PDA

View Full Version : My son..my daughter...they're here!(Zeke, May, closed)

Jhony
Jan 17th, 2003, 11:06:12 PM
Jhony flings the doors open and looks around. No directory. No way to find the room of Zeke. He's remembering now, coming slowly out of the amnesia he's suffered with for four years, and coming quickly from the drunken stupor he left the Bar and Grill in. He runs off down the hall, reading nameplates as he goes.

"My son. Where's..."

A Jedi shoots him an odd glance.

"My son is here!"

Jhony stops at a fork in the hall. Which way to go? He turns right, looking frantically, then turns at the end of the hall and runs back the other way. Nothing! He finds the elevator and pushes the button. He loses patience and runs up the stairs, tripping over them in his hurry. On the second floor he finds it, a door with three nameplates. The second name is "Zeke"...

"SON!"

He throws the door open and looks in.

"Zeke! Are you here?"

Zeke
Jan 17th, 2003, 11:09:52 PM
Zeke is chatting with May. They've finally succeeded! Zeke has acquired a ship, the Happy Child, and it is berthed in GJO's main hangar. The door flies open and Zeke raises a brow at Jhony.

"Yeah...it's me. Chill old man, what's going on?"

May Peris
Jan 17th, 2003, 11:12:32 PM
May looks up with a startled gasp.

"Who..."

This man is awfully familiar...his style of dress...those sunglasses...

"D...dad...?"

Zeke
Jan 17th, 2003, 11:15:58 PM
"Huh?"

Zeke looks back to Jhony with a cautious, curious gaze.

"Pops...?"

Jhony
Jan 17th, 2003, 11:20:54 PM
Both of them...just as he remembers...at least, what he can remember of them is the same. Zeke's arched brow and thoughtful smile...May's tendency to put her hands to her mouth when she gasps...They've even maintained their old hairstyles, though May's twin ponytails seem to have been through a small makeover.

"Yeah...It's me...Captain Jhony..."

He removes his sunglasses, revealing brown eyes identical to May's. He thinks he may cry from the sheer joy he feels. At last...he remembers...just seeing his children's faces is enough to bring the past into the light.

"Rasputin Jhonathan Peris, Captain...former...Captain...of the Happy Child...I'm back, guys...I'm home..."

May Peris
Jan 17th, 2003, 11:27:56 PM
May, for the first time in four years, is without words. It's her father. Her actual father!

"Daddy..."

She lunges and throws her arms around his waist, burying her face in his chest. It's just like when she was a child...

"We...we thought you were dead...I thought you and Zeke both were dead...It's been so long! So long..."

Zeke
Jan 17th, 2003, 11:34:36 PM
Zeke stands back and let's May hug him. She's his biological daughter, after all. She deserves it, especially having to grow up so fast after the disaster of the first Happy Child's destruction. He, too, has no words. May is alive...and his dad is alive...

"Not a total failure, after all..."

Jhony
Jan 17th, 2003, 11:42:33 PM
He hugs May tight, suppressing his tears at the moment. It's good that she can still cry. When she was a child it was odious to her, the notion of crying...

"Yes, well...I'm alive. I've been wandering for four years, searching for you two..."

Zeke's comment brings a small smile to his face. Just as May hated to cry as a child, Zeke hated to fail. Both spent a good deal of time doing both when they were little. It taught them to smile and be happy, despite their hardships.

"Do you remember...the secrets of happiness?"

May Peris
Jan 17th, 2003, 11:46:50 PM
May nods.

"One: To have good friends, who will never abandon you. Two: To have one special person who loves you, no matter what."

Zeke
Jan 17th, 2003, 11:49:49 PM
"Th-three..." Zeke says, fighting the rising lump in his throat, "Good food. Four...to make others happy..." His voice fades and he looks away, so they won't see him cry.

Jhony
Jan 17th, 2003, 11:52:24 PM
Jhony nods.

"Yes...I...I lost sight of it...I became a drunkard, a wastrel...drinking myself into a stupor and starting a fight just so I could get out of the bar...I became a shell of a man...but not once did I quit in my goal. I persevered. I found you. So...maybe...I can find the truth in those words once more."

May Peris
Jan 17th, 2003, 11:58:09 PM
May sniffles, guilt rising in her heart.

"I...I stopped looking, after a mere month...I was twelve...I kept your advice in mind, but rarely practiced it at all...I grew up fast, learned to be an adult in a month...I waited tables for four years, taking a waitress job in places I can't name...and don't care to remember..."

Zeke
Jan 18th, 2003, 12:06:05 AM
"I never even tried to find survivors...I was ejected into space in a cardboard box! I fell unconcious due to lack of oxygen, and awoke in the med bay of a New Republic cruiser. I assumed everyone was dead, and held onto the secrets of happiness. For four years, FOUR YEARS, I practiced unconditional happiness, while the rest of the world ridiculed me for being so happy after such a tragic event had happened in my life. I came to the GJO to prevent the destruction of the Happy Child from happening again..."

Jhony
Jan 18th, 2003, 12:11:20 AM
Jhony sighs and moves to Zeke's sofa, taking a seat with his children.

"It must've been hard on both of you...I'm sorry. We have much catching up to do...who goes first? No sense in dwelling on the past. Let's talk about now."

May Peris
Jan 18th, 2003, 12:15:11 AM
"Zeke found us a ship...another Happy Child...it looks the same, right down to the paint job..."

Zeke
Jan 18th, 2003, 12:18:39 AM
"I got it for free too...I owe Dae Jinn thanks for that...she disguised me as a Sith Lord, and I was able to get it for free, just by the clothes I wore..."

Jhony
Jan 18th, 2003, 12:50:31 PM
"A better trade was never made, Zeke."

He sits back and looks to the ceiling, putting his arms around his kids.

"What did the old ship look like?