PDA

View Full Version : The undying dilemma (open)

Darren Caerdeth
Jan 23rd, 2003, 11:14:56 PM
Darren let out a yawn of boredom as he strolled around outside of the Bar and Grill. Earlier that night, in an abandoned warehouse, he'd found an interesting little tool. He then decided to take a trip to Yog's for a drink. Problem was, security seemed to have a problem about allowing him in with a crowbar. So naturally, Darren decided to hang out around the adjacent street, with the crowbar lazily draped across his shoulder.

Was he there to pry something loose?

Remove a bent nail from a board?

Of course not...Darren fully intended on thwacking someone with his new found toy. Now his only problem was deciding who.

Complete randomness could get so involved at times.....

Andrue Dimitri
Jan 24th, 2003, 08:11:47 PM
"Excuse me, Sir."

Andrue looked up at the man with the crowbar, a slightly confused look on his face. He was on his way to the infamous Yog's to see what it was like for himself, after hearing so much talk about the dwelling.

However, in order to get there he needed the man to step aside to let him aside ...

Darren Caerdeth
Jan 24th, 2003, 08:35:31 PM
"Hello!"

Nah...too small...

"Where ya headed, big guy?"

Kaytor Surna
Jan 24th, 2003, 08:49:17 PM
"I belive he was headed inside, Darren. Now if you will, step aside."

Kaytor stepped up behind the boy so quickly that a few might have thought she had appeared there. The vampyress looked at Darren. Her eyes narrowed slightly as she watched him. He still had not moved.

"Darren I am sure that if you prevent this establishment from any more people not entering that the people who run it will not be happy..."

She ment it as a light threat towards him. He knew that it would not be the people who run it that would get angry.

Andrue Dimitri
Jan 24th, 2003, 08:53:05 PM
He was about to answer when a woman suddenly stepped up besides him. He jumped slightly and blushed.

"Well, erm ... I'm okay, miss...'

Obviously they had been acquanted with each other in the past, for she knew the man's name - Darren. He had no clue that they were both vampyres, even though he had just visited the Shrine a couple nights ago.

"You know, I think I'll just be heading back home ..."

Kaytor Surna
Jan 24th, 2003, 08:57:46 PM
Kaytor smiled lightly down at the boy. She placed a reasuring hand on his shoulder and looked back at Darren. The boy could feel that her skin was cold for she had not yet eaten today. But she sent him a force message. The thoughts ran through his head like a gentle moving stream.

'You are safe. Do not fear me or him. I will not alow harm to come to you.'

The only thing Kaytor had pity for was the young. They were still innocent and unknowing of the dark side. She hoped that they would never have to face the evil of the force that she had been subject to for so long.

Darren Caerdeth
Jan 24th, 2003, 09:04:33 PM
"Im not blocking anyone's way! Im just standing here, quite innocently I might add, minding my own business!"

Darren looked down to the boy for a moment and offered a big toothy smile....

"You can go ahead if ya want, Im not trying to stop ya, but fair warning. That guard at the door, hes right picky about who he lets in. He wouldnt even let me take two steps before harassing me!"

Kaytor Surna
Jan 24th, 2003, 09:08:05 PM
"Hm I wounder why?"

She uses the force to levitate the crowbar into the air and into her hands. She looks it over.

"I doubt that they will let you in with this."

Darren Caerdeth
Jan 24th, 2003, 09:18:02 PM
The look on Darren's face was that of extreme offense. She had taken his toy away! Without asking! With zero hesitation, and blinding speed, Darren rushed forward and snatched the crowbar out of Kaytor's hands, making sure to keep a tight grip, in case she decided to pilfer him again!

"No way Kaytor! You get your own!"

Andrue Dimitri
Jan 24th, 2003, 09:22:11 PM
He shivered slightly when he felt her hand on his shoulder. Her skin was cold, deathly cold - cold like a ... vampyre. Immediately his brown eyes widened and he looked at her, his heart beginning to beat faster. He still remembered his encounter with the Shrine ....

"You are safe. Do not fear me or him. I will not allow harm to come to you."

This was the first time anybody had spoken in his head, and he jumped again. well, at least her words were reassuring. Biting on his lower lip, Andrue tore his gaze off of her and glanced at Darren, just in time to see the man's crowbar float of his hands into the woman's.

What the - !

Okay, voices in his head were unusual, but he could handle that. But objects floating in the air ? No. Way.

"... Okay, I'm really going to go now."

He turned around, his eyebrows raised, and began to walk away. He heard Darren yell out the woman's name - Kaytor - telling her to get her own crowbar. Andrue smiled slightly and turned his head to see what Kaytor would do.

Kaytor Surna
Jan 24th, 2003, 09:26:39 PM
Kaytor watches the boy walk away and turn around again. She looked at Darren as he took the crowbar from her hand and shrugged. She walked past him and suddenly her hand flew up and knocked him upside the head. Supprisingly though, Darren is knocked over by the force of it. A few people find that a woman so small could have done something like that but the proof was now laying on the ground. She kneels down and whispers in the mans ear.

"Touch the boy or anyone around here and you will have me to pay you back for it."

She stood, handed a lightsaber, a sword and a blaster to the guard then stepped in the door. She glanced back at the boy and smiled gently to him. She nodded to the boy and continued inside.

Darren Caerdeth
Jan 24th, 2003, 09:46:35 PM
Darren smirked as from his spot on the ground as Kaytor made her way into Yogs. Behind her back, he silently mouthed "Screw You", though, she wouldnt know.

He sat there for a moment, holding his precious crowbar until the door shut behind Kaytor. An mischievous look crossed his features as he looked over to Andrue.

"Im about to go find something to do, wanna go?"

Kaytor Surna
Jan 24th, 2003, 09:50:38 PM
Despite what he thought, she did hear him. Along with what he said to the young boy. She sat near the door, watching out the small window at the man. If he touched the boy with a ten foot pole she would be on him.

Kaytor glanced around the bar at the others in there. The comotion outside had aroused some of the patrons of the bar. She lowered her head slightly and pulled her hood over her head. She knew that some of them already knew who she was.

Andrue Dimitri
Jan 24th, 2003, 09:55:16 PM
As Kaytor walked past Darren, she smacked him in the head - which made Darren fall to the ground. He knew Vampyres had incredible strength, but it was still amazing to see someone so petite as herself knock over a man.

As Kaytor glanced back, Andrue returned her smile and watched her disappear inside Yog's. Darren had picked himself up, of course clutching onto the crowbar.

"Uhm ..."

Well, what was there to lose? Hell, he remembered when him and his brother used to do worse. What happened to him? Suddenly, with the innocent ego that only those thirteen and younger could possess, he straightened up.

"Yeah, okay."

Darren Caerdeth
Jan 24th, 2003, 10:04:52 PM
Darren quickly got to his feet. With a shrug of his shoulder, he signalled for Andrue to follow. Yog's wasnt any fun, as they didnt allow patrons to carry crowbars.

Now the pair, the duo really, started down the street, slowly making there way down the street. And out of view of Yogs. Darren looked down to Andrue and held out his hand...

"Darren Caerdeth, and you are?"

Kaytor Surna
Jan 24th, 2003, 10:13:41 PM
Kaytor watched them till they moved out of her sight. She then slipped out the door, grabed her weapons and followed them in the shadows, keeping herself hidden from all detection of the two.

Andrue Dimitri
Jan 24th, 2003, 10:18:00 PM
Obediently he followed, feeling a slight rush of excitement. Only once did he look back behind him, hoping to see a glimpse of Kaytor's face out of the window, but didn't. He looked away and continued to trudge by Darren's side. When the man held out his head and introduced himself, he reached out with his hand and shook it.

"Andrue," he said, not adding his last name. After all, him and Darren had just met.

Darren Caerdeth
Jan 24th, 2003, 10:23:59 PM
"Good ta meet ya Andrue"

Darren kept his pace slow, so the smaller one could keep up.

"Sorry you had to meet Kaytor. Shes a bit high strung..."

Darren sighed to himself. Now that he was away from Yog's he decided he could talk freely.

"i'll tell ya, first she steals my crowbar, then she knocks me down. Shes lucky im nice, or she woulda been eatin steel."

Darren offered a reassuring wink to Andrue, suggesting that all the mess he talked would be backed up, given the chance.

"I guarantee you...she couldnt do it twice!"

Andrue Dimitri
Jan 24th, 2003, 10:38:01 PM
He grinned while listening to Darren speak. The guy had a sense of humor - or maybe he was being serious. Either way, Andrue found him funny.

"So how do you two know each other? I don't mean to pry or anything, but it seems like you two don't hit it off too good."

Eve Siren
Jan 27th, 2003, 12:21:58 PM
Andrue hadn't been home for two days now. Eve Siren was getting worried. The former Sith Knight strolled down the street, looking for the child through the visor of her motorcycle helmet. On the helmet was a skull drawn on it. It made the people around her clear the way, making it easier to find him. Still, no luck so far. She wore her usual leather attire, entirely black and lifted her half-gloved hands, putting it gently on the back of her neck. Her long hair was tied up and carefully put in the helmet, so it didn't come in the way. She massaged the back of her neck gently, closing her light brown eyes.

"Umm ...." Eve sighed, cursing under her breath.

If she couldn't find him in another hour, she'd have to continue searching tomorrow. She couldn't let Syren by herself, in the base. It was just too risky.

Darren Caerdeth
Jan 27th, 2003, 05:00:56 PM
"I was out for dinner one night, and she interupted me. Being real rude ya know. She decided to set my food on fire and run away, which really sucked, cause I was enjoying it ya know. To make a long story short, she tried to sneak attack me on the roof of a building, and I ended up pushing her off the edge...."

Darren offered a smile and an assuring wink, as if to say "and thats exactly how it happened"....

Andrue Dimitri
Jan 27th, 2003, 08:29:42 PM
As Darren got to the part of his food being set on fire, Andrue had a mental image of roast beef and potatoes blazing in a roaring fire. Of course he had no idea that Darren meant a human, since he didn't suspect the man to actually be a vampyre. Grinning broadly as Darren finished his story, the boy looked down the alley and saw a feminine figure that looked vaguely familiar ... too familiar ...

"... Eve!" he shouted out suddenly, his grin growing wider.

He had grown so attached to Eve that he viewed her as a motherly figure and it hurt when he "ran away" (of which he only packed about five apples and three milk cartons which quickly disappeared). It was the voice in the back of his head that told him he was a nuisance which drove him away, even though he was reconsidering about coming back.

"Eve, is that you?"

He glanced at Darren quickly, his brown eyes suddenly seeming alive.

"Come on, you have to meet her! I live with her, and she's really cool."

Eve Siren
Jan 28th, 2003, 10:50:17 AM
"... Eve!"

Eve turned immediately to that familiar voice. It was Andrue. She glanced around quickly to see where he was and saw him with a stranger. She squinted her eyes and had a clear maximized image of who it was. Sometimes, she really liked the idea of being genetically engineered with feline DNA. Other times, she felt like it was useless. She stood there, waiting for Andrue to come towards her, silently, her hands on her hips.

"...."

Darren Caerdeth
Jan 28th, 2003, 08:05:26 PM
A confused look came over Darren's face as Andrue pointed toward....a woman!

Friends had often told him kids were an excellent way to meet women, but this was working too perfectly. It was at this point that Darren realized how foolish he must look walking around with a crowbar. With a clank, the crowbar was dropped and instantly forgotten.

"I'd love to meet her! Lead the way friend."

Hunger was starting to play over in the back of Darren's mind, but it was merely an afterthought at this point, though he did subconsciously prod at one of his fangs with his tongue. Dinner was immediately forgotten about also, as Andrue began to lead the way over towards the woman who was calling him.

Eve Siren
Jan 31st, 2003, 11:06:51 AM
Eve tilted her head to the aside, looking at the man Andrue was bringing along with him. She arched an eyebrow and lifted her hand up to the chin of her helmet, taking it off slowly. Her long dark hair was delivered, and began to flow with the wind. The former Sith Knight gazed at the man for a moment, before kneeling down to put her arms around Andrue for a hug. She didn't need to say anything, knowing Andrue. She stood back up and looked over at the stranger.

"Have you been looking after this kid ?"

Darren Caerdeth
Jan 31st, 2003, 02:36:08 PM
"Actually, we just met, but ive been looking after him for the past few minutes, if that counts"

Darren gave an almost proud smile....

"How are ya, the name's Darren..."

Eve Siren
Feb 1st, 2003, 05:59:28 PM
"Eve."

Eve squinted her eyes, as if a thought had crossed her mind and she couldn't help but express it physically, though she didn't want to. She remained silent for a moment, then grinned, putting a hand on her hip.

"You're not very used to smiling, do you ?"