PDA

View Full Version : User Name Problem

Sage Hazzard
Jan 20th, 2003, 01:18:02 AM
For some reason sometimes I'll be logged into one account but then mysteriously get logged into another. Like I'll be Sage and be set to post, but the post comes up as Syrius. This happens all the times and the user names are different sometimes. I'm almost positive it has to do with Cookies. Though I don't know how to solve the cookie problem(no not eat them). HELP!

Morgan Evanar
Jan 20th, 2003, 09:08:07 AM
You need to delete your cookies. In IE, Tools, Internet Options: Delete cookies.

Close and restart IE.

Jamel Croko'yn
Feb 7th, 2003, 09:28:40 PM
What do you do if you come to a certian page and then your logged into another account?

Sage Hazzard
Feb 7th, 2003, 11:50:33 PM
I think you're having the same problem as I did Jamel. So I guess it's the same solution... though...

Morgan, I never tried your solution. I forgot to reply that I couldn't find where to delete the cookies. I see an option to delete temporary internet files and the history. Do one of these include cookies in the deletion? Which one?

Dae Jinn
Feb 7th, 2003, 11:52:11 PM
it should be right there o_O

Sage Hazzard
Feb 8th, 2003, 12:43:32 AM
What version of IE do you have Dae? I think maybe I'm do for an update... though that's a whole other problem, what with my modem being fritzy.

Dae Jinn
Feb 8th, 2003, 12:48:56 AM
An old old one :x

Sigil Roland
Feb 8th, 2003, 12:55:52 AM
IT has to do with cookies that are in your browsers history. You can just delete the cookies or remember what name is logged in where.