PDA

View Full Version : &#@!... I hate cooking!

Jason Utylln
Jan 21st, 2003, 02:44:50 PM
...ARGH! Last night, I got this hot sauce, 'da bomb', and I had to get ID'd to buy it right? So I'm cooking chicken on my nifty-do grill and a pour it on the meat and everything is great.

Fast forward two hours...

I finally get around to cleaning up and I put the hot sauce away in the fridge and then I wipe my eye.

Total chaos ensued.

I had one of those, Tom Cruise- Jerry Maguire spaz attacks and nearly knocked myself out hitting the counter as I fell onto the linoleum. I'm yelling and swearing and my dad is laughing so hard he can't move. Well I finally get situated underneath the water faucet and I'm flushin the eye out over and over and over... and it's not heping. I had to stand there for almost a half hour, just flushing it out (swearing the whole time). I put visine in it too but it's al red and puffy still.

On the upside, the chicken was great :)

Ro McCloud
Jan 21st, 2003, 02:52:07 PM
:lol

Poor dude, at least the food was good.

Sanis Prent
Jan 21st, 2003, 03:44:42 PM
Try milk next time...or lettuce juice. Both counteract the capsaicin chemical that is found in spicy things such as hot sauce, peppers, etc. Once the burn subsides, flush with water.

Jason Utylln
Jan 21st, 2003, 03:50:00 PM
Lettuce juice? Is this something I can buy or do I actually have to go back into the kitchen again and do it myself?

Zasz Grimm
Jan 21st, 2003, 03:55:21 PM
Charley's right. I've used milk before cause I was cutting some jalapeno peppers and was moving seeds to side...and wiped my eye....

Yar, it hurt much. I was freaking out and mom said get milk and put on it. Did and was all better. Washed it out and was like...

phew.

Dark Lord Dyzm
Jan 21st, 2003, 04:47:16 PM
Allow me to mimic your father and laugh like Crazy.

BLAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAAHAHHA!!!!!!!

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Jan 21st, 2003, 04:52:25 PM
:lol *bops Dyzm* shush! hehe, haven't done that myself but milk is always the best for things like that.......

Live Wire
Jan 21st, 2003, 05:30:40 PM
okay Im sorry I have to do this!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now thats out of my system. Sorry dude I think a lot of us have done that. But on the up side you only do it once before you learn never to do it again!

And yeah milk works a lot better then water.

Miryan no Trunks
Jan 22nd, 2003, 11:51:14 AM
Indeed, all Water does is move the stuff around. Which is why it's hardly suggested to drink water when eating spicy food.

But then, why burn a small part of the tongue, when you can get the whole thing? ^_^