PDA

View Full Version : Path through the Darkness

Lazurus
Jan 12th, 2003, 11:57:13 PM
<center>
It's been a long night. Trying to find my way.
Been through the darkness. Now I finally have my day.
And I will see my dream come alive at last. I will touch the sky.
And they?re not gonna hold me down no more, no they're not gonna change my mind.
-Russel Walton
</center>

Time phased in and out. The ground was cold, and grey, he saw it through a swollen eye. He couldnt feel the other, he couldnt feel much, all numb. A cool red ooze flowed over every sore open wound. He didnt know how much time was passing, but he new it had been a long while as the ooze dried over as he phased in and out.

In his dreams he was pluaged by those he had killed, the many faces all he didnt know, just nameless kills over the years. So many to reach the hight he had reach, and had only been so low. What had he done? What had he accomplished?

He sensed the force flowing from him, his life force was weakening. His strength in the darkside alone keeping him alive, and even it was wavering. He clenched his eyes, a small tear falling down his disfigured face as he resigned to his death, all had left him in his life, what more was left to him in Death?

scuffling, he heard scuffling, he was partialy awake. Maybe? a foot, he thought he saw a foot. Was he moving, he coulda swore he saw the ground moving. Phasing... out... again

"Wha..."

He awoke on what felt like a cot, the room around him was quiet, it felt sterile. He lifted his arm, he could move! Pushing himself up he had a coughing fit. It was like his lungs couldnt remember how to work. hunched over he took his face in both hands, he felt almost smooth skin, what had happened to his warped burned and disfigured skin?

"Ah, I see your awake stranger, have a nice rest?"

A strange man had walked into the room, he wore a brown coat and didnt look to clean. He seemed friendly enough though, and he did let off a certain warmth.

"WHo are you..?"

"Me? My names Rocko. We were lucky to find you stranger, not many people actually go that far into dark territory. In fact lucky we found you when we did, almost dead you were. Took our two med droids to reconstructure your face alone."

"Oh..."

"Yeah, im sorry we couldnt make you like you were, but its better than not right?"

"I guess"

"Might I ask what happened?"

"Rather you didnt"

A small silent puase, the man looking down at Lazurus with a quizical eye.

"oooook, how bout this, whats your name?"

"M...." he considered this for a moment, then choosing a most suitable thought he spoke "My name is Lazurus"

Lazurus
Jan 13th, 2003, 11:56:27 PM
"Very fiting, considering your dead..."

"Dead?" He looked at his hands, he was definatly moving, hey wait, he was even talking to this guy, how could he be dead?

"We were as stumped as you friend, you definatly dont act dead, yet, by all medical analysis, are dead. Here look at this..."

The man motioned over to a large hologrid display. All bars were flat, unmoving. All except for brainwave, which was keeping a normal pace amongst all the flat lines.

"What does that mean?"

"What it means, friend, is that although your body has died, your brain has not. By all readings your living cells are regenerating at a nominal rate, as if you were being supplied by an internal energy without need for overall bodily function"

"English doc?"

"Hmmm, ok, how might I put this.... The cells that make up your body are regenerating themselves without having to recieve nuetrients from your normal systems"

Lazurus gave him a confused look, to which the new man sighed

"Ok, give me your hand, I'll show you what I mean"

Slowly he held out his hand towards the man in the brown coat, with jedi like speed he raised a persicion knife and cut off one of Lazurus's fingers. He jerked back, it didnt really hurt, but it was instinct

"Why in the world did you do that!!!"

"Just watch, look at your hand"

He looked back down, he could have sworn his finger had been chopped to the stump, yet there was a stump there. Looking back up at the man he smiled and gestured back down to his hand again. Glancing down again half his finger was there.

"I told you, your cells are regenerating at a nominal rate, quite amazing really. Your not a force user are you?"

Where did that come from? He had felt a diminished touch of the force since he had awoke, somehow deeper than before, yet not there. He reached out to a cabniet with his minds eye, attempting to open it with a force pull. It didnt happen.

"No, evidently im not, why do you ask?"

"Oh, no reason, just a very peculiar skill you have there. Well look, were droping off at a local station soon, you'll be free to go there, im sorry but we cant keep you. Least your alive right?"

"I guess, how long till we reach the station"

Suddenly the whole room lurched as he finished his sentence

"Now"

TheHolo.Net
Jan 14th, 2003, 01:28:34 AM
Bye bye Gue.

Taylor Millard
Jan 14th, 2003, 02:03:31 AM
I KNEW that IP looked familiar. But I couldn't figure out where. Never got the chance to check it out either. Too busy at work this weekend.

TheHolo.Net
Jan 14th, 2003, 02:07:54 AM
Yep.

####.sc.rr.com is Gue. That is how I busted him

Taylor Millard
Jan 14th, 2003, 03:31:20 AM
The quote on his sig kinda sticks his tongue out at the board itself.

"The greatest trick the devil did was convincing hte world he didn't exist"

Maybe I've been up too long :lol

Navaria Tarkin
Jan 14th, 2003, 02:29:36 PM
wow... I had no idea. Ogies is da admin

TheHolo.Net
Jan 15th, 2003, 12:00:58 AM
The writing style in these two posts is pretty evident its him too. He always did like italics too much. :x