PDA

View Full Version : Kindo?

Ki-Adi Kindo
Jan 23rd, 2003, 04:04:56 PM
Hola, Kindo here. I wanted to ask all of you something concerning me as of lately.

In all honesty, what all do you know and think about Kindo?

I know it may seem as though I’m trying to get attention or admiration, but I take complete sincerity to this question. I’ve been confused about a lot of things lately and this would really help me out. Thanks!:D

Loki Ahmrah
Jan 23rd, 2003, 05:31:13 PM
The only thing I know about Kindo is that I don't know enough. This is a fault of my own and I will try to rectify that to give you an answer.

Ki-Adi Kindo
Jan 23rd, 2003, 06:51:03 PM

Sanis Prent
Jan 23rd, 2003, 06:53:25 PM
Other than being too ambitious for his own good, not much at all.

Ki-Adi Kindo
Jan 23rd, 2003, 06:57:45 PM
There's nothing wrong with being over-ambitious.:)

Well, I'm just puzzled.:\

Kyle Krogen
Jan 23rd, 2003, 07:03:47 PM
:lol :) :lol :)

Nathanial K'cansce
Jan 23rd, 2003, 07:26:29 PM
Well, in the one RP I'm in with him, he seems alright. Though I think when the RP is done, I'll probably have a better thought of the Kindo character. Though already, Snack dislikes him... tinny jedi :)

Zeke
Jan 23rd, 2003, 08:01:21 PM
Kindo IC has a good heart, and his intentions (usually) are noble. He can be a bit overbearing and self-righteous at times.

Alita
Jan 23rd, 2003, 08:04:04 PM
I think he is good. He does nice things for everybody. He tries to save people as much as possible. But I have to agree with Zeke. It's okay though.

Dae Jinn
Jan 23rd, 2003, 08:11:58 PM
Self-righteous over-bearing stinky Jedi. But I told you this the other day :lol!

Sejah Haversh
Jan 24th, 2003, 01:08:41 AM
Far too ambitious, and a bit conceited, too. Honestly, that's how Sejah views him. He's a stuck-up rich kid who's used to having some form of power and wants his way, no matter what.

Azhure Darkstone
Jan 24th, 2003, 04:01:07 AM
Kindo certainly has a very big heart and wants to help, but he cares too much. This is also a good thing but something to be careful about. Other than that I'm onyl starting to get to know him. Oh by the way kindo the post :-P

Zachariah Darmok
Jan 24th, 2003, 04:18:34 AM
Kelt agrees allheartedly with Sejah

Hoshi No Shikyo
Jan 24th, 2003, 10:13:39 AM
Ange sees you as a noble who cares, but seems stuck on himself, as seen in your post to Dios' bye thread in the B&G, and just wants to slap you sometimes. Other than that, Kindo's normal.

Ki-Adi Kindo
Jan 24th, 2003, 01:04:33 PM
I'm just blown away by all the compliments. Is Kindo really that bad?

Xazor Elessar
Jan 24th, 2003, 01:23:24 PM
Kindo is good hearted but Xazor thinks he is a bit conceited as well. He has a big heart but it seems as though he stretches that at times to make himself look better, even if it is unintentional. He is a newer Knight and she thinks sometimes maybe he could use a lesson in humility but other than that, she appreciates his helpfulness. :) I wouldn't do to much to fix him if that's what you're looking to do. It's a good way for character developing and stuff. :)

Ki-Adi Kindo
Jan 24th, 2003, 01:30:42 PM
I see.

Can someone show me an example of this? That'd help.

Fiend
Jan 24th, 2003, 01:36:32 PM
A lot of us could use lessons in humility... I agree, Kindo is overconfident, we all seem to pull that everyonce in a while, but Kindo seems to have it a lot. But I don't know about him being a rich boy who just dropped a political power, if anything he can just be naive sometimes but not spoiled. Kindo, like most of us, will just go through character development and change like we all do, hes an ideal jedi and a good guy all around from most story books, a knight in shining armor kinda thing ya know? :D

Nathanial K'cansce
Jan 24th, 2003, 01:41:46 PM
He is a newer Knight and she thinks sometimes maybe he could use a lesson in humility but other than that

Don't worry, that will be soon in coming for Kindo. ^_^

Alana Stormcloud
Jan 24th, 2003, 01:45:07 PM
"In A Maia tone lol to lazy to switch"

The way I see it Kindo has a wonderful heart and he uses it fully with everyone he knows. I have never seen him back off from helping anyone, and I have never seen him shirk a Jedi duty. It is true he comes from royal family, so yes he will be very sure of himself in a lot of ways. It is ingrained at birth that they are better but if you look at Kindo though he has a sure attitude he has also stepped away from that side of himself and became a Jedi to help others. I see wonderful possibilities as to how he can teach his char humility. The one thing that will always stand out about Kindo is his loving heart and his need to help.

He posts with a lot of emotion and that is what makes for better rp's IMHO. Keep up the good work hun. Keep Kindo the way he is, it makes for very interesting and wonderful rp's...:) huggs

Zasz Grimm
Jan 24th, 2003, 01:54:05 PM
Die.

:)

Ki-Adi Kindo
Jan 24th, 2003, 02:05:29 PM
Die?... yikes!!!

Zasz Grimm
Jan 24th, 2003, 02:21:21 PM
:evil

Sanis Prent
Jan 24th, 2003, 02:33:42 PM
He reminds me of Scott Summers. I hate Scott Summers.

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 24th, 2003, 02:39:28 PM
IC, Dasquian doesn't know Kindo.

OOC, I have to agree with him being like Scott Summers :lol

Dae Jinn
Jan 24th, 2003, 02:41:54 PM
Omg! That is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo true!!! :lol

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Jan 24th, 2003, 03:08:48 PM
mew? :huh

Sanis Prent
Jan 24th, 2003, 03:18:31 PM
Scott Summers = Cyclops

imported_Morpheus
Jan 24th, 2003, 03:20:06 PM
He is an accomplished warrior and a true one at that. He as been through a lot. He stands up for the weak and what he knows is right. A heart of gold this man has so honor him and respect him for he deserves it. He has accomplished what others have strived for and no one will take that away from him. I have seen most of his threads and I have yet to see him act cocky or arrogant maybe a few of you should perhaps revaluate your judgment.
(this is not Kindo he gave this account to me)

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Jan 24th, 2003, 03:24:37 PM
yeah, I figured that out but doesn't seem like him.....

imported_Grev Drasen
Jan 24th, 2003, 03:27:56 PM
He just doesn't seem like a real person to me.

Sanis Prent
Jan 24th, 2003, 03:29:08 PM
When he starts losing, he bolts. There's just as much chance for a good story in taking a loss.

Dae Jinn
Jan 24th, 2003, 03:40:35 PM
Yeah, he never can lose, and that's not fun (notice that with a few jedi, not jsut Kindo BTW)

Ki-Adi Kindo
Jan 24th, 2003, 03:41:04 PM
I know that Sanis, and I'm in the process of changing that. Trust me on that one.

Who isn't sure of themselves!?
I had to say it. This is beginning to become nothing but hypocritical crap. What are you if you aren't sure of yourself!? That would make you insecure, would it not? Ever character must maintain a sense of confidence, shouldn't they? Every person on these boards does, and yet somehow they seem to pin that label on Kindo's shirt and make it seem as though he is King Cocky. I'm trying not to get mad about this, and I know I asked for your opinion, but try and be practical about it.

And Grev, if Kindo doesn't seem real than you obviously haven't read any of his threads.

imported_Grev Drasen
Jan 24th, 2003, 03:43:02 PM
Heh.

Actually I read some before replying to this thread.

Sanis Prent
Jan 24th, 2003, 03:44:37 PM
There's being cocky, and there's being cocky with a navy and cream cardigan sweater tied over your shoulders, a tennis racket in your hand, and a bottle of Evian in the other.

Only one gets under my skin.

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Jan 24th, 2003, 03:46:16 PM
hmm, starting to get bad here boys, I think he would rather nice comments and or suggestions for improvement than bashing.....

Sejah Haversh
Jan 24th, 2003, 03:48:41 PM
Sejah is not sure of hismel. And that is quite possibly one of the biggest driving factors in how Sejah is played.

And, Grev is a little right when he says Kindo doesn't seem real. Well, his confidence is unshaking, which makes him more of an unrealistic character. He's build seemingly soley on his good traits, as if he can have none bad, and he fears not being better than others so much that when the tables turn, he ducks and runs, as has been pointed out.

I'm writing this while Sanis is writing one, so, I might be repeating somethign he just said. Kindo is not fully real, and I know that Sejah isn't either, none of us are. It just seemed to me that Kindo had no troubles gainign his Knighhood, and has been Captain America ever since, which, quite frankly, isn't very fun.

Take some losses, and ask for help, too. So your confidence might be a little shaken, and you might lose a little face, but you might gain some friends and allies from it. Though you have been a noble, other titles don't matter within the Order, we're all equals within our ranks there. That would make him a bit more realistic.

imported_Grev Drasen
Jan 24th, 2003, 03:49:32 PM
Haha @ bashing.

I'm sorry if I can't be all up in Kindo's <smallfont color=#999900>-Censored-</smallfont> like he would intend for me to be, but I was speaking my honest opinion. His character just doesn't seem like a real person to me, and I'd suspect that is something he could take and improve. But of course, according to him I haven't read enough of his posts to form a credible opinion.

Sanis Prent
Jan 24th, 2003, 03:51:18 PM
I play my characters with plenty of insecurities. I thrive off them. It makes my characters three dimensions and allows them to reflect not only upon their windfalls, but shortfalls as well.

Whether they're shown openly is another thing entirely. Its like real people, who have different ways of blowing off this steam.

Anbira lives internally like a prisoner serving a life sentence. He's trying to find some vindication to erase the evil of his past. He will shy away from delving into understanding the Dark Side. Though unsure of the consequences, he is concerned that it could undo what good has been done in him, and quickly unravel him into the tyrant he once was.

Sanis is torn between living as an outlaw and having a legitimate lifestyle. He's a creature of habit and vice, but he is also dating a Jedi, so there is a lot of inner frustration...not only at her restrictive lifestyle, but his inability to truly "let it all go". He can and will turn to his vices to escape this problem...often to his peril.

etc...

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Jan 24th, 2003, 03:53:11 PM
just saying, tis turning into flaming and that's not the point...even if let's see, someone think I'm a b****, I still don't wanna hear it....so be nicer, k?

Xazor Elessar
Jan 24th, 2003, 03:55:18 PM
I agree with the duck and run theory as well, I've seen it more than once -- but other than that, Kindo is just -- I dunno, he doesn't have any problems and he has no bad traits save for a bit of cockiness. Everybody has something bad about them -- even more than one thing at times. I'm not bashing on you Kindo, I'm giving you my opinion while remaining friendly. I'm not meaning this in a bad way, because I know that even I have a lot of character development on Xazor that has not been done. She has many faults and I'm not afraid to admit that. I try to make my characters believable and as real as possible -- not sugarcoated to gain popularity, a promotion, and a seat on the council (or what have you, not saying you're doing these things). But basically that's the only reasons I can come up with for having a 'perfect' character.

Other than that you play him well so keep it up! ;)

imported_Grev Drasen
Jan 24th, 2003, 03:57:46 PM
Originally posted by Sorreessa Tarrineezi
just saying, tis turning into flaming and that's not the point...even if let's see, someone think I'm a b****, I still don't wanna hear it....so be nicer, k? If you were a b`tch and asked for an opinion of yourself/your character, I'd tell you were a b`tch.

Remember, he asked.

Sanis Prent
Jan 24th, 2003, 03:58:47 PM
On a side comment, Xaz...what are Xazor's fault's, exactly?

imported_Morpheus
Jan 24th, 2003, 04:02:55 PM
instead of telling him about his bad points maby some of you should tell him how to correct them

Xazor Elessar
Jan 24th, 2003, 04:04:11 PM
Gee Sanis, I dunno -- you seem to point them out every chance you get. Why don't you tell me? :rolleyes

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Jan 24th, 2003, 04:05:13 PM
woot! Mor understands......and neva tell me I'm a b****, you won't like the results..... >D

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 24th, 2003, 04:05:24 PM
instead of telling him about his bad points maby some of you should tell him how to correct them

Surely by telling his bad points, and bringing them to light for him, they're essentially helping him correct them. If Sanis, or something else, hadn't mentioned something he might not have known about it, and not had the chance to correct it.

Plus, I'm sure if he asked, people would be willing to give their thoughts on how to solve the problems they perceive Kindo to have.

Ki-Adi Kindo
Jan 24th, 2003, 04:05:54 PM
Well then... can the same people who just pointed out Kindo's flaws point out anything good about him?

Sanis Prent
Jan 24th, 2003, 04:06:04 PM
Aside from a severe anger management problem, I've not seen any character faults. Admittedly, it could be due to the fact that I currently read very little of your threads, except ones that I'm involved in. Is that the sole one, or are there others?

(This is to Xaz, sorry)

Xazor Elessar
Jan 24th, 2003, 04:08:41 PM
There are others -- many know this of me as well. I don't play my characters perfectly at all. I make them have real flaws and insecurities etc etc etc....

And Kindo, I began by boosting your views before I told you of the fault or two I've found. You wanted opinions and so I gave mine. Don't get mad at me for doing what you asked.

Sanis Prent
Jan 24th, 2003, 04:11:55 PM
I was just asking for examples...as I've given above. Could also help Kindo to have some personal issues to cite from and work with.

Ki-Adi Kindo
Jan 24th, 2003, 04:12:50 PM
Why are you saying that, Xazor? I didn't get mad.

Sejah Haversh
Jan 24th, 2003, 04:16:17 PM
Well, if we've mainly pointed out flaws, it probably means you've got the rest of him okay. Jsut, try not to drop out of threads, like *ahem* our spar. You're up, pal, and have been for a month or so....

Xazor Elessar
Jan 24th, 2003, 04:34:33 PM
Xazor is cocky, arrogant, has extreme anger issues, has a problem trusting others at times, is very defensive, she is aggressive, likes to attack not only with physical means but also verybally, she wants to be popular (IC remember), she fells the need to constantly prove her self worth and value, she has a quick tongue, she disrespects her elders on occasion, etc etc...those are a few main ones that I've slowly been working her through. If you want to know how to fix them, just ask people how they've done character development.

Something I've done is I've asked someone else to basically kick her <smallfont color=#000000>-Censored-</smallfont>. Her Master gave her a pretty harsh talking to a while back. She has gone to counseling with Nav and you (and a few other people). She's gone somewhere and basically tried to remain calm (and all that). I've put her into situations that will push her limits and press her buttons and I've done it on several occasions so that I could slowly build her up to controlling her problems and things. Some are just permanent character flaws that are difficult to fix, such as her quick tongue -- she'll always be that way to some degree, though it may improve.

Hope this helps... :)

For for jumping on you Sanis, sorry -- just, we haven't had good experiences in the past in this sort of thread. :\ Sorry....

Captain Tyle
Jan 24th, 2003, 04:36:19 PM
No problem. Had to hazard the question anyway.

Hadrian Invicta
Feb 3rd, 2003, 07:51:45 PM
Kindo is cocky and arrogant, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Everyonce in a while you are going to come across someone who thinks they are hot <smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont>. And sometimes it is interesting. I personally enjoy seeing him post, maybe if he'd take the fall a bit more often when he starts to get beat, it would be better.

He reminds me of that guy/girl that everyone had in their high school class that was perfect at everything and knew it. They did what was right all the time and sometimes they did it for show. It makes for an interesting character in our universe though because we have so many people rping the torn characters, who are in love with a light sider or in love with a dark sider or have switched sides 5 times. Sometimes the characters that seem 1 dimensional are necessary to bring us back to reality.

So my response to you Kindo. Keep him arrogant and cocky IC and OOC let him get his <smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont> handed to him. A character with hsi attitude would stay in a fight even as he got his butt kicked just cause he thought eventually he'd pull out the save. :)

Wei Wu Wei
Feb 3rd, 2003, 09:29:18 PM
Hadrian makes a point, Kindo. Kindo's main flaw is that over-confident attitude.

Wei's main flaw is that he is incredibly simple-minded. Bear in mind simple minded doesn't necessarily mean stupid.

Simple-mindedness and over confidence can both be solved in the same way. By stopping, taking your time, and assessing the situation before jumping into a confrontation.

Wei's simple-mindedness, and Kindo's overconfidence causes them to jump to conclusions, and therefore they both act too quickly. but Wei's conclusions are going to be much different from Kindo's. If you have anything else you want to ask, send me a PM.