PDA

View Full Version : The Force is strong, but I cannot use it...(open to a Jedi Knight/Master)

Shrin Safserim
Jan 23rd, 2003, 10:19:58 PM
"Nor can I afford to join an Order dedicated to the Force's use...I do not need the burdens of such a commitment. Can you teach me?" Shrin asks the Force user before him.

Xazor Elessar
Jan 24th, 2003, 04:58:43 PM
A figure clad in black flowing robes stood before the young man and eyed him curiously.

"Why is it you cannot bare the burden of joining an Order? If you cannot bare that, than how can you fathom becomming a Jedi?"

The voice rang softly around Shrin -- it was that of a woman and sounded almost motherly. With one hand, she removed the hood of her cloak to allow the light to bathe the gentle features of her face. Slowly her hand came back down to rest upon her lightsaber's hilt which hung upon her weapons belt around her waist.

"And what is your name, young one?"

The Warrior Jedi Knight questioned, canting her head to the side and eyeing the young man. She smiled gently, and it was evident that she could be trusted by the mere look in her cyan eyes.

Shrin Safserim
Jan 24th, 2003, 05:29:52 PM
"I cannot join an Order becaus my motives are, at their hearts, selfish. They would conflict with the purposes and motives of the Order. That is why I cannot be a Jedi. Rather, I am simply a rogue lightsider. My name is Shrin, and I come from a distant land. My goal is to return to that land. So I cannot afford to join an Order. It would take far too long."

Xazor Elessar
Jan 24th, 2003, 06:03:45 PM
Xazor nodded slowly as she looked Shrin over, taking in every detail about him. The Garou Knight canted her head again slightly as she locked eyes with him.

"I too am from a distant land but I have returned there. It is acceptable if you choose not to join the Order -- but I have found many benefits in doing so."

She paused a moment in her thoughts and smiled once again, bowing her head.

"I am Xazor Q'Dunn --"

Again the Knight paused, noting in her mind how she used her new last name instead of her birth name. A sigh escaped her lips momentarily before she continued.

"I am a Warrior Jedi Knight of the Greater Jedi Order. I have served on the Council and I am active in the Recruitment Center greeting new students. I too am interested in meeting new people, like yourself especially who choose to be rogues -- I am partly rogue as well -- but my tale is quite long."

Shrin Safserim
Jan 24th, 2003, 06:15:54 PM
"I see..." Shrin says, eyes narrowing as he considers. "Well, Miss Q'Dunn, if you wouldn't mind, could you teach me?"

He bows humbly, awaiting an answer.

Xazor Elessar
Jan 24th, 2003, 06:59:52 PM
Xazor looked at him curiously and smiled at his polite manners. With a slight nod, she bowed once again and smiled.

"If you're willing to put up with my busy schedule, I will do all I can to help you."

She said softly, hoping that he understood just how busy one could be.

Shrin Safserim
Jan 24th, 2003, 07:04:48 PM
Shrin straightens and nods.

"You would not have to teach me everything...really, if you could simply teach me something now, even if it is only one skill, or one aspect of a skill, I would be most appreciative. I have heard that 'Force Sense' is a useful skill to have..."

Xazor Elessar
Jan 24th, 2003, 07:12:55 PM
Xazor nods gently and thinks about what he says for a moment. 'Force sense', she thinks to herself before recalling exactly what he was speaking of. 'Ah yes! I am quite skilled in this area', she thought and a smile crossed her lips once again.

"To sense others in the Force, you must first be able to feel the Force. Have you done this before? Do you even know what the Force is?"

She questioned, going through the usual things she asked her Padawans at the Jedi Order.

Shrin Safserim
Jan 24th, 2003, 07:17:22 PM
Does he know what the Force is? Possibly. How does he want to say it? He can't be sure, but tries anyway, placing a hand to his chin as he considers.

"The Force...is not a tangible thing. I can feel it like a breeze when I am calm...like a laughing stream when I am happy...and, though it bothers me, I feel it like a smoldering fire when I become angry."

He sighs and folds his arms within his sleeves.

"I cannot conciously call the Force. It comes as it will."

Xazor Elessar
Jan 24th, 2003, 08:21:55 PM
Xazor nodded slowly at his description and smiles to herself.

"Indeed, the Force is just that. It is a river that flows through all things -- you, me, the rocks and the trees. It is something that can be tapped into through emotions such as love, joy, peace, and patience. Even when one is angered it can be tapped into, but that is the way of a Darksider."

She paused a moment and smiled once again, watching for a questioning glance or wondering gaze.

"Do you understand? Do you have any questions?"

Shrin Safserim
Jan 24th, 2003, 08:28:51 PM
"Only one...how do I conciously call the Force?"