PDA

View Full Version : Those looking into Gamecubes...

imported_Grev Drasen
Jan 19th, 2003, 10:25:36 PM
I thought you might find this towards your liking.

January 17, 2003 - Nintendo confirmed to IGNcube today that beginning February 9 and running through May of this year, consumers who buy a GameCube for $149.99 at participating retailers will get a free game with the system courtesy of the company.

Buyers will be able to choose from four games, including: Metroid Prime, Resident Evil 0, Star Fox Adventures or Mario Party 4.

"It's an exciting program," said Nintendo of America's vice president of marketing and corporate affairs Perrin Kaplan. "It's a great opportunity come February for consumers to get their hands on the games that keep the folks at IGN up at night: Metroid Prime, Mario Party, Star Fox Adventures and Resdident Evil 0."

The more aggressive move by Nintendo could provide an extended boost to holiday sales of GameCube, which were solid, but noticeably behind a larger spike in demand for Microsoft's Xbox console.

I already own one, but if you're looking into buying one there's reason enough. None of the those games are worthy of turning down.

JediBoricua
Jan 19th, 2003, 11:38:46 PM
WOW! That is a very good offer! I currently have two of those games, and I have play the others. They are all excellent.

It seems Nintendo is getting worried. At last. They are doing horrible marketing.

Zeke
Jan 19th, 2003, 11:45:36 PM
Put Super Smash Bros. Melee on the list of potential freebies and I might just deal with being broke for the rest of the quarter....

Keerrourri Feessaarro
Jan 20th, 2003, 12:21:01 AM
Divide the price by 4 and I'll think about it.

GraNi NaColu
Jan 20th, 2003, 11:44:01 PM
I think that Nintendo needs to try its hardest to get different companies to make their games. I got tired of playing Goldeneye on the N64, it being the best game that was made for it. I don't think that Nintendo will be around for much longer if they can't get it togther. The Resident Evil games are pretty much the only adult games for the GC. The others we pretty much don't hear about, because they don't market them. So that's why I'm guessing that most "Adult Teens" don't own one.

Dark Lord Dyzm
Jan 20th, 2003, 11:46:38 PM
Metroid Prime is in the same league as GTA:VC in terms of fun and enjoyment and percentage of buyers... It just less people own a Gamecube then a PS2.

JediBoricua
Jan 21st, 2003, 08:02:12 PM
Precisely. I bought a GC past summer, and I have been playing itmore than my PS2. Whenever a game comes out for both consoles I buy it for GC because the graphics are better. It is a better system IMO, it's just that they don't get third party support, and it's Nintendo's fault that they don't.

I own RE Zero and MP and both are excellent, fun games.

Dark Lord Dyzm
Jan 21st, 2003, 10:40:01 PM
Also, GC games can be 4 player (the new james bond games, buy them only for the GC)

GraNi NaColu
Jan 22nd, 2003, 06:37:10 PM
I played the GC today at Bestbuy. It was a Baseball game(can't remember the title) I have to say that it was quite good. Though the SPECS of an xbox blow its competition out of the water. They just need to get some better games.

JMK
Jan 22nd, 2003, 08:49:47 PM
I couldn't own an Xbox because of that controller. It's the size of a tonka truck!

Sejah Haversh
Jan 24th, 2003, 01:01:43 AM
Microsoft can have all the specs they want, but they still lack a SINGLE game that is truly a Killer App. I mean, yeah, Halo is fun, but, it turly is nothing new whatsoever.

Sure, it's got amazing grapics, but once something is so real, it stops being fun. Nintendo has always had the "Fun Factor" in their games, which makes some of them absolute classics. Look at the Zelda games, they are great, and are F-U-N fun!

I just wish someone would take the map to GTA: VC and take out the cars, and istead make a new Final Fight game. I mean, how cool would that be? Let's bring back some of the ultimate classics, and do them RIGHT folks. I think only Nintendo is really capable of that, though some of Sony's developers have done some good jobs. Gah, there just need to be more GOOD co-op fighting games that aren't one-on-one tourneys. Imagine co-op Jedi Knight II. How sweet could that be?

The X-Box is jsut a computer, it's not a gaming console, it's a computer, folks. If I wanted to play computer games, I'd play them on my PC. I like Microsoft as a company, but can't abide the X-Box.

I wish I could afford a Gamecube...

Keerrourri Feessaarro
Jan 24th, 2003, 01:07:36 AM
Imagine co-op Jedi Knight II. How sweet could that be?

...which can be found on X-box, actually.

Sejah Haversh
Jan 24th, 2003, 01:13:26 AM
Isn't that just deathmatch, though, not a co-op play? If so, it can also be found on the Gamecube.

Note: Co-Op bot matches do not constitute co-op play. To be truly co-op, it would ahve to be two-player from start of game to finish.

imported_Grev Drasen
Jan 24th, 2003, 02:07:20 PM
Originally posted by JMK
I couldn't own an Xbox because of that controller. It's the size of a tonka truck! Actually if you buy the generic controllers they aren't that bad.

Sejah Haversh
Jan 24th, 2003, 02:57:15 PM
Still whoppin' huge., and with a nasty button arrangement. I'm not saying Gamecube has a better arrangement, for Sony has had the best for years, but, still...

imported_Grev Drasen
Jan 24th, 2003, 03:11:15 PM
Well, actually I favor Gamecube's controller out of the three.

Dunno why, I'm just more comfortable with it.

Keerrourri Feessaarro
Jan 24th, 2003, 03:41:02 PM
I just hate thumbsticks. Hateses them!

imported_Grev Drasen
Jan 24th, 2003, 04:03:10 PM
They're good for fighting games.

I used to rub blisters on my thumb playing Street Fighter on SNES.

JMK
Jan 24th, 2003, 07:36:32 PM
I actually like the N-64's & Genesis controller the best.

Admiral Lebron
Jan 24th, 2003, 11:10:51 PM
PS2 is my favorite...with a multi-tap. Which my next door neighbor/best friend has.

imported_Lance Stormrider
Jan 25th, 2003, 10:10:41 AM
Originally posted by Grev Drasen
They're good for fighting games.

I used to rub blisters on my thumb playing Street Fighter on SNES.

Wow your the first person I ever hear that says that X_x, I must admit that when you play fighting games such as Street Fighter on normal controller like the PS2 after a while it hurts, but playing Street Fighter with that tiny little joystick must really be a paiiiiiiin I mean its so damn tiny XD

Well for me PS2's controlelr is the best for fighting games, its simple, its easy to find the buttons when your doing combos and its not too small or too big and it doesnt have a bizillion buttons here and there X_x

Plus if its not arcade I HATE playing fighting games with a joystick, except for Smash Bros but thats totally not the same.^^

imported_Grev Drasen
Jan 25th, 2003, 12:07:20 PM
I'm talking about the SNES controllers... before thumbsticks came about. It didn't hurt it just rubbed a blister sometimes when I did a rotation around the directional pad or something. Just playing normally it didn't affect me.

Other than that I favored the SNES controller. Only controller I've never really liked is the Xbox.

Admiral Lebron
Jan 25th, 2003, 03:50:33 PM
X-Box's is pretty nice. If it toned down the size of that emblem it be the best.

Sejah Haversh
Jan 27th, 2003, 02:21:18 AM
Or if they actually put something even remotely useful in there. What a horrendous ugly waste of space...

Dark Lord Dyzm
Jan 27th, 2003, 02:08:27 PM
Anyone see the new Soul Calibar Screenshots for the Gamecube? Happy suprise! Link from The Zelda games is a playable charachter!

Oriadin
Jan 28th, 2003, 09:10:05 AM
Yeah, I saw that. Kinda looked odd I thought. Soul Calibar was brilliant for the dreamcast so im really looking forward to the next installment!