PDA

View Full Version : Second introductions (Closed)

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 24th, 2003, 12:54:05 AM
The halls of the Jedi Order were dark. It was in the deepest part of the night and only the odd sleepless being would be walking through the passageways. Quiet enshrouded those areas, disturbed only by the odd maintenance droid and the wanderings of a familiar black cat, silently paddign between areas of deep shadow, for in it's own way it sensed it was not alone in quietly walking the halls. After a few minutes, it came across a shadow, it sat down and stared, it's yellow eyes watching. After a few seconds, the cat mewed.

"Shhh. Quiet Stig. Dont wake anyone"

The cat went silent but continued to stare as part of the shadow broke away and flitted quickly to another pool of darkness. The speaker seemed to look around, seeming to make out details that no other being could in this gloom. Even the cat seemed a touch uncertain at points, following the being as it now did. The being crossed antoher threshhold, before stopping at a door. Without pause, the lock was opened with just a point of a finger, the intruder silently moving once again, cape trailing in his wake. This area was darker again, the cat now using its other senses to move, for in this dark normal eyes were useless.

The near-human whom now was getting close to one of the desks in this room however, had eyes that were definantly not normal. An accident had left him with inverted sight because of extreme light sensitivity - blinded during the day, with incredibly sharp and precise vision in darkness.

"Now... where is it" he muttered, looking around the desks for something that was promised to have been left.... "Ahhh. perfect. Just exactly like I asked"

He took a seat, then picked up the sheaf of flimseys, beginning to go through them. Nothing really new here, he noted. New Padawans, Some Council business. A communique between the Senate liason and the Jedi (That bought a smile to his face, thinking who that liason was) . News Jedi Master Morgan Evanar was missing (That bought a frown to his face, that was most unlike Morgan) and also a few other notes. Immersing himself in the goings on of the Order, catching up on what he had missed over the last few motnhs in his absence. Notes left by Master Yogurt for a Jedi that for the rest of the Order, except for one or two others, no longer existed. figrin had done his job well - no trace of Marcus Q'Dunn existed. An alias there was in case he needed to show his face before the Council (Even if all the Masters knew his face), all there was left of his life in the Jedi was that of Turbogeek.

Somedays this is even too complicated for me to follow. How I wish there was no need for what I had to do and what I will do. What I wouldnt give to be alone with Helenias and far away, in peace.

Quite abruptly, he realised footsteps were coming. Quickly he put up his hood and readied his eye protection, for he was quite well expecting a light to be turned on and the stranger to enter.

James Prent
Jan 24th, 2003, 12:59:11 AM
James was awake. Used to working late hours, the hours that the vast majority of the Jedi were sleeping she spent wandering the passages of Avalon. The guards all knew her by sight now, and left her alone.

She was musing over the Jedi Code when she heard the rustle of papers in one of the offices. It was dark, but her eyes were adjusted to the lighting of the hallway. Taking a few cautious steps forward, James noticed a darker blotch in the landscape, indicating an open doorway. The young woman hesitated, and then walked towards the door.

She was probably making a nice outline against the lighter hallway, but it was so dark it would be hard to tell. James peered into the darkness and tried to make out the person within. "I don't think you're supposed to be in here, y'know?" Krasst what are you doing? James you don't have any combat training! You don't even have a lightsaber yet!

James had spent quite a bit of time in an all night diner, and had bounced her fair share of drunks, although she had a feeling this wasn't going to be anything like that. Strangely enough she didn't feel alarmed, and felt no instinct of danger close at hand. The padawan edged into the room, hand searching for the lightswitch.

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 24th, 2003, 03:15:23 AM
"Lightswitch is about a meter to your right, m'lady" he stated, voice soft and gentle, the ccent he had adding to the gentleness, "And if I'm not allowed in here, I dont think anyone is"

Now who was this, he wondered. Sense seemed familiar, like he had met the.. woman by the sound of it. Moving quickly, he finished putting on the light blocking contacts, so that he would be able to tolerate the illumination - didnt matter if he could not see, he had The Force.

A small click alerted him that th lights were on. The hood hiding his features, he turned his head a bit, to let the woman know she had his attention.

"You will have to forgive me good lady, I can sense you but I can not see you. Please, would you care to join me, miss....?"

James Prent
Jan 24th, 2003, 03:25:00 AM
She flushed in the darkness, and moved the opposite direction from which she had been fumbling. Scant seconds later her finger found the switch and the lights came on. The being was hooded and cloaked, and a large black cat was rubbing itself on the corner of the desk the man was seated behind.

Papers littered the desk, and she hesitantly stepped forward. "Who are you? Why are you here in the dead of night?"

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 24th, 2003, 03:39:45 AM
"well, I was asking what your name was first, but if you wish to know mine...."

Hmmm, now therein was an interesting question. Give a real name or one of his alias? Not that the real one would mean anything, for nothing existed that would tell who or what he was and thise who knew were sworn to secrecy. Somethign in this woman made him feel like he could trust her, so after the briefest of pauses, he continued.

"Would it satisfy you to know I am a Jedi Master, who is catching up on some coming and goings of the Order? It has been a long time I have been gone and much has happened since I left. If you want to put a name to me, Elessar will do for now. And whom am I speaking to?"

James Prent
Jan 24th, 2003, 03:54:17 AM
"James Prent." She edged forward more. "A Jedi Master by the name of Elessar? Why sneak about in the middle of the night? Aren't you welcome here?"

James felt an inkling of doubt, and stopped walking towards the desk. Should I go for the door and security? "Y'know, you seem familiar."

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 24th, 2003, 04:03:20 AM
PRENT?!?!

Frell! No wonder she familiar! Remembering to their first meeting in the Bar, he inwardly winced.

"I think we may have met once before. I must apologise, I believe I was a bit rude to you then. And to answer your other questions - I prefer not to be seen nor heard. My business is dangerous and I prefer not to get others involved. Only a few even know I exist" he stated. "But come, why not lay aside your suspicion? Reach out with your feelings and see if the Force tells you I am a danger to you. Beings may lie, I may lie, the Force never lies. See what it says about me"

James Prent
Jan 24th, 2003, 04:20:03 AM
She sat down finally, in the chair across from him, and the cat rubbed against her ankles. She couldn't remember this man before, but they may have met before....oh....the root stew in the bar and grill. James smiled. "Apology accepted."

Elessar mentioned drawing on the Force, and she shrugged. "I'm only a padawan, and not all that great, y'know?" James took a deep breath, and tried to slide into peace, but was too worried and excited by the late night happenings. "I don't think you're dangerous. I wouldn't have come in if I thought you were."

She bent down and scratched the cat behind the ears and was rewarded by a rumbly purr.

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 24th, 2003, 06:56:21 PM
"To you, I am not a danger, nor to this Order. But to others, aye that be different"

Now why was it, he wondered, why did this woman seem to be more familiar than just that chance meeting in the bar? Seeing her only within the Force, she seemed to bear some similariy to someone else and it was going to frustrate him later whom it was she reminded him of. Something that most likely he would dismiss later anyway.

"So your a Padawan here? Tell about yourself them. As I cant see you, describe yourself to me. Tell me whom your Master is and what you have learned"

James Prent
Feb 11th, 2003, 01:49:18 AM
She shifted in her seat, and slouched a little. "Well, I'm about five feet tall, short brown hair, lack of general style, according to some of the other padawans." James smiled a little at what someone had said about her messy hair style, and then twisted it into a half frown. Many, if not most, of the padawans had been here since they were very young.

There were others like her, who had come to the Force at an older age (James was almost nineteen), but she hadn't had much contact with anyone else yet. "My master's Salemn Lysce, and I've learned a little bit about calming myself to reach the Force, and some telekinesis and telepathy." Again she smiled, "With Salemn it's a must to learn telepathy, y'know?"

James sighed, and added, "Generally it's slow going. But I'm working hard."

Marcus Telcontar
Feb 23rd, 2003, 05:10:13 AM
"Whatever you say about yourself, you have a plesant voice to listen to. Aye, slow going it is. Being a Jedi is a long and hard road - a patient one that I will not lie, it is difficult as well. i have been learning the ways of the Force for over 100 years, yet there is still more to know. But don't let that bother you" he ended with a laugh, feeling the surprise from this Prent, "I'm a slow learner, even if the Force is strong in me."

James Prent
Feb 25th, 2003, 02:54:22 AM
"Is it?" Her question was innocent, although James was gauging the man in front of her. His look was unkempt, yet with a hairbut and a shave he would be quite handsome. Maybe it's because he's blind, he just doesn't care what he looks like. Or maybe not.

"Anyway I should probably get going back to my bed..." She pushed up on the arms of the chair to get to her feet.

Marcus Telcontar
Feb 25th, 2003, 03:10:12 AM
"Going alreay?" he said lightly, with a slightly amused hint on his voice. "Well, if you dont mind, turn the light out as you go. It's not like I'll need it"

As she went, he stopped her with a few words.

"One more thing... It's Marcus. Marcus Elessar - You wont find my name or record of me here, but trust me in this - If you even need help or get into trouble, try to contact Helenias Evenstar, whom is a Jedi Knight here. She'll make sure I know. May The Force be With you, Padawan"

James Prent
Feb 25th, 2003, 11:45:00 PM
His words didn't make her less uneasy, no records of him, and his name would not be known? Intruder! Her mind seemed to scream at her, but James remained calm. Perhaps it was a trick of the Force. Or perhaps he was telling the truth.

She was a good judge of character, and although his words stirred up unrest in her heart, his attitude and bearing led her to feel more at ease. "May the Force be with you, Master Elessar." James effected a little bow, and walked slowly out to the door.