PDA

View Full Version : Jedi Meet And Greet (Idea)

Lion El' Jonson
Jan 18th, 2003, 08:17:24 AM
Anybody remember the dance thread we had in June or July? We took over the B&G, popped open hundreds of gallons of drinks, brought in tons of food, and some hella-big speakers. Then, we were set loose.

It seemed to go really well, until me and Zeke took over the thing with our DJ race...that aside, it went well. I had a chance to practice my RPing abilities in a place where I wouldn't get my Head handed to me if I screwed up, and I got a chance to meet many of the the other padawans and knights.

Now, six months have passed, and we've got a whole crop of new padawans that haven't had any really huge threads to pull all of our newcomers together. I myself am a padawan, but I'm only really familiar with the last generation of padawans, the old knights, and the masters. I only know a couple of our new guys.

I think this would be a great opportunity for our new members to meet each other, as well as many of the knights and masters. It's a chance to practice RPing and give a little bit of insight into each of your characters.

I think this dance should follow the same format as the last one...get Kelt or someone to DJ, keep the younger padawans away from the punch bowl, etc...

I don't know really when to actually do this thread, and I'm terrible at planning, but I think this is an idea worthy of going over.

Love it? Hate it? Don't really care? Post here.

~Lion~

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 18th, 2003, 08:19:40 AM
I like the idea getting the Padawans introduced to those outside of their usual circle.

Rognan Dar
Jan 18th, 2003, 01:01:50 PM
I agree with Dasq. I am farly new here and have met lots of newer people but haven't gone outside my own "circle" of friends. I tried to make a party to met new people but all I got was people I knew... So this needs to be something that everyone will want to come too...

Jamel Croko'yn
Jan 18th, 2003, 01:41:55 PM
Yah, I wanna meet people, I agree completely

Navaria Tarkin
Jan 18th, 2003, 05:36:47 PM
Well, we can find out who is interested and see who wants to take who to the 'dance' thingy.

As a rule, you should take someone you don't know. Like me and Kelt did last time :)

Two/three people should actually run it hence the DJing :)

Jamel Croko'yn
Jan 18th, 2003, 05:45:43 PM
Come on lets do it

I think whom brought it up should administrate, as well as Zeke as they did it last time. Other then that, I'd see no reason for someone like Navaria administrate it with some DJing, or someone with high amount of respect in the GJO.

Kelt Simoson
Jan 18th, 2003, 06:11:52 PM
<< the DJ is ready for booking and likes the idea :)

Zeke
Jan 18th, 2003, 06:15:55 PM
Kelt=DJ
Lion&Zeke=planning (To atone for our misbehavior last time) :)

First! When/where should we do this? Last time we had it in the B&G, and gave people a few weeks to find dates. I guess having it in the B&G again is a no brainer, so really time is all we have to worry with. Also, any form of rules/regulations? We have one rule already:

Rule 1) You CANNOT take someone you know. You must take someone you do not know.

Anything else?

Jamel Croko'yn
Jan 18th, 2003, 06:20:03 PM
I saw two weeks least, and 3 1/2 max. I think that'd be a decent dating, or maybe it could reach intoa mother or so. Thats just me suggesting, I dont have any rules or regulations to feed off of because I wasn here on the preivous meeting.

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 18th, 2003, 07:06:08 PM
I'd suggest soemthing a bit different as well. would be best. I dunno, say a formal dinner to mark the completeion of the new Temple on Coruscant?

Jamel Croko'yn
Jan 18th, 2003, 07:07:59 PM
I agree with Marcus, and make it more classy, formal dressing maybe.

Lion El' Jonson
Jan 18th, 2003, 08:12:22 PM
Interesting, Marcus.

I agree with Zeke, we've got to atone for tying of Kelt and stuffing him in a box.

Anyways, I like the idea of a formal sorta dance/dinner. A bit more romantic, better food, and I like the setting of Coruscant a lot.

I'm worried about one thing, though. Think anybody is gonna feel inhibited by the fact that there's all these guys and gals in formal clothes all over the place? I mean, you're not gonna see somebody break dancing at a wedding (though I did see that happen once...:lol). I guess that's also sort of the idea, though...kinda constrain it to meeting and stuff.

Also, does not being able to take someone you know exclude you form taking someone you've met ooc?

Besides all that, this sounds like it'll shape up nicely.

Navaria Tarkin
Jan 18th, 2003, 08:15:19 PM
Jedi aren't suppose to be stuffy anyway? :lol

Well, usually when people start posting, things happen ... it did with the last one..

Course, the last one died :\ Is there anyway to make sure that doesn't happen again? A set goal for the thread perhaps?

I like the idea of a formal dinner commemorating the move to coruscant and the Jedi returning there. Should be speeches dammit! ^_^

Jamel Croko'yn
Jan 18th, 2003, 08:22:47 PM
I say we need points, and see how we can regulate with those points.

Like Point A would be the beginning, whoever starts it will start it in this manor, and such. Then Point B would be hte ending, and how you would get people out and everything. It'd be alot better if you knew how you'd start and end so you know all the possibilities it could lead to, and then you can put down some rules that would cover those holes.

Lion El' Jonson
Jan 18th, 2003, 08:27:44 PM
Well, goal for the beginning probably won't be the thread beginning...as you might remember, Nav, we had about one page of jedi levitating speakers and stuff around the room...tripping over serving droids, setting up the food tables, that kinda stuff.

I say this thing should begin when we have a certain number of guests, or a set group of guests. For instance, our core council or something. As for the end, who knows? I'm trying to think of a reason to end it...it's not easy...

But I agree w/ this to celebrate our triumphant return to Coruscant. We finally rebuilt our Jedi temple, once again we're the bright light on a planet that symbolized Imperial power, stuff like that...

This is gonna be cool!

Lilya Goldberry
Jan 18th, 2003, 08:59:57 PM
So, a Jedi dinner party? :lol

imported_Jackson Mcgraves
Jan 18th, 2003, 09:15:39 PM
A Very interesting Idea for getting to know others.

I do have a question if we do have ask someone and it has to be some one we don't know is that IC and OOC or is just IC don't know?

Because IC Jackson nows only about three people here OOC I know allot of you do to my other charecters.

Jamel Croko'yn
Jan 18th, 2003, 10:24:27 PM
I think the best end would to have the Jedi Council exit first, heading toward outside the Jedi Temple followed by the rest of the guest who came to the place, and watch a firecracking show that shapes a lightsaber and then they all exit to their quaters to awaken to the next duty they have..

Also I believe that we should have a parade in the streets around Jedi Temple with trumpets playing around while the Jedi Council are surronded by the trumpet players and band as they enter the Jedi Temple. Then behind them would come that of the Jedi with a drumline before them.

Morgan Evanar
Jan 18th, 2003, 11:14:46 PM
I think the best end would to have the Jedi Council exit first, heading toward outside the Jedi Temple followed by the rest of the guest who came to the place, and watch a firecracking show that shapes a lightsaber and then they all exit to their quaters to awaken to the next duty they have..

Also I believe that we should have a parade in the streets around Jedi Temple with trumpets playing around while the Jedi Council are surronded by the trumpet players and band as they enter the Jedi Temple. Then behind them would come that of the Jedi with a drumline before them.

Or we could drop the vanity and do something low key and tasteful.

Jamel Croko'yn
Jan 18th, 2003, 11:16:16 PM
How is a parade untasteful? I do know what you mean by low key, it's unlikely for the Jedi Order to do such a thing, but I have so many ideas so I'll just present another one.

1) I know that you guys want to keep it like it was on Bar and Grill and such, but maybe if it was moved to Talus, a planet in the spectrum of the Core World, which Coruscant is in. It's only a ride away. But that's only a suggestion, I somewhat dont like it myself, I sees a few holes in it it.

2) I think we could have a beginning which starts with a toast from one of the Jedi Council Members, and the best idea of doing this would be after the Jedi Council Voting. Doing such we shall toast to the good fortune and the great path in the force. Then we will begin our feist and as well as dance.

Ending we could have one of the Jedi Council Members have a speech, maybe the same person who toasted at the beginning. I would hope Master Yoghurt could do this, but he doesn't manage to get around here much. If he possibly is around maybe he could do the toast and the speech.

Then after the speech every padawan can retreat to the Living Quaters for conversation, or just for slumber, anything that they choose.

Morgan Evanar
Jan 18th, 2003, 11:47:11 PM
A parade is distasteful because its not what the Jedi represent at all. We're the people who get stuff done, not talk about it.

I'm glad you're eager to contribute, but you really seem to completely miss the tone of the group. Drop your notions and RP here for a while.

Yog's around. He doesn't post much, but he's around.

Jamel Croko'yn
Jan 18th, 2003, 11:53:27 PM
You managed to discard my previous post completely without even a reply to that. My notions are helpful, and I dont want to sound disrespectful but I'm not going to stop my suggestion box because as a role player in this Order I am intilted to contribute if you care, and I do care. These are suggestions not commandment so dont act as if I dont know anything about Star Wars, it was only a suggestion. I knew that the situation with that was that it had holes with Jedi characteristics, but it was only a notion to begin the mind boggling for others to jump in and give ideas.

Sanis Prent
Jan 19th, 2003, 12:58:47 AM
I think what he is saying is that you should probably spend a little time understanding how things work here before you start recommending things to happen.

Jamel Croko'yn
Jan 19th, 2003, 01:22:26 AM
I know what he means, but I know how it is around here. It was really just a "boggle of a mind" recommendation just to get the ball rolling and get people to feed off it, but not do the exact same thing of course.

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 19th, 2003, 03:18:58 AM
Parade - nah
Formal party - nah
Dinner to celebrate move - sure

It needs to be a little bit different from last time, so the dinner seems a good idea. :)

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 19th, 2003, 04:26:57 AM
I've got a bit of an idea that'll run by the better half first.

But, this might be an interestign thread for those who a) Were about when the first temple was destoryed and b) The members here now who did that destruction.

A formal dinner would be a good and Jedi way to mark the finish of the new temple and might make an intere4sting bit of storytelling, puls give a good IC mixing idea.

Lion El' Jonson
Jan 19th, 2003, 06:56:00 AM
Agreed, Marcus.

Jamel, thanks for helping out, just don't start a flame war in here...^_^;...

Anyways, anybody thought of an ending to this. The speech idea sounds cool, the parade DOESN'T...Jedi, as Morgan said, are there to help people, not to help people and then bask in our own glory. I hope that this party doesn't get out of hand. So far, people seem to like the idea of a dinner to celebrate our move to Coruscant.

Anyways, who is actually gonna be running this IC? Lion is still only a padawan, so it doesn't quite seem right if one Knight and one Padawan are running the whole show.

Also, Jackson pointed out a very valid point...are we allowed to know the person ooc, or never have really spoken to them either way?

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 19th, 2003, 07:00:04 AM
I don't think we really need someone running it IC. If It's just a celebratory dinner, then maybe the Council set it up and just let it go by itself. If the Bar and Grill is going to be the venue, you don't really need a host/hostess, people can just be sponanteous with what's going on.

I would say that it should just be a character that you've never interacted with IC. This wouldn't mean that you haven't spoken to them before, just that you haven't talked on more than a few occasions.

Lion El' Jonson
Jan 19th, 2003, 07:28:12 AM
Okay, thanks Dasq...that should make the squeeze on GJO guys trying to find GJO girls a lot better.

Any other concerns people have got? We've still got to find a goo end to the thing, although I think people entering/leaving are good triggers. Maybe Yog, if we can get the dude in here.

Navaria Tarkin
Jan 19th, 2003, 10:03:22 AM
Master Yog appears when he appears :lol

The only thing that is needed though to run this thread in general is how it will start and end... Speech could be a good idea. Have to be one hell of a speech :lol

:: hides from Marcus when she hears about the Jedi Temple being blown up ::

Agden Ithrin
Jan 19th, 2003, 10:12:17 AM
Perhaps Yog could be swayed into delivering a speech at the end of the dinner :)

Navaria Tarkin
Jan 19th, 2003, 10:15:50 AM
If we can find him :cry

Agden Ithrin
Jan 19th, 2003, 10:19:36 AM
A cameo from Yog is rare, so it would be a nice round off to the dinner ... so we must find him! :p

TheHolo.Net
Jan 19th, 2003, 10:20:33 AM
PM him. He stops by the boards almost every day, but doesn't really post that often in the RP forums.

Agden Ithrin
Jan 19th, 2003, 10:33:57 AM
Or some Darksiders could come and bust up the party.

Zeke
Jan 19th, 2003, 10:35:45 AM
No. This is a happy event, not another fight thread.

Agden Ithrin
Jan 19th, 2003, 10:37:43 AM
Just a suggestion :mneh

Kelt Simoson
Jan 19th, 2003, 01:28:20 PM
With 50 or more Jedi in the room i doubt highly the Darksiders would get away with there legs intact, but thats beside the point.

A formal idea would be granded, but perhaps place set seating arrangements, say 8 to a table and with people you have not interacted with before?. Like set places to sit?.

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 19th, 2003, 01:32:31 PM
Set places would be hard because then someone would have to divide the Order up, and I'm not sure enough people would participate to have that many people on seperate tables.

Zeke
Jan 19th, 2003, 02:03:24 PM
No seating assignments! That started so many food fights in school...could someone who's been in on this planning thing the whole time recap? Just to see what we've got so far condensed into one post? I can't seem to figure it out with all the different ideas/amendments going on...^_^;

Jamel Croko'yn
Jan 19th, 2003, 02:19:00 PM
The Beginning seems to roll out to be the speech thing with one of the Council Members...

Their has been a regulation that you can't take someone you know, this is for interaction of those whom have yet to meet, so it's best to get those who you haven't seen.

It will be in the Bar and Grill..

Celebrating the new arrangements on Coruscant..

Will not be controlled by any of the Council Members IC or anyone at all.

You have people who you have yet to interact with IC, but OOC it doesn't matter, it'd make it too difficult of an action.

It will begin in a matter of weeks..

End with probably a speech from Master Yog if he has the chance, if not another Council Member will have that ability. It'll most likily be a long speech..but not extremely long, but just a decent long speech..

Vega Van-Derveld
Jan 19th, 2003, 02:20:23 PM
Dinner to mark the move to Coruscant, which wil end with a speech (I think). Everyone goes with someone they wouldn't usually associated with, IC.

Zeke
Jan 19th, 2003, 02:32:53 PM
Dinner, speech, date you wouldn't normally associate with IC. Got it. Now we just need a date (time date), right?

Sanis Prent
Jan 19th, 2003, 02:51:36 PM
So, IC couples can't get in the act? :(

Vega Van-Derveld
Jan 19th, 2003, 02:53:56 PM
Well if you're already a couple, I don't think you would be expected to split up. I think it would be fair to say that if you're involved, you can come with your partner :)

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 19th, 2003, 03:33:36 PM
Dinner in Avalon, NOT the B&G.

The point of this is so the Jedi mix together outside of their groupings. Thence the seating arrangements should be made to achieve that. One idea I have floating in the back of my mind is for tables to have say one or two Masters, then Knights and Padawans sat themselves, for it would be quite likely they would dearly love to hear the Master speak of old times.

say, if you have Figrin, AB, Yogurt and Marcus, four Jedi still active from the time of the destruction, one at each table. whatr Jedi wouldnt want to be at a table with one of the three founders still active from the time of the Order's foundation and one Jedi who was also there?

Bookending the thread, well Lion and Zeke, I'll tell you my idea offline.

Anyway, bit of history - three of the main protagonists of the fight that saw the original Temple toasted were Yogurt, Darth Turbogeek and Lord Fire Blade. AB was in it too, I dont remember if Lounge Lizard and Figrin D'An were. Alpha may of been as well. I'll see how much history I can dredge up for this.

Morgan Evanar
Jan 19th, 2003, 04:07:37 PM
I won't be around for this IC :(

Jamel Croko'yn
Jan 19th, 2003, 04:27:28 PM
Should it be after the Council voting is done so it isn't in the way and we have a renewed slate of Council Members, or what?

Zeke
Jan 19th, 2003, 04:28:33 PM
Yeah...plus, we need to allow time to get this planned, announced, and for all the dateless to get someone to go with.

Navaria Tarkin
Jan 19th, 2003, 05:13:52 PM
Early to mid Feb is a good time frame to work towards.

Wonders why Sanis asked that question :mneh

Hmm, so is IC couples the only, and it would be the only, exception? Everyone else has to take someone they don't normally RP with ....

Avalon dinner :thumbup

A simple list of four groups is a good idea, like Marcus suggested... Tis concise and to the point :)

:: huggles Fewdy ::

:(

Zeke
Jan 19th, 2003, 05:16:52 PM
So do we need to assign four Masters to head the tables, or will we get volunteers?

Navaria Tarkin
Jan 19th, 2003, 05:18:38 PM
I think Marcus' idea was having Yog, Marcus, AB and Fig at the four tables and then sort out the rest and make it pretty equal :)

Course, it can be done someway else

Also, Marcus o_O what are you plotting you bad Jedi you

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 19th, 2003, 05:28:39 PM
Well, I've thrown a suggestion at Helen, seeing what she thought. It's nothing bad, it could actually be quite a cool way to begin the thread, seeing the original Temple blown to shit by the person who did it. Then some reflections and seeing the Temple rebuilt through the same person's eyes and the finished result.

Jamel Croko'yn
Jan 19th, 2003, 05:51:14 PM
Im out of suggestions as it seems it only one or two steps from finalizing, but I still say after the Council voting is when it should begin. Around a day after or so..

Sanis Prent
Jan 19th, 2003, 06:50:12 PM
Anbira (LL) was there during that attack, yes.

Sejah Haversh
Jan 19th, 2003, 09:51:38 PM
Sejah is going to have to go stag to this one. I can't exactly see him going up to a girl he doesn't know, and mainly isn't of his species, and saying, "Hey, want to go to a big formal Jedi dinner with a furry guy?"

Nah, not his style. He's going, but going stag.

Jamel Croko'yn
Jan 20th, 2003, 12:05:27 AM
I dont know why it has to be a dating situation, I mean it's a celebration not a large dating. I would rather suggest one picking anyone out of the crowd and heading to the place and getting to know them as a friend not to become a couple. It isn't the Jedi way, they let the Force guide them into emotional points, they dont force it, or they shouldn't.

Anyways, I'd just like to say that is a suggestion, not a change in the program, though I have alot of confidence in that idea.

EDIT: Also I'd like to say that as far I've seen is that the Jedi Order is a male dominated at the time so alot of girls would end up having more than one person dating them if it was to be something of a dating sorts.

As well as that is that alot of characters are very sollititude characters, or shy toward girls so it'd make it hard to jump out of character and attempt such a thing, it wouldn't help the role playing scheme realism of the whole thing. It'd take away far from the character and the unstabilize the conversations they'd end up having with their date, or buddy at the table. Even if the person swings back into their normal character it'd shift up too much and it'd feel to choppy of a role playing session.

That's just one mans opinion, not a domating opinion that many have, just mine.

^_^

Anbira Hicchoru
Jan 20th, 2003, 01:40:25 AM
You miss the point. What was states is that if you are dating somebody, then you could accompany that person to the dinner, instead of arbitrarily going with someone else. Doesn't mean the others paired up are dating...its just more convenient for those who are.

Jamel Croko'yn
Jan 20th, 2003, 01:58:34 AM
Ummm, what? I dont know what your talking about, if you mean taht those who are dating have the ability to come here and date, well I've heard that would be unable as we must meet people we dont know.

If I'm wrong at what you mean by that post, I'm sorry...

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 20th, 2003, 02:29:31 AM
Ahhh, now I understand.

Jamel, this is somethign yu should read and consider. Other newbies should as well.

These are the basic rules of GJO. I might point out I am one of the founders of the order, I am one of three surviving roleplayers from the beginnning of SW-Fans roleplaying and I have been at sw-fans in it's various incarnations longer than anyone. Probably. I now near my 5th year in here, I''ve written more, contributed very heavily and just simply done more than any other Jedi can claim to. Now enough masturbation and blowing my own horn, I'm just establishing that I speak with a great deal of authority on what I will tell you.

There are certain rules here, rules that can not be broken and I will not see dismissed.

Firstly - Newbies do not tell us how to run things. Most of the senoir Jedi have been involved for up to three years. We know what we are doing and no one needs to be told how a Jedi in this place is supposed to act and behave.

Two - We have a high degree of freedom how to play our characters. From full blooded pacifist like Jubei, to outright warlords like me. Certain objectives of the Jedi are to be followed, like no use of what can be seen as Dark Side, but in here there is no fixed way to be a Jedi. We differ from other sites in that regard and that freedom, gives you a lot of leeway to play. No one has the right to tell someone how to play their character in the end, unless it breaks four very defined and immutible laws

a) No God Moding
b) NNo Killing without permision
c) No Maining without permission
d) No capture without permission

and all must have applied common sense and fair play when you post. That is all the laws. Oh, there is one immediate ban offence and that is infiltration. The pasing on of information that you had no right to or passing on to someone whom had no right to it either. This is a straight out ban if proven.

Third - You gain rank and respect by earning it. This is being part of the community of GJO, roleplaying well and positive contributing. You can not gain rank and respect on the coat tals of others, by begging, pleading crawling or ass kissing.

Fourth - Main rule of promotion - DONT ASK FOR IT. It will come when it is earned and not a second before. Patience is required OOC here. See point three for influencign factors

Fifth - Piss off a GJO staff member and you are in serious trouble.

Sixth - If your not having fun here, it's your fault, not ours. MAKE this place fun by being part of it.

Seventh - despite what I have just posted, this is a laid back and accetign community. It is built on trust and mutual resepct and openness. Dont be surprised if you cop a backlash if you break any of that. we like our peace and quiet and anyone willing to try to be part of the group truly.

Thence, I dont care where anyone has come from, whether your new or you could possibly match me for experience. We do things our own way here and we dont care how it's done elsewhere. This is the Greater Jedi Order and if your prepared to accept that we do things our way, you will find there are writers here without peer in any other roleplay arena. Nor will you find the openness and the lack of restrictions. Always keep that in mind when you post.

Anbira Hicchoru
Jan 20th, 2003, 02:37:45 AM
I'm talking about couples that are ALREADY dating...as in...before this dinner thing happens. That would exempt them from having to join up with somebody they don't know.

Sage Hazzard
Jan 20th, 2003, 02:40:54 AM
Heck I might need to pair up with a dude, because girls are out numbered here. Doesn't mean we're dating... eww... Though if I did go with a female, we could call it a date. Heck, might make it more fun. Problem is, Sage is kind of attached to JediBeldarine, he'd slit his own throat before cheating on her. So it'd be a friend thing. :)

So let me ask a question. I'll probably sound like a kindergardner in a college course but... let me get this straight in my head. We decide who we're pairing up with, through PMs or whatever. Then we post that and it's made into a list. Then that list is seperated into four tables, each with one of the four Masters listed seated there. Am I right? Sorry but so many posts.... head is woozy.

Lion El' Jonson
Jan 20th, 2003, 03:37:38 AM
Well, I'm not so sure anymore. We've pretty much agreed that existing couples can go together, since splitting them up would induce much cheating, masturbation, and gnashing of teeth.

Somewhere back there, there's probably the list idea, which I think is definitely a good one. If we know who's w/ who, we can check up and see if us GJO guys are wasting our time hitting on women. Also, it'll help RPing, since we won't have the problems of 15 people sitting at a 12 chair table, or something.

Jamel, I've been here six months...a pathetically short time compared to Marcus, Sanis, AB, or Helen. I've learned to respect their views. You've got ideas, put them out in the open, don't assault us with them. I know it's not my place to say so, but the tone you put into your posts sounds...disrespectful. Marcus, forgive me if I've showed you up...

So, back to business. Who's going to send the PM to Yog. He doesn't really know me that well, so I don't think I'm the best choice.

Maximas
Jan 20th, 2003, 04:58:54 AM
As much as I think these threads are very good in theory I have a lot of difficulty posing in them.

I live in a time zone where im in bed while the US are up and about. Therefore, I may do a post, go to bed, get up in the morning to find there has been 30-40 posts since mine. It just takes to long to read through it all and what not. Plus, I may talk to somone then by the time I come back to post, that person has talked to 8 other people, danced, got drunk blah blah blah.

I dont think I'll be involved and its not because I dont want to, its just because its not practical :(

Helenias Evenstar
Jan 20th, 2003, 05:24:34 AM
Depends on how well the thread is controlled Maximus. If the thread is controlled, I would imagine the posting pace would be reduced enough for us slow posters to feel comfortable.

Keep that in mind - some of us just dont have the computer time to cope with 50 posts a day.

The idea of a historical perpective of the destruction of the Temple was Mark's idea to me. I can give that history in a quite compelling opening post if you will like.

Oriadin
Jan 20th, 2003, 05:48:47 AM
I think I am very much on the same boat as Maximas. I think its very difficult to control a thread that has loads of people involved in it. On the one hand, youve got people that want to drive it forward and post reply after reply like an OOC thread wreck and then youve got others who dont have the time to post like that and simply get left behind.

I think something like this is good for the group is a great idea but some people are just going to struggle to keep up with it. I'll probably be involved somewhere along the line and just try to ensure that I keep out of it enough that it wont matter if I dont post for fifty or sixty posts.

Oh, and Helen, the idea of the bit of history at the start would be a good one I think. There are loads of people here that dont know about the orders original destruction I would think. I only know bits and bobs from our RP's together.

Lion El' Jonson
Jan 20th, 2003, 06:03:10 AM
Same here, Oriadin. It took me a while to realize that it was Helen that fried our temple...:lol

Wouldn't that be ironic. An opening speech to celebrate the opening of our new Temple given by the person responsible for toasting the thing in the first place...

And, as to the things about the fast post/slow post things, I'm not quite so sure. In an RP with many sides, these giant RP things don't work to well because combat and conversations have to be contained and can get confusing if they're spread out over 50 posts. In something more laid back like this, it doesn't matter so much if people get jumbled in the middle...after all, it's a dinner party, and those are full of speeches, toasts, interruptions...:lol

I also agree with Helen...as long as we don't have our resident Glory Whores posting 50/60 posts per day, I don't think it'll get out of hand.

Oriadin
Jan 20th, 2003, 06:14:01 AM
hmmm, well, I have my doubts but there is only one way to find out I guess.

Lion El' Jonson
Jan 20th, 2003, 06:18:45 AM
Exactly...

Helenias Evenstar
Jan 20th, 2003, 06:58:20 AM
Anyone posting like a glory whore as you so aptly put it - send them to me.

"How are you able to post... when you have... no.. arms?"

Lion El' Jonson
Jan 20th, 2003, 07:04:41 AM
:lol...I would feel VERY sorry for Judas if he was still around...:p

Vega Van-Derveld
Jan 20th, 2003, 10:20:43 AM
I mean it's a celebration not a large dating.

Yes, it's getting to know characters that you wouldn't usually interact with. This doesn't mean it has to be a person of the opposite sex, it can be anyone you want - ergo, it's not dating unless you are already paired up.

Anbira Hicchoru
Jan 20th, 2003, 10:26:28 AM
Too bad that Taa and Dasq haven't hit it off yet :(

Vega Van-Derveld
Jan 20th, 2003, 10:35:51 AM
Give it time ^_^;

Taataani Meorrrei
Jan 20th, 2003, 10:42:45 AM
(taps foot) :mad

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 20th, 2003, 10:46:09 AM
:uhoh uuuuhhh...

Anbira Hicchoru
Jan 20th, 2003, 11:12:58 AM
hehehe

Taataani Meorrrei
Jan 20th, 2003, 11:14:35 AM
:cry!

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 20th, 2003, 11:15:10 AM
^_^; Anyyyyway, back on topic :p

Jamel Croko'yn
Jan 20th, 2003, 03:33:19 PM
Lol@Last 7 Post..

Like Dasquian said, lets get back on schedule shall we :D

So do we have a date, and also before that date are we going to create a small thread having the information about the table sitting and who is going with who?

EDIT: Also, I have no idea who the heck I'm going to go with, I'm scared to ask in the first place..

Vega Van-Derveld
Jan 20th, 2003, 03:45:02 PM
Originally posted by Navaria Tarkin
Early to mid Feb is a good time frame to work towards.

I think that works for the date :)

As for who is going with who... no idea how that will be organized, really, unless we just PM the people we want to talk to while there.

Zeke
Jan 20th, 2003, 03:45:57 PM
Sounds like a plan.

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 20th, 2003, 03:48:06 PM
Then we could just .. post up what gets organize, and somehow try to shift people about so they end up where they want ...

:x admin nightmare

Jan 20th, 2003, 04:07:01 PM
that would suck for the admins.

Sameer Aryan
Jan 20th, 2003, 06:04:23 PM
Since the goal is to meet new people, why don't you just randomize it? Like make a list of people that are going to attend it, and separate them into four tables.

Rognan Dar
Jan 20th, 2003, 10:13:37 PM
That a good idea Sam...I think thats what you should base it off of. Have a list of people that are going, then one pics a name that he/she hasn't seen or met before. Then they either figure it out among themselves, or post it. Thats my opinion off of Sam's.

Lion El' Jonson
Jan 21st, 2003, 05:40:47 AM
Sam's idea would ALSO be hell for the admins, but it's as good as any other ideas we've had...^_^;...

I'm wondering, though...didn't the date picking thing go just fine last time? We had no list, yet most of the GJO women showed up at the doorstep with a partner. I know we've got to go with someone we don't really know, but...isn't that the point? To ask someone to the dinner, don't you have to engage them in a dialogue, therefore advancing your character and meeting someone new anyways? That's essentially the point, to close the gap between then Newbs and the more experienced RPers.

I've sorta noticed that there's two or three distinct groups now. There's the old masters and senior knights. Then there's the new knights, aka Kindo and Oriadin, who were both joining about the same time I was. And then, there are the newer padawans, most of whom I don't know.

It's sorta like having seperate classes of people...I just hope I'm not starting Communism in here, or something...:lol

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 21st, 2003, 11:09:05 AM
I thought this wasn't meant to be a 'date' thing

Rognan Dar
Jan 21st, 2003, 01:17:35 PM
No. Its a dance. And I understand what your saying Lion, they need to meet that person and ask them out....but I haven't seen a lot of girls around here, and I think that there is a lot more guys then girls here so wouldn't that couse a problem?

Vega Van-Derveld
Jan 21st, 2003, 01:25:00 PM
Its a dance.

As far as I'm aware, it's a dinner to celebrate the move to Coruscant, not a dance like the last formal

there is a lot more guys then girls here so wouldn't that couse a problem

If there are going to be 'dates', then it would be first come first served. Organize your date in advance and you wouldn't have a problem :p otherwise, you're going solo

Jan 21st, 2003, 08:01:21 PM
going solo ain't so bad.

Jamel Croko'yn
Jan 21st, 2003, 08:25:06 PM
Yah, if you do go solo you have the ability to swarm around without disrespecting who is dating you, kinda draws you down to comparmizing who the two characters will be talking to, since they'd most likely be talking to the same person, presenting one another as the date to the new person they are talking to.

Shanaria Fabool
Jan 22nd, 2003, 03:55:41 PM
I have noticed that in the 'Brand New' padawan group, that there seem to be alot of girls.

Though I may be wrong. It's not like I have met all of them.

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 22nd, 2003, 04:09:39 PM
I'd say it's the other way round - more often than not the number of male members is a lot compared to female. Though, there have been a lot of female Padawan's joining lately :)

Shanaria Fabool
Jan 22nd, 2003, 04:28:26 PM
Well I'm new here, so I guess I don't even know why I posted in this discustion in the first place.......*Looks at her pathetic post count*.... Now I know!

us newbies can somtimes be a little shy about aproching those who have been here longer. so the more experenced will most likely have to approch us, just to get us to go!

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 22nd, 2003, 04:33:24 PM
:wave @ Shanaria

Dont worry, we dont bite.

Figrin D'an
Jan 22nd, 2003, 04:36:07 PM
* Reads entire thread. *

I really don't have anything to contribute idea-wise. Whatever is decided is fine by me. Just inform me of whatever role my character needs to play when this is all finalized.

Lion El' Jonson
Jan 22nd, 2003, 04:46:32 PM
Figrin...you have to DIE....

:lol...no, I'm kidding, Figrin. We'll try to work a role out for your character. Also, Shanaria? Don't worry about your post count. It doesn't really matter anyways...

I've noticed quite a lot of guys in the "new group" of padawans, but a lot of girls joining recently in the RC...Might be a good chance to teach the newer females a lot about RPing.

Figrin D'an
Jan 22nd, 2003, 05:12:42 PM
Originally posted by Lion El' Jonson
Figrin...you have to DIE....

Ehhh... works for me...

Loki Ahmrah
Jan 22nd, 2003, 05:23:09 PM
Don't die. :cry

Shanaria Fabool
Jan 22nd, 2003, 05:29:38 PM
Dont worry, we dont bite.

Some how I don't beleave that for all of you old timers....Of course you would have to be young enough to have teeth in order to bite.

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 22nd, 2003, 05:36:43 PM
Ahem, old age joke may lead to flying frying pans in yur direction :p

TheHolo.Net
Jan 22nd, 2003, 05:37:24 PM
Originally posted by Shanaria Fabool
Some how I don't beleave that for all of you old timers....Of course you would have to be young enough to have teeth in order to bite. *laughs so hard his dentures fall out*

Oooops

Shanaria Fabool
Jan 22nd, 2003, 07:09:45 PM
:D :uhoh :mischief

Zeke
Jan 22nd, 2003, 07:13:12 PM
So it appears that in the midst of old fart jokes and threatenings of pannings, I have once more lost myself. Did we decide on a system of seating/dating or not?

Ryla Relvinian
Jan 22nd, 2003, 08:12:39 PM
(after reading this entire thread twice) IMHO, this sounds like a great idea. As to the date/no date/list/no list I think it doesn't matter if you have a date or on whatever list. I'm one for random mingling.

In regards to the tables idea, will that be divided into seperate forums for ease of checking, all under a main forum for ease of checking and not loosing posts? It could be a temporary thing, but I think it would really help out anyone who hates to wade through 42 pages of hide-the-rubber-chicken or whatever.

Oh, and Hi to Shanaria. :D

Kelt Simoson
Jan 22nd, 2003, 08:19:35 PM
Oh so my idea about having tables IS going to happen? :p You know it was my idea so i'll sor the tables, thats not a problem.

Zeke
Jan 22nd, 2003, 08:21:38 PM
Sweet. Well... we know there's 4, with a master at the head of each...so 4, and then we just need a list of who's going and who's not...so sound off! Will you attend? I know I will...

EDIT: These guys at the head of the tables: Yog, Marcus, AB and Fig

Jamel Croko'yn
Jan 22nd, 2003, 08:50:21 PM
I've attempted to contribute too much not to go. I'm in :D

Kelt Simoson
Jan 22nd, 2003, 08:57:59 PM
Were only have four tables?

Jamel Croko'yn
Jan 22nd, 2003, 09:06:05 PM
Yah, I'm somewhat confused there too, how many people at a table?

Wei Wu Wei
Jan 22nd, 2003, 09:22:06 PM
we dont' bite

What about claw, choke, or kick? :p

Zeke
Jan 22nd, 2003, 09:48:53 PM
Four is the original number...unless we got more masters...gotta ask Marcus, that's his big idea...

Navaria Tarkin
Jan 22nd, 2003, 11:08:38 PM
well, four tables means four threads or something? That way everyone knows what table they are at and who to interact?

Jamel Croko'yn
Jan 22nd, 2003, 11:43:05 PM
So, were going to have different threads, I thought it was going to be all in one and we'd have the ability to move around a bit...

Also, I remember something about Marcus saying something about how were going to have it in the Temple so it'd be more private, is that still going to be how it is?

Navaria Tarkin
Jan 22nd, 2003, 11:48:37 PM
My post was a suggestion

Jamel Croko'yn
Jan 23rd, 2003, 12:06:56 AM
Oh, I thought it was hte final thing

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 23rd, 2003, 03:15:11 AM
Originally posted by Navaria Tarkin
well, four tables means four threads or something? That way everyone knows what table they are at and who to interact?

Frell, that's not a bad idea. Begin in one thread maybe as a setup / explaination,/ gathering and then split into four for ease of posting and reading. Nice :D

Oriadin
Jan 23rd, 2003, 03:22:45 AM
Yeah, I think that sounds like a great idea too. As Marcus said, have a thread for everyone to meet up in, then split it up into seperate threads depending on what table your on. Perhaps, after that we could all join the first thread again to mingle a bit before we all go back to our living quarters with hang overs :)

Lion El' Jonson
Jan 23rd, 2003, 03:57:52 AM
Hell, that's a great idea. We could have the first thread for everyone. Then, we'd split into four threads for ease of posting. Assign one master to each of the tables as a sort of MC for the thread.

Afterwards, either rejoin the first thread or make a new one to "mingle", as Oriadin put it. That way it won't get confusing with everyone keeping track of who's at their table or having to sort through 15 posts to find their response.

If we go through the first thread with everyone combined, we're going to have to have a method for seperating the people and keeping them with their couples. Maybe have everyone confirm who they're going with an compiling a master list before the thread starts, then chopping it into four big blocks and plopping a Master at each of the tables.

Course, that'd probably be hell, but I'd be willing to keep track of it...I have nothing else to do right now...:lol

Oriadin
Jan 23rd, 2003, 07:43:58 AM
Seems like the best way to work it from where im standing. Be a bit unfair to go with someone and then be seperated from that person once we all go to the tables.

Zeke
Jan 23rd, 2003, 09:54:45 AM
I say we do 4 threads. It's the best idea we've had yet.

Oriadin
Jan 23rd, 2003, 09:57:50 AM
Well, have we only got four masters to lead the tables?
You have to balance two things up.

1. The less people per table, the easier it is to keep up.
2. The more people per table, the more you get to meet and greet.

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 23rd, 2003, 01:06:23 PM
Four threads sounds good to me. I like the idea of splitting up then rejoining near the end.

Navaria Tarkin
Jan 23rd, 2003, 03:04:37 PM
:D Glad you guys liked the idea!

I like the first thread as an intro, the break up, and then gathering together again. Did we want to make these threads sticky topics as well? Might help so they don't get buried.

And - These threads will be done in the Bar and Grill or in Avalon... that was a decent point. I would think the B&G tho the setting is actually the temple proper perhaps? Could tag the titles with JEDI ONLY so no hijacking and if there is any hijacking by a Jedi, trouts and pans will be handed out.

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 23rd, 2003, 03:48:47 PM
:thumbup @ all Nav's suggestions :)

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 23rd, 2003, 04:22:48 PM
I would say that as it's Jedi only, being in Avalon would be fine. Tho, if we do run em in the B&G, interlopers will get completely and utterly flattened by the biggest pan I can find ^_^

Navaria Tarkin
Jan 23rd, 2003, 09:47:50 PM
Pan away! I rather have it so other people can read what we are doing and promoting our Jediness ... :lol

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 23rd, 2003, 09:53:12 PM
I think people going post whores on these threads also get panned. Oriadins point about post speed is very valid.

Navaria Tarkin
Jan 23rd, 2003, 09:55:20 PM
Completely agree ... patience will be learned one way ... or the other!

:: cackles ::

Lion El' Jonson
Jan 24th, 2003, 02:06:43 AM
:lol...I think we definitely need them to be sticky. Our post whores here would likely increase the speed of their posting just so the thread would stay near the top...

So, have we figured out a way of making sure couples don't get sliced apart when we split every1 up?

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 24th, 2003, 02:15:05 AM
Firstly, lets see who will be in and then let people indicate what table they would liek to be on. We'll even out the tables so that no Master gets too many (or too few) I suggest eople nominate if they will be partnering so we dont devide couples too.

Sejah Haversh
Jan 24th, 2003, 02:23:37 AM
If we have invited someone, or if someone has invited us, where should we post that? I mean, that way we could have a list of who all is going with who.

Lion El' Jonson
Jan 24th, 2003, 02:34:59 AM
I dunno. I might do it, but I'm notoriously bad at keeping track of stuff. I say that once we've got the ideas hammered out, we make a post of info about the dinner, what is gonna be happening with the tables and stuff, then tell people to post in a seperate thread if they're attending.

Tell them to post the name of their dinner date if they're going together. Then, we can compile it into a list of singles and couples and divide it (more or so) evenly.

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 24th, 2003, 02:38:25 AM
Yeah, that'll be fine. Well, so far it's your baby, see it through dude :) - we have a basic framework now, you should be able to call for players to be involved. While you see who is interested, you can get plans for what is to happen firmed up.

Lion El' Jonson
Jan 24th, 2003, 03:15:31 AM
My baby? Damn, it's pretty ugly...:lol

Okay, I'll try. I might not have much time on the computer next week, though. Just to let you know.

Kelt Simoson
Jan 24th, 2003, 04:24:12 AM
ALRIGHT GUYS LISTEN UP

From now on end i need eatch and every jedi that are coming to the dance to place down firstly there date ( or invited person) and 4-6 people that you would like to get to know within the Jedi.
This is for sorting our the tables, please dontspam and please try to seperate it from normal chatter so o dont loose your list.

My invited guest: Lilya Goldberry

5 peeps: Sejah, Kindo, Wei, Navaria, Loki

Sejah Haversh
Jan 24th, 2003, 04:28:04 AM
Well, I've been invited by Destiny Stormrider, so, count her in too.

...I hope I don't get stood up. I mean, it takes so long for my to wash and dry my fur, and then there's the whole getting dressed up part, and tthen which shoes to wear....

And my list...

Robot
Alan Joyce
Kanji
Kelt (don't really know you IC)
AmazonBabe
Anbira

James Prent
Jan 24th, 2003, 04:56:48 AM
*pokes at thread* whatwhatwhat?

No, really, I think I get it. :)

James doesnt' know anyone. :cry

Navaria Tarkin
Jan 24th, 2003, 10:24:35 AM
Hrm ... Well, I am going with Sanis :)

As for Jedi ...

Like to be at the table with Fig-man ... never had a thread with him IC as far as I can remember. Sejah, Lion, Oriadin and Kelt

EDIT - Is a stupid head. I forgot about Kindo ^_^

Oriadin
Jan 24th, 2003, 10:35:06 AM
Well, Ive asked Ryla but so far had no reply yet.

Id like to go with everyone but since I cant I'll just name a couple.

Anbira
Navaria
Kelt
Lion
Jackson Mcgraves
Xazor

But really, anyone. These are just names of people id like to get to know and havent had much dealings with in the past :)

Sene Unty
Jan 24th, 2003, 10:38:14 AM
I will go with anyone who is willing....I have no favorites because IC Sene knows barely anybody.

Come to think about it OOC either......

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 24th, 2003, 11:45:14 AM
No date YET (have someone in mind, I do), don't mind where I go.

James Prent
Jan 24th, 2003, 01:24:00 PM
Well just put me somewhere. I'd love to RP with Anbira and some of the older Jedi. Or, "More experienced" Jedi.

Experience is gooood... ;)

Shanaria Fabool
Jan 24th, 2003, 02:24:20 PM
No date as of yet, don't care where I go.

Xazor Elessar
Jan 24th, 2003, 04:52:03 PM
I am inviting: Terran Starek :love

And I'd like to get to know better:

Oriadin
Anbira
Straffe Stormrider
Jackson McGraves
Figrin D'an
Ryla Relvinian
Akkrabim

:D

Destiny Stormrider
Jan 24th, 2003, 05:36:42 PM
Like Sejah said, I'ma be there! :D I don't mind who I'm with though.

Ryla Relvinian
Jan 24th, 2003, 07:15:11 PM
I've had a few (yowza!) offers, but have to make up my mind... As for where you throw me, I don't mind one way or the other. :)

Jamel Croko'yn
Jan 24th, 2003, 07:29:08 PM
Man, moving quickly--well I haven't had anyone invite me, nor have I thought of which I'm to invite. I know whom I'd like to get to know though..

Figrin D'an
Ryla Relvinian
Sejah
Shanaria Fabool
Navaria Tarkin

Zeke
Jan 24th, 2003, 08:03:53 PM
Zeke will invite Torriana Marx if she can be bothered with it. People I wanna hang with?

Sejah
Oriadin
Akrabbim
Sage
James Prent

Lion El' Jonson
Jan 25th, 2003, 04:00:37 AM
Lion will go with anyone that asks him, since he's so pathetic...:cry

People Lion wants to hang with...

Xazor
Nav
Oriadin
Zeke
Ryla
Dasquian (I'M SORRY!!!!! I FORGOT YOUUUUUUU........)

...and other peepz, but this is all I could think of at the moment.

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 25th, 2003, 02:00:55 PM
O, btw, Dasquian will be going with Ryla.

Jamel Croko'yn
Jan 25th, 2003, 02:25:37 PM
Oooh, lucky bastard, lol :D

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 25th, 2003, 02:26:44 PM
Indeed :)

Ryla Relvinian
Jan 25th, 2003, 03:02:02 PM
*laughes nervously* egads, I never knew she was such a hot commodity... :D

Lion El' Jonson
Jan 25th, 2003, 08:11:57 PM
She? You're referring to yourself in the 3rd person? :lol

Jamel Croko'yn
Jan 25th, 2003, 09:30:25 PM
Optisim even effects those of the Jedi Order

**Says in a Yoda style, as he shakes his head**

Lion El' Jonson
Jan 25th, 2003, 09:48:49 PM
How embarrassing...How embarrassing...

Okay, enough spamming, we've got to get back on topic. Does anybody have an idea for keeping track of all these dates?

Aejin Rahn
Jan 25th, 2003, 10:16:47 PM
Aejin is completely and utterly new. The only person he knows of in this entire order is Estelle. He knows no one. So, I don't know if I will show up here.

Would love to. Just don't have the IC time with anyone.

imported_Terran Starek
Jan 25th, 2003, 10:49:46 PM
:love (Terran and Xazor on that night!)

I will definitely be there. You know, I hardly ever just surf the Temple anymore, and I didn't see this thread till Xazor brought it to my attention! I need to be in the loop! :p

I would invite some people...but everyone I would invite has already been previously invited by another invitation from a different inviter.

Lots of invites in that paragraph! :lol

Vega Van-Derveld
Jan 26th, 2003, 05:39:06 AM
Lion -

Dates:

Sanis/Nav
Terran/Xaz
Dasquan/Ryla
Kelt/Lilya
Sejah/Destiny

;; peers about to find more ;;

Lion El' Jonson
Jan 26th, 2003, 05:56:17 AM
*:cry's because he's all alone*

:lol

Thanks Jen, this'll help a lot with planning the tables and stuff.

Vega Van-Derveld
Jan 26th, 2003, 09:27:19 AM
Have you been talking to Kelt about all this? He seems to have some pretty good ideas about the four tables.

Estelle Russard
Jan 26th, 2003, 10:57:17 PM
I think the separate table/thread idea is excellent. Helps to solve the problem Maximas and Oriadin mentioned.

I dont mind who I am seated with - anyone is good, but would mention Im a slower poster timewise and so this might be good for ppl to mention as to seating arrangements.

Also, Estelle invited Iago Kent to the dinner, and so they will go together.

Jamel Croko'yn
Jan 26th, 2003, 10:58:58 PM
-_-

Dumped againt ::Puts his finger up in a showing that he needs to get hitch-hike on the road::

Someone invite me come on...

lol

Kelt Simoson
Jan 26th, 2003, 11:56:18 PM
edit of the tables in my next post....

Zeke
Jan 26th, 2003, 11:58:11 PM
Stick Torriana Marx at my table...I'm bringing her as m'date

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 27th, 2003, 12:01:04 AM
There's a fair few on my table I already RP with now or in the past - I prefer epopel I never have done anythign with, if possible. If not, I'll do :)

Kelt Simoson
Jan 27th, 2003, 12:13:44 AM
Okay the following names are those of which have posted here staiting they are coming to the party, dates mentioned and prefered people to sit with. If i have missed anyone out give me a nudge and i'll add you.

Table 1 (Yogs)
Yog
Dasquian Belargic
James Prent
straffe stormrider
Ryla
Akkrabim
Jamel
Aejin
Kindo
Azure

Table 2 (Marcus)
Marcus
Kelt
Lion
Navaria
Torriana Marx
Zeke
Oriadin
Sanis
Max

Table 3 (figs)
Figrin
Sene Unity
Jackson Mcgraves
Xazor
Estelle
Terran
Iago Kent
Anbira
Faboo

Table 4 (Amazons)
AB
Kindo
Wei
Maia
Sejah
Robot
Kanji
Alan Joyce
destiny Stormrider
Sage Hazzard

Jamel Croko'yn
Jan 27th, 2003, 12:18:58 AM
Whoooo hoooo I got Yogs! :dances:

Estelle Russard
Jan 27th, 2003, 12:25:39 AM
Im very happy with the table Im at - Estelle hasnt interacted with ANY of these ppl I dont think.

wow, keep up the good work there Kelt.

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 27th, 2003, 12:33:51 AM
Yeah, good point you made Kelt over AIM, not many people I havent played or talked against :)

That'll do for a table. Good work

Shanaria Fabool
Jan 27th, 2003, 12:35:11 AM
:mad "You forgot to put me on a table....and since the last post I made, Jamel Croko'yn has asked me to go with him. So If you could put me with him, :rolleyes well That would make it easer to be on a date with him." :D

imported_Terran Starek
Jan 27th, 2003, 11:04:56 AM
Nice table placement, Kelt. You read my mind perfectly. :D

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 27th, 2003, 11:06:32 AM
Very pleased with my table, I am :D

Zeke
Jan 27th, 2003, 11:08:47 AM
Works for me! :D

Jan 27th, 2003, 02:03:05 PM
I like the table I'm at so I'm happy.

By the way I'm going solo to the party.

Drake Lonerunner
Jan 27th, 2003, 04:18:01 PM
Can i have part of this party??

Sene Unty
Jan 27th, 2003, 09:45:14 PM
Sweet job Kelt. I am real happy with my table.....:D

I'm gonna go solo if anyone wanted to know :)

Navaria Tarkin
Jan 28th, 2003, 12:11:48 AM
I'm good with it :)

Oriadin
Jan 28th, 2003, 03:11:39 AM
Happy with my table, although, is Sanis going? I was under the impression he wasnt a Jedi. Or is it he got a special invite? Happy either way just curious.

Lion El' Jonson
Jan 28th, 2003, 04:15:55 AM
I'm extremely happy with my table. Great job, dude. It's good mix between Vets and Newbs, and it's a good assortment of people I know OOC but not very well IC.

Plus, I got Marcus...:p...He'll probably have to whack Lion around the head to keep him from messing up the tablecloth.

Kelt Simoson
Jan 28th, 2003, 11:34:44 AM
thank you thank you, i take a long bow here, there and everywhere. :D

Vega Van-Derveld
Jan 28th, 2003, 12:03:18 PM
although, is Sanis going?

He's going with Navaria :)

Ki-Adi Kindo
Jan 28th, 2003, 06:35:45 PM
I'll be there, and with Azhure Darkstone.:)

Aejin Rahn
Jan 28th, 2003, 10:05:58 PM
I like where I'm at. Good Job, Kelt.

Maximas
Jan 29th, 2003, 05:49:38 AM
Could I be added to the list please. Anywhere would be fine but Ive only really Rp'ed with Estelle so probably be best if I was at a different table to her. Thankyou :)

Kelt Simoson
Jan 29th, 2003, 05:43:42 PM
Kindo and Azure: Yogs table
Max ole buddy ole pal: Marcus' Table
Miss Faboo: Figs table...

Shanaria Fabool
Jan 29th, 2003, 06:41:03 PM
I don't want to seem picky, but you spelled my name wrong, it's Fabool not Faboo , and you put me on Fig's table when my date is at Yog's. That would make it a little hard to be on a date.

My date is: Jamel Croko'yn

Just incase you didn't see on my last post.

Lion El' Jonson
Jan 30th, 2003, 03:16:12 AM
You're going with Jamel??? Ech...:lol...naw, jk.

So, if oyu're with Jamel, wemight want to switch...erm, Straffe, perhaps, with you. Jamel seems extremely happy where he is right now with Yog.

Just a suggestion, tell me if you have any objections Straffe.

Kelt Simoson
Jan 30th, 2003, 03:27:39 AM
Table update

And i missed the L off Fabool?...it was a typo man bear with me doing, this was a pretty long process so gimme a break okay? cant have everything perfect :\. None-the-less its changed.

Table 1 (Yogs)
Yog
Dasquian Belargic
James Prent
straffe stormrider
Ryla
Akkrabim
Jamel
Aejin
Kindo
Azure
FABOOL

Table 2 (Marcus)
Marcus
Kelt
Lion
Navaria
Torriana Marx
Zeke
Oriadin
Sanis
Max

Table 3 (figs)
Figrin
Sene Unity
Jackson Mcgraves
Xazor
Estelle
Terran
Iago Kent
Anbira

Table 4 (Amazons)
AB
Kindo
Wei
Maia
Sejah
Robot
Kanji
Alan Joyce
destiny Stormrider
Sage Hazzard

Lion El' Jonson
Jan 30th, 2003, 07:41:01 AM
Thanks Kelt. I know it took you a hella long time to put this stuff together.

One thing...table 1 has a few more people than tables 2 and 3. I have no problem with it, as long as Yog is willing to handle all those peeps. I think we should stop adding people to table one until we get it just a tiny bit more balanced out.

Not that I really care, but I think table 1 might become a storm of posting if we add any more people to it right now.

Once again, thanks for your help, dude...:lol

Maximas
Jan 30th, 2003, 09:02:54 AM
Great work. Im very happy with my table thanks :)
I'll do my best to keep up with the posting.

Zeke
Jan 30th, 2003, 09:48:02 AM
FABOOL

If that don't do the trick, I dunno what will. :lol

Shanaria Fabool
Jan 30th, 2003, 10:24:04 AM
Thanks for changing things for me. This is much better!

:thumbup

Kyle Krogen
Jan 30th, 2003, 02:49:41 PM
i want to come too

Ki-Adi Kindo
Jan 30th, 2003, 03:45:15 PM
Erase Kindo from the Amazon's list, since he's now on the Yog's.

Drake Lonerunner
Jan 30th, 2003, 04:13:28 PM
could i take part in this also????

Jamel Croko'yn
Jan 30th, 2003, 09:33:41 PM
Whoooo hoooooo, I'm at a cool table ::dances::

Kyle Krogen
Jan 30th, 2003, 09:54:49 PM
im not at any table *trips Jamel*

Jamel Croko'yn
Jan 30th, 2003, 10:07:08 PM
::falls to the ground and ends up doing the worm::

Kyle Krogen
Jan 30th, 2003, 10:12:48 PM
oh yeah thats nothin *starts spining on his head*

Jamel Croko'yn
Jan 30th, 2003, 10:45:44 PM
::Pushes him with the force and laughs at 'em::

Shanaria Fabool
Jan 31st, 2003, 10:25:29 AM
:: Starts wondering if she made a mistake agreeing to be Jamel's date.

Navaria Tarkin
Jan 31st, 2003, 11:21:10 AM
GUYS- Do not spam this thread anymore ... I don't want other people that want to be involved in the dinner being lost in this chaos.

thank you

Kyle Krogen
Jan 31st, 2003, 02:56:48 PM
can i get a table????

Vega Van-Derveld
Jan 31st, 2003, 03:05:47 PM
I'm sure once Kelt checks the thread he will put you on one.

Kyle Krogen
Jan 31st, 2003, 11:50:10 PM
ok

Jamel Croko'yn
Feb 1st, 2003, 12:00:22 AM
Not to sound rude, cause it's not even directed in an insult but Kelt could you take up the idea of not putting too many people on 1, I've counted and it seems somewhat unbalanced and maybe putting Kyle on one of the others, specially on the last one so he'll get to interact with all those cool Padawans & Knights (Ord., Sejah etc. etc.)

Sage Hazzard
Feb 1st, 2003, 03:17:44 AM
Sage-

You placed me perfectly Kelt. I know absolutely no one at my table IC. Even me an AB have never really done a RP together. Perfect placement! Sage will have some new friends after this. :)

Oh, and I'm not bringing a guest. Me and JediBeldarine are together IC, so Sagey wouldn't stray and he'd really wouldn't bring a friend as he's the 'meet new people' type.

Syrius -

Could you include him? I play him and Sage both. I'm battling weither or not I'd want him placed at Xazor's table. On the one hand she's his master and he likes her, but on the other hand he'd want to really let loose without his Master's eye on him. I'm going to find a date for him... I'll post who later, once I get someone to come with him. :)

Okay, I'd like to request not to be placed at Xazor's table, since Syrius is a independant person and at a social get together, he'd want to be his own man. Not his Master's Padawan. So other than that and the fact I'd like to be placed with my future guest, I have no table preferance. :)

Kelt Simoson
Feb 1st, 2003, 07:42:16 AM
Originally posted by Jamel Croko'yn
Not to sound rude, cause it's not even directed in an insult but Kelt could you take up the idea of not putting too many people on 1, I've counted and it seems somewhat unbalanced and maybe putting Kyle on one of the others, specially on the last one so he'll get to interact with all those cool Padawans & Knights (Ord., Sejah etc. etc.)

Jamel im trying to place ppl on tables with peoepl they hardly know, if they are balaced in the event of me doing this then so be it, its the only way it can work, plus to the fact they are very little unbalaced...

Edit of tables comming soon....

Kelt Simoson
Feb 1st, 2003, 07:47:01 AM
Table update

Table 1 (Yogs)
Yog
Dasquian Belargic
James Prent
straffe stormrider
Ryla
Akkrabim
Jamel
Aejin
Kindo
Azure
FABOOL

Table 2 (Marcus)
Marcus
Kelt
Lion
Navaria
Torriana Marx
Zeke
Oriadin
Sanis
Max
Syrius

Table 3 (figs)
Figrin
Sene Unity
Jackson Mcgraves
Xazor
Estelle
Terran
Iago Kent
Anbira
Kyle

Table 4 (Amazons)
AB
Wei
Maia
Sejah
Robot
Kanji
Alan Joyce
destiny Stormrider
Sage Hazzard

Oriadin
Feb 3rd, 2003, 07:49:20 AM
Do we have a date or an idea of when this is going to begin yet?

Loki Ahmrah
Feb 3rd, 2003, 09:01:03 AM
Is there anyway Loki can be thrown into the mix too?

Zeke
Feb 3rd, 2003, 09:07:26 AM
Oriadin: How about we give another week for latecomers, then start the 4 threads? And Loki will be added when Kelt checks next.

Wei Wu Wei
Feb 3rd, 2003, 09:14:45 AM
Table 4 (Amazons)
AB
Wei
Maia
Sejah
Robot
Kanji
Alan Joyce
destiny Stormrider
Sage Hazzard

I feel included! Thank you all! Sure am glad I was curious about Zeke's post and read the thread. :D I'll be there!

Oriadin
Feb 3rd, 2003, 09:19:11 AM
Sounds fine to me. Whenever really. Just curious to whether a date had been set or not :)

Shanaria Fabool
Feb 3rd, 2003, 11:33:41 AM
A question...Is there going to be a dress code? Like do I nead a dress, where an everyday outfit, or find the rattiest outfit I can, or go nude. Or will it be any of the above?

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 3rd, 2003, 01:40:40 PM
However much attending the dinner nude would please some members, I’m not sure it would classify as acceptable dress for a formal dinner :D

Kyle Krogen
Feb 3rd, 2003, 03:56:06 PM
silly das :lol :)

Drake Lonerunner
Feb 3rd, 2003, 05:00:16 PM
:lol :lol
;) good 1

Zeke
Feb 3rd, 2003, 05:04:55 PM
I think it should be semi-formal...no tuxedos or anything, but something that looks nice and doesn't give the impression that you just picked up the least smelly thing on your floor.

Drake Lonerunner
Feb 3rd, 2003, 05:09:26 PM
that sounds goodcim for it

Jamel Croko'yn
Feb 3rd, 2003, 08:04:14 PM
Jamel's going to go in his Jedi Garb

Helenias Evenstar
Feb 4th, 2003, 06:10:58 AM
When are you planning to start this, Master Lion?

Hrolthar Benatoer
Feb 4th, 2003, 06:52:33 AM
Kelt would never wear a Tux so that ideas out of the question for him..:)

Oriadin
Feb 4th, 2003, 07:59:15 AM
Helen, the page before this one discussed the meet and greet starting in about a weeks time.

Ki-Adi Kindo
Feb 4th, 2003, 07:31:08 PM
Kindo's going in a blue duct-tape suit. Either that or speedo.

Helenias Evenstar
Feb 6th, 2003, 01:58:59 AM
Kindo's going in a blue duct-tape suit

You do that, I will personally execute you for visual pollution

:angel

Shanaria Fabool
Feb 6th, 2003, 12:38:18 PM
Originally posted by Zeke
I think it should be semi-formal...no tuxedos or anything, but something that looks nice and doesn't give the impression that you just picked up the least smelly thing on your floor.

So would wrapping myself in plastic wrap be approprate?

Kyle Krogen
Feb 6th, 2003, 01:33:28 PM
:lol :)

Zeke
Feb 6th, 2003, 01:56:45 PM
Shanaria, if you do that, I will join Helenias in killing the inappropriately dressed.

Drake Lonerunner
Feb 6th, 2003, 03:09:10 PM
so my birthday suit is out of the question

Shanaria Fabool
Feb 6th, 2003, 04:46:34 PM
Originally posted by Drake Lonerunner
so my birthday suit is out of the question

:( That's what it sounds like. :(

Drake Lonerunner
Feb 6th, 2003, 05:12:08 PM
:( Aww man i love that suit, it makes you feel so free:angel

Shanaria Fabool
Feb 6th, 2003, 05:14:41 PM
I know what you meen.... But we live in a world where true freedom is hard to get.

Drake Lonerunner
Feb 6th, 2003, 05:29:57 PM
well what can we do?? Fighting the system just gets you knowere

Shanaria Fabool
Feb 6th, 2003, 05:35:09 PM
Originally posted by Zeke
Shanaria, if you do that, I will join Helenias in killing the inappropriately dressed.

And it looks Like, from the comment above, here you get killed if you fight the system. :(

Lion El' Jonson
Feb 7th, 2003, 12:59:45 AM
BTW, I'm not dead...just, erm...sleeping...:lol

No, I've been on vacation since it's Chinese New Year, everything in Beijing is shut down, and I'm nice and cozy in my REAL home in California.

I'll be back to China by Sunday, and hopefully able to resume my posting frenzy...and this dance...MUHAHAHAHA!

Laterz all, and sorry 'bout my absence...:p...

~Lion~

Drake Lonerunner
Feb 12th, 2003, 04:24:12 PM
peace out