PDA

View Full Version : Eppisode III News (Posible Spoilers - Masked)

Oriadin
Jan 17th, 2003, 06:35:01 AM
Over at www.cinecon.com Lucas has let some details out reguarding the film. Apparently Leia and Luke will be infants in the film.

Lucas was also asked if he cared about criticism of Hayden Christensen. "Not a bit," Lucas said, "this is a talented kid. Years from now people are going to say, was he always so good, and look at Clones, and realize yes."

JMK
Jan 17th, 2003, 08:36:02 AM
Well the news that we knew would come is at least being confirmed. I don't really have any problem with Christensen, I think he was really good except for in a couple scenes.

Oriadin
Jan 17th, 2003, 08:40:54 AM
I agree. Portman was the weakest link in my opinion but I can still enjoy the film plus she looks quite nice :D

JMK
Jan 17th, 2003, 09:32:59 AM
Quite nice indeed!:D

CMJ
Jan 22nd, 2003, 10:02:51 AM
I thought Hayden got a bad rap, he was terrific in AOTC.

Oriadin
Jan 22nd, 2003, 10:11:17 AM
Yeah, I agree with you there. All the other actors in the film rave about him to. That tells you something when the other cast members have faith in their co workers.

JMK
Jan 22nd, 2003, 10:45:14 AM
I thought he was very good as well. Maybe a couple lines were delivered awkwardly, but when doesn't that happen?

Another spoiler has come through: Apparently there are lots of sketches, paintings and other types of pre production art taking shape of a Volcanic world. Now couple that with the fact that Lucas had some team film an erupting Volcano in Italy during AotC's production and you have a pretty convincing argument that this world will appear in Episode 3. Is this the spot where Anakin and Obi Wan have it out for the last time? Is this Palpatine's HQ? Personally I doubt the footage they filmed will actually be used in the movie, but it's probably going to serve as a model to ILM & Skywalker Sound on how volcanoes look & sound so they can work their magic around that.

JMK
Jan 22nd, 2003, 11:12:02 PM
And there's a great big spoiler in the form of an audio clip at TF.N starring none other than James Earl Jones, involving Anakin's demise. Maybe he's just talking about what he knows, but then again, maybe he's been told something...

Heero Luna
Jan 23rd, 2003, 02:45:41 PM
I personally think Christensen did well in AOTC. Put his performance next to them of McGregor, Portman and even Jackson at times, and he possetively shone.

To much blue screen work makes Ewan a dull boy in my eyes. He's proved his worth as a serious actor in many films, both before and since Star Wars, but so far Obi Wan has proved all to wooden. Only his look carries his casting for the role as far as I'm concerned.

JMK
Jan 24th, 2003, 09:12:16 AM
I think Ewan is doing a fine job. I think its more to do with his character than his acting. Obi Wan is not a particularly colorful guy, I find he plays the role of the "stick in the mud" quite well. That's just me though.

Heero Luna
Jan 24th, 2003, 01:01:41 PM
That is definately part of his characters lack of personality. But I feel the main reason so many bad performances litter AOTC is Lucas and his lack luster approach to directing his actors, or is it just an inability?

Either way...(and I do expect someone to bring up another way) Films like LOTR's bring home just how much a well directed cast can add to, if not carry a film ahead of spectacular effects.

I still love it though..

JMK
Jan 24th, 2003, 07:01:47 PM
I don't think its an inablility, its more of a forgotten thing for Lucas. In my mind he's definetly placed effects ahead of acting which is a huge mistake.

But you're right, I still love it. :)

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 24th, 2003, 10:41:03 PM
I think he is more plot orienated and less character focused. Actually I think the plot is more important but that is just my opinion. I think all the major players did a good job, though I agree Hayden did the best, with Ewan not far behind.