PDA

View Full Version : HULK trailer leaked

ReaperFett
Jan 24th, 2003, 01:50:21 PM
Someone found it on the official website. Id suspect this is a Superbowl one.

http://www.mariomilitia.com/hulk_tv_300k.asf

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :D

Diego Van Derveld
Jan 24th, 2003, 03:33:00 PM
Awesome :)

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 24th, 2003, 04:03:11 PM
Ooooh suweet :crack

Mu Satach
Jan 24th, 2003, 10:06:23 PM
Ha ha ha... that was cute. :)

Jinn Fizz
Jan 24th, 2003, 10:20:32 PM
Cool!!!! :crack

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 24th, 2003, 10:35:35 PM
Looks very cool, I like that line, "You wouldn't like me when I am angry." Right out of the great TV series. Anybody have any idea what Nick Nolte is going to play?? I heard his father but I wasn't sure what the deal is going to be with that

ReaperFett
Jan 25th, 2003, 01:23:42 PM
I believe You are correct

Hart
Jan 26th, 2003, 06:49:25 PM
It looks like it could be good :)

Admiral Lebron
Jan 26th, 2003, 07:14:48 PM
Was it the one they just showed in the super bowl? Where he picks up the tank and throws it far far away?

jjwr
Jan 26th, 2003, 09:21:37 PM
The Trailer was great, I loved the part with the Tank :)

Darth23
Jan 26th, 2003, 09:38:12 PM
The link's not working.

I thought the one they showed on tv was horrible.

My initial reaction was that the movie just lost $100 million

There was talk about it grossing $250 million or more. I can't see it making more than $150 million

Admiral Lebron
Jan 26th, 2003, 09:59:19 PM
WTF is your problem?! It looked great. That is how the Hulk is supposed to be.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 26th, 2003, 10:08:54 PM
It looked very good to me, its hard to tell about the CGI because it was so quick, won't be able to judge that until the second trailer. And it showed nothing about the Plot, I still have a feeling it will be the highest grossing film of the summer.

JMK
Jan 26th, 2003, 10:10:57 PM
I thought it looked excellent. Hulk looked great and violent as he should be. This year at the movies is going to be ultra busy, for me anyway!

Admiral Lebron
Jan 26th, 2003, 10:27:28 PM
Exactly, the superbowl trailer showed him just bustin' out a can of anger and muscle.

Loki Ahmrah
Jan 26th, 2003, 10:57:34 PM
Link isn't working! :cry

Loki Ahmrah
Jan 26th, 2003, 11:04:43 PM
Just seen it and from what I saw I think it looks absolutely atrocious. I'll stick to this view now until I go see, I doubt I can be dissapointed as a result.

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 26th, 2003, 11:12:45 PM
Not something I will go out of my way to see.

Darth23
Jan 27th, 2003, 12:18:48 AM
Originally posted by Admiral Lebron
WTF is your problem?! It looked great. That is how the Hulk is supposed to be.

Two words

Ana

Conda
---------------------

CGI Hulk move WAY to fast!

CGI Hulk look like he's made of rubber

CGI Hulk Look bad.

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 27th, 2003, 12:42:56 AM
My thought was... what's the point of this moive? Why should I care? And yes, the quality of the CGI was lousy. Surely it is not ILM doing this, because this close to release, surely the CG would be better. And here I was thinking the Matrix trailer looked pathetic....

ReaperFett
Jan 27th, 2003, 02:40:51 AM
My thought was... what's the point of this moive?
What's the point of the LOTR movies?

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 27th, 2003, 02:58:29 AM
What's the point of your question, apart from sounding redundant? The trailer, such as it was, showed no point to The Hulk. All it was was some green guy going GRRR! and throwing a tank. Big Deal.

Admiral Lebron
Jan 27th, 2003, 08:43:12 AM
Thats the Hulk... in the 70's they made him seem like a wuss... now he is just anger... which is the hulk. So what if the CGI ain't great. If they keep the movie true to the story I'll be happy.

Darth23
Jan 27th, 2003, 09:08:59 AM
If he looks ridicukous then peoplw will be giggling in the theaters when he appears onscreen.

Not a good thing when he's the whole point of the movie.

It's not a 'cgi problem'

It's a Character problem - the way the character looks on screen. Whether it's because of cgi, masks, or other fx is irrelevant.

ReaperFett
Jan 27th, 2003, 09:20:57 AM
The closeup of him looks awesome :)

What's the point of your question, apart from sounding redundant?
You're asking what the point is of bringing to the screen one of the most popular comic characters ever, with a large following from the TV show and cartoon also. So, I ask what is the point of adapting some books about some people going rarrrr and trying to destroy some jewelery :)

Admiral Lebron
Jan 27th, 2003, 11:32:58 AM
He looks like the hulk...

Vega Van-Derveld
Jan 27th, 2003, 11:40:08 AM
I heard there was an exact copy of this trailer, only as a cartoon - true? If so, anyone have a link?

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 27th, 2003, 01:13:00 PM
Well the trailer is a 30 second teaser so it is hard to judge it will be better to wait until the full trailer, the CGI doesn't look that bad I have seen a lot worse. Plus the shots are so quick its really hard to tell how good it is.

JMK
Jan 27th, 2003, 04:45:12 PM
The movie still comes out in another 4 months. They could still make improvements to him. I thought he looked fine to begin with, especially when he tossed that tank across the desert.

Loki Ahmrah
Jan 27th, 2003, 08:16:41 PM
Originally posted by ReaperFett
The closeup of him looks awesome :)

You're asking what the point is of bringing to the screen one of the most popular comic characters ever, with a large following from the TV show and cartoon also. So, I ask what is the point of adapting some books about some people going rarrrr and trying to destroy some jewelery :)

I think you misinterpreted what Marcus meant in his innitial statement:

"My thought was... what's the point of this moive? Why should I care?"

By this I believe he meant that after watching the trailer, a non-fan of the series nor comics may not feel compelled to go see it as what we see is just shots from the movie with no explanation of plot or anything of the like. All we get is that he is the hulk, he's angry and likes to trash tanks.

I don't believe he was insinuating that the film should not be made as their is no "point" to making it but just a dissatisfoed observation of the trailer. I share his views if that is the case, the CGI and general look of the film seems woeful, especially for an Ang Lee movie. Personally, I prefered the first little trailer, that was encouraging.

ReaperFett
Jan 27th, 2003, 08:24:41 PM
To me, the general look of the film is HULK! Dont like Hulk, why the hell you going? What sort of sadomasochist are you? For the love of all things good man, WHY???

:)

Loki Ahmrah
Jan 27th, 2003, 08:29:57 PM
I never really took to the Hulk. In any shape or form, comics or television. Ang Lee jumping on the comic-to-film conversion bandwagon excited me and I thought we could have something that doesn't quite fit the equation of X-Men and Spiderman movies. Something different and fresh. But what I've seen looks rank. :(

ReaperFett
Jan 27th, 2003, 08:35:06 PM
Ang Lee is doing different. Thats why many comic fans are nervous. That's why I love the Daredevil makers :)

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 27th, 2003, 10:35:01 PM
That is the problem for a 30 second trailer it can't explain plot and nor should it, the second trailer should do more, the first Daredevil trailer didn't show much either. Also reaper Ang Lee doing different should be interesting I am not even sure about the whole Nick Nolte thing.

Mu Satach
Jan 28th, 2003, 10:58:18 PM
HULK go MAAAAAAAAAD!

HULK go GRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

HUUUUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!

hehehehe...

I'll have to be the right frame of mind for it... that's all... though I do *hope* they work on the cgi a bit... otherwise it will continually distract me from whatever little plot there is in it.
:rollin

Darth23
Jan 29th, 2003, 09:37:52 AM
Originally posted by JMK
The movie still comes out in another 4 months. They could still make improvements to him. I thought he looked fine to begin with, especially when he tossed that tank across the desert.

Actually I thought that part was the worst. And it didn't get better when I downloaded the trailer and looked at it frame by frame.

It looked like they did a motion capture of a discus or hammer thrower, but they forgot that a tank weighs a BIT more than a tank.

I KNOW the Hulk, excuse me 'Hulk' is stronger, but the gun turret would probably snap if the tank was spun aroud that fast.

I know I'm enterting Super-Geek Ultra-Fanboy territory here, but the shot looked like something was wrong with it, and I'm trying to figure out why.

Sene Unty
Jan 29th, 2003, 09:50:58 AM
I must say I was not impressed by the preview. It had its moments but the CGI did look goofy. I just hope they will fix it in time.

ReaperFett
Jan 29th, 2003, 10:59:43 AM
And spiderman would break his legs and back landing the way he does. Jeez Darth, it's a COMIC ;)

Jackie Dennegin
Jan 29th, 2003, 11:31:30 AM
I don't really have any substantial experience with anything to do with the Hulk but the trailer just didn't catch me. I'm not saying it's going to be an awful movie, I don't know enough about it to make such a claim but the CGI did look a little half-hearted.

But I'm not a big fan of comics and such so I'll give it a fair trial when it's released :)

Diego Van Derveld
Jan 29th, 2003, 12:34:44 PM
I agree about the tank toss. It was a bit much.

Sene Unty
Jan 29th, 2003, 12:42:30 PM
That was the best part for me. I laughed out loud......don't know if it was supposed to be funny though....

ReaperFett
Jan 29th, 2003, 12:50:35 PM
I loved it. If an Ent can kick an orc, then Hulk can tank toss :)

Sene Unty
Jan 29th, 2003, 12:52:30 PM
Of course he can. He could pick up a frigging mountain if he was mad enough.

Diego Van Derveld
Jan 29th, 2003, 12:52:37 PM
Oh, I have more problems with the Ents, trust me.

Sene Unty
Jan 29th, 2003, 12:54:50 PM
I don't even want to get in to all the problems I have with TTT. They massacred the book.....

Admiral Lebron
Jan 29th, 2003, 01:53:14 PM
The Hulk is as big as a house, all muscle, and doesn't have much mentallity, therefore he is like a monkey. He can use his strength to its full capacity.

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 29th, 2003, 02:07:56 PM
Originally posted by Sene Unty
I don't even want to get in to all the problems I have with TTT. They massacred the book.....

You saw a different movie to me then

Diego Van Derveld
Jan 29th, 2003, 02:28:58 PM
I've not read the books in their entirety, and I doubt I will. My only concern is the lack of foliage they had.

Loki Ahmrah
Jan 29th, 2003, 09:08:39 PM
Originally posted by Marcus Elessar
You saw a different movie to me then

Ditto to that.

I just hope this trailer is to throw people of course in an effort to really suprise the audience with a great plot with intelligent delivery as expected from Ang Lee. Who's doing the writing and what have they done before?

Sene Unty
Jan 29th, 2003, 10:25:09 PM
You mean to tell me they didn't change anything from the book?

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 29th, 2003, 11:13:23 PM
They made a lot of changes I agree some I think were necessary the worst change, IMO was the Falamir thing it changed too much of his character. Also I am sure there are some Tolken purists who hated when the elves showed up at Helm's deep.

Sene Unty
Jan 30th, 2003, 08:13:11 AM
Faramir being changed pissed me off to no end. Everytime he came on screen I wanted to scream. This is not to say that I didn't enjoy the movie. I absolutly loved it for what it was. In fact I rated it as my second favorite movie of the year.

Loki Ahmrah
Jan 30th, 2003, 08:37:44 AM
There is a very powerful difference between "change" and "massacre". I didn't like the character of Faramir in the movie at all. Although the arrival of the elves at Helm's Deep was excellent, different from the book but very effective and moving.

The whole purist argument does niggle at my nerves somewhat. Would they rather the director oblige like a slave to follow every pain-staking part of the book to mind-numbing accuracy or allow him to take liberties and make a better film because of the changes made?

As far as I am concerned, "The Two Towers" is a better film than it would have been had the director been overly faithful to the book. If this had been the case, then Helm's Deep would've lasted ten minutes and the Ent moot twenty.

JMK
Jan 30th, 2003, 09:23:11 PM
Good point Loki, but what the hell does niggle mean?!?!?!

Loki Ahmrah
Jan 31st, 2003, 06:44:00 AM
Irritate. :)

Admiral Lebron
Jan 31st, 2003, 03:27:22 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2003/01/31/movies/31FLIC.html?pagewanted=2&ei=5062&en=ddd3ef177dbfbdbf&ex=1044680400&partner=GOOGLE

Dirjj Mordrai
Feb 4th, 2003, 03:41:26 PM
To quote the green behemoth himself:

"Arghh... the madder Hulk gets the stronger Hulk gets!!!"

ReaperFett
Feb 4th, 2003, 03:46:18 PM
BTW, new trailer will apparently be attatched to Daredevil, along with new ones for X-Men 2 and League of Extraordinary Gentlemen