PDA

View Full Version : Case Modding

Darth Viscera
Jan 16th, 2003, 03:55:54 PM
I paid $55.00 to a guy named Jim, The Mod Doctor (mailto:builtford_tough@yahoo.com) to spruce up my case. I consider the $55 worth it, because I have no idea how to use a jigsaw or how to drill through steel. And no, I'm not interested in purchasing a jigsaw or taking courses. Yeesh!

Anyways, the case is going to look ridiculously awesome now. I got a huge 12.5" window, a green cold cathode light with the on/off switch on the panel, and 2 80mm green LED fans installed IN the window. I ordered the light, fans, and 2 fan air filters and had them shipped directly to him, then UPS'ed him the side panel of my case so he could mod it.

You can leave the first picture to your imagination. An ordinary detachable left side panel for an Enlight case.

Attached is 2nd picture, next post will be 3rd picture. 2nd picture is the side panel after the hole was drilled in it and the rubber lining put in to hold the window, and the 3rd picture is an approximation of the 2 80mm green led fans as they'll be positioned when the window is put in, and the green cathode mounted and turned on. It's going to look like the kinda light that a Borg Cube puts out.

:rollin :rollin :smokin :D

Darth Viscera
Jan 16th, 2003, 03:57:17 PM
Here's the 3rd picture

Master Yoghurt
Jan 16th, 2003, 04:05:55 PM
Looks nice. Thinking about doing a some case modding, except I dont plan to do the window cutting thing myself. My computer case may have the sidedoor replaced with a windowed one, and those are available for purchase. The cathode lights and LED's etc, I would install myself. Some window etching would also be cool.

Darth Viscera
Jan 16th, 2003, 04:07:50 PM
Just make sure the cathodes are easy to install. Most come with power inverters, and you have to solder things together, etc. I've soldered once in my life, and I think it killed it.

ReaperFett
Jan 16th, 2003, 04:17:31 PM
nice

Dark Lord Dyzm
Jan 16th, 2003, 06:46:30 PM
now buy a Punisher, or Alien, or Spiderman Fan cover. Or others which you can find. Adds a cool look.
I would buy the Skull Myself, and why spend that much on case changing. You could of just bought a windowed side from the company that makes them.
(Actually, not all of them offer, maybe 1 in 9)

Edit: Actually, that was an educated guess, It is an option on mine, but it might even be less.

Darth Viscera
Jan 16th, 2003, 07:56:17 PM
Sorry Dyzm, you're wrong. Getting my side panel professionally modded was a last resort, after I looked at over a thousand sites, checking to see if anyone sold a pre-modded side panel for the Enlight 7237 cases. No one does. I even bought one that was supposed to be generic from newegg, hoping it would fit, no luck. I asked around, everything.

This was the only option for me in order to get my case modded. If I had had an Antec case, I could have bought a pre-modded window, but I don't.

Dark Lord Dyzm
Jan 16th, 2003, 11:49:55 PM
Wait... So How am I wrong? I see myself as right, I never said they had one for each PC now did I? Read my post again please.

Darth Viscera
Jan 17th, 2003, 12:45:23 PM
You could of just bought a windowed side from the company that makes them.
(Actually, not all of them offer, maybe 1 in 9)

Enlight does not offer pre-modded side panels. So no, I could not have just bought a windowed side from the company that makes them.