Best Digital Acting Performance: Gollum - The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
Best Young Actor/Actress: Kieran Culkin - Igby Goes Down
Best Animated Feature: Spirited Away
Best Family Film (live action): Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Best Picture Made for Television: Door To Door
Best Documentary: Bowling for Columbine
Best Foreign Language Film: Y Tu Mama Tambien
Best Song: "Lose Yourself", Eminem - 8 Mile
Best Composer: John Williams - Catch Me If You Can, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Minority Report
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I jumped on you CMJ :p Not sure if this is a sign or not A Beautiful Mind did win last year and won at the Oscars, Chicago could be a favorite especially if it wins at the Globes tonight, Gangs of New York is still a possibility. One thing I don't think Nicholson will win another Oscar he has won three and I think they won't give him a fourth (only one other actor has one three Spencer Tracy.)

JonathanLB
Jan 19th, 2003, 01:10:17 PM
Surprisingly that looks a lot like my awards list, or my consideration list, so far, except for best picture.

My best director award goes to Spielberg, my best composer of course to John Williams.

I'm still deciding on other categories, but personally I think I'm going with best actress Renee Zellwegger for Chicago.

I'd probably give my best actor award to Samuel L. Jackson for AOTC, xXx, and Changing Lanes, although he is more a supporting actor in the first two of course, so that's why I haven't decided. By "best" I mean overall BEST actor, the actor who was good consistently in the most number of high quality projects, which is clearly Jackson for me. Nobody else was in three four-star movies.

Best single performance by an actor would probably be either Daniel Day-Lewis in Gangs of New York, Leonardo DiCaprio in Catch Me If You Can, or... any number of others that critics would disagree with. I, for instance, think that Jim Caviezel in The Count of Monte Cristo was excellent, one of the year's best performances. Nicholson wasn't notable enough in About Schmidt. He was good, but not Chinatown or One Flew Over the Cuckcoo's Nest good.

Dutchy
Jan 19th, 2003, 01:34:23 PM
Originally posted by JonathanLB
I'd probably give my best actor award to Samuel L. Jackson for AOTC, xXx, and Changing Lanes, although he is more a supporting actress in the first two of course

I admit your knowledge of Star Wars is far beyond mine, but Samuel L. Jackson sure as hell wasn't an actress in AOTC. :p

JonathanLB
Jan 19th, 2003, 01:41:06 PM
Did I write that? Sorry I just woke up, lol, but I was thinking ahead to Emily Watson as best actress in several films, lol, whoops. ;)

CMJ
Jan 19th, 2003, 07:14:15 PM
Not too bad...I'll post more thoughts later, most likely. I've had a very busy weekend. It'll take me a day to get caught up.

Sejah Haversh
Jan 19th, 2003, 09:31:34 PM
Sprited Away got the Animated award? I heard that movie was cel-shaded crap...