PDA

View Full Version : Council Voting time....

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 15th, 2003, 08:26:51 PM
Time flies :)

Anyway, wanted to run this one by ya all first.

I'ld like to make one change to the voting procedure - normally we just say anyone out of thr list of Knights / Masters. However, this time around I'd like to call for people to nominate themselves in or out and produce a vote roll. Also maybe it be worthwhile to explicity say Knights recently promoted are not eligible.

TheHolo.Net
Jan 15th, 2003, 08:29:59 PM
Normally its considered bad ettiquite(sp) to nominate oneself and I think the humbleness that most self respecting people have due to that typical ettiquite(sp) may make some worthy of nomination not be nominated, but I could be wrong.

Sounds cool to me, even though I'm only a Padawan. :lol

Morgan Evanar
Jan 15th, 2003, 08:39:22 PM
From an IC standpoint Morgan is disqualified.

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 15th, 2003, 08:43:06 PM
It's more of a call of "Eligible, not eligible" and also, anyone who doesnt answer is deemed non eligible.Give ema bout two weeks, that should be fair.

I'd also would liek to make it clear that Council Memebrs a) Must keep up with anything in Avalon IC and b) Actually be around for the full term. Like, where the HELL did Laim get to?

And IC, I'm out as well

TheHolo.Net
Jan 15th, 2003, 08:46:26 PM
So those nominated must decline or accept the nomination to make the cut? (or decline by default if no answer)

That sounds much better than self nomination, and if implicitly stated should work well.

I agree with all so far. :)

And my previous Padawan thingy means...

IC: I am disqualified. (willingly and gladly)

heh

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 15th, 2003, 08:54:39 PM
Not quite what I had in mind, but you have said makes good sense - we'll roll with that instead

So, would this work - Set up vote thread, with appropriate notes, then as Knights / Master are voted for, they must call themselves either in or out. No answer is out.

Yes?

TheHolo.Net
Jan 15th, 2003, 08:59:55 PM
Right. That is my thinking.

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 15th, 2003, 09:01:19 PM
Cool :)

Few more comments? Aye? Nay?

TheHolo.Net
Jan 15th, 2003, 09:08:09 PM
Originally posted by Marcus Elessar
I'd also would liek to make it clear that Council Memebrs a) Must keep up with anything in Avalon IC and b) Actually be around for the full term.This definately needs to stay too. As an accepted or declined responsibility, councilship can be considered more of a responsibility than a status symbol from now on and that being part of the deal helps solidfy that definition. (not saying it is just a status symbol now, but that some may think/have thought of it that way. Possibly Liam)

Navaria Tarkin
Jan 15th, 2003, 09:54:46 PM
Perhaps it is the fact that I just got back from school o_O but could someone just list what the procedure will be then I can give input :)

Figrin D'an
Jan 15th, 2003, 10:03:42 PM
I have no problem with any of these proposed changes. Some of them are long overdue, IMO.

TheHolo.Net
Jan 15th, 2003, 10:07:21 PM
Originally posted by Navaria Tarkin
Perhaps it is the fact that I just got back from school o_O but could someone just list what the procedure will be then I can give input :) Those nominated for council positions must decline or accept the nomination to make the cut of nominees for election? (no answer equals decline)

Knights recently promoted are not eligible.

All Elected Council members must:
a) Keep up with everything in IC Avalon.
b) Actually be around for the full term. (3 to 5 months)

TheHolo.Net
Jan 15th, 2003, 10:10:16 PM
Maybe staff can quiz (semi easy questions only) Council members on IC Avalon posts that are 5 days or more old to see if they have been read at the least.

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 15th, 2003, 10:10:22 PM
Nav : Basically, as follows -

I'll set up vote thread, in doing so I'll stipulate the resposibilies of someone on the Council and also that as your name comes up in voting, you MUST either accept or decline. No answer means decline. You may declare your ineligibility at any time.

Eligible Knights MUST have have been Knighted before the previous counicl thread.

Morgan Evanar
Jan 15th, 2003, 10:12:08 PM
IMO Liam is disqualified unless he sticks around during the next cycle. He then can qualify for voting in May. I doubt it will happen.

You can't put up votes for people who aren't there. Actually, he's been pretty much non-existant for every term he's served, but people bitched at me the last time I brought it up. I do read every thread in there, just not every day: sometimes I have other stuff to do, especialy on weekends.

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 15th, 2003, 10:18:29 PM
Understood people are busy and stuff (Wish I was :/ ) but Liam's absence is well beyond acceptible. I would totally agree with disqualification.

I think one of the simple things that will show if someone is actualy there and aalso takign notice of Avalon is the Council votes for promotions. Two weeks in vote is not on . That's the type of thing that should be done with a couple of days, max.

Apart from Laim, this council hasnt been too bad IMO.

TheHolo.Net
Jan 15th, 2003, 10:19:13 PM
Something like what happened to Dasq would be an exception to the rule but does not need to be explicitly stated beforehand.

She announced she was moving and lost connectivity for a week with just cause. Moving IRL

The reason I say not explicitly stated beforehand is so that paltry made up excuses will be less likely used in place of real credible ones.

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 15th, 2003, 10:24:18 PM
Hye, if someone says they are going offline for a while and has the curtesy to say it first, then that's much appreciated and to be respected. Also, I think we get to know if someone is an excuse maker fairly quick

TheHolo.Net
Jan 15th, 2003, 10:26:11 PM
I move for disqualification of Liam as well, based on extended inactivity and unreliability.

Navaria Tarkin
Jan 16th, 2003, 09:33:32 PM
Yes I agree.. he appeared and said he was going to be back and hasn't shown up on top of not really being around.

As for these rules, I like ... not sure about a quiz tho o_O most of us have school and the prospect of being quized here, persinally doesn't appeal to me .. no offense

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 17th, 2003, 12:18:52 AM
http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26519

If I read this right, Maia and Dios are either leaving or have left GJO (In Dios's case, that's not a bad thing), which I would believe would disq Maia.

Sage Hazzard
Jan 17th, 2003, 01:32:32 AM
I'll also disqualify myself if you guys think I should. I'd love to be on the council, but I know I'm an active MIAer. I doubt anyone will vote for me anyway, since I haven't been around. But I would hate to make this decision by myself. I would think I fall in the same catagory as Liam. So if I'm voted, I'll probably disqualify myself. What do you guys think?

BTW, I like this idea.

EDIT: Everyone is still elegible to vote, right? Even though I've been inactive, I can still vote, correct?

Morgan Evanar
Jan 17th, 2003, 06:53:20 AM
AFAIK yes.

Navaria Tarkin
Jan 17th, 2003, 11:01:42 AM
Well, Sage, you were wrong about people voting for you :p As for MIA status, considering you came back I am waiting for you to disappear again :lol It always happens with you unfortunately but it is always good when you are back.

Maia and Dios are leaving and trying to take some people away kinda ... hrmp

Sage Hazzard
Jan 17th, 2003, 01:19:20 PM
::Has no clue what Morgan just said::

Well, if it's okay with everyone, I think I'll go ahead and accept. From what I gather, the punishment is not being elegible for the next council vote. Well, maybe this could establish my credibility. I'm sorry about things in the past but I want to start over and gain some respect in that area. Maybe if I stick around and show some responsibility I can redeem myself.

So I'm thinking I'll accept. Although I'd like to hear what Marcus and/or SWFans says.

Morgan Evanar
Jan 17th, 2003, 01:32:35 PM
As Far As I Know, yus, you can vote. You'd have to loose access to Avalon to loose that.

Figrin D'an
Jan 17th, 2003, 02:13:44 PM
Seems a few people have voted for me as well... I wasn't anticipating that... :\

I'll accept the nomination I guess.

Navaria Tarkin
Jan 17th, 2003, 08:29:02 PM
:: glares at Sage ::

My opinion means nothing!!! :mad

:p

Just stating what I think and of course you shouldn't base your decision on just me. Prove me wrong .. ;)

And who wouldn't vote for Fig-man! :D

Ryla Relvinian
Jan 17th, 2003, 08:59:45 PM
Sorry for coming into this so late, this term is being a bee-yotch. At any rate, I think this is good idea, and IC I accept the nominations. I enjoy being on the council. :)

TheHolo.Net
Jan 17th, 2003, 10:01:56 PM
I'm okay with it Sagre, as long as you fully understand the new incognito = lose your council spot rule.

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 17th, 2003, 10:27:58 PM
Maia and Dios are leaving and trying to take some people away kinda ... hrmp

Them leaving - dont care. Try to take peopel away... BIG CARE. Not on at all.

TheHolo.Net
Jan 17th, 2003, 10:30:09 PM
Smells a little to me like the TSE SWR deal of months ago. We've all seen how well that went.[/sarcasm]

Morgan Evanar
Jan 17th, 2003, 11:11:50 PM
Yes, the SWR plane took off perfectly smoothly, only for them to realize none of them knew how to fly an airplane.

Sage Hazzard
Jan 18th, 2003, 01:35:16 AM
:lol @ Morgan

Your opinion matters Nav! I didn't think you were telling me not to accept, just that you were confirming the fact I go MIA WAY to often. I think I'll accept it. Actually, I think I've made up my mind. If I blow it and don't perform my duties, then that'll be an even bigger punishment than not being able to be on the council. Because I'll lose TONS of respect for being so irresponsible.

Oh and if I somehow win a spot over Helenias(because we're tied currently)or something, then that is one of the biggest mistakes over a vote in centuries. Because I don't really see how people are voting for me, since I've only been posting OOC since I've gotten back, and council is IC. But if the people decide they want me, then I'll gladly serve. It's just I think everyone nominated so far is WAY better suited to serve than me. But I'll try and serve rightly if by some lunacy I do get elected.

Morgan Evanar
Jan 18th, 2003, 12:06:00 PM
Sage: if you go MIA, let us know, and we can put someone in your place. I got some amended rules in around 8 months ago where council members can be removed due to absence without notice.

Ryla Relvinian
Jan 18th, 2003, 09:33:30 PM
Yeah, we can get a giant cardboard cutout of you and leave it in the council chambers.

Or a blow-up doll.

No? :D

Navaria Tarkin
Jan 18th, 2003, 09:42:54 PM
we'd have to make sure no one fondles the blow up doll though ...

Morgan Evanar
Jan 18th, 2003, 09:46:58 PM
I don't want to know where the valve stem is.

TheHolo.Net
Jan 18th, 2003, 09:49:04 PM
-_-

Sage Hazzard
Jan 19th, 2003, 12:45:03 AM
:lol Okay great. Knowing someone can take my place puts my mind at ease. I'll accept the nomination. :)