PDA

View Full Version : Girl's clothing. My worst gift idea yet. [COMPLETE!]

Zeke
Jan 12th, 2003, 09:29:36 AM
There's only one problem with buying clothing as a gift for girls. To make sure it stays a surprise, you have to go shopping for them yourself. Zeke's never been so embarrassed in his life. He scratches the back of his head and looks around, as if someone's watching him. He couldn't be more conspicuous. He knows it too, and that simply serves to compound his embarrassment.

"Nothing worth doing ever came easy..."

But even knowing that, even gathering his resolve, he can't seem to bring himself to walk in and ask one of the many employees for help.

"This sucks..."

Dae Jinn
Jan 12th, 2003, 09:39:31 PM
"Into cross-dressing now?"

Daetana Jinn raised a brow as she glanced over her red-lensed sunglasses at the Jedi. She wore her usual "street" clothes; black leather coat, red turtle-neck, black skirt and boots. Her hands were full of shopping bags, she had spent the afternoon buying new additions to her wardrobe. A slight smirk crossed her face.

"Well? Are you shopping, or not?"

Zeke
Jan 12th, 2003, 09:44:29 PM
"GAH! No, I'm not into that at all!" Zeke's reply is given in a fast string of syllables. His usual grin has changed ever so slightly to convey his embarrassment perfectly. "I'm not shopping! Well, I am, well...I need to buy a gift for my Padawan, Lime."

There. It only took him two or three tries to explain his purpose.

"She's from a poor family, and she's only got burlap rags to wear...I wanted to get her something better."

Dae Jinn
Jan 12th, 2003, 09:50:24 PM
Dae pursed her lips a little. "And you wanted to shop there? No no no, come with me!"

She took him by the arm and dragged him behind her, passing shop after shop untill they came to a small boutique. It looked expensive, and it was. She smiled and gave him a shove inside.

"What does said padawan look like?"

Zeke
Jan 12th, 2003, 09:54:20 PM
Zeke's eyes are worried, despite the smile on his face.

"Uh...well..."

This place'll set him back. He doesn't need to spend his life savings on clothes...he needs to save for May's new ship, so they can restart the trade company their father used to run.

"Um...She's about chest height on me, green hair..."

Dae Jinn
Jan 12th, 2003, 09:59:35 PM
"Ahhh, green hair, eye color?"

Grabbing his arm again, she dragged him over to a rack of dresses. "What is her personality like? Sexy, fun, girl-next-door?"

Zeke
Jan 12th, 2003, 10:05:27 PM
"Eyes? They're a gold color! She's real quiet and shy too."

He shuffles uncomfortably. In this shop he sticks out like a sore thumb amongst the other women shopping there.

Dae Jinn
Jan 12th, 2003, 10:13:07 PM
"Hmmmm," Dae let him go for a second, looking through the dresses. She pulled out a few, holding them up for him to see.

"Shy, huh? Nothing sexy then..." She mumbled to herself, selecting a greenish dress with capped sleeves and a long hem line. "This? Maybe?"

Zeke
Jan 12th, 2003, 10:19:30 PM
Zeke has no eye for clothing, especially women's clothing.

"Um...sure..."

Zeke is fully confident that Lime would look good in any dress the store has to offer, but then, most men tend to think that of their lady friends.

Dae Jinn
Jan 12th, 2003, 10:23:27 PM
Dae rolled her eyes...Men.

"Fine, this dress it is then. Now for shoes. And accessories."
She handed Zeke the dress and flounced off in a different direction, leaving him trailing behind.

Zeke
Jan 12th, 2003, 10:24:55 PM
"Shoes? Accessories?"

This is turning out to be a bit more than he'd bargained for.

"Dae, wait up!"

Dae Jinn
Jan 12th, 2003, 10:30:08 PM
She stopped, turning on her heel and letting out a big sigh. "Come on," She handed him her own bags, and continued walking, looking at different items along the way. She picked up a shimmery green and gold scarf, that matched the dress, and stopped in front of a large display of shoes.
"Shoe size?"

Zeke
Jan 12th, 2003, 10:35:05 PM
Zeke holds the dress and scarf in both hands, with one arm looped through the handles on her bags.

"Um...I..."

Zeke focuses.

"It's...8? Give or take? What makes you think I know?"

Dae Jinn
Jan 12th, 2003, 10:38:03 PM
She narrowed her eyes. "You're the one who wants to buy the poor girl a nice new outfit, yet you want her to have no shoes? Average male."

She took a quick glance and found a pair of low flats, in a shade that suited. Smiling, she carried the shoes and headed to the cashier. "You have money, don't you?"

Zeke
Jan 12th, 2003, 10:40:34 PM
"I want her to have shoes!" Zeke says defensively. "You think I memorize all my Padawans' shoe sizes!?"

He follows as best he can, navigating the endless racks of clothing and ignoring the stares and whispers of the other shoppers.

"And naturally I have money! You think I'd go shopping without it?"

Dae Jinn
Jan 12th, 2003, 10:44:45 PM
"Well, I don't know! You are a man after all!" She set the shoes on the counter, and took the dress and scarf from him, setting those too on the counter.
"So, after this, you can take me for a nice light lunch, then more shopping. You can't just buy her ONE outfit, you know. You need, variety."

Zeke
Jan 12th, 2003, 10:47:03 PM
"Lunch? Variety?"

Zeke suddenly recalls something his father told him, back in the day...

"Zeke, m'boy, there will come a day when suddenly you find that the young ladies are highly attractive. And you may find one and grow up to be married to her. But know this; she will be the best test your wallet has ever had."

"Too true...how much?"

Dae Jinn
Jan 12th, 2003, 10:50:48 PM
"Not a lot."
She pointed out the price on the register; it was a little steep, but Dae had lots of money (coming from nobilty had SOME perks) and usually bought whatever she wanted. But it was quite a lot. Over 100 creds. She took the bag and smiled at Zeke. "Pay the lady, please."

Zeke
Jan 12th, 2003, 10:54:15 PM
To Zeke's everlasting surprise and relief, his face didn't change to match his emotion. Over a hundred creds for ONE outfit? Robbery! But it's far too late for him to do anything about it...if he backs out, he'll look to be the stereotypical, tightwad male...it's not an image he wants associated with himself.

"Fine..."

He hands the money over and puts his wallet away. If the prices keep up like this, he won't be able to buy her another one...

Dae Jinn
Jan 12th, 2003, 10:58:21 PM
She hands the bag to him to carry, and leads the way out. "See? Was that so hard? No...I'm hungry. Hmmm, where to eat."

There were several resteraunts along the strip, all high-priced and classy. Dae smiled at Zeke. "You pick."

Zeke
Jan 12th, 2003, 10:59:59 PM
"None of 'em," Zeke says with a weary tone.

Lunch here will take hours...not just to eat it, but to wait on them to prepare it. That, and it'll probably kill what little money he has left.

"Isn't there a fast food place around here?"

Dae Jinn
Jan 12th, 2003, 11:08:28 PM
"Zeeeeeke!" Her voice was a little whiney, and her glossed lips formed their perfect little pout. "Come on, my treat. The food here is reallllly good. You'll love it, I promise." ;)

Zeke
Jan 12th, 2003, 11:11:09 PM
"...Your treat, huh?"

Somehow he doesn't trust her quite, it'd be perfectly Dae-like to order and leave him with the check. But that pout is really pulling his heartstrings.

"This is no joke?"

Dae Jinn
Jan 12th, 2003, 11:15:54 PM
She laughed a little. "When it comes to money....I rarely joke. Come on then. Pick a place already, I'm hungry!"

Zeke
Jan 12th, 2003, 11:18:30 PM
"Then...I guess...that'll do."

He walks into one with some inpronouncable name, written in a barely legible scrawl favored by the fancy things. Almost immediately they're seated and asked to order.

"Em...Her first."

More of the illegible font. Dae can order while he translates the menu's fat cat cuneiform.

Dae Jinn
Jan 12th, 2003, 11:22:54 PM
"I'll have...hmmm, this." She pointed to something on the menu. "With a glass of vodka, iced, please."
She handed her menu back to the server and smiled across at the Jedi. Waiting for him to order.

Zeke
Jan 12th, 2003, 11:26:31 PM
Zeke squints at the letters printed on the plastic pages. Is that an "S"? Or maybe it's a "D"...heck, it could be an "O"...

"Jeez..."

He flips hurriedly through the menu, trying not to make the waiter and Dae wait, when he comes across a word that is instantly recognizable to him. The Special. A low priced, random select meal of the day.

"The Special. And a soda."

The waiter takes the menu and turns on his heel to retrieve the food.

"What a pain in the neck...how do you withstand this, Dae?"

Dae Jinn
Jan 12th, 2003, 11:30:16 PM
"Hmmmm? What do you mean? How do I stand what? "

She reached into the pcket of her jacket, which was hanging off the back of her chair, pulling out a compact and lip-gloss. She carefully touched up her make-up and reapplied the gloss to her lips. " I enjoy the finer things. It's nice to treat yourself sometimes."

Zeke
Jan 12th, 2003, 11:39:28 PM
"This is a little too high-class..."

Once again, Zeke finds that he's a mismatched person in a group that's all the same. Everyone here is nicely dressed. Men are immaculatley shaved, with every strand of hair cut and combed into perfection. The women all sport jewelry that would cost Zeke everything he owns, with make up applied flawlessly. Dae, despite her street clothes, blends perfectly. She's turning heads just sitting there. Zeke is attracting attention for exactly the opposite reason. His ponytail is a striking contrast from the short, shiny haircuts of the big wigs and his clothing is heavily wrinkled and is recycled from yesterday.

"These people could buy a hundred transports for May...not to mention a very expensive, fancy wardrobe for Lime and some nice stuff for Torriana on top o' that..."

Dae Jinn
Jan 12th, 2003, 11:42:39 PM
"I guess so......." She slipped a hand to the cylinder on her belt and smirked. "Could easily take them all out...But, I'm here for food, not fun. Well, not THAT kind of fun." She laughed. "Maybe it's you we should be buying an outfit for?"

Zeke
Jan 12th, 2003, 11:45:33 PM
"I don't need clothes."

Kindo has plenty from his royal family on Serenno...half of Zeke's clothes are Kindo's old outfits that his family refuses to throw away. Dae's order comes quickly enough, but it seems Zeke'll be a while.

Dae Jinn
Jan 12th, 2003, 11:51:56 PM
"Alright.' She takes a bite from her meal, a rice medley by the looks of it to Zeke. "Mmmmm, yummy."

Taking a roll from the basket their server had brought and starting to butter it, she furrowed her brow. "Who is May? And why does she need a transport? And who is Torrianna? Your girlfriends?"

Zeke
Jan 12th, 2003, 11:54:43 PM
"No...May is my sister...she's the biological daughter of Captain Rasputin Jhonathan Peris, owner of the ship Happy Child. It got destroyed four years ago, so we wanna buy a new ship and restart his transport company. The Cap'n adopted me, so May's my sister by way of adoption. Torriana..."

He cast his eyes to the table, embarrassed somewhat.

"...not really a girlfriend..."

He didn't add what he thought next.

"Not yet, anyways..."

Dae Jinn
Jan 12th, 2003, 11:58:55 PM
She paused, a forkful of food in her mouth and mulled that over. A smile crossed her lips as she lowered her fork, and reached for her drink.
"Oooh, my Little Jedi has a crush! How sweet! Well...I say go for it. Do what makes you happy." She told him before taking a drink.

Zeke
Jan 13th, 2003, 12:02:49 AM
Zeke flushes red at her mention of a crush, but he manges to get himself together when the food arrives, placed hurriedly before him by the waiter. The man casts a backward glance over his shoulder at Zeke as he retreats into the kitchen. Street rat! Zeke ignores it and starts eating...he got ham and some form of vegetable casserole.

"...k..." he mutters, eating in his usual rapid fashion.

Dae Jinn
Jan 13th, 2003, 12:06:06 AM
Dae raised a brow, and leaned closer to him. "Zeke, no need to rush through your meal....Sit back, relax. Enjoy yourself. Please."

She continued to enjoy her own meal, eating slower than Zeke seemed to be. "In a rush to leave?"

Zeke
Jan 13th, 2003, 12:09:11 AM
"Nuh uh," he replies past his food. "Call it force of habit. In the ships' galleys ya hafta eat fast, or ya get nuthin' at all."

But he tries to slow himself. Of course, there's no real point. He's cleared a fourth of his plate anyways...

Dae Jinn
Jan 13th, 2003, 12:11:44 AM
"Alright, I wouldn't know, haven't cared much for living on ships."

She took another drink and sighed. "So, what else have you been up to? Jedi....things?"

Zeke
Jan 13th, 2003, 12:19:39 AM
"Trainin' Padawans mostly. Some missions, but not many. Saved Torriana from a guy called Fiend. Fiend's a mo'."

And that's putting it politely.

"He made a fake me. Not sure how, but he did. I keep having to fight the fake me every time I see Fiend...I owe the man himself a battle, not some darkside double."

Dae Jinn
Jan 13th, 2003, 12:23:43 AM
"Strange...Heh, if he made a double of me, I guess it'd be, well, not good." She laughed again before taking another drink. She took note to remember the name "Fiend", tucking it away. Might be useful.
"Must be odd, fighting yourself. Does this double have the sam skills as you?"

Zeke
Jan 13th, 2003, 12:27:33 AM
"I think so. He's got a Pike, and he can do Force boost. I dunno if he's got anything else like me though."

Zeke's finished his plate. In the conversation he forgot he was supposed to be slowing it down, and now drains his glass in one long pull.

"What of you? What'cha been up to?"

Dae Jinn
Jan 13th, 2003, 12:37:02 AM
"Hmm"
She smiled softly, thinking of Jeran and Gias. "I got myself a nice little house on Gias, with a great man...Been hanging around, the usual. Same old same old."
Dae was half done her own meal and she winked at him. "Did you want desert too?"

Zeke
Jan 13th, 2003, 12:41:30 AM
"No dessert. I guess it's my turn to go 'Ooh! Dae has a crush!' and embarrass you or something. Glad to hear it. I thought with the way you have a habit of killin' people and breaking bones that you'd never catch a husband."

Dae Jinn
Jan 13th, 2003, 12:47:24 AM
"I did have a husband......actually...He's, kinda dead." She shrugged. "But, what's past has passed, and I'm moving on. He's a light-sider too...Funny huh?"
Her cheeks flushed a little, and she continued eating, nearly finishing her meal.

Zeke
Jan 13th, 2003, 12:52:01 AM
"If you go lightside, I'ma call you Dae-Dae and make you help out around the Order by reading children's books to the little kids that come by."

This is meant only in jest, but he seriously thinks it'd be cool to have Dae for an ally, rather than a potential enemy. The waiter dumps the check on Zeke's end of the table and takes his plates, his attitude radiating indignance.

"Here's the bill. You said you'd pay, so you should keep it."

He slides it across the table at her.

Dae Jinn
Jan 13th, 2003, 12:59:03 AM
Dae wiped her mouth on her napkin, then looked at the bill. She slipped on her coat, taking out enough credits to cover the bill, but left no tip. She grinned. "The service here was horrible, wasn't it? Especially that waiter, he seemed a little snobby."

She stood, waiting for Zeke to get ready to leave, "And if you call me Dae-Dae, I will smack you."

Zeke
Jan 13th, 2003, 09:04:23 AM
"I thought so."

Zeke stands and touches his toes once, then picks up the bag with Lime's dress in it.

"After you, m'lady," he says with a mock bow.

Dae Jinn
Jan 13th, 2003, 09:29:33 AM
She laughed again, and walked quickly ahead of him, out of the resteraunt and onto the street. By now it was even more busy, people everywhere. Dae looked around and then at the Jedi.
"Where would you like to go now?"

Zeke
Jan 13th, 2003, 09:32:18 AM
"Um...Not real sure..."

True, Lime would need more than one outfit, but the prices would have him rationing his food to himself if he wasn't careful.

"Guess we need her at least one more outfit, huh?"

Dae Jinn
Jan 13th, 2003, 10:41:30 AM
"Hmmm," she bit her lower lip and sighed, then headed off to another boutique, this one was a bit bigger, and a little less expensive. She took the bag from his hand, holding all the bags and gestured towards the racks of clothes.
"Your turn."

Zeke
Jan 13th, 2003, 10:44:29 AM
"M-MY turn? Whaddaya mean it's my turn?"

As if the sinking sensation in his stomach isn't enough to let him know. No doubt she wants him to pick the next one. But maybe she's kidding. Maybe she's talking about something else. All he can do is hope against hope that he doesn't have to try and exercise his non-existant fashion sense.

Dae Jinn
Jan 13th, 2003, 10:46:32 AM
"Your turn to pick out an outfit for your lady-friend, silly."

She gave him a little whack with one of her bags on the bum and laughed softly. "Get going, it's not THAT hard to do."

Zeke
Jan 13th, 2003, 10:55:12 AM
"Speak for yourself..." he mumbles.

A burst of giggles erupts from a rack of dresses a few meters away; it seems someone thinks he's funny. Nervously he begins to thumb through the clothing, focusing more on Lime than on his surroundings. Focus. It's something he finds useful in training or in battle, but here it seems to be more effective than usual. He lucked out though; these are shirts, not dresses. All he's gotta do is find something that matches the girl's personality. He can throw color out the window for the moment being. So long as it's not blue. His mom told him blue and green sorta clash. At the end of the long row he finds something suitable. The characters on the t-shirt are cute little Jedi people, chasing an equally adorable Sith across the front of the shirt. The scene is comical, surely such a thing as this would do well for the timid girl...

"This?"

Dae Jinn
Jan 13th, 2003, 11:00:55 AM
She giggled. "It's your choice. You're picking. Not me. It'll mean more if you pick it out yourself."

Zeke
Jan 13th, 2003, 11:05:22 AM
No help there. Well...

"Pants now, right?"

The shirt is white, so he has the freedom to choose almost any pair of pants he wants to stick with it. He manages to find pants that are almost exactly like the ones he favors so much. Black, loose fitting around the legs, but around the ankles and waist they fit perfectly, so they don't fall down and you won't trip over the hems.

"K."

Easier than he thought.

Dae Jinn
Jan 13th, 2003, 11:11:34 AM
Dae shook her head, but said nothing. It was his choice, and she hoped the girl would like what he picked out. "Now, does she have shoes that would go with that? If she does, you don't have to pick out any."

Zeke
Jan 13th, 2003, 11:14:51 AM
Her shoes?

"They're just as old and ragged as her clothes."

He turns back to the rack of pants though...Dae didn't seem to approve.

"C'mon, gimme a hand. It's obvious you don't like it."

Dae Jinn
Jan 13th, 2003, 11:18:11 AM
"Just not my style." She walked passed him to the shoe section. "Hmm, well, T, casual pants, so you need some casual shoes."
She pointed to a pair of little white striped trainers. "Those are nice."

Zeke
Jan 13th, 2003, 11:20:23 AM
"Those then...and SOCKS."

Zeke takes a few pairs from the shelves nearby.

"Am I missing anything, o' Mistress of the Shopping Trip?"

Dae Jinn
Jan 13th, 2003, 11:23:51 AM
She giggled. "Well......one thing...But I dunno if you'd want to buy her any....underwear!"

She giggled harder, walking towards the lingere section of the store.

Zeke
Jan 13th, 2003, 11:27:37 AM
"Un..."

Zeke stops still, like a droid with it's power suddenly cut off. Underwear? Oh, for the love of all that's good and holy, no. No no no. Worse yet, his face feels hot. Yep...from bad to worse in thirty seconds...

"I...er..."

Does Lime have underwear? He's always assumed so, but given her background...but what's she gonna think if her master gives her underwear as gift? She'll think he's some kind of perverted...

"God no..."

Dae Jinn
Jan 13th, 2003, 11:33:58 AM
Dae watches the Jedi turn pale, then flush to a dark red. She looks through a rack of silky panties, thinking of getting something for herself. She holds up a pair of little black lace ones.

"How about these? Very cute. I migh have to buy some now." She smiled to herself and handed him the panties." Hold these while I look...thanks."

Zeke
Jan 13th, 2003, 11:38:10 AM
Zeke's smile has faded to the point of being almost indistinguishable. Now it warps somewhat, his discomfort manifest on his face by his expression alone. He doesn't need to say anything. He doesn't want to say anything. Surely these aren't intended for Lime... He finds something interesting outside to look at. People give him odd looks, younger girls whisper at each other secretly, with the occasional 'eeew" rising over the general hum of the shop.

"Eh...Dae..."

Dae Jinn
Jan 13th, 2003, 11:44:11 AM
"Hmmm?" Dae is too busy shopping to notice the people staring at Zeke. Other people assume they're a couple and she is forcing him to shop with her. She murmurs and hands him a black lace bra. "Oooo, this too."
She turns, holding up a leopard print bra and panties set, very skimpy and silky to her body. "Whatcha think?"

Zeke
Jan 13th, 2003, 11:48:06 AM
Wh-what do I...well it's...um...very..."

Zeke's face is burning again, and his small crowd of onlookers giggle. Apparently he's cute now.

"It's...it, em...that's nice, Dae..."

Dae Jinn
Jan 13th, 2003, 11:51:25 AM
"Mmm," she hands it him and smiles wider. "It's so nice to have a mans opinion, I don't think Jeran would ever go shopping with me.Speaking of, I should pick up something nice for him...I doubt this store sells tunics though!"
She laughed, grabbing Zeke by the arm and pulling him with her as she continued to look through the more skimpy lingere.

Zeke
Jan 13th, 2003, 11:55:22 AM
"B-but..."

Zeke follows after his arm, having little real choice other than to do so. Why does she need a man's opinion now? Couldn't she just buy her underwear without him and show off for her boyfriend later? Couldn't she spare him his embarrassment? But then again, it's like he tells the new recruits: There will be obstacles you must face and overcome, obstacles you never thought you'd ever face...often worse than what you expect. He's leading by example now...

Dae Jinn
Jan 13th, 2003, 11:59:40 AM
Soon, she has selected several more silkies, and was making her way to the cashier. She gave him a look that said "what's your problem?" as she set their purchases on the counter.

"What?"

Zeke
Jan 13th, 2003, 12:01:53 PM
Zeke places the undergarments Dae handed him on he counter as well.

"All that's for you, right?"

He's still got Lime's clothes in his arms. Dae can deal with her underwear first, then he'll deal with Lime's stuff.

Dae Jinn
Jan 13th, 2003, 12:05:46 PM
"Yes," She takes the clothes out of his arms and sets them next to her own.
"These are all mine, but I'd like the underwear in a seperate bag, please." She said politely, and the cashier nodded, ringing everything in. Dae smiled, paid and grabbed the bags. "Okay, let's go!"

Zeke
Jan 13th, 2003, 12:10:17 PM
"Go? Where to?"

Zeke's relaxed a bit more now that they're out of the store. Of course it's mostly because he's relieved that Dae's not going to make him give all that to his Padawan.

"Don't tell me you've got more shops up your sleeves..."

Dae Jinn
Jan 13th, 2003, 12:14:21 PM
"Maybe, I dunno, you can never do enough shopping...."
She stopped on the corner, waving for a cab. "Maybe we can do some more.....manly shopping? First I have to drop off my things at home, though, you're welcome to come along."
A cab pulled up to the curb, and stopped. Dae looked to Zeke for his answer.

Zeke
Jan 13th, 2003, 12:17:43 PM
"Sure...I guess..."

Zeke gets in, shuffling his stuff so that he can hold it all. It's a tough chore; he's got his bags of Lime's stuff along with all of Dae's. To Dae's, then to do...manly shopping? Um...k.

"Well...I guess while I'm out I could get something for Torriana...I dunno what I'd get for me..."

Dae Jinn
Jan 13th, 2003, 12:24:51 PM
Dae slides in beside Zeke, the bags piled up between them.
She tells the driver her address, and he gives her an odd look. She just smiles back and whispers to Zeke. "I don't think he wants to go to my neighbourhood...Too dangerous."
She giggled and started to look through her bags -- a new pair of boot, pants, shirts, a leather skirt, and various under-things. She hoped Jeran would like them, she wished she could have found something for him, but the clothes in the stores weren't his style. Maybe in "man" stores she'd find something suitable. "Torriana huh? What is she like? Another padawan?"

Zeke
Jan 13th, 2003, 12:30:12 PM
"Yeah...I already told you how I saved her from Fiend...it was him, two Sith apprentices and a Master...they were making sport of her, and I stepped in...I stopped one apprentice, the other fled, Fiend got away before I could stop him with Torriana and the master blasted me with Force Lightning before he got out...I saved her later, from Fiend's hotel..."

Dae Jinn
Jan 13th, 2003, 12:35:23 PM
"Hmmm" She murmured, still rummaging through her bags. The cab meanwhile, was making good time, they were getting close to the lower levels of Coruscant. Almost to the slum level, where Dae's home was.

Zeke
Jan 13th, 2003, 12:42:29 PM
"So...where's your place Dae?"

He never thought to wonder where she lived, seeing how she didn't seem to belong to an order. His question was soon answered as the cab came to a stop.

"Ah."

Dae Jinn
Jan 13th, 2003, 01:00:21 PM
The house was fairly shabby looking on the outside, and she could see the semi-surprised look on his face. It looked like an ordinary run down house, with a small balcony on the second floor. She paid the cabbie and lead Zeke up the stairs.
"This is it. Home sweet home, " She swung the door open, revealing a totally different look. The walls were a dark color in the small hallway, black, but the floor was gleaming white tile. Dae walked inside, going into the palor to the right, to the left was the kitchen and a flight of stairs lead up to another hall. "Come in, make yourself comfy."

Zeke
Jan 13th, 2003, 01:02:53 PM
Zeke settles himself on her sofa, putting his bags at his feet.

"Swizzle."

Again, looks were deceiving. He finds more and more every day that his own good advice isn't exactly worthless after all.

"Nice place you got here. Though you wouldn't know by looking."

Dae Jinn
Jan 13th, 2003, 01:12:27 PM
"Keeps the low-life from trying to steal my stuff, no-one thinks a run-down building in the slums is like this on the inside."

She disappeared into the kitchen. "Did you want a drink or anything before we head out again?"

Zeke
Jan 13th, 2003, 01:15:19 PM
"I'm good."

Damn, Dae's really livin' it up in this place. The sofa is soft, he sinks into it a bit when he sits down, and the holonet monitor she has is at least five times bigger than the one in his own meager quarters. Reality bites.

"You ready?"

Dae Jinn
Jan 13th, 2003, 07:56:29 PM
"Yeah.."she came back into the parlor, wearing her Sith robes over her clothes, tossing her coat onto the chair. She smirked at him. "Lets roll"

Zeke
Jan 13th, 2003, 08:03:37 PM
"What's the deal with the Sith outfit?"

Zeke picks up his bags and follows her out. He's got his sabers in his pockets, but he's rusty due to fighting almost exclusively with his Force Pike. He doesn't think she means him harm, but still...

"What happened to the street clothes?"

Dae Jinn
Jan 13th, 2003, 08:11:44 PM
"Because, sometimes you have to play dress up," She looked him over; in his Jedi-ish clothes, he would stick out like a sore thumb. She tossed him a dark cloak with a hood. "Wear this, and don't mention that you are a Jedi."
She pulled her own hood over her head and gestured for him to follow.

Zeke
Jan 13th, 2003, 08:13:28 PM
Zeke doesn't know what she means "Jedi-ish"...but whatever...he throws the cloak on, feeling silly in the dark robe.

"Now I look even more comical...a 'Sith' carrying bags labeled with the names of women's clothing stores..."

Dae Jinn
Jan 13th, 2003, 08:17:30 PM
"Hide them under your cloak, or leave them here and pick them up on the way back..." She stopped in the open doorway. "Come on, or all the good stuff will be gone!"

Zeke
Jan 13th, 2003, 08:19:33 PM
"Good stuff?"

He shoves the bag in his cloak and follows her.

"Whaddaya mean? And why do I have to dress as a Sith? It makes no sense."

Dae Jinn
Jan 13th, 2003, 08:23:24 PM
"Okay, we're in the slums. On Coruscant. What do you think we're going to get?" She stuck out her tongue at him and laughed, giving him a light shove out the door and locking up behind them.

Zeke
Jan 13th, 2003, 08:25:32 PM
"..."

Zeke would rather not list the things he knows you can get in the slums of Coruscant. But he still doesn't see why it necessitates him dressing as a Sith.

"...lead the way..."

Dae Jinn
Jan 13th, 2003, 08:30:57 PM
Dae walked quickly down the street, heading towards a more...colorful section of the Slums. Bright signs flashed in the dim light of lower level, and people crowded the streets. Riff-raff, hoods, hookers, low-lifes...all crowded together to buy and sell whatever they could for a few credits. Dae headed to a small shop, dingy looking, with a few aliens hanging around the outside. She gave them a glare and they hurried out of her way. She turned, giving Zeke a wink and entered.

Zeke
Jan 13th, 2003, 08:33:10 PM
Zeke follows in behind her, hood up to hide his smile.

"So what's so special? It's just a shop."

Dae Jinn
Jan 13th, 2003, 08:51:22 PM
She walked further into the back, and was stopped by a large burly alien. She spoke to him softly and he stepped aside. She lead Zeke into a smoky back-room, weapons of all kinds lay on tables, behind which stood various aliens and humans, all selling.
"Be sure to haggle, you can also get better prices if you threaten their lives...." She smirked and walked towards a table ladened with knives and swords.

Zeke
Jan 13th, 2003, 08:57:43 PM
Weapons? He has plenty, thank you. But he looks around anyways, using his telekinesis the push the haze from his face. The smoke stings his eyes and makes it hard to see, plus it's nigh-choking him. Lightsabers...he waves a hand and the blades spring to life. Varying colors, varying lengths...though none of them will suit his purposes. He gestures again and the blades shut down. Nothing in here for him, and nothing that he could give to Lime or Torriana.

"Nothing."

Dae Jinn
Jan 13th, 2003, 09:12:09 PM
Dae is playing with a fancy hunting dagger, twirling it in her hand, then testing the blade on a finger tip. "Nothing? No daggers, no swords? Sheesh, picking little friend I have here," She said to the dirty man, placing the dagger on the table. "Well, what were you looking for?"

Zeke
Jan 13th, 2003, 09:15:34 PM
"I don't need weaponry. I have plenty."

He won't say anything else though. Dae doesn't want them to know he's a Jedi, and an explanation of what he needs is sure to give him away.

Dae Jinn
Jan 13th, 2003, 09:18:24 PM
"A ship then? You name it, you can find it...Slave girl?" She laughed, and turned back to the table, picking up a katana and swinging around. "Hmmm, nice blade. Come on, you're a big bad "Sith", the world is yours! What do you want?"

Zeke
Jan 13th, 2003, 09:23:06 PM
"No slave girl...if I need a slave to get some action I'm no man, now am I?"

He hesitates...

"A ship? A transport, armed, medium class."

Dae Jinn
Jan 13th, 2003, 09:29:22 PM
She shouted something out in a strange tongue then grinned when the room grew quiet.
"Alright, boys and girls and other," She climbed onto a table and grinned down at them all. "We want a Transport ship, medium class and armed to the teeth. Who can get us one?"

A smallish alien raised his hand nervously. Dae jumped down from the table and walked up to him, putting an arm around his small shoulders. "Alright, my friend, show us the goods..."

Zeke
Jan 13th, 2003, 09:32:53 PM
The alien leads them out and into the big building next door. Inside is an old corvette, in excellent condition. It's Imperial paint is still there, it looks to have been just stolen. The paint job is being redone even as they stand watching, and Zeke goes slackjawed.

"Just like the old one..."

Dae Jinn
Jan 13th, 2003, 09:47:45 PM
"Alright," she gave him a nudge as the alien went to check on the paint job. "Time to haggle, remember, you are SITH...Mean, nasty, evil. Find "faults" with it, and try to get the lowest price you can..."

Zeke
Jan 13th, 2003, 09:50:21 PM
"You there!"

Using the Force, Zeke's voice booms loud and deep. Rather than being his usual happy tone, it comes off as menacing. The little alien nearly dies just hearing him.

"This ship! What's it worth to you?"

The little alien shrieks.

"Y-y-y-you may have it, sir! Free!"

Zeke blinks in suprise, the expression hidden beneath his hood.

Dae Jinn
Jan 13th, 2003, 09:55:55 PM
Dae can barely contain her laughter. "We better have it for free! And if we ever have a problem with it..."
She flipped her cloak open, revealing the saber hilt that hung from her hip. "We'll be paying you a little visit...."

She took a small data pad from her pocket, typed in some info. "Bring it to this location, tomorrow, noon sharp. Right?" She looked at Zeke, grin getting wider. What he had just done was priceless...

Zeke
Jan 13th, 2003, 10:00:15 PM
"Um...yeah...er, ahem...Have it there, or I'll mount your head on my wall."

This Sith stuff is difficult...

"Y-y-yessir! Any requests?"

"Yes. Do not question me. I have my reasons. Paint it in a red, blue, and green color scheme, and clear the IFF transponder. I will name the ship myself..."

Dae Jinn
Jan 13th, 2003, 10:49:08 PM
Dae laughed a little, softly under her breath. "You got it, shorty? Make it happen, or we make you disappear. Let's get out of here."

Dae and Zeke exited the building, leaving the alien almost wetting his pants. Dae burst out laughing as soon as they were far enough away.
"OH my..Too funny, Maybe I should turn you, Little Jedi, just so I can witness more priceless moments like that"

Zeke
Jan 13th, 2003, 10:50:23 PM
"Nah...if I did that my Padawans would be masterless, and they don't need the hassle..."

Dae Jinn
Jan 13th, 2003, 10:56:04 PM
"Whatever.." They walked back towards Dae's house. She stopped on the steps, taking out a pen and grabbing his arm. She quickly scribbled some co-oridinates on his hand. "Your ship will be there by noon tomorrow"

Dae smiled at him,"Well, this has been...surprisingly fun. Maybe we can do it again sometime. Goodbye Zeke, my little Jedi."
She planted a single soft kiss on his cheek and went inside, the door shutting with a light click.

Zeke
Jan 13th, 2003, 11:00:06 PM
Zeke blinks at the kiss. A surprise, but a welcome one. He shrugs it off and walks up the street. He can't afford cab fare, so he's stuck walking all the way back to GJO. He doesn't feel like Force boosting, he's worried he may drop Lime's outfits. Outfits...belatedly he realizes he's still wearing Dae's spare Sith robe. He takes it off and folds it up, shifting all of Lime's clothes into one bag and stuffing the robe in another. He'll keep it as a souvenir of the day, to commemorate his first non-violent encounter with Dae Jinn. Now he just has to give Lime her gift. He hopes she likes it as much as he thinks she will...