PDA

View Full Version : What is this exactly? (Kelt)

Wei Wu Wei
Jan 19th, 2003, 10:43:10 PM
Wei had found it on the ground outside the Living quarters. It was a long, slender piece of wood with asting attached between the two ends. There was a place to grip it in the middle and when Wei tugged at the string, it bent. It was very hard to pull, until the padawan Force boosted the strength in his pulling arm.

"What's it for?" He wondered. "But the thing is, how am I going to find that piece of information out?"

Wei sat down on the ground with the object in his hands and let out a breath. He'd just have to be patient and wait.

Kelt Simoson
Jan 19th, 2003, 11:15:20 PM
'That my friend Wei, is a Bow...' Kelt remarked as he walked into the traning halls. Kelt picked up the Long Bow and looked it over in detail, it took a few moments but after a while Kelt turned his attention back to Wei. 'A broken down,old,rotten and hard to handle bow....but a bow none-the-less...or whats left of it...' kelt smiled cheekily. The Padawan unclipped his bow from his back satchel which he came prepared with and handed the long bow to Wei.

' You may use mine..this one is about as useful as a choclate tea mug...' Kelt said throwing away the old bow.

Wei Wu Wei
Jan 19th, 2003, 11:22:51 PM
Wei held the new one in his hands. "Ok. Now I know what it is. Now what does it do?"

Wei was curious. He was confused also. Wei pulled the string again and let it go. it made a twanging sound. "It's not very musical, is it?" Wei mused.

Kelt Simoson
Jan 21st, 2003, 12:25:15 AM
'Wei this thing is about as musical as a glass shaped duck...trust me. This Wei is called a "bow" it is often used as a weapon by marksmen,skilled warriors and the like. You see the string? what we do is place an arrow, this thing here up against the string, draw back like so, and launch the arrow away from us like a projectile...' The arrow spead away from kelt and Wei and hit the target directly in the center.

' You see?...now you try...'

Wei Wu Wei
Jan 21st, 2003, 08:36:28 AM
Wei raised an eyebrow. How interesting. "OK, I'll give it a try."

Wei fit an arrow to the string and drew it back like he had seen Kelt do. Wei let the arrow go, but it flew too far upwards and sailed over the target.

"At least I made it fly," Wei said nervously. "How do you aim it?" Wei was curious.