PDA

View Full Version : A commitment to dependence (Dae)

SashaKovalev
Jan 15th, 2003, 03:19:01 PM
He knew he’d do it eventually.

Of course, there were a lot of things he knew he’d do eventually. But this one thing was one that he was 100% sure of. He just wanted it to be perfect. Because she didn’t deserve anything less than that.

The problem was…..well….she was a dark jedi. And he was a Sith. And their paths not only conflicted at times, but rarely crossed anymore. And when they did, he wasn’t sure it would be on the best of terms. He had no control over the Sith Order, just as she had little control over the Krath. Not that he even knew the name of the organization to which she belonged. The damned organization that had stolen her away from the order. That had turned their easy world into one of torment and longing. The odds seemed well stacked against them.

He hadnt seen her in….well, he didn’t count the days anymore since he’d last seen her. There were too many. And keeping track only made it more painful.

Instead, he focused on other things. On a day when his life would again be complete – the day the two of them joined together to commit themselves to the greatest commitment of all.

He had no idea when he’d actually ask her. He was still young, she was still young, and neither one of them was really in a position for it to work -–at least – not the way most people made it work. But then, they werent most people.

And he wanted to be prepared. He knew he would do it. He just had no clue when. And when the moment was right, he didn’t want there to be anything that held him back.

And this was what brought him to Coruscant. Not to see her. But to see another. One who could maybe give him a hand in figuring all of this out. Because, as a guy, he needed some help.

And there was one woman that he knew would be just perfect at this sort of thing.

He’d brought her a present as he knocked on her door. Her knew her affinity to the bottle. Her appreciation of the finer things. He’d sent her a message letting her know he was coming to Coruscant, and so it would be little surprise, really, when he showed up on her doorstep.

What would be a surprise, perhaps, was the request he had to make of her.

Dae Jinn
Jan 15th, 2003, 03:31:58 PM
Dae yawned, and stretched on the plush chaise in her parlor, finally slipping to her feet and making her way to the door. She pulled her silky black kimono robe around her and smiled at the young man who stood on her stairs.
"Ooooo, hello there. You're here awfully early." It was around 2 o'clock, but Dae enjoyed sleeping in. She held the door open, and gestured for him to enter the black walled hallway. "Come in come in. Make yourself at home."
She padded softly across the white tiled floors, into the parlor. It was decorated in a sort of old-fashion style, plush red furniture, black wood tables and accents to match the black painted walls. Taking a seat on her chaise she smiled up at him. "So, what's up, Sasha?"

SashaKovalev
Jan 15th, 2003, 03:47:25 PM
Ooooo, hello there. You're here awfully early.

He raised an eyebrow, his gaze flickering to a clock on the wall. It was around 2 o'clock. He shook his head in amusement and stepped in as she gestured him in.

Come in come in. Make yourself at home. She had suggested as she padded across the tiled floors, leading him into a room that instantly made him feel like he wasn’t supposed to touch anything.

With uncharacteristic caution, he took a seat. Normally, he was the type to flop or sink into them, but here, he just didn’t quite dare.

“Uh….not much.” He half lied as he handed her the gift he’d brought. A very fine bottle of imported spirits.

“I just..you know, was around and thought I’d bring you a present.” He replied, his cheeks flushing. Truth was, he was going to need a few good slugs of the present before he was able to blurt out what he had to ask her about.

Dae Jinn
Jan 15th, 2003, 07:46:03 PM
"Uh-huh" She looked the bottle over before rising to place it with several others on a small cabinet by the wall. "Sure, you just happened to be walking around in the Slums and decided to send me a message, saying you'd be over. All on the spur of the moment."
She smiled over her shoulder at him. "What did you want to talk to me about?"
She honestly had no idea what he needed from her -- the last time they had met, they had been racing with Silus. Maybe that was it, but she doubted it.

SashaKovalev
Jan 16th, 2003, 12:15:56 PM
Uh-huh She’d said, clearly not buying his reason for being there.

Sure, you just happened to be walking around in the Slums and decided to send me a message, saying you'd be over. All on the spur of the moment. What did you want to talk to me about?

He took a deep breath and tapped his fingers impatiently on the arm of the chair he’d settled into and debated how to begin.

“I need some advice.” He admitted, leaning forward.

“From woman’s point of view.”

Dae Jinn
Jan 16th, 2003, 07:30:57 PM
"A womans point of view? Why? Planning on wearing a dress to the next Sith shindig?" She laughed, but cut it short when she saw the way he was drumming his fingers.

"Alright, shoot. I'll try to help ya as best I can."

SashaKovalev
Jan 17th, 2003, 01:33:14 PM
A womans point of view? Why? Planning on wearing a dress to the next Sith shindig?

He might have found the comment amusing if he hadn’t been so serious and keyed up about the whole thing. Proposing to someone was a big deal and he hadn’t the faintest clue on how he was supposed to do it. To him, it seemed as simple as asking. But something told him there was likely more to it – if he wanted the answer to be yes.

Alright, shoot. I'll try to help ya as best I can.

He nodded, and while his fingers eventually stopped drumming, his foot did begin to tap on the floor. To see the young Sith this unsettled over something was, to a degree, amusing. What he wanted advice on was for what should have, and hopefully would be, one of the happiest moments of his life. But he was too nervous about it right now to be excited about it.

“Have you ever been….?” Hebegan, his cheeks flushing slightly as he asked the question.

His hand reached to scratch his neck in an almost agitated manner.

“Did you ever fall in love wit someone?” He finally asked.

SashaKovalev
Jan 17th, 2003, 01:33:18 PM
A womans point of view? Why? Planning on wearing a dress to the next Sith shindig?

He might have found the comment amusing if he hadn’t been so serious and keyed up about the whole thing. Proposing to someone was a big deal and he hadn’t the faintest clue on how he was supposed to do it. To him, it seemed as simple as asking. But something told him there was likely more to it – if he wanted the answer to be yes.

Alright, shoot. I'll try to help ya as best I can.

He nodded, and while his fingers eventually stopped drumming, his foot did begin to tap on the floor. To see the young Sith this unsettled over something was, to a degree, amusing. What he wanted advice on was for what should have, and hopefully would be, one of the happiest moments of his life. But he was too nervous about it right now to be excited about it.

“Have you ever been….?” Hebegan, his cheeks flushing slightly as he asked the question.

His hand reached to scratch his neck in an almost agitated manner.

“Did you ever fall in love with someone?” He finally asked.

Dae Jinn
Jan 17th, 2003, 08:20:01 PM
She smiled softly. "Well, I was married, didn't last all that long, but I guess it kinda was love...I love Jeran very much." Her voice went softer as she said Jerans name, a wistful look in her eyes. She truely did love her little hunter, and she knew nothing would change that -- the fact that they were of different sides of the force but still were together proved it. She sighed happily and turned her attention back him. "Why do you ask? Unsure if you're in love with someone?"

SashaKovalev
Jan 22nd, 2003, 11:27:52 AM
Well, I was married, didn't last all that long, but I guess it kinda was love...I love Jeran very much.

He couldn’t help but notice the change in the tone of her voice and the wistful look in her eyes.

Why do you ask? Unsure if you're in love with someone?

He shook his head vehemently.

“I don’t question whether Im in love with her or not.” He replied quickly and with confidence.

“Its just that…” His violet eyes flickered to the floor and then back to Dae.

“Well…she’s not a Sith.” He stated. The dilemma seemed clear to him. He was a Sith – she was a Dark Jedi. And no one in the galaxy – at least that he knew of – seemed to approve. He cared less really, what people thought, but a part of him did question if it was possible. If, in the long run, it would – or could – work.

"She's.....a dark jedi." He admitted with a deep sigh.

"And I dont know what to do about it." He admitted, his voice sounding more like an innocent teen than the young man he was becoming.

Dae Jinn
Jan 22nd, 2003, 11:02:02 PM
"Well, I think I can understand what you're going through." She flopped softly onto the chaise, stretching lazily. "Jeran is a Dark-side hunter, he hunts Dark Jedi and Sith and kills them. And of course, you know I am a Sith. But when we're together, that doesn't really matter much. Not anymore, anyways. The time we spend together is more important than silly affilations, and the Force," she made a disgusted sound. "You have to be true to yourself, not to some thing that divides people. Sith, Dark Jedi. Same thing, both are of the Dark-side, aren't they? So what's the problem?"
She chewed on her lower lip. "I suppose, you could do what I did...Jeran has his own thing, off hunting, I have my big house here in the big city. But we have a home, on a tiny peaceful planet. Where we don't have to worry over light or dark. We're together," She smiled softly."And it's wonderful. Maybe you need to find a place like that for you and your lady friend?"

SashaKovalev
Jan 23rd, 2003, 08:48:33 AM
Well, I think I can understand what you're going through. Jeran is a Dark-side hunter, he hunts Dark Jedi and Sith and kills them. And of course, you know I am a Sith. But when we're together, that doesn't really matter much. Not anymore, anyways. The time we spend together is more important than silly affilations, and the Force. You have to be true to yourself, not to some thing that divides people. Sith, Dark Jedi. Same thing, both are of the Dark-side, aren't they? So what's the problem?

He was about to explain what he perceived the problem to be, but instead she went on.

I suppose, you could do what I did...Jeran has his own thing, off hunting, I have my big house here in the big city. But we have a home, on a tiny peaceful planet. Where we don't have to worry over light or dark. We're together. And it's wonderful. Maybe you need to find a place like that for you and your lady friend?

At this, he nodded, a smile finally coming to his face.

“We talked about doing that…” He admitted, perhaps a hint of shyness entering his voice.

“And I…well, I’ve kind of looked into it. I was going to go in a few weeks to look at some land…”

He shifted slightly, finally relaxing a bit and slouching into the chair.

“But its more than that, Dae….I don’t want just a house with her. I want…..” His words drifted off and his violet eyes flickered off and then back to her.

“I want more than that.” He said, finishing his sentence with determination in his voice.

Dae Jinn
Jan 23rd, 2003, 11:20:32 AM
"Hmm, then have more. I can't do that kinda thing for you."

She smiled then laughed. "So? Are you planning on living together? Marriage? White picket fence with 2.5 children?....I'm hoping you're wanted the first two, because no Sith will ever have a "normal" every-day life."

SashaKovalev
Jan 23rd, 2003, 02:43:29 PM
Hmm, then have more. I can't do that kinda thing for you.

He rolled his eyes at this, a grin crossing his face.

So? Are you planning on living together? Marriage? White picket fence with 2.5 children?....I'm hoping you only wanted the first two, because no Sith will ever have a "normal" every-day life."

He chuckled at this, knowing too well that no day was ever a normal one by anyone’s standards.

“Well…yeah. I think we’re planning to live together at some point. Right now she’s off….with her….” He struggled to find the word, for he hadnt been made privy to the name of her organization.

“Her….group.” He finished, a bitter taste in his mouth.

He shrugged it off.

“But yeah, I want to marry her.” He admitted, realizing that this was the first time he’d actually said that word out loud really.

“I just…well, I don’t know what she expects and I want to do it right.” His violet eyes focused on Dae.

“I thought maybe…maybe you’d have some idea about that stuff….”

Dae Jinn
Jan 23rd, 2003, 09:11:49 PM
"Uh...Well, my husband and I...we got married on a whim. Not the best way to do things. I dont know this girl, but what is she like? Where does she like to be with you, do you have a special place? Does she like surprises, or are you just going to be direct and ask?" She shrugged slightly."I'm sure you want it to be special and romantic. I can't help if I dont know anything about your intended."

SashaKovalev
Jan 27th, 2003, 12:49:02 PM
He found himself relaxing now, even chuckling as Dae began to ask him a million questions about one of his favorite subjects.

“Dae, I could talk about her all day and never even begin to scratch the surface of telling you about her.” He stated, his eyes coming alive with a bright sparkle as he spoke.

“We met at the Sith Order…she lived across the hall from me.” He began, giving her a brief and simple explanation.

“But recently she decided that she needed to leave the order and so before she left…well, we talked about the future and I gave her a ring that my mother always used to wear as sort of a promise that one day I’d ask her for real…”

He flushed slightly.

“I just don’t know when, or where, or how. I mean, I know her, and I know things about her…but…but this is totally different. Girls get all…well…don’t they expect it to be perfect? I just want it to be perfect for her.”

He picked up one of the pillows on the couch, a smaller decorative one and playfully tossed it at Dae.

“You’re a woman. You’re supposed to have the magic answers.” He stated.

Dae Jinn
Jan 27th, 2003, 01:37:25 PM
Dae caught the pillow and tossed it back at him.

"Well....I don't have all the magical answers. But, if she really does love you, it'll be perfect simply because it is you."

She paused, smirking, "Corny, huh? But very true."

SashaKovalev
Jan 27th, 2003, 04:36:14 PM
He caught the pillow and rolled his eyes.

"Dae...." He said, sitting forward a bit.

"Thats just the problem. I'll <smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont> it up somehow. I know I will. I mean, what if I dont meet all of her expectations of what would make it perfect?"

He picked a piece of lint from the pillow and tossed it to the floor before he looked to her.

"You really think it doesnt matter how I do it?"

Dae Jinn
Jan 27th, 2003, 04:52:47 PM
"It does, I guess. I mean, I don't think you'd be the type to just go out and propose and not make it special. And if you keep thinking like that, you will <smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont> up." She shrugged. "I don't know, just do what you think is best."

SashaKovalev
Jan 27th, 2003, 05:25:18 PM
He laughed.

"Im not sure if thats a vote of confidence or not..." He retorted, crossing his arms over his chest and leaning back into the cushions.

"Do you know anything about rings....?" He asked.

He grinned.

"Besides the fact that I ought to have one when I ask her..." He added cheekily.

Dae Jinn
Jan 27th, 2003, 05:27:16 PM
"Traditionally, you get a nice engagement ring, gold, diamond, you know. Or you could make it more personal, with different stones. Why do you ask? Think I'm an expert on these things?"

SashaKovalev
Jan 27th, 2003, 05:32:16 PM
Sasha sighed in exasperation.

"Well....I thought you would. Jesus, Dae, I need some help here. I have no clue what Im supposed to do or not do and I dont want to <smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont> it up!" He replied, the tempermental side of him slowly emerging.

He was head over heels for Fel, and he didnt want anything - not one little thing - to go wrong when he finally asked her.

Dae was a woman that he found attractive, fun and put together. He'd thought if anyone would know these things it would be her. But either she didnt, or she seriously liked torturing him.

Dae Jinn
Jan 27th, 2003, 06:12:27 PM
"Ok ok, sheesh! Calm down."

She rose from her seat, walking out of the room. He could hear her feet going up the stairs, making light pats on the tiled floor.
"I'll help, I just need to get dressed first," she called down to him, then he heard a door shut rather loudly.

SashaKovalev
Jan 27th, 2003, 06:17:05 PM
"I am calm." He muttered with a childish pout on his face. He looked perhaps a bid chided and he watched as she padded out of the room, calling out to him that she'd help.

He heard the slamming of a door and an eyebrow raised for a moment. But then he grinned. She had agreed to help.

Perhaps it was just too early in the....morning...for her.

While he waited for her, he reached for the paper on the coffee table. HIs violet eyes flickered over the headlines. He frowned at one here and there, and then he set the paper back.

His foot tapped not impatiently, but with nervous excitement as he waited for Dae to return.

Dae Jinn
Jan 27th, 2003, 10:37:54 PM
Dae finally came downstairs, a long while later. She had her hair pulled back in a ponytail, make-up done perfectly. She wore a black short sleeved t-shirt, black leather shorts and knee-high boots. Grabbing her jacket from the closet, she smiled as she walked back into the room where he sat.
"Okay, lets go!"

SashaKovalev
Jan 28th, 2003, 12:17:55 PM
“Women….” He grumbled to himself some time later. Why…why did it take them so damn long to get ready?

He finally reached for the paper again and settled back, reading something in the sports section and throwing the paper down with disgust upon seeing that one of his favorite teams had lost their third game in a row.

His annoyance didn’t last long, for as soon as the paper settled onto the coffee table once again, Dae made her grand appearance.

Sasha whistled teasingly, the typical appreciative cat call and stood up, a grin on his face.

“You look great…” He said, complimenting her as he took her jacket from her and held it to help her into it.

“So where are we going?” He asked as they made their way out the door.

Dae Jinn
Jan 31st, 2003, 10:28:07 AM
"Thanks" She smiled, slipping into her jacket. She laughed a little, leading him outside, and locking the door behind them.

"Well, you need a ring, dont you?"

SashaKovalev
Jan 31st, 2003, 01:16:13 PM
He opened his mouth and then shut it again. Yes, in fact, he did need a ring. He had given Fel the ring that his mother had always worn as a promise of sorts that one day he would actually ask her. He sometimes wondered why he hadnt just asked her then – but he knew, when he really thought about it why – it just hadnt been the right time. He hadnt wanted to ask her because they were afraid of losing each other – he wanted to ask her for all the right reasons instead – when the timing was right.

And now he wanted to be prepared for when it was right.

“Yeah, I guess I do.” He replied. When he pictured it, he pictured it as some sort of enormous thing, - a blinding vision that automatically told any man she encountered that she was already taken. A magic ring, of sorts.

He’d never really paid much attention to these things in the past, and it was likely he was in for…well..an eye opening experience to say the least.

Dae Jinn
Jan 31st, 2003, 11:18:06 PM
Dae waited patiently by the street, watching for one of the few cabs that ventured this far into the Slum area to go by.
"Well, we'll go pick one out, maybe think of anything else you'll need...DO you know what kind of ring you want to get her?"

SashaKovalev
Feb 3rd, 2003, 12:17:52 PM
Well, we'll go pick one out, maybe think of anything else you'll need...DO you know what kind of ring you want to get her?

At this question his expression had looked slightly offended.

“Of course I……” He’d begun, and then dropped the façade.

“I have no idea Dae.” He finished, shaking his head.

“Ive never…you know, looked at rings before.” He added, thinking it was as simple as just going in there and pointing at one.

Dae Jinn
Feb 3rd, 2003, 01:26:57 PM
"Wah?" She wrinkled her nose. "You have no idea at all? Sheesh, men..."

A cab slowed, stopping in front of them. A sleazy looking humanoid gave Dae a once over with his eyes and grinned. Dae smirked, climbing into the back of the cab, followed by Sasha.
"Uptown, please, and make it quick." She told the driver, slipping him some creds.
"Well...You'll want something nice. Something special. I'm sure you'll pick out something tasteful."

SashaKovalev
Feb 3rd, 2003, 02:13:13 PM
He didn’t have time to retort to her comment about men. Instead he slid into the seat beside her in the back of the cab. He noticed the rather sleazy once over the guy had given her and with a little help from the force the driver gave a glance in his rearview mirror where Sasha’s less than happy gaze met his in an unspoken challenge.

Not that Dae couldn’t take care of herself, but the guy owed her a bit of respect. Not to mention, he was checking out a woman that Sasha was with, and the code between pretty much called for Sasha to let the guy know he didn’t appreciate the disrespect.

Well...You'll want something nice. Something special. I'm sure you'll pick out something tasteful.

She’d said as the cab cruised through the dirty streets.

He laughed.

“But that’s what I brought [Iyou[/I} along for…” He replied with a lazy grin.

Not that he wasn’t interested in picking out a ring – he was actually excited about it – but he wanted some guidance along the way – particularly that of a woman like Dae who knew these sorts of things.

“So what have you been up to?” He asked by way of conversation as the drive continued, thr streets getting a bit busier as they made their way into the heart of the city.

Dae Jinn
Feb 3rd, 2003, 02:28:16 PM
"Uh...I bought a house. Another one, a nice little cabin on Gias. Hmmm, I started some more training, gone shopping. You know, the usual. You?"

SashaKovalev
Feb 3rd, 2003, 06:34:26 PM
He chuckled.

"Buying a house, training and shopping is the usual, huh...?" He grinned.

"Thats not such a bad life, Dae..." He teased.

He glanced out the window at the passing buildings, then looked back to his friend.

"I dont know, Ive been trying to figure out the meaning to life, I guess." He replied with a roll of his eyes.

And then his expresion became animated.

"I did visit a group of vampires, though....Sith vampires..." He told her. He had loved his trip to Roon, and though part of him told him it was dangerous - perhaps too dangerous for him to go back, a large part of him wanted to.

"Have you ever spent any time with a vampire...?" He asked.

Dae Jinn
Feb 3rd, 2003, 06:43:17 PM
"I spent time with Trace Sha, he's about as pale as a Vampire," she laughed. "But, nope, never seen a real one. Don't really plan to either, I like my blood where it is."
She looked out the window, a shy smile on her lips this time. "Have been spending time with some Jedi though.."

SashaKovalev
Feb 4th, 2003, 02:39:57 PM
Sasha raised an eyebrow.

“Jedi, Dae?” He asked. While his voice did not necessarily carry disapproval, it did carry a tone of concern. That a friend of his would start spending time with jedi…this was….well…worrisome.

“What do you mean…?” He asked.

Dae Jinn
Feb 4th, 2003, 06:26:21 PM
"Not what you're thinking...I'm not joining the Jedi, I just spent sometime with a few..." She laughed, and ruffled his hair. "Silly thing."

SashaKovalev
Feb 5th, 2003, 09:11:58 AM
His cheeks flushed slightly as she tousled his hair.

"So who are these jedi?" He asked as he haphazardly reached to pat his hair back into place.

Dae Jinn
Feb 5th, 2003, 09:19:15 AM
"There was that one who's arm I had broken...." She snickered, ruffling his hair more, liking the reaction she had gotten. "I dunno, I mean, I know a few Jedi, and as long as it's not business, there's nothing wrong with being around a person, is there? If there was, I'd be in big trouble, living with a lighter-sider and all. You have to try new things, meet new people, makes life more exciting in the long run."

SashaKovalev
Feb 5th, 2003, 12:19:15 PM
He shook his head emphatically.

“No, theres nothing wrong with it.” He added quickly.

“Im not trying to say that there is…” By this point, she’d completely ignored his protests and ruffled his hair even more. By now his cheeks were definitely blushing just a bit and he wished he had a baseball cap to just pull over his head.

You have to try new things, meet new people, makes life more exciting in the long run.

He gave an amused exasperated sigh and leaned his head back against the grungy leather of the cab seats.

“My life isnt boring, you know…” He grumbled playfully.

Dae Jinn
Feb 5th, 2003, 07:43:18 PM
"I bet..." She smirked. " So, killed anyone lately?"

The cabbie gave them a quick glance, and was greeted by a look from Dae. She turned back to Sasha and grinned, nudging him.

"Come on, you can tell me!"

SashaKovalev
Feb 6th, 2003, 09:23:15 AM
He noticed the exchange between Dae and the driver and smothered a laugh.

“Only the occasional cab driver….” He replied, nonchalance entering his voice as he lied, rather smoothly, in fact.

He wasn’t the killing kind, really. He had a temper and plenty of anger to fuel it, but generally he stopped short of death. Every now and then, sure, it happened, but for the most part, he lashed out and that was enough for him. It wasn’t that he wasn’t capable of it – for he was. He was perfectly capable of killing without remorse, he just didn’t lust for it the way so many Sith did.

“Im afraid I’ll never be able to break your record….” He added with a grin.

Dae Jinn
Feb 6th, 2003, 09:31:51 AM
"Pftt, yeah, well, that hotel fire probably upped my numbers a bit. We should go out again, and have some fun," she winked. "I'm sure Jeran won't mind me going out with a handsome Sith such as yourself."

With that, she slid a little closer to him, mostly to make him blush more. It was just too funny. She was starting to think of him more as a little brother, than just some Sith friend of hers. "Anyways, since I'm helping you out, I hope I get an invite to the wedding."

SashaKovalev
Feb 6th, 2003, 10:04:13 AM
Pftt, yeah, well, that hotel fire probably upped my numbers a bit. We should go out again, and have some fun. I'm sure Jeran won't mind me going out with a handsome Sith such as yourself.

As she said this, she slid a little closer to him, and he felt the flush creep entirely into his cheeks. He reached for the button to put the window down, thankful for a little bit of air. There was no doubt that Dae was an attractive, seductive woman, and while he thought of her more as a sister, the fact was that she wasn’t, and he couldn’t help having random thoughts that most guys would have when a woman like Dae snuggled up to them.

Anyways, since I'm helping you out, I hope I get an invite to the wedding.

A wedding? Oh man, he hadnt even thought about that part. Hell, he’d never even met Fel’s family. He wasn’t sure if he ever would, though he was looking forward to introducing her to his uncle, Taylor Milard. He was glad to be distracted by this, at the very least.

“A wedding….?” He repeated, his voice sounding the tiniest bit overwhelmed.

“I hadnt thought about that…I guess I was just thinking about being married to her.” He grinned sheepishly.

“But yeah, I’d want you to be there.” He added, his response sincere.

“I just hope she says yes….”

Dae Jinn
Feb 6th, 2003, 10:26:01 AM
"She will, I'm sure she will."

Dae smiled, pinching his cheek. 'You're so cute when you blush, what woman in her right mind could say no to you?"

The cab had finally made it's way to the higher levels of the City, Dae turned and looked out the window sighing softly.

SashaKovalev
Feb 6th, 2003, 10:44:02 AM
She will, I'm sure she will. You're so cute when you blush, what woman in her right mind could say no to you?

These words and the pinching of his cheeks had only made him blush more. He rolled his eyes and grinned, half relieved that the cab had finally reached its destination. Mr. Big Mean Sith was reduced to putty in the hands of Dae, and he was hoping to regain some sense of non blushing.

Sasha paid the cab driver, using a bit of a mind trick to make the driver think the bills were searing hot, just for amusement. And then he opened the door and stepped out, offering his hand to help Dae out as well.

As they both stood on the street, he looked to her and grinned.

“So…where to?” He asked. Around them people were bustling by and the noise of the city surrounded them.

Dae Jinn
Feb 6th, 2003, 10:57:04 AM
"Hmm," she grabbed his arm, leading him through the crowd, heading towards the upscale shopping district. The streets were full of people, mostly the rich and high-class. Dae smiled, looking into all the boutique windows as they passed, finally stopping in front of a rather expensive looking jewelery store.

"Here we go."
She left him to look at the window display, and headed inside.

SashaKovalev
Feb 6th, 2003, 12:18:35 PM
She hadnt explained exactly where they were going, but had instead grabbed his arm and led him off. He paused patiently each time she stopped to look into a store window. Shopping wasn’t exactly something he liked doing, but Dae was going to help him do something he didn’t quite think he was capable of handling himself, and for that he was willing to look at any store she chose.

Here we go. she stated as they stopped outside a rather expensive and pretentious looking store. Security flanked the doors and those walking in and out of it sparkled from head to toe in jewels, or wore rather expensive looking clothing.

Dae left him staring into the window display, and headed inside. He took a deep breath, and headed inside. He wanted the best for Fel, and he trusted Dae to lead him to it.

As he entered the store, several clerks smiled and nodded at him. As one approached him, he searched almost in a panic for Dae.

“Can I help you?” The lady had asked. Her voice was insincere and her eyes seemed to be looking beyond him to the next customer. She was focused only on making as big a commission as possible and he wanted nothing to do with her. He understood it, but the sensitivity the force gave him to being able to read a person as he had made it difficult to want to trust in this woman to find the perfect ring.

Spotting Dae, Sasha shook his head.

“No, thanks. Im with her.” He replied, closing the distance between them.

“She’s uh, she’s going to help me….” He added.

As he approached Dae, he found her browsing the selections, already being offered by another salesperson to try on one of the items.

Dae Jinn
Feb 6th, 2003, 12:26:35 PM
"No no no, I hate gold."

Dae shoved the tiny display box of rings towards the sales woman, a frown forming. "Silver, or platinium. Not gold, at all."

She raised her head, looking at Sasha. 'Hi, see anything you like yet?"
The salesperson wasn't too happy with Dae, and went off to help another more personable customer. Dae rolled her eyes and sighed, "Some peoples children..."

SashaKovalev
Feb 6th, 2003, 06:44:39 PM
Sasha grinned.

"Naw, but then, I havent really had a chance to look, either." He'd caught her saying she didnt like gold, and so this made him assume that he should, too. At least, in looking for the perfect ring.

His eyes glanced down at the cases and cases of jewels and then almost helplessly back at Dae.

"Dont they write manuals on how to do this sort of thing?" He demanded, appearing somewhat frustrated at his lack of knowledge on this sort of thing.

Dae Jinn
Feb 6th, 2003, 08:27:20 PM
"No, silly. You just have to look, and find something you like, and that she'll like."
Dae looked around for the salesperson, finally catching the eye of a well-dressed young man. He smiled at her as he made his way to their counter.
"Hello there," Dae purred, resting a hand on her hip. "We'd like to see some engagement rings please."
The mans smile faded slightly, and he turned, going to fetch the display box. Dae laughed a little.
"Hmmm, I think he thinks we're going to get married..."

SashaKovalev
Feb 7th, 2003, 02:25:45 PM
Sasha grinned.

“I think you just ruined his day…” He commented in return.

While they waited for the man to return, Sasha gave a quick glance around the store. Everyone within it was busy studying jewels that sparkled brightly enough to blind even those with the strongest of shades.

He turned back just in time to see the salesman return to Dae.

“Did you have anything in particular in mind?” The young man asked to Dae.

Dae Jinn
Feb 7th, 2003, 09:14:12 PM
"Something fabulous, price is not a problem. I'm looking for...perfection." She said, picking up a ring from the display box he brought over. It was a simple ring, a silvery band with a small diamond. Dae held up her hand for Sasha to see.
"Hmm, too small, isn't it?"

SashaKovalev
Feb 10th, 2003, 08:43:15 AM
Sasha watched as Dae selected a ring and seemed to study it for a moment.

Hmm, too small, isn't it?

He moved in a bit closer and nodded in agreement. He’d tried picturing it on Fel’s finger, and it just didn’t seem like it would be sufficient.

“Yeah, that’s not the one.” He replied, relatively sure of this right off the bat.

The salesman stepped in at this point.

“Keep in mind that you are looking now for a setting. We will select the stone after. What you are seeing is an example of what it might look like. You can select a larger stone with a similar setting if you prefer.”

Sasha’s gaze shifted from the ring to the salesperson to Dae. He raised an eyebrow as if to say, you didn’t warn me that this was a million step process.

Dae Jinn
Feb 11th, 2003, 09:47:09 AM
She rolled her eyes back at him and laughed, taking the ring off and placing it back into the display box.
"Well, see any you do like."

SashaKovalev
Feb 11th, 2003, 07:19:08 PM
He shrugged, unsure for a moment and turned his attention to the display case. They all glittered and shimmered and seemed to blur into one another. None in this display case seemed to stand out to him.

At least, not as the ring he felt Feliciana should wear upon her finger for the rest of her life.

He sighed, feeling frustrated and completely out of his element. Not normally one to be ready to give up so quickly, it was odd that something so simple could intimidate him the way this task had seemed to.

"I dont know, Dae..." He replied, shaking his head.

Dae Jinn
Feb 11th, 2003, 09:29:03 PM
Dae pushed the display case back towards the salesperson. 'Listen, we're not looking for your average, run-of-the-mill engagement ring here."

She smiled, as sweetly as she could, though her voice was fairly stern with the man. "We're looking for something, special. A one of a kind piece. Do you have anything like that, or will we have to take our business elsewhere?"

SashaKovalev
Feb 13th, 2003, 12:53:56 PM
Dae pushed the display case back towards the salesperson. 'Listen, we're not looking for your average, run-of-the-mill engagement ring here."

She smiled, as sweetly as she could, though her voice was fairly stern with the man. "We're looking for something, special. A one of a kind piece. Do you have anything like that, or will we have to take our business elsewhere?"

The young man appeared a bit taken aback and he held the small display case for a moment before he nodded.

“Yes, we do.” He replied.

“We do have something like that. I didn’t realize….” His words trailed off as he continued to star at Dae for a moment.

“I’ll be right back.” He replied before he rushed off.

Sasha took this time to look to Dae.

“Hey thanks for your help on this….” He stated.

“Im not trying to be difficult or anything, I just…well I want her to know how much she means to me.” He admitted, his cheeks turning a hint of pink.

He didn’t typically like to talk about these sorts of things with anyone, but he trusted Dae.

Dae Jinn
Feb 13th, 2003, 09:25:37 PM
She grinned. "No worries. If I didn't want to be here, I wouldn't be."

She followed the salesman with her eyes, watching him as he went to get a new display box. "I understand, and it's okay. Like I said, no worries."

SashaKovalev
Feb 14th, 2003, 01:06:33 PM
As the salesman returned, Sasha’s gaze fell upon the new display box..

The rings before them were all equally beautiful. The stones were perhaps a little bigger than the other display case, and the settings were different, but at a quick glance, he just didn’t see what he was looking for.

He gave Dae a quick glance.

“What do you think…?” He asked a bit hesitantly. This was much more difficult than he’d thought it would be.

Dae Jinn
Feb 14th, 2003, 11:56:15 PM
Dae had already picked up a ring and was trying it on. It was white gold, with a shimmering pale rose colored diamond. She held up her hand, letting the light reflect off the facets of the stone.
"Hmmm, I like this one," she said, making a mental note to bring Jeran here in the future. "But, it's your desicion."

SashaKovalev
Feb 18th, 2003, 09:22:49 AM
Sasha gazed at the one she had one, nodding absently.

“Yeah, its ok….” He replied, sighing.

“But…I don’t know, Dae, the one Im looking for has more than that…I think she’d want more than just that.”

What he meant was, he wanted something that would make it obvious to others that the one who had asked her to marry him wasnt kidding around – he was serious about her and what they had.

He shook his head.

“Its not there. Its not any of those.” He stated, backing away from the counter in frustration.

Dae Jinn
Feb 18th, 2003, 09:31:42 AM
Dae slipped the ring off, placing it back in the display, and nodding to the now disappointed salesman. She placed a hand on Sasha's shoulder and gave it a reassuring squeeze.

"Well, there are other stores, other rings. You'll find it. Come on, lets go."

SashaKovalev
Feb 18th, 2003, 10:02:17 AM
As they left the store, Sasha looked to Dae.

"What if I never find it?" He asked, being uncharacteristically dramatic.

It was unlike him to be dramatic about anything - and it was likely coming from the fact that this was the single most important purchase he would ever make - and he wanted it to be perfect. so perfect he was afraid they would never find it.

Dae Jinn
Feb 18th, 2003, 10:49:41 PM
"You'll find it. When you do, you'll know it's the perfect ring. Trust me."
She smiled softly as they walked through the crowded streets. "I think, you need to stop worrying, things will work out."

SashaKovalev
Feb 19th, 2003, 04:10:05 PM
He laughed, finally. Now that he was out of the store and away from the pressure of having to find the perfect ring he was able to find the humor in his silly behavior.

“You’re right.” He stated, his normal relaxed grin returning to his features.

As they passed a local tavern advertising lunch specials he began to realize that morning was turning more into noon time, and that ring hunting was making him hungry.

He stopped suddenly in front of it and grabbed Dae by the hand.

“I cant do this on an empty stomach.” He pleaded with a playful grin.

“Can we just get something to eat first….? I’ll buy….”

Dae Jinn
Feb 19th, 2003, 06:09:41 PM
"Fine fine," Dae said, laughing as he dragged her into the tavern. They took a seat at the bar, Dae ordering her usual vodka. She smirked at him.

"You know, I don't see why you were getting all worked up, we'll find what you're looking for."

SashaKovalev
Feb 20th, 2003, 09:53:00 AM
He rolled his eyes and grinned.

"Yeah, I know we will." He replied.

"Its just...." He broke off, shrugging and looking a bit embarrassed.

The truth was that he was pathetically head over heels for Fel and he didnt want to <smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont> anything up. Not the tiniest thing. And the ring part of it was hardly a tiny detail.

"Its nothing." He added quickly, not willing to show this vulnerable side to anyone. Not even Dae.

As the vodka she ordered and the beer he ordered were set before them, he reached for his and took a good slug of it.

"You done any travelling lately?" He asked her, changing the subject to something a bit safer for discussion.

Dae Jinn
Feb 22nd, 2003, 12:12:47 AM
"Nah, not really. Going between Gias and here is about all. Plus my ship was...tampered with. It's in the shop. I have to go pick it up later this week." She shrugged. "How about you? Been off to see this big galaxy of ours?"

SashaKovalev
Feb 23rd, 2003, 09:27:23 AM
He shrugged.

"Lately, yeah, Ive had a chance to get out more. I was working with a few apprentices for a while and it was keeping me at the palace more than I would have liked...." He admitted.

An expression of concern crossed his features.

"Your ship was tampered with?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

"What happened....?" He asked.

Dae Jinn
Feb 23rd, 2003, 09:47:04 AM
"I got stranded on a planet populated by Van Dervelds, and one in particular didn't like how I talked about his wittle daddy." She laughed. "So, he torn a big hole in the hull of my ship and wreck the hyper-drive thingy. It'll get fixed, so no worries."

SashaKovalev
Feb 23rd, 2003, 09:57:48 AM
He shook his head and chuckled.

He'd come face to face with Vega Van Derveld once before and the experience had been less than pleasant. If the other members of the family were as....were like him, then he wasnt at all surprised that Dae's ship had been tampered with.

"Well, at least you know who the enemy is...." He replied.

"What planet was this?" He asked, figuring he'd steer clear of it if at all possible.

Dae Jinn
Feb 27th, 2003, 08:52:08 PM
"Farcinaturoo?" She made a face. "Some crap hole. It was way too cold there.And the peasants are SO rude.."

She took what for her was a modest drink, a large gulp, and sighed. "not much going on though."

SashaKovalev
Feb 28th, 2003, 09:10:31 AM
A thoughtful expression crossed his face and then he shrugged. He’d never heard of the place, but should it come up in his travels, he would more than likely steer clear. For a while.

Forget that. Who was he kidding? It was probably going to be the next place he visited. Just because he’d want to check it out for himself. Not that he didn’t believe what Dae had told him, but he was a curious kid who liked to see things for himself.

His fingers tapped on his pint of beer for a moment, and then he reached for the paper that someone had left there on the bar. The headline was about some New Republic spy who’d been caught. He’d heard bits an pieces of it here and there.

“You heard about this guy?” He asked as he slid the paper over toward Dae.

Dae Jinn
Feb 28th, 2003, 09:42:56 AM
"I don't read the newspaper...too depressing." She looked over the headlines, and frowned. It was about some spy who had gotten caught. "What did he do?"

SashaKovalev
Feb 28th, 2003, 10:20:02 AM
"He <smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont>ed up." Sasha replied, his tone devoid of any trace of compassion or pity. He detested the New Republic almost as much as the Jedi.

"I guess he's been spying for years now, and with all the counts they have on the guy, he would have been better off putting a blaster to his head than the sentence he's going to get...."

He shrugged and reached for his beer.

"I gotta give the guy credit though, I suppose. I'd make a pathetic spy..." He added.

Dae Jinn
Feb 28th, 2003, 10:27:02 AM
"Oh..." Dae smirked. "Why? Got a big mouth?"

She laughed again, and shook her head. "I doubt I'd make a good spy, too hot-headed, I guess. I'm not the most subtle person either."

SashaKovalev
Feb 28th, 2003, 10:29:53 AM
He laughed.

"You're anything but subtle.." He retorted with a roll of his eyes and a grin.

He eyed her for a moment.

"You'd probably be a good spy though, Ive seen you work it with those jedi types..." He added, the tone of his voice lightly teasing.

Dae Jinn
Feb 28th, 2003, 10:48:10 AM
"That's because, unlike most Force-users, Sith business is simply that. Business. If I get along with a person outside of business,it doesn't matter what side they're on."

SashaKovalev
Feb 28th, 2003, 12:32:17 PM
He set the pint glass down on the bar.

"You separate it that easily?" He replied, his voice carrying a hint of amazement in it.

He shook his head.

"Theres maybe a jedi or two that I respect, but their beliefs go directly against everything that the Sith believe. The jedi would put an end to thw way we use the force if they could..." He added.

"You can seriously just put that aside?"

Dae Jinn
Feb 28th, 2003, 09:25:29 PM
"Depends on the situation. I mean, if I'm out doing something horribly wrong and "darkside", then I expect Jedi to come running. But say, I'm grocery shopping, going out for a bite to eat or just hanging around, I could care less. I guess it's because I've never been overly into using the Force, I dunno. It just depends."

SashaKovalev
Mar 3rd, 2003, 04:38:03 PM
He considered this, and then finally, to a small degree, gave in.

"Ok, point taken." He conceded before he took a sip of his drink.

"So what were you going to do today if I hadnt dragged you out of bed?" He asked as he reached across the bar for a menu. The barkeep didnt seem to feel like doing his job, it seemed, so Sasha decided to help himself.

Dae Jinn
Mar 3rd, 2003, 08:08:49 PM
"I dunno, gone shopping."

She shrugged. She didn't do much during the day, she spent most of her days on Coruscant in her home, or shopping.

SashaKovalev
Mar 4th, 2003, 08:57:10 AM
He grinned.

"So Im not exactly interrupting your day....just giving you something in particular to shop for..." He teased.

He handed a menu to Dae and then reached for another for himself. He gave a quick glance at the menu, and not being a picky eater, settled on a burger before he set the menu down and looked to Dae.

"Dae...is there anything you'd change about your life?" He asked, seemingly out of the blue. It was, really, except that for a while now, he'd been doing a bit of thinking about his life, and how there were a few pieces that didnt seem to be falling in line the way he felt they should be.

Dae Jinn
Mar 4th, 2003, 06:41:51 PM
"Uhhh, I don't think so, life is pretty decent right now. I mean, I have someone who cares for me, a roof over my head, food in my fridge. A saber on my belt and lambs left for the slaughter." She said, studying the menu. She looked up at him over it. "Why? Thinking of taking a new path?"

SashaKovalev
Mar 5th, 2003, 04:13:32 PM
He shrugged.

“Not necessarily, just….” He shrugged.

“I don’t know, sometimes I wonder what things would be like if I had chosen a different path.”

He pushed his menu a bit further away from him.

“Not that Im complaining about my life, either. I really don’t have anything to complain about except….”

He caught himself and shook his head.

“You don’t ever wonder at all…?”

Dae Jinn
Mar 5th, 2003, 04:23:26 PM
"Well, I was raised in the nobility on my homeworld, and trained as a warrior since I was a little child, so I don't really know anything else. I don't know, I guess I take things as they come, and deal with what I'm given." She set her menu down, and raised a brow. "If you didn't take the path you chose, you probably wouldn't be sitting here right now. Things might have turned out better, or they could've turned out worse.'

SashaKovalev
Mar 5th, 2003, 09:08:52 PM
He accepted what she told him, and for once, he fully agreed with her. She was right - had he not taken the path he had taken, he would likely not be where he was today, with so much to be happy with and so much to be thankful for.

Still, something nagged at him and in time, in good time, he would come to understand this feeling and what it meant for him.

"So what are getting?" He asked, changing the subject and lightening the mood just a bit. He reached for her menu and piled it on top of his, perhaps sending a slight nudge through the force to the bartender to come take their orders.

Dae Jinn
Mar 5th, 2003, 10:41:06 PM
"I guess a burger and fries," she sighed. "It'd be nice to get some service though!"

Her voice rose slightly, attempting to get the bartenders attention herself.

SashaKovalev
Mar 6th, 2003, 08:49:47 AM
with both of them working on him, it took only moments for the bartender to come back to their end of the bar.

"Yeah, whaddaya want?" He asked, not impolitely, but with a sense of disinterest.

Sasha nodded to Dae, and after she'd ordered, he added in his.

"Same thing...." He stated before the bartender waddled off, and Sasha turned back to Dae.

"Do you really like living here?" He asked as he cast a quick glance around the bar. It was a sort of upscale bar in the middle of the city. People came there for the 'service with an attitude'. Had Sasha known this, he probably would have chosen a different place, for he could have done without the bartender's attitude, for sure.

Dae Jinn
Mar 6th, 2003, 10:06:43 AM
"Hmm, it's alright. I don't exactly live "here"; I live in the lower sectors, where things are much more different. People down there know I'm Sith, and respect, or fear that. Unlike these people, who wouldn't know a Sith from a hole in the wall." She laughed. "Normally I would suggest that we teach them a lesson...but we're here for fun, not for business."

SashaKovalev
Mar 7th, 2003, 07:11:21 AM
He couldnt help but grin.

"But isnt teaching them a lesson supposed to be a 'fun' thing for a Sith?" He questioned, an eyebrow raised curiously.

Dae seemed to make the like of a Sith a business - not a lifestyle or way of thinking. This, he found curious - that she was able to separate the two at all.

Dae Jinn
Mar 8th, 2003, 01:59:41 AM
"Yes, but I can't go around killing every day, it would lose it's fun quickly that way...It brings stupid Jedi's and cops down on you. I live with a lightsider now, so that doesn't help things either..." Another sigh. "Oh well, the things we do for love."

SashaKovalev
Mar 11th, 2003, 08:54:43 AM
As their meals were set before them, Sasha looked to Dae and nodded in agreement.

The things they did - and would do for love.

The bartender had, of course, given them the wrong burgers, and noticing this, Sasha grinned at Dae and the two traded plates.

"So what was it like growing up as nobility?" He asked her as he reached over the bar for the ketchup and offered it to Dae.

Dae Jinn
Mar 12th, 2003, 09:49:27 AM
"It was...different. My parents died when I was little, so I was raised by a different family untill I was old enough to lead my own clan of warriors," She tipped the ketchup bottle upside down and tapped the bottom. "It wasn't like being a princess or anything, you had to settle disputes between clans, usually with violence. My father was a great leader, or so I've heard. He would wipe out anyone who opposed him."
She sighed and dipped a fry in the ketchup puddle on her plate. "People on my planet aren't found of Force-users, so I can't go back home even if I wanted to. I don't mind, this is my home now. I like that I'm not always fighting here..."

SashaKovalev
Mar 13th, 2003, 08:39:22 AM
Sasha popped a fry into his mouth as he listened to Dae tell him a bit about what it had been like for her growing up. He tried to imagine what it had been like for her. To some degree, her life had been like his - they'd both had to grow up before they should have.

But he hadnt been nobility. Still wasnt.

when she was done with the ketchup, he poured some onto his plate, rolling his eyes when too much came out at once, soaking half the fries in liquid tomato.

"What have the people of your homeworld got against force users?" He asked.

Dae Jinn
Mar 13th, 2003, 09:51:42 AM
"They don't like what they don't understand..." She stated simply before taking a big bite of her burger. She made a face, lifting the corner of the bun, and pulling out a big pickle. She plopped it down on her plate and took another bite.

SashaKovalev
Mar 17th, 2003, 10:18:29 AM
He nodded and finally lifted his burger. People generally didnt like what they didnt understand.

"Does it make you sad at all?" He asked, "The fact that you cant go back?"

As he waited for her answer, he finally took a bit of the burger he'd been waiting so long for. He hated shopping in general, but doing it on an empty stomach was even worse.

After lunch, he'd be able to return to the mission at hand with a clear mind - or so he hoped.

Dae Jinn
Mar 17th, 2003, 10:21:46 AM
"Not really...I don't have any family left, no blood relations there, so no real reason to go back. Sometimes I miss it. but I'm okay with it."

She took a drink and sighed. "Although, going back for a visit would make for a fun time."

SashaKovalev
Mar 17th, 2003, 03:46:51 PM
He raised an eyebrow, a mischievous expression on his face.

"And why is that...?" He asked, his voice carrying a teasing tone to it.

Dae Jinn
Mar 18th, 2003, 04:15:17 PM
"Because, could you imagine, a large group of Sith going to a planet where there are no Force users...It'd be interesting to say the least. I mean, it's not like they have any weapons that could stop a saber."

SashaKovalev
Mar 19th, 2003, 10:05:44 AM
Sasha nodded.

"Thats sort of what its like on Corellia. The people there have just gotten used to it, for the most part." He added, referring to where the Sith Order had erected their castle.

"I'd go with you...." He offered.

"I mean, if you ever decide to go..." He played with a fry for a moment before he tossed it back to his plate and took a bite of his burger.

Dae Jinn
Mar 19th, 2003, 08:03:57 PM
'Mmmmhmmm" She mumbled through a mouthful of burger. She swallowed and smirked. "Sure thing. It'll be loads of fun."

SashaKovalev
Mar 20th, 2003, 07:30:07 AM
He caught her smirk and took it as somewhat of a challenge.

"Whats that supposed to mean...?" He questioned, setting his burger down and reaching for the pint of beer.

"I'll bet you that if we went, you would have fun..." He stated, his violet eyes narrowing slightly.

Dae Jinn
Mar 21st, 2003, 10:25:33 AM
"Yeah, I would." She stuck out her tongue at him. "But that's not the point, it wouldn't be much of a challenge, it would be a huge slaughter."

SashaKovalev
Mar 24th, 2003, 11:13:33 AM
He considered this for a moment as he played with another fry.

"Why would it have to be a slaughter? Why couldnt you just try going back?" He asked.

And this was exactly why he was considering leaving the Sith Order - the need for slaughter at every step was not something that he felt. Rather, there was something more, something different.

Dae Jinn
Apr 4th, 2003, 12:31:09 PM
She took a bite of her burger, chewing it while she mulled what he said over. She swallowed and took gulp of her drink before speaking again.

"I could, but I think they would find out eventually that I was a Sith. It would sit well with them."