PDA

View Full Version : A warning to gamers...

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 12th, 2003, 04:57:41 PM
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/01/12/1041990184576.html

That is mind boggling. How could you possibly fdo that?

Zeke
Jan 12th, 2003, 05:03:09 PM
I've pulled all-nighters playing games with friends, and nothing like THAT's ever happened...sorta makes me glad I don't have the time for games anymore...

Jamel Croko'yn
Jan 12th, 2003, 05:09:53 PM
This is weird, but as foolish as it sounds, I'm laughing over this.

Xenodoros Stormrider
Jan 12th, 2003, 05:25:22 PM
o_O Damn.

ReaperFett
Jan 12th, 2003, 05:32:49 PM
Ive ehard that exact story before, down to the location. What is this, copycat killing? :)

Dark Lord Dyzm
Jan 12th, 2003, 06:52:57 PM
Diablo II's aweful little secret: if you play the Cow Level 50 times in a row, a satanic symbol appears on your screen. If you look at it for more then 5 seconds, your soul is ripped from you. And your body falls dead. Luckly I only glanced at it for a second, before tearing my eyes away from it. Thank god I took that "How to Survive Evil Satanic Hexes and Symboles" at my highschool

Morgan Evanar
Jan 12th, 2003, 06:56:57 PM
Yeah, it almost always seems that its crazy Asian gamers in Korea or something.

Old hat, really.

Dark Lord Dyzm
Jan 12th, 2003, 07:03:42 PM
Best StarCraft player in the world is from Korea

Had some Japanese Exchange dudes over the summer, I played them at Super Smash Brothers on my Gamecube, boy... I got beaten bad. They had everything down perfect. They knew the exact time my person would recover and finish the auto counter, and hit me again. Everything they did was dileberate also. Fires a energy blast from Samus, and the jump. Knowing I would jump to dodge. Then I get blasted down by a overhand kick or something and DIE. It was crazy

Xenodoros Stormrider
Jan 12th, 2003, 11:31:33 PM
Originally posted by Dark Lord Dyzm
Diablo II's aweful little secret: if you play the Cow Level 50 times in a row, a satanic symbol appears on your screen. If you look at it for more then 5 seconds, your soul is ripped from you. And your body falls dead. Luckly I only glanced at it for a second, before tearing my eyes away from it. Thank god I took that "How to Survive Evil Satanic Hexes and Symboles" at my highschool

Are you serious?

Dark Lord Dyzm
Jan 13th, 2003, 01:27:45 AM
Yes, my Highschool really did have a "How to Survive Evil Satanic Hexes and Symboles." It was a fun class, we got to practice shooting wooden bolts at a Zombie dressed up as a vampire. Cool Beans it was.

After you play the Cow Level 50 times Hell Difficulty, mind you. The symbol will appear and steal your mortal soul. You should try it.

Kelt Simoson
Jan 13th, 2003, 03:41:56 AM
I hae played the game MOH: Spearhead for about 8 hours strait before...:)...stupid and you cant compare it for days on end but still....

Admiral Lebron
Jan 13th, 2003, 05:36:55 AM
I went all night on Vice City and all I wanted was to sleep... and a chainsaw.

Sanis Prent
Jan 13th, 2003, 12:11:38 PM
How do you play spearhead for 8 hours straight? Its a 9 level expansion pack.

Marc Tycho
Jan 13th, 2003, 12:30:15 PM
Multiplayer....

Sanis Prent
Jan 13th, 2003, 12:52:43 PM
gotcha

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 13th, 2003, 02:09:34 PM
:lol@Dyzm

Jared Mriad
Jan 13th, 2003, 02:49:16 PM
Diablo never really had a big woop-dee-do on me, Max Payne on the other hand I can run for 16 hours streight, only managed to beat the game once in 8 hours 23 minutes. But sitting nonstop on D2 would kill me in the first hour..

Dark Lord Dyzm
Jan 13th, 2003, 03:14:55 PM
I play Diablo 2 when I am bored and I am tired of my shooting up games. Most I have played is Halo at a friends. Started 2 player, Difficulty Hard, and played through almost the entire game

Mu Satach
Jan 13th, 2003, 05:14:54 PM
Diablo II's aweful little secret: if you play the Cow Level 50 times in a row, a satanic symbol appears on your screen. If you look at it for more then 5 seconds, your soul is ripped from you. And your body falls dead.

To bad Scully & Mulder have retired... this sounds right up their alley.

:rollin

Alpha
Jan 13th, 2003, 06:39:18 PM
:lol

I could just6 see that happening in an episode of X-Files...:)

Dark Lord Dyzm
Jan 13th, 2003, 08:44:37 PM
Lol, X-Files... What a great show

Wei Wu Wei
Jan 13th, 2003, 09:10:06 PM
Hehe...let's not get started on the X-files. The only games I can play for hours on end anymore are adventure games, and RPGs.

I played Final Fantasy X for nigh well 2 days straight.

Currently I want to play Super Mario Sunshine only because I heard it was incredibly long. For some reason, games that take a long time to beat really catch my attention.

Zasz Grimm
Jan 14th, 2003, 07:42:29 AM
I don't see how you could die from playing that game too much. On the weekends I play from anywhere to 8 - 12 hours +. I mean, people were talking about it.

I just can't see it happening. Maybe a migraine afterwards for so much cowing and dueling, but death?

This is coming from someone who has played the game solid for about 2 years.

Okashi Zutto
Jan 14th, 2003, 09:48:47 AM
Me+Final Fantasy 9+Long Weekend=8 pm til 5 am playing time.

*twitches*

Dark Lord Dyzm
Jan 14th, 2003, 01:35:25 PM
I can't play like that. Longest I play is about 6 hours at a time.

If I die to many times, no matter what game, I get pissed off. When I get pissed off, my head starts killing me. When my head starts killing me, I stop playing. On average, I then won't touch the game for weeks or even months. Like I got stuck in Final Fantasy 8, and I haven't touched the game for a year and a half.
Final Fantasy 10 hasn't been touched for 3 months.

Ishan Shade
Jan 14th, 2003, 02:21:31 PM
Im not sure how Marcus finds these things!
:lol

Okashi Zutto
Jan 14th, 2003, 02:39:23 PM
I can't play like that. Longest I play is about 6 hours at a time.

If I die to many times, no matter what game, I get pissed off. When I get pissed off, my head starts killing me. When my head starts killing me, I stop playing. On average, I then won't touch the game for weeks or even months. Like I got stuck in Final Fantasy 8, and I haven't touched the game for a year and a half.
Final Fantasy 10 hasn't been touched for 3 months.

That's like me and Shadow Madness, as soon as Harv-5 died I didn't play it for like a whole year!

*notices people looking at her funny*

And the only reason I played for THAT long, playing FF9, was cos my Bro was all like "Keep playing!"

Miryan no Trunks
Jan 15th, 2003, 12:30:48 PM
I Used to be able to play RPGs, I used to be able to play them for days straight. Unfortunately, then I got a girlfriend who dislikes video games, and I can do neither anymore. I can't dedicate enough time to an RPG to get into it anymore, and I simply don't Have the time to play them days straight.

That and working 8am-2pm pretty much every day.

;_;

Dark Lord Dyzm
Jan 15th, 2003, 02:10:51 PM
*GASP!!!* Dislikes Video Games?!?!?! Dude, I feel your pain!
Well, actually I don't, seeing how I go for the Gaming Chicks.
Get her to like video games, I would suggest ICO for the PS2. It has made grown men cry. Very good storyline, and very touching.

Wei Wu Wei
Jan 15th, 2003, 08:51:56 PM
Hehe....I had a girlfriend once who beat the crap outta me in Q-Bert. Next time I talked to her, we broke up. I wonder if she broke up with me because I was no good at that game?

Sanis Prent
Jan 15th, 2003, 09:34:59 PM
Q-bert? What were you then...a zygote? That game is as old as me!

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Jan 16th, 2003, 03:29:21 AM
:lol never played a game straight through for more than about 4-5 hours, I usually pause to go get food or walk around since either my leg or <smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont> has fallen asleep.....:lol

DarthDarkCloak
Jan 16th, 2003, 08:22:24 AM
We Play Madden 2003 for blood..........

We start from scratch and draft teams from a pool of all of the NFL players (1.5 hours) We create playbooks and such (2 hours) We Play Round Robin (4 hours) We trade players (1 hour) We play Playoffs (2 hours)

Madden is a way of life in my family LOL.........