PDA

View Full Version : Council vote discussion

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 16th, 2003, 10:06:04 PM
Any questions, comments, etc, put em here.

BTW, anyone else can help me with vote tallying?

Figrin D'an
Jan 16th, 2003, 10:12:03 PM
Originally posted by Marcus Elessar
Any questions, comments, etc, put em here.

Roger roger.

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 16th, 2003, 10:12:58 PM
Thank ye, kind sir ^_^

TheHolo.Net
Jan 16th, 2003, 10:13:31 PM
Hmmm, A poll could be used since I am able to see who voted, and could regulate anyone from double voting.

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 16th, 2003, 10:18:20 PM
Probably not real doable, considerign that we would be adding and deleteing people all the time. I dont think it will really work for the type of voting / accepting and declining. Plus, we're always tradiionally had an open vote.

Loki Ahmrah
Jan 16th, 2003, 10:18:27 PM
Only problem with that would be that we don't have a quota of Jedi to choose from save from the masses of eligable candidates. It would be one big poll to make plus there is the risk of missing someone out.

TheHolo.Net
Jan 16th, 2003, 10:19:26 PM
If nomination and voting were split into two processes it would work, which is actually more logical though more bothersome, but no problem.

Figrin D'an
Jan 16th, 2003, 10:25:36 PM
Something to think about for next time perhaps, when we have more lead time to prepare.

Zeke
Jan 16th, 2003, 11:23:24 PM
Couldn't the list of potential masters in the RC be considered a list of eligible candidates? With the exceptions Marcus mentioned, of course...It'd help the new people alot to have a list, and with some minor editing that could be it.

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 16th, 2003, 11:31:40 PM
No, because not all Knights / Masters are listed there. It might be up to date now, but that may not be the case in the future, unless someone keeps it up to date.

Zeke
Jan 16th, 2003, 11:33:49 PM
Ok. Just a thought.

When we're nominated, do we accept here or there?

TheHolo.Net
Jan 16th, 2003, 11:37:16 PM
With the addition of an accept/decline nomination system, it may be best to split the vote into two seperate processes anyhow. (in the future) One nomination process and one vote process.

As it is now, there are likely to be many edits of votes due to members declining or being disqualified, which makes the tally process very difficult.

In a two process system, voting would not begin until the nominations are decided. With two seperate processes vote casting will be much simpler to tally in either a poll or a human count system.

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 16th, 2003, 11:53:18 PM
The biggest problem we have always had is that the time to vote is always realised quite late. This time last year, it was only a week.

So realy, what we should do is work out how the votes are to be done well and truly before. We should be giving ourselves mroe time to decide and work out flaws and problems.

By the next vote we shoud have -

- Up to date Eligible Knights / Master's list
- Fixed procedure.
- Made sure all Jedi have access to IC Avalon

Some of the changes made thids time were mooted during the last vote. We always seem to get the ideas and work out flaws while the process occurs, because we're not thinking about it at any other time. And I guess next vote, we'll yet again say "Why not this?" and and everyone will think... why the hell didnt we think of that before..? no matter how well we think we're got it sorted out in this discussion.

Edit - this isnt a finger pointing post I might add. It's jsut saying, well, we always seem to do the elections on the fly, cause no one thinks about them at other times. While I believe is quite true. No real fact of anyone, I guess we all have other things tot hink about :)

Zeke
Jan 17th, 2003, 12:03:43 AM
Would seem Jamel has put me forward for nomination...I accept!

Sage Hazzard
Jan 17th, 2003, 01:49:38 AM
I have an issue that I need help with. My character might not meet the criteria.

A) He is technically stranded on Coruscant. Although the RP is done all by me (unless someone wants to join in) and should be done... tomorrow probably. I know what's supposed to happen. I can probably write it out tonight and have it posted soon. So, am I eligible in that respect?

B) I can og have a problem going MIA. I actually don't foresee doing that for a LONG time. Since last time I was MIA I couldn't wait to get back here. Actually, it started when my computer started acting funny after a lightning storm. I think lightning hit the phonelines and shocked the modem. We finally got it to work. Then, I just didn't want to come back yet. Honestly, I felt a bit ashamed because I didn't know how I would be recieved, and because I was enjoying the free time I had. So in all, only the last third of my MIA was by choice. So, I might have SOME credibility left.

This all leads me to a delima(sp?). I feel wrong making the decision for myself. Should I accept the nomination or not? I was amazed I was voted for actually, I didn't think I'd have to make this decision.

Morgan Evanar
Jan 17th, 2003, 08:49:21 AM
A) The order has technically on Coruscant now. Unless your character is debilitated in some way that he is not mentally fit for duty (mine is) there is no issue.

B) Sage, next time, get some library access and let us know. I have free dialup modems. Like four of them. They sit in drawers.

Navaria Tarkin
Jan 17th, 2003, 10:44:40 AM
Crazy question :) We are starting the voting pretty early... not that it is a bad thing of course, but when does the voting end?

TheHolo.Net
Jan 17th, 2003, 10:48:29 AM
Voting ends 1-31 according to Marcus' first post in the other thread, and it does seem early to me too. I thought we were supposed to vote in Feb, not by Feb. :: shrug ::

Vega Van-Derveld
Jan 17th, 2003, 10:51:32 AM
I'm sure I said this last time we had a vote, but I think the previous vote was done early also

Sage Hazzard
Jan 17th, 2003, 01:09:07 PM
Ah! The library. Good idea Morg. I didn't even think of that, because I don't even have a library card. Shouldn't be problem with my connection though anymore. I probably subconsciencely(sp?) didn't want to do what needed to be done, because I honestly needed a break. I'll be sure to take the effort to get a message to you guys about my absence next time.

Well, Sage is kind of banged up. Actually, really banged up. Though he could just call the order... Well, he's going to Naboo to find out about the real cause of his mother's death, so he will be offworld. In RP time it's only a couple of days after he left to fight a bunch of Sith, so his character would still be presumed present.

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 17th, 2003, 03:58:29 PM
Voting ends 1-31 according to Marcus' first post in the other thread, and it does seem early to me too. I thought we were supposed to vote in Feb, not by Feb. :: shrug ::

We have been out of step witht he months listed at the top of the forum for over a year. I went back and checked - for last year at least we're done the same. Vote by the month listed, not in the month listed.

AmazonBabe
Jan 17th, 2003, 06:58:13 PM

I'll chip in if I see stuff needs updating. :)

Iago Kent
Jan 18th, 2003, 01:23:05 AM
I know I'm new here but I can help with the vote counting too, if need be. :)