PDA

View Full Version : Boost (Janus)

Zeke
Jan 19th, 2003, 09:11:54 PM
Zeke stretches out while he waits. Janus is up for his second training session. This one's a bit more physical than telekinetics, and also a bit more strenuous, with a greater chance of injury. Force boost takes a deceptive amount of control to wield properly.

Janus Riddyl
Jan 19th, 2003, 10:22:18 PM
Janus entered the room and saw his master. He bowed and said "Hello Master Zeke."

Zeke
Jan 19th, 2003, 10:30:49 PM
"Today, we learn Force Boost; the ability to increase one's own abilities through the Force. To do it, simply shunt the Force through your body. We'll do strength first. Summon yourself with Force, push it into your arms...and...."

Zeke walks to a full cabinet of training equipment and takes a hold on it, then lifts. Though the cabinet by itself is much more than Zeke can lift, he hefts it with ease and carries it over to Janus.

"Like so. Your turn. Put the cabinet back."

Janus Riddyl
Jan 20th, 2003, 12:40:31 PM
It took Janus a moment to take it all in. He had to use the Force through him to increase his strength. He opened himself to the Force and let it flow in him, now he had to enrich his muscles with it. He started to sense himself in the Force and soon he could understand his own anatomy. He felt the Force trickle into his arms and legs.
Now he grabbed the cabinet and tried to lift. It was still very heavy. Master Zeke made it look easier. He tried to walk and only got a few steps before he dropped it. He went through the procedure again and picked up the cabinet with more ease. He walked a few more steps closer to the wall but the Cabinet was getting heavy. He started to pick up his pace without knowing how much longer he could hold it. He started to sweat a little and also gave a few grunts. He finally made it to the wall and let the cabinet slam to the ground.
He bent over a little and put his hands on his knees. Now breathing hard he said, "So... How was that?"

Zeke
Jan 20th, 2003, 12:46:16 PM
"Not bad at all. Let's do something a bit more fun. Try to jump and touch the high ceiling."

Zeke crouched low and sprang upward, tapping the ceiling overhead and landing nimbly on his feet.

"When you fall, try to keep your feet beneath you. If I think you're not going to make it, I'll catch you. I've seen Padawans faceplant doing this one. Not fun..."

Janus Riddyl
Jan 20th, 2003, 07:52:56 PM
Janus looked at the ceiling and then back at his master. He tucked his wings close to his body in order to prevent himself from cheating in this lesson. He crouched down, looked up and let the Force flow into his legs. He counted silently to himself, 1...2...3! He leapt into the air and saored directly up until he touched the ceiling.
Now he looked down and saw the floor coming at him at an incredible rate. He tried to ready his legs for the landing, but he didn't think he'd make it. The floor neared and then he knew he would make it without hurting himself. He expanded his wings and the air rushed against them, slowing him down. He flapped them to slow him down more and then he touched down lightly.
"Sorry Master, I know I didn't exactly do as you wanted, but I will work on the landings when I get some free time."

Zeke
Jan 20th, 2003, 08:00:29 PM
"Hey, don't worry about it. You've got the wings, why not use them? I know I would if I had them. Try enhancing your speed next."

Zeke backs up to the far wall and faces Janus, pulling stopwatch from his pocket.

"Normally to run across this room would take 10 seconds. I want you to clear it in five. Okay? GO!"

He clicks the button as Janus starts running.

Janus Riddyl
Jan 21st, 2003, 04:04:08 PM
Janus had already allowed the Force to energize his legs when he began running. He was really pushing it now, he had to make 5 seconds. He saw the wall coming at him but decided that it was best not to slow down, it might take too much time. He put his arms in front of his body and pushed against the wall to slow his speed, but ended up hitting it anyway. He wasn't hurt at all, just a little sore when he asked "How fast was that?"

Zeke
Jan 21st, 2003, 07:44:08 PM
Zeke clicks the watch as Janus hits the wall.

"Not bad," he says, not bothering to tell him his time. "But holding out your arms won't always stop you...depending on your speed, you've got a fair chance of breaking something. Try again, but slow down on your own. I won't time you; this is to teach you control."

Janus Riddyl
Jan 21st, 2003, 07:51:57 PM
Janus looked at the wall he had to run to. He let the Force flow through his body and then took off. He felt that he got a good start but now he had to slow down and stop. He stopped pushing off with his legs and started to use them to slow down. As he approached the wall he was at a slow enough pace that he managed to stop before he connected with the wall. After stopping he turned to his master and awaited further instruction.

Zeke
Jan 21st, 2003, 07:58:14 PM
"Ok. Now let's see you change direction."

Janus Riddyl
Jan 21st, 2003, 08:16:39 PM
Janus started to run off filled with the Force towards the opposite wall but curved his direction to the left. Instead of going to that wall he made another left turn. He finished with a stop and was back at the same spot he started at. He then awaited his masters next training excercise.

Zeke
Jan 21st, 2003, 08:41:07 PM
Hm...well...he seems to have control over his Force boost...and Zeke can't...ah. Aha.

"Catch."

Zeke lifts a ball and throws it with speed borne of the Force. On his natural level, Janus will never be able to catch it. Let's see if he can pick up another form of boost..."

Janus Riddyl
Jan 22nd, 2003, 01:52:20 PM
Janus watched as the ball came towards him and realized the ball was coming incredibly fast. He filled his body with the Force and tried to reach out and catch the ball, but he was too late. He didn't have enough time to fully prepare himself.

Zeke
Jan 22nd, 2003, 06:18:30 PM
Zeke squeezes a fist and the ball stops before it strikes the angel. He calls it back and tosses it lightly into the air.

"Try again."

The ball launches with similar speed.

Janus Riddyl
Jan 23rd, 2003, 03:51:08 PM
Janus was prepared and with his body filled with the Force he leaped to the right and caught the ball in his hand. He tossed it back to his master and awaited further commands.

Zeke
Jan 23rd, 2003, 08:05:19 PM
Zeke catches the ball and pockets it.

"That'll do. Just don't forget that you'll have to practice it on your own to gain skill. I can only teach you; I can't make you master it."

Janus Riddyl
Jan 23rd, 2003, 09:01:14 PM
"Thank you for the advice." Janus said and reminded himself "Practice makes perfect."