What was it you wanted
Could it be I'm haunted

But it's not so bad
You're only the best I ever had
I don't want you back
You're just the best I ever had
The best I ever had
The best I ever

A cross-legged figure sat staring up into the concrete before him on the modest lawn of the Living Quarters. The patch of grass he was on was barely enough to seat him, the rest swallowed by the structures around it. A long sigh passed his lips as it seemed as though everywhere he looked there was the same endless row upon row of buildings. It was as though the people of Coruscant were desperate to eradicate any trace of nature and greenery that they could find. Being so accustomed to the outdoors, Dasquian was at a loss.

His head visibly sagged as sadness started to come over him once more. An unoccupied mind leads to a state of depression and so the Jedi found himself treading over familiar territory in his mind. With the loss of comforting sights and absence of a close friend to speak with, his thoughts turned to failures, mistakes and past grievances.

It radiated from him, seeping outwards like a fog, encompassing the grass beneath him. Slowly, the tips of the green strands began to darken, withering in pain’s choking grasp.

Lilya Goldberry
Jan 15th, 2003, 04:12:11 PM
"'Quel re, Dasquian."
A soft vice spoke behind him. Lilya Goldberry looked down at him with a small smile. She wore her long gray cloak, hood pushed back, gold ringlets pulled back into a long braid. She kneeled on the hard ground beside him, fingertips trailing through the dying grass. She frowned, sadness passing through her as she looked around at all the huge structures that surrounded them.
"I miss the trees too.."

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 15th, 2003, 04:27:10 PM
The voice snapped him away from himself as the grass slowly began to heal over. It didn’t matter much whether Dasquian affected it or not; sooner or later it would be ploughed over like everything else, and devoured by modern life. The smog of pollution could not be fought back forever. Cheer up though, he thought, there’ll always be somewhere in the universe that will be just out of reach of change – your memories.

“Many of us do… I regret voting in favour of coming here, however beneficial it may be to our duty.”

Lilya Goldberry
Jan 15th, 2003, 04:58:34 PM
"hmm, I am sure even here there must be some green spaces.."
Her eyes lit up, as she remembered what she had in her quarters. She rose to her feet, smiling down at him. "Khila amin."

She turned, walking back towards the Living Quarters. "Come on, I have something to show you."

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 16th, 2003, 02:24:48 PM
A small smile coming to his lips, Dasquian hopped up to his feet. Anything had to be better than staring dismally out into the Coruscant skyline.

Lilya Goldberry
Jan 16th, 2003, 03:45:34 PM
They walked throught the winding halls of the Living Quarters, Lilya leading the way. She finally stopped at a room in a quiet hall. "Here we are."

She smiled and opened the door, walking into the sunlit room. It was sparsely furnished. A bed off in a seperate area with a small dresser and closet, a worn sofa and a table near the kitchen.
The sitting area was filled with plants. It was like a tiny indoor garden surrounding the sofa and filling most of her quarters. In the center of all the different vegatation was a tiny fountain, made to look like a waterfall. She walked further into the room, gesturing for him to come in. "Would you like anything? A drink, something to eat?"

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 16th, 2003, 04:09:22 PM
Dasquian was all too happy to follow. His eyes were immediately drawn to the greenery and the fountain center piece. A sense of calming washed over him as the door to Lilya’s quarters closed, and in doing so shut out the modernised world they lived in. Looking down into the water of the tiny waterfall, Dasquian watched his rippling reflection as a broader smile began to spread over his lips.

“A drink would be wonderful, if it isn’t too troubling. I’m sure anything you have is wonderful… your taste has been, thus far, impeccable,” he remarked as he moved over to take in some of the flora, absorbing every detail eagerly.

Lilya Goldberry
Jan 16th, 2003, 04:32:32 PM
Lilya disappeared into the kitchen, returning with two glasses of a clear sweet liquid. "Thank you, Dasquian...I don't think I could stand living in this forest of buildings with-out a green place to come to."
She handed him his drink, taking a sip of hers and sighed. "You would think that the Jedi would have more green space..."

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 16th, 2003, 04:37:21 PM
Dasquian accepted the drink with a thanking nod and took a small draught – it was so sweet that it bordered upon sickly, but he liked it none the less.

“I suppose everyone travels so much they don’t think we need anywhere here to relax, aside from Yogs.”

But I can’t even go there, he thought to himself, because I know she will be there. Another drink and he forced himself to look back down into his reflection, pushing thoughts of Xazor out of his head. Back to the small talk.

“But then there aren’t many of us who value nature greatly. I imagine Mistress Mystt might have quite an impressive garden somewhere, knowing her love of plants…”

Lilya Goldberry
Jan 16th, 2003, 05:37:18 PM
"Mm, I have yet to meet her, I have met very few of my fellow Jedis since I have been here...I..was invited to a fellow padawans room..." She shivered, thinking of her "visit" with the young boy who's name was still unknown to her. She stared down at her glass, shaking a little. "I don't think I will be doing that again."
She removed her cloak, setting it on the sofa before sitting. She still was shaking, but she calmed herself and looked over at him. He seemed to be thinking, for something...troubling by the brief frown that passed over his lips.
"What is wrong?"

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 17th, 2003, 07:33:34 AM
“You just seem very… shaken. Are you alright?”

Das frowned, “… What happened with the other Padawan?”

Lilya Goldberry
Jan 17th, 2003, 10:26:04 AM
"He, was the boy, the one who stumbled into Kelt's room. He...said he loves me, or loved me, I tried to leave, he locked the door and blocked my path." She looked down, her eyes begining to water. "I smacked him, pushed him out of the way and ran."

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 17th, 2003, 10:28:06 AM
Such a distressing show of behaviour should not go unnoticed, Dasquian thought. He set a hand on Lilya’s shoulder, offering what comfort he could.

“Do you know the boy’s name or who he’s training with by any chance..? I imagine his Master would like to speak with him about something like that.”

Lilya Goldberry
Jan 17th, 2003, 10:45:48 AM
She shook her head, wiping her eyes before smiling weakily at him. "Amin hiraetha...I don't know...Amin hiraetha, I ..I'm not used to being around so many others, perhaps it was my fault.."
Her voice trailed off softly, and she sighed. "I wish I could just stay in here, with my plants, and not have to worry about anything sometimes...I feel like I will not make a very strong Jedi."

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 17th, 2003, 10:57:49 AM
“You have an excellent Master, Lilya and a strong will. I can sense you will be an excellent Jedi someday,”

The Jedi Knight wore one of those smiles he had become so good at expressing. It was reassuring, even in the most drastic situations, and at the same time still remained incredibly warm and caring.

“You could even train in an area like this if you wanted to. I’m sure Xazor would be more than happy to take you off-planet to train in the woods… I’ve done that with Padawan’s before, myself. Excellent experience.”

Lilya Goldberry
Jan 17th, 2003, 11:31:47 AM
Lilya smiled back, wiping the last of her tears from her eyes.
"I would like that.." She tilted her head slightly and her smile softened. "Thank you for listening...Now, as I asked you before, is there something troubling you? You seemed..in a less than wonderful mood when I found you outside."

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 17th, 2003, 12:23:27 PM
“I guess I’m just a little down…”

His eyes fell.

“I feel quite distanced from the Order at the moment, in terms of friends and such. It seems as though since… what happened with Xazor, a lot of people haven’t spoken to me.”

Lilya Goldberry
Jan 17th, 2003, 09:57:32 PM
She frowned. "Surely a man who is as wonderful as you has plenty of friends. I don't know what happened between you and Lady Dawnstrider, but," she took his hand in hers and gave it a reassuring squeeze. " I know you are a good person, I'm sure you did what had to be done, what was best for you to do at the time."

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 18th, 2003, 08:21:45 AM
“I’m afraid I only seem to speak with my brother, Kelt, Xazor – infrequently – and Sejah. On one hand, I suppose this is good, since it will allow me to focus more on Council duties.”

Dasquian forced a small smile, nodding to himself.

“...You seem to know Kelt quite well,” he then added, remembering how he’d stumbled in on the two.

Lilya Goldberry
Jan 18th, 2003, 09:27:32 AM
Her cheeks flushed a dark red as she remembered Kelt taking her by the hand and pulling her into his room after he had nearly hit her with an arrow.
"I uh I.." She laughed. "I don't really know what to say! Kelt seems like a very sweet man, albeit a bit clumsy. But very nice. I don't know him as well as I'd like to."

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 18th, 2003, 11:54:35 AM
Clumsy. Dasquian had to laugh at that. Kelt was one of the most unfortunate people when it came to bumbling antics. One moment he would have a straight face, the next he would have fallen head over heels and landed unceremoniously on the floor.

Prompted by Lilya’s change of moods, Dasquian pulled back his hand and folded his arms behind his back. The Jedi Knight nodded.

“As long as you don’t plan on leaving I’m sure we’ll all have plenty time to get one another much better. Perhaps you can even meet my… dwarf apprentice, Hrolthar.”

Lilya Goldberry
Jan 18th, 2003, 09:32:14 PM
"I don't have any other place to go, really, my place is here. A dwarf apprentice? That must be interesting." She grinned and took another sip of her drink. "Do you have many apprentices? I have yet to meet many of my fellow padawans. I suppose that is my own fault, I spent much of my time here with my plants."

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 19th, 2003, 06:32:24 AM
“I have quite a few, all of whom show great promise for becoming Jedi Knights soon… well,” he paused, “Aside from one.”

Of course, this wasn’t the Padawan’s fault. She had her heart in the right place, but he wasn’t sure whether the Council would promote a Jedi who could not use the Force.

“She’s a Cizerack, you see – they can’t sense the Force.”

Lilya Goldberry
Jan 19th, 2003, 02:40:25 PM
"Cizer-ack? What is that?"

Lilya wrinkled her nose somewhat. It sounded weird, whatever it was. She figured it was some kind of "alien" -- she wasn't familar with many of the different races who populated the Jedi Order.

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 20th, 2003, 11:10:46 AM
“Oh, they’re like… giant cat people, without any fur. They’re all stripy… you’re not telling me you’ve never seen one before?” Dasquian replied with a lop-sided grin.

“There’s always at least four lurking about in the bar and grill.”

Lilya Goldberry
Jan 20th, 2003, 11:30:43 PM
"Uh, no, haven't had the pleasure," She returned his grin." I did meet a padawan, Koon? Something like that, he was...interesting. I've only been in the bar and grill a few times."

She shrugged lightly then made a face. "I still can not stand the root stew."