PDA

View Full Version : Ket Van Derveld (joining?)

Sage Hazzard
Jan 15th, 2003, 02:04:10 AM
He's in the recruitment center. I posted to him. I played along with the little armor trick of his, I don't know if it's valid but it seemed harmless for the moment.

Anyway, I don't know much about the happenings around here in the last months, so I don't know about his agenda. Wasn't he a Sith? His sig mentions being with the Sith believe. Just wanted clarification and advice on how to handle his recruitment, if he indeed is coming to join.

PS: if he is joining, I might take him.

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 15th, 2003, 02:36:45 AM
Well, if he aint joining.... I've already warned him in PM once that he was not allowed to post in certain areas without permission. If he is not joining, or does not have admin permission, nuke at will Commander

If he's joining... ignore what I just said :p

Alpha
Jan 15th, 2003, 08:22:36 AM
:lol...Odd, since I'm fighting him in the RP forum...

Navaria Tarkin
Jan 15th, 2003, 10:36:34 AM
What Marcus said and perhaps that thread was started well before this thread in the recruitment center. Ket has already been warned once so ... I would give benefit of doubt and let the thread play out for now

Sage Hazzard
Jan 15th, 2003, 01:51:50 PM
Hmm.... Be nice if he does join. Score one for the lightside conversion percentage. :)

Aye-aye. Nukes ready and armed. :lol

Lilya Goldberry
Jan 15th, 2003, 02:32:17 PM
He's sith, he's part of TSO o_O As far as I know...:lol

Vega Van-Derveld
Jan 15th, 2003, 02:46:47 PM
o_O

imported_Jackson Mcgraves
Jan 15th, 2003, 05:17:22 PM
He also in a thread attempting to kill one of my charcters at the moment. This is truelly odd.

Liu Fong
Jan 15th, 2003, 05:24:34 PM
Master Hazzard, if he should turn out to be hostile, allow me to assist you. It'll be our first master/padawan rp together.

Sage Hazzard
Jan 16th, 2003, 01:17:15 AM
I'm not so sure about that Liu. If we did get into a fight, I'm not sure about what I should... Which is a question I would like to ask the more veteran people here. If he does attack, should fight him or just ignore him and kick him out OOC. If I could fight him... I'm not so sure you should get involved Liu. Because I know that if he is coming to start some stuff, he wouldn't fight fair. IC and OOC. He'd probably try and kill you and ignore me until he did, which is a good tactic, since you're a Padawan. Our first RP should be more structured anyway. Not involved with some dude who wants to fight in a strict Jedi only forum.

Can I get a clear comfirmation from an admin please? Marcus' "nuke" comment was a pretty clear one, just not sure if he means IC or OOC. Should I give him a fair fight or just say I flick him out the doors and lock them behind him? :lol I'm really confused here.

To top everything off, I'm pretty sure he doesn't want a fight. He said so in his opening post. That he didn't come here for a fight.

Sage Hazzard
Jan 16th, 2003, 01:27:16 AM
Okay, just read his newest post. Turned weird. He wants to speak with Liam, Rebel, Leia Solo, or Sanis Prent.

Now, I don't know why, so I dealt with that IC by asking. Also, aren't all of those people save for Sanis, MIA? Also, isn't Sanis Prent's character a bounty hunter. Atleast he was last I checked. Why would he ask for him in a Jedi recruitment center? And couldn't he ask for them in the bar, or something? Hmm....

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 16th, 2003, 01:40:22 AM
If he is not joining, then he has disobeyed a warning I gave him, not to post in Jedi only areas. The only reason I will tolerate is that he wishes to join. Otherwise, as I have already warned him, the nuking will be thread deletion and a 3 day holiday from GJO at the least.

I do not tolerate warnings being ignored.

Sage Hazzard
Jan 16th, 2003, 02:07:20 AM
Ah, good. I know realisticly a fight in the recruitment center would endanger young Padawans. Something that would in reality, get someone innocent hurt.

I don't think he wishes to cause trouble. I think maybe he wants to join. He'd have to stop fighting our Jedi though. :lol

Lion El' Jonson
Jan 16th, 2003, 05:20:01 AM
Originally posted by Sage Hazzard
Ah, good. I know realisticly a fight in the recruitment center would endanger young Padawans. Something that would in reality, get someone innocent hurt.

Not to mention destroy a certain portion of the Recruitment Center's wall...:lol

If he does join...well then, we've got us a Van Derveld! Another one, anyways. If he just wants to fight, ignore him. Fights are illegal in the RC, as far as I know...

But he'll have to stop trying to kill us jedi's. As long as Marcus has his eye on this, nothing will happen...:p

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 16th, 2003, 05:58:02 AM
Fights are illegal in the RC, as far as I know...

Just slightly. Anyone starting one is very likely to get an Admin smacking them into next week.

(Altho, if ye ask an Admin first, it can be overlooked. Asking Admins politely often has good results)

Vega Van-Derveld
Jan 17th, 2003, 06:58:48 AM
I don't think he's joining, since he is intent on becoming a Sith Master.

Will have to have a word with Ket-mun and see what the deal is.

Morgan Evanar
Jan 17th, 2003, 11:19:50 AM
/me grabs the ban-hammer

Vega Van-Derveld
Jan 17th, 2003, 12:34:05 PM
Well he won't tell me what's up, just said I'll have to wait and see.

No clue from me.

Sage Hazzard
Jan 17th, 2003, 01:15:34 PM
Alright I need help with what to post next. He says he won't talk unless it's to the three he seeks. Either Leia, Rebel, or Liam. Aren't all of them gone from RPing for a while? MIA? What the heck should I say?

"Alright guy, don't let the double doors hit your butt on the way out."

:lol or what? Urgh.

Vega Van-Derveld
Jan 17th, 2003, 01:27:49 PM
"Alright guy, don't let the double doors hit your butt on the way out.

Sounds like a good idea :p

Morgan Evanar
Jan 17th, 2003, 01:43:53 PM
I doubt he's aware that they're gone OOC.

Janus Riddyl
Jan 21st, 2003, 04:13:04 PM
Uh, if it is any help, I have spoken to him as another character and he seems to most be definatly a sith according to his story.

Hadrian Invicta
Jan 24th, 2003, 11:25:25 AM
He's posted in a few Jedi forums, I'm not really aware with his Character history but from his threads he claims he used to be a Padawan and that he is just looking to reaqquaint himself with some old friends. I know he has no intention of joining, I think he was just trying to do some char development, as he has shown 0 hostility. Just my 2 cents, that and another 48 will get you a cup o joe at Mickey D's.

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 24th, 2003, 11:43:19 AM
Ket used to be a Jedi when he originally joined the forums. I play his brother, IC (i.e. Vega Van-Derveld) so I know he has no intention of joining and is just trying to dig back and meet some of his old Jedi friends from when he was a member of the Order :)