PDA

View Full Version : Getting to Know You (Dasquain Belargic)

Ki-Adi Kindo
Jan 25th, 2003, 02:52:20 PM
It was a brisk new morning. Sunlight was beginning to descend upon Coruscant and it's slumbering residents, waking them up from a good night's rest. A minority of people though, was already up and at it. Kindo was among the few.

Like always, he was already up to business before the daybreak, and for many reasons. Since he'd done it for years, it taught him self-discipline. He also admired viewing the sunrise. It reassured him that no matter what happened, a new day would never cease to come.

After a long walk through Avalon, he'd ventured to the Bar & Grill for his usual cup of coffee. Most mornings he'd sit by himself, but this morning was different. He was meeting up with Jedi Knight and Council Member Dasquain Belargic, a colleague he had rarely spoken with before. Their duties always called them elsewhere. Today, however, two Knights would get the chance to get to know one another over a warm cup of Jo.

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 27th, 2003, 11:11:03 AM
As an early riser, Dasquian had been in the bar and grill for some time. He sat at his usual table with a news data pad on his lap, his right foot resting upon his left knee. In his hands he held a glass of some lime coloured cordial, and an intricate little pastry. The Knight, unusually, didn’t spot Kindo approaching.

Ki-Adi Kindo
Jan 28th, 2003, 04:31:59 PM
Once Kindo had walked in it hadn't taken him long at all to spot Dasquain, but when you’re there as much as all Jedi it were of no surprise. He promptly made his way over toward the Knight's table and standing there behind him he caused a light shadow to fall over his data pad, letting Dasquain know someone was there.

" I knew I could find you here. "

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 29th, 2003, 11:28:54 AM
The somewhat familiar voice drew Dasquian’s attention upwards and onto Kindo, a smile immediately forming over his lips.

“Good morning, Ki Adi. Please, do join me,” the Knight said with a gesture down at the unoccupied seat opposite.

Ki-Adi Kindo
Jan 30th, 2003, 04:27:09 PM
Kindo gave a bright smile as he took Dasquain up on his offer, sitting in the seat opposite his.

" It's been long since we've last spoke to one another. How have you been since? "

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 31st, 2003, 12:38:25 PM
“I’ve had my fair share of ups and downs from life, though it seems that more recently things are leaning towards the up.”

Dasquian smiled and set down his data pad and drink.

“What about you, Kindo? How is Knighthood treating you? Is it everything you imagined it would be?”

Ki-Adi Kindo
Feb 3rd, 2003, 04:21:47 PM
For a brief moment, several experiences replayed within Kindo's mind. Everything from a lightsaber fight with two Sith at once to training long nights with Rognan, Knighthood had proven already to be quite the adventure.

" Oh, it's something alright. "

He gave a short-lived smirk.

" So tell me, what all have you been up to here lately? "

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 4th, 2003, 01:34:29 PM
“Very little, though I’m not sad to say it. I’ve been given time to meet with others who I would not otherwise have spoken to, among things, as well as being able to devote time to searching a little into my personal history.”

He smiled one of those smiles that seemed to punctuate most conversations, and really didn’t appear to have much reason for existing.

Ki-Adi Kindo
Feb 4th, 2003, 03:16:50 PM
" I myself have been thinking of taking a trip back to Serenno for a week or so. It's my home planet, the place I grew up, yet I haven't smelt it's familiar air in quite sometime. "

Just as he began contemplating that, he nearly forgot that he was in the middle of a conversation. He set that aside in his mind to think on later.

" I think it's great that you're searching into your history. I oftentimes wonder where I'd be without mine. "