PDA

View Full Version : Hey Non-USers

Jamel Croko'yn
Jan 17th, 2003, 07:48:20 PM
Do you know if your Edcuational System has a proficiency test to get out of high school before the graduation, which is equavilant to that of a high school graduation form?

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 18th, 2003, 03:26:49 AM
We don't have graduation at High school, as far as I know o_O

You can GCSE's (General Certificate of Secondary Education) when you're 16 - you normal do about 10 subjects, then take A(dvanced) Levels when you're 18 - normally 3 or 4 A levels, then go on to Uni.

Sarin Vorrann
Jan 18th, 2003, 11:40:49 AM
<<Desaria

In Germany, one takes his arbiturs early in schooling and development. It decides where one goes in life. If one has a better git as using ones hands, he shall be weened in that field and go to a like school. Intellectually gifted students are sent onto the gymnasion and then university. This is where the sciences, arts, and such are developed.

They are very, very rigorous. At least in the Saar.

Ryla Relvinian
Jan 18th, 2003, 09:26:53 PM
Sounds like good systems, but I would be working at WallMart right now if the US was run like the UK. Let's just say I was... slightly less than motivated in High School. :D

*Steals Leggy pic and runs away* nya ha ha!

Jamel Croko'yn
Jan 18th, 2003, 10:56:34 PM
::Trips Ryla and grabs her running away::

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 19th, 2003, 03:31:55 AM
;; swats Jamel and yoinks avatar back ;;

Let the man have his thread, folks :mneh

imported_Taja Loraan
Jan 19th, 2003, 03:14:03 PM
In Bangladesh, and pretty much every other country in Asia I should think, you take O Levels (if you're studying in an English medium, and not the native tongue). They're like GCSEs, but much harder. School here is a wasted institution and nobody really bothers going for any reason other than socializing.. everybody does private classes. You can take as many or as few O Levels, and in as many different sittings as you want, at whatever age. If you do well and want to apply for a scholarship without bothering with A Levels, you can take your SAT I and SAT II and go off somewhere else, if you can. Otherwise, you do A Levels, and either hope to get admitted into a private university over here, or beg your parents to pay for you to go abroad.