PDA

View Full Version : Shadows (Council)

AmazonBabe
Jan 20th, 2003, 06:15:55 PM
:: AB busied herself in the one place she always found refuge and tranquility: the Temple gardens. But today would be the first time she would find neither refuge nor tranquilty there, as her mind was preoccupied with other thoughts... troubling thoughts. ::

:: She had not heard from Morgan in the last month, and it wasn't like him to go for such a long period of time without at least sending her a message. She had known he had been in delicate negotiations between two nations from a planet in the outter rim, practically living in the negotiation halls in the Senate. But even so, he had always made time to at least contact her once a day, or every two or three days if he was really busy, if only for a few minutes. But those contacts had stopped a month ago, and while the first few days went by without any message, she had thought nothing of it. After all, he could have been elbow-deep in talks. But after a month, her instincts began to tell her something was amiss, and she rarely, if ever, pushed her instincts aside. ::

:: She had inquired earlier that day of those Jedi who knew him and if any had heard from him in the last month. She'd even spoken to the barkeep at Yog's, as Morg liked to frequent there for his meals. But no one had heard from him. And it wasn't like him to just disappear without saying something. ::

:: Standing from her kneeling position, she brushed off what little particles of dirt had remained on her knees, and made the short treck back to the temple, taking the lift to the Council Chamber, and there summoning those of the Council. It was time to address her concerns. ::

:: When those of the Council had arrived, she addressed them. ::

My fellow Council members. Though I do not like to delve into negative thoughts, it appears that one of our own has gone missing. I have not heard from Morgan Evanar in a month. It's not like him to go without more than a week without some sort of contact, and my instincts tell me that something is amiss.

I have meditated on where his whereabouts could be, but all I get are shadows. And it is those shadows that have begun to instill worry within me.

:: She took a breath and continued. ::

As some of you know from our reports, those from Morgan's past have once again found him, as we so discovered in a picnic we took a few weeks ago.

It is quite probable that in his recent work at the Senate, perhaps in traveling from here to there, he was abducted.

I have no proof of this, but I feel we must investigate in the likely possibility that something has gone wrong and one of our own has truely been taken from us.

Ryla Relvinian
Jan 20th, 2003, 09:28:19 PM
"This is most unnerving, truly." I replied to Rie. Unlike some of the other, more rash Jedi, I trusted her to have a sensible picture of the situation at hand.

"Have you been in contact with the Senate in regards to his last wherabouts?

AmazonBabe
Jan 21st, 2003, 05:29:49 PM
:: AB nodded her head in a physical response to Ryla's question. ::

I contacted them earlier this morning. None seem to have heard from him, though it's not unheard of for Master Evanar to not report to them if there isn't anything to report.

But the fact they haven't heard from him in the last month is rather distressing, especially when he's been working so hard on the case the Senate gave him.

Navaria Tarkin
Jan 21st, 2003, 05:37:55 PM
That caused a brow to be raised by the Jedi Knight.

"What was the assignment? That could provide a concrete place to start with where he may be."

AmazonBabe
Jan 21st, 2003, 05:59:30 PM
:: AB shrugged minutely. ::

As far as I know the assignment was to mediate between two factions from an outter rim world. Basically to come to help them come to some agreement to keep them from tearing each other's throats out.

:: She shook her head. ::

It would be a place to start as we have no other place to start, but my instincts tell me that his assignment and his disapearance do not go hand in hand.

Ryla Relvinian
Jan 21st, 2003, 09:01:34 PM
Goody, an outer rim dispute. That was the last place I wanted to be, but hey, there was something for everyone. "I would check there as well, but I also trust your senses, for mine are not as highly attuned to that aspect of the Force. Why do you think they are not related? Could it be possible that someone from a previous assignment is looking for revenge?"

AmazonBabe
Jan 21st, 2003, 10:12:11 PM
The reason I don't think they are related is because of the attack we both encountered about a month ago on a picnic (http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22031) we took together.

We made a report to the Council, but it is possible some did not see the report.

:: It was true some reports sometimes went without being seen by some of the Council, only because of the amount of reports they got each day from various other Jedi. ::

Master Evanar, in his report, mentioned something about some unsavory characters from his past having caught up with his weherabouts.

A bit of a coinsidence if you ask me that he was found out by these characters a month ago, and then off and disapeared.

:: Her mind clicked at that moment as she remembered the incident where they had been ambushed during their picnic. ::

As a matter of fact, I recognized one of our assailents as being Sith. Now, whether they are behind his disapearance or not, I can't say. But it's a sure bet we can definitely start there as a solid lead to wherever Morgan is.

Ryla Relvinian
Jan 22nd, 2003, 12:59:28 AM
"I am sure you will want to investigate this immediately. Will you be taking a Padawan with you as a training excercise?"

I silently hoped that she wasn't, although it was within her discression to do so. Other missions, in a more controlled setting, would be reasonable, but this seemed much more perilous.

AmazonBabe
Jan 22nd, 2003, 06:17:26 PM
:: While she would have liked to take her Padawan with her, she felt this could be better handled by experienced Masters or Knights. ::

I do not know what this investigation might hold, and I do not want to put my Padawan in harms way.

No, I would like the accompaniment of one or two Masters or Knights. I feel experience and disgression will be needed in this.

Navaria Tarkin
Jan 22nd, 2003, 11:06:33 PM
"Yes. That is most wise. Do have anyone in particular in mind for this? Or will you be taking along any Knights or Masters that are available to volunteer?"

Anbira Hicchoru
Jan 23rd, 2003, 01:18:28 PM
Do we know where such an investigation is leading? It would be wise to secure as much knowledge as possible before setting out.

Ryla Relvinian
Jan 23rd, 2003, 07:16:51 PM
I nodded towards Anbira. "Agreed. I will come with you if you require more assistance... I know full well that accurate information and a swift, sure action can mean much to one who is captured... If, indeed, he has been."

AmazonBabe
Jan 23rd, 2003, 09:40:27 PM
:: AB looked at Nav, answering her question. ::

I do not wish to force anyone into this, so i will only be asking for volunteers.

:: She then looked at Anbira. ::

As I stated, the beginnings of the investigation are sketchy at best. Sending a team out to the planet that Master Evanar was negotiating with I feel would be a waste of time. The only thing I can think of is tracing down the Sith that ambushed us a month ago and questioning her.

:: And finally she nodded her thanks towards Ryla. ::

Your company and expertise would be greatly appreciated, Master Relvinian.

Figrin D'an
Feb 2nd, 2003, 01:39:58 AM
Figrin had been silent to this point, absorbing the information being discussed. The disapperance of a Jedi of Morgan Evanar's status was a serious matter indeed. Clues to his whereabouts, much less motive behind the situation, seemed all but non-existent. No one Jedi was going to find the answers... a thought that prompted him to speak.

"There may be some shred of useful information amongst Master Evanar's Senate contacts that has yet to be revealed. I believe I may have some success pursuing this," Figrin stated with a calm resolve. "I still hold sway with a number of people in the Galactic President's close circles... and there are some powerful Senators that have always been helpful to me when... mildly persuaded."

His statement finished in a bit of coy smile.

"I would be more than happy to search this out and keep you informed on what I find."

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 3rd, 2003, 01:39:20 PM
Like Figrin, Dasquian had been listening with concern at what was being said. The disappearance of a Jedi was, more often than not, influenced by dangerous factors, and with AB and Morgan’s prior ambush in mind it would have been easy to get caught up in the idea of some elaborate kidnapping of the Jed Master. Dasquian was, however, determined not to become so quickly accepting of such a sinister idea. There was not much he could contribute that had not already been said, and thus simply stated:

“I would like to accompany the party on their questioning of the aforementioned Sith, and subsequent investigation, if my assistance is needed.”

AmazonBabe
Feb 3rd, 2003, 07:04:33 PM
:: AB nodded her head in thanks towards Figrin. ::

Anything you can find that can lead us in a direction towards Master Evanar's disappearance would be most helpful, Master D'an.

Perhaps those you know in the Senate would know of something regarding those he was working with in those negotiations of his.

:: She then turned towards Dasquian. ::

And your company would be very much appreciated as well, Dasquian.

:: She took a breath. ::

As for myself, I will be attempting to track down this Sith. And having the company of Master Relvinian and Dasquian should be sufficiant.

While I don't want a large group in tracking down this Sith, I don't feel it would be prudent to go at it alone.

:: She looked at the three that had volunteered to help her in searching for answers to Morgan's disappearance. ::

We should set out as soon as is possible, keeping in contact with the temple's searching resources as well as each other. Any shred of information any of us might have would be useful in figuring out this puzzle.

Navaria Tarkin
Feb 7th, 2003, 12:02:12 AM
"Agreed. The smaller the better. But take care to return when you can. Master D'an may perhaps have more information to be of use in the search for Master Evanar."

AmazonBabe
Feb 11th, 2003, 09:53:04 PM
:: AB nodded her head, indicating she was ready to move out. ::

If everyone has their assignments that will be aiding in seraching for Master Evanar, then I say we set out immediately. The sooner we can ascertain what has become of him, the better we will know what actions need to be taken in order to bring him back home.

:: She looked at the three who had volunteered to aid her, first addressing Figrin. ::

Good luck in your findings, Master D'an. May the Force be with you.

:: Then she addressed Ryla and Dasquian. ::

I will be in my quarters putting together what gear I will need. I suggest you do the same so we can be ready to leave in an hour.

:: She then turned back to the Council. ::

I will be in contact with any news. Thank you for your time.

:: And with that, she left to pack what items she would need, determined to find Morgan. ::

OOC: LINKY TO THREAD! (http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26547)

Fig: You can go ahead with your storyline with the senate in the thread posted above.

Ryla & Dasquian: Our storyline can also go into the thread posted above.

Basically, that thread will have about 2 or 3 different storylines going at once.

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 14th, 2003, 12:55:28 PM
Dasquian gave a nod to both Rie and Ryla before departing as the Jedi Mistress had done to gather up what inventory he would require.