PDA

View Full Version : No Action Without Reaction (Open, character building)

imported_Terran Starek
Jan 20th, 2003, 03:20:13 AM
OOC: This thread is open to any and all. It is meant as an oppurtunity to build character--it is not a challenge. HOWEVER, if it is a challenge you want, join and we shall see how it goes. :D

"There is no course without recourse," the man recited, a blue blur wiping across the air as it was painted out of light emitted from the crafted, silver hilt. It slashed through the molecules in the air sharply, idly humming the familiar rythmic tone Terran had come to know. He held it strongly above his head, legs parted slightly as he stood, the blade pointed down and to his left.

"There is no cause without effect," the saber wipped to the oposite side of his body in a downward sloping motion as he took a strong step forward. Beads of sweat had formed on his forehead like drops of dew on morning grass. With his movement, several were dropped to splash across his face, trickling down the contours of his features. He wore his typical Jedi robes, the cloth hanging loosely off of his body as he trained. He held the saber still again, this time across his body and pointing out away from his left side.

"There is no action without reaction," he turned fiercely, pulling the saber around his body and thrusting it forward, delivering a poweful stab to the air. His body stayed still and flexed as he kept the saber--perfectly still--outstretched. His eyes intense, he drew no breath. Then, after several seconds, he breathed and relaxed. Letting the blade of his weapon down, he dropped to the ground. In a crosslegged postion, he meditated, allowing himself to feel the life around him.

It was a beautiful day on Drall, a planet known for it's vast, stunning meadows and peaceful forests. The Drall themselves were peace-loving, quite beings, and Terran greatly enjoyed visiting his favorite libraries and spots of nature and meditation. Wrapped in a blanket of warmth from the soft sun and allowing his mind to relax, he took in all the Force had to offer. The air was thick with life, and here he could relax himself. Though, he still had much training to do.

What will you show me today, friend? He spoke to the wind, to the Force, wondering where his travels would lead him, or who he might meet.

Iago Kent
Jan 20th, 2003, 07:51:31 AM
"Bit of a bright day, wouldn't you say?" the accented voice came from behind Terran.

Iago had been forced to pull his hair back in a tie and he hated it. His light summer armor felt awkward, as it was the first time he'd worn it since leaving Almania.

His sword remained at his side as he walked into the waving field.

"I still need t'get some of the Jedi robes. Master Xazor has yet to give them to me."

imported_Terran Starek
Jan 20th, 2003, 11:57:42 AM
Terran's eyes popped open as he heard a voice speak. He began to sense the other's presence. It was calm, and the aura bright. He could tell that this person, in the very least, could somehow sense the Force. Terran hadn't honed his Force sense ability well enough to decipher exact details, but he could feel the difference between light and dark. This one was not a dark spirit.

"Aye, it is indeed a bright day." Then he chuckled. "Ironically enough, I recieved the robes I wear from Master Xazor as well!" He turned to face his visitor, reaining seated, but now meeting eyes with the man. He looked familiar--perhaps Terran had seen him around the Greater Jedi Order or in Master Yoghurt's Bar and Grill. He outstretched a hand, motioning to the soft ground in front of him.

"Please, have a seat," he said with a pleasant smile. "I do not believe we have met, and if we have, please forgive me for my forgetfullness. My name is Terran Starek."

Iago Kent
Jan 20th, 2003, 05:21:28 PM
Iago smiled, the left side of his face rising a bit farther than the right one.

"Iago Kent," he took a seat on the cooler grass of the field, his armor lightly creaking as he did. Iago removed two apples from a small, drawstring bag on his belt, offering one to Terran.

"And we haven't, although I have seen you and Master Xazor spending time together. Are you another one of her students?"

imported_Terran Starek
Jan 20th, 2003, 06:45:06 PM
"It is a pleasure to meet you, Iago."

Terran smiled sheepishly.

"Yes and no. Xazor is a Jedi Knight, and I am a padawan still in training. In that respect, I am one of her students, though she is not my master." He thought of proper wording for his next statement. "Master Xazor and I are...together. We love each other respectively. In time, when schedules allow, we will be wed." He smiled again--the thought of her brough great happiness to his mind.

"You are very lucky to be padawan to such a master, my friend. You will learn much from her. And--" he mocked looking over Iago "--you look as though you can be trusted." He smiled, chuckling. "Xazor only chooses the best and most deserving to train." The compliment was given, and Terran meant it.

"You must enlighten me--what brings a new padawan out to Drall? It's not exactly the hub of the Galaxy." He thought about why he was here--the peace and quiet--and thought that if that was the case for Iago, the two could definitely see eye-to-eye on something.

Iago Kent
Jan 21st, 2003, 07:45:20 PM
Iago chuckled. He knew what 'together' meant.

"Drall reminds me a bit of Almania, when it is not under attack," he lay back on the grass, feeling the warm sun on his bearded face.

"I suppose I came here to get some rememberances of home. My father said I wasn't to return until I was able to fight and defend my home better than I had. A part of me needed to remember why I am with the Jedi."

imported_Terran Starek
Jan 21st, 2003, 09:53:55 PM
"A Jedi is always wise to remember his passions," Terran said, relaxing his body. "You understand my own reasons for visiting Drall, then. I come here because it resembles my home as well. I hail from Gais...well, I lived there a long time ago." He leaned back a bit, allowing his body to cool off. "I have never visited Almania. I should like to. I should like to when you finaly return there." He smiled, offering a positive bit of encouragement to Iago. He liked the man already. He was honest, personable, and he had a strong will about him.

"I do not wish to pry into your life at this infant stage of our friendship, but I would be remiss not to ask about you and your life." He wondered if Iago would be so willing to open up to him. If he wasn't, Terran would surely understand. "What society is on Almania that you should learn to use the Force, to become a Jedi, simply to defend your home?"

Iago Kent
Jan 21st, 2003, 10:19:44 PM
"My home is under attack," Iago had a far off look on his face, "By the Je'Har...my father has done his best to defend our home and our people. But he needed extra help."

Iago brushed his hand against the hilt of his sword, "I didn't even know I had the Force until I arrived at Coruscant.

"Where do you come from Terran?"

imported_Terran Starek
Jan 22nd, 2003, 12:44:39 AM
"I come from the planet Gias, one of the Fringe Worlds. Drall resembles the terrain very closely." He took a look around as he spoke, wondering about Iago's home. He seemed like he was well mannered, but on the other hand he had a very destinct adventurer's side to him. With that sword by his side, he had seen combat.

"You carry a blade--a forged one. I rarely see that. Most blades are vibro at least--" he caught a glimpse of the hilt "--but yours looks very authentic. Like the way blades used to be made." He reached over to his pack, a small equipment store he carried on these types of trips. It held all of his training gear, including the old sword he had once made when he was with the Sith. He pulled it from the sack, laying it out on the ground before Iago.

"I made this weapon, some time ago. I used to be very practiced and smithing old weaponry--it was a hobby. A dirty one," he laughed. The weapon was finely crafted--carved by an artist he knew. It held the name "Chase" engraved upon the silver and ivory hilt. He stood, unsheathing his weapon and letting the sun shatter into a million sparks, reflection off of it's weathered blade. He swung it once--still a great weight. A bit heavier than his saber, but it felt good.

"I can hold my own with these old pieces of art." He smiled, swinging it again.

Iago Kent
Jan 22nd, 2003, 06:00:47 PM
"The smiths at my home made my weapon," Iago rolled on his stomach and pushed himself up onto his feet.

His sword, one he hadn't named mainly because he didn't have one for it yet, was removed from its hilt- blade sparkling.

Iago took a swing, hearing the blade sing as it pierced the air.

"How long have you been a swordsman, Terran?" he asked taking another swing.

Vampyre Dalamar
Jan 22nd, 2003, 09:23:07 PM
Dalamar watched with Interest as the two men chatted idly away. Hearing them talk of swords made him think of his own twin blade's. The Katana that where alway's strapped to his back. They where like his children they went everywhere with him. Nestled high in a nearby forest tree he was hidden from there prying eye's. He had been there all night as a matter of fact. Doing something all his other brethen would give there soul for. Dalamar was watching the sunrise. Only recently did he find out about his mysterious origin's and how he could face the light.

So here he was on a planet famous for its beauty and light. Here he came to see the Dawn. He let out a small disgusted sound he had hoped to avoid any Jedi entanglements. Yet here they where training in the neck of woods he had chosen for his sojourn. He blocked them out of his mind and basked in the sun something he had not done in 4000 yrs.

imported_Terran Starek
Jan 23rd, 2003, 09:34:11 PM
Terran hadn't noticed the Vampire standing in the short distance from the two men. Perhaps he was too wrapped up in meditation or conversation, but he did not detect Dalamar's presence.

"Ever since I--" he wanted to say taken. Ever since he had been stolen from home and slapped into the Sith Order against his will. "--was about 6 or so. It seems that I was breed as a warrior." He swung the sword again, this time holding it before him, as still as the unmoving grass in that exact moment. Which was, to say the least, odd. The wind had seemed to stop. It had seemed to flee.

Strange.

"However, in the Order, I have learned so much more. I have learned of peace, of honor, and justice. And especially of holding one's sword at bay, for words alone can sometimes dull the sharpest steal." He smiled. He whipped the sword back around, coming towards Iago a step.

"I can still use this blade, you know." His eyes cocked, giving Iago a playfull look that many of those close to him knew to be the begining of a sparring session. He held the blade at his side. "How about you, Iago?" He brought the sword up to a defensive position. "How long have you used a sword?"

Iago Kent
Jan 25th, 2003, 07:13:17 PM
Iago smiled his half-smile.

"Since I was about four or so. My grandfather gave me a 'sword'," he flipped his blade a bit, his mind barely registering the fact Terran's face had an odd expression on it.

"It was really a long knife but to a four-year-old it was a sword," his feet shuffled a bit on the grass, and he brought his sword up (seeing the reflection in the background). It almost looked like a shadow moved.

Vampyre Dalamar
Jan 26th, 2003, 12:49:14 AM
Dalamar leapt down from the heights. Landing hard but soundlessly in the soft dirt. Dalamar stepped back into the shadow of the woods his weapon's firmly attached to his back. The thirst was not upon him so these where under no threat. Moving with a quick and deadly grace Dalamar walked towards the Jedi. "Nice Day huh?"

imported_Terran Starek
Jan 26th, 2003, 01:05:48 AM
Terran immediately dropped the blade to point down at his side, in a very non-threatening manner. He had not noticed the presence before now, but he could plainly feel its aura before him now. The figure was pale--well built but slender. It's energy was seemingly dark...but different. This was no Sith. A Dark Jedi, he thought. But, his ability to single out drifts in the Force was not clear enough yet. He could only speculate.

It was no matter though. All beings--light or dark--deserved respect and the ability to give a first impression free of their spiritual likeness. Terran would always honor this fact.

"Indeed it is, stranger." He spoke with a smile. "My name is Terran Starek, Jedi Padawan of the Greater Jedi Order." He spoke, then turned to glance at Iago. Iago gave a greeting of his own to the new face.

Vampyre Dalamar
Jan 26th, 2003, 11:30:18 AM
The sun shown upon Dalamar's face a forgotten pleasure. The soft breeze caught the leave's and tossed them around. It was glorious! Seeing the sun after so long was almost enough to make the Dark Lord of the Sith weep. He controlled his emotions though in front of these Jedi. "Indeed it is, stranger." Dalamar had heard. His joy complete he decided to be cordial. Only a fool challenged everyone for the sake of 'Evil'. Many thought Dalamar was evil but to him it was only a matter of survival. In his eye's he was merely at the top of the food chain.

Slipping his two Katana's out slowly. They made a slight hiss as they left there sheath. He nodded to Terran and Iago he lifted his ornate silver worked swords eye level. The black hilts had dragons worked up the length of the handle. Spinning them he extended the handle's to each of them with a smile. "My swords made by the finest Craftsmen at the Eye of the Dragon are they not beautiful?"

Iago Kent
Jan 27th, 2003, 03:57:29 PM
"The Eye of the Dragon," Iago said, registering an ammount of curiousity. Something didn't seem right with this newcomer, something he couldn't figure out.

"Never heard of it," his eyes looked over the weapon as he visibly inspected them.

"A bit too light for my liking. Where is this 'Eye of the Dragon'?"

Vampyre Dalamar
Jan 27th, 2003, 11:32:57 PM
A disbanded group of venturer's who fought for the salvation of the Universe. Tiberious Kinslayer my old mentor was the master of the Eye of the Dragon.
In my time there we fought together to stop the dreaded Slithe race and there master's the Dragons. These aliens where vicious and powerful but there threat ended with the use of the Eye. So with there defeat went the reason for the Eye's continued existense.
Slipping his blade's back into there sheath's they made a soft hiss. As if dissapointed they would not draw blood. The ebony black armor of Dalamar glistened in the bright sun. There was a small amout of blood on his cloak from last night's kill but barely noticeable. "So tell me what are two men with sword's up to in the woods is this a duel? Hmnn I doubt it for I don't see your second's but maybe you do not need any hmnnn....?"

imported_Terran Starek
Jan 28th, 2003, 02:29:49 PM
"No, not a duel, just a meeting between friends. We were examining our weapons." Terran stood, his posture remained still as he had examined this new character's blades. Putting them away, Terran almost breathed a sigh of relief. He wished not for combat, and was happy that the blades were sheathed.

"Might I inquire your name? You have met us, but I still don't feel properly introduced." He smiled and chuckled.

Vampyre Dalamar
Jan 29th, 2003, 11:31:32 PM
"I am Warlord Dalamar of the Shrine." he said as he bowed. The Mother called and I answered. I am here purely on a pleasure trip. To 'taste' the local cuisine and see the sights. I usually reside on the remote planet Roon but have sought other venture's of late. I also act as an enforcer of the Mothers will from time to time, when she wishes it of me."

"Things have been slow lately I think the message is getting out there. Just last week I had to enforce law on a club owner who thought to cheat the Shrine. I think he learned his lesson quite well. A pity he's not alive to spread the message. But example's like him are message enough dont you agree?"

Iago Kent
Feb 2nd, 2003, 06:13:36 AM
Iago raised an eyebrow, "So you killed him for betraying you?

"Sir, I do not pretend to interperet your laws, or even follow them, but what did he do to betray you?"

Vampyre Dalamar
Feb 2nd, 2003, 11:13:21 PM
He tried to cheat the Mother out of an aggreement. When I went to confront him. His men opened fire on me. Assuming that I was there to kill him his men made a fatal error. I was there to make a lesson of him true, but how far I went, was left to my discretion.

Still I gave him the benefit of the doubt. He had hired a group of Mercs to protect him. I took out this crew, it wasn't easy they where profesionals. I guess that there was a limit to how much protection money could buy. By the fourth death the rest where ready to call it quits. Allowing the dregs to leave I confronted him directly, he also tried to end my life. Having lost all patience I hurt the man severly. Realizing finnaly who he was dealing with the gangster gave me the artifact. The relic was acquired as my Mistress commanded me. Unfortunately for Vinnie he had gone to far....

Dalamar thought for a while then a question of his own bubbled up in his mind. "How would you have dealt with it?"

imported_Terran Starek
Feb 3rd, 2003, 01:46:31 AM
"Forgiveness is a quality of patient men, Warlord Dalamar." He spoke, his eyes stern but still friendly. This man was of The Shrine--he had only heard of it. He knew nothing about the dealings there, only that it was a mysterious palace that was guarded and shadowed by the Cloak of the Sith, as it was sometimes called. An odd place.

A dangerous faction.

"Patience is a virtue of great leaders. I would tend to disagree with your means of enforcement." He looked down at his weapon, his eyes idly running up and down the shiny, silver blade. It had a few nicks and cuts, but the steel was in excellent shape. "However, I could not say exactly how I would have approached the situation myself. So in that respect, you have me." He smiled, making eye contact again with the man.

"Still, I would build my own leadership upon the foundations of peace and honor. Violence is a very rough and ustable material to build with. It harms foundations with its terrible ways. The first time it is used to strengthen a bond, it forms a crack in the delicate foundation. To use it again is like pouring water into those cracks--letting the liquid flow underneath the very foundation itself. It causes the base to loose unity--loose it's strength. Before long, the errosion takes its toll, crumbling the foundation once built."

Vampyre Dalamar
Feb 3rd, 2003, 09:25:28 PM
"And when honor is thrown in the dust and your hand spit upon will you still sit back and do nothing?" The Shrine made an aggreement with this gentleman and when it came time for him to honor his part he took our money and ran. Secondly when I went to confront him his men opened fire on me. So you will forgive me if we at the Shrine do not live up to your high idea's.

He made his choice's in death as well as life. Mercy is an admirable trait if one can afford it. But I find often that in these dark time's we cannot. Besides the Mother paid for this piece and it is important to her. The Warlord's armor creaked as he pulled out a falcon the lid was a head of gold with a body of smoky glass. Inside was a inky black substance the Vampyre lifted the lid and smelled deeply of the fragrance. She would not be happy to have lost this.....

imported_Terran Starek
Feb 8th, 2003, 12:22:52 PM
"I do not expect you nor your organization to live up to such ordeals. It is merely a choice on how we live our lives--how we conduct ourselves." Terran's eyes were more gentle than before. It would serve no purpose to argue with this man. He definitely did not want this meeting to end in violence. "Take no offense in what I have already spoken. It is the mark of true intelligence to hear new ideas or respect opinions without violence. I believe that you are an intelligent man." Perhaps misguided, he thought.

Vampyre Dalamar
Feb 11th, 2003, 04:19:23 PM
The Warlord nodded at the warriors words. "I thank you for your time but duty calls. There our others who need my undivided attention." Dalamar said that with a slight smile. He always found the Jedi an amusing group.

But this man seemed to actually possess the convictions of his religion. Those rare souls who where uncomprimising in there beliefs were always to be admired. Still the unyeilding domination of the Darkside would eventually end all hope of any victory. It would be long after this one passed to dust. So the Vampyre thought it rude to shatter his illusions of goodness. Let him rest in his sleep with an unruffled concious. Such was I at one time and the sleep of the righteous is sweet indeed. "Good Day, Sir." with that the Dark Lord of the Sith faded back into the woods from whence he came....