PDA

View Full Version : Rping invite #2...the Republic

Telan Desaria
Jan 12th, 2003, 08:35:02 AM
Earlier I posted an rp asking for people to come into the Peace Through War thread whereby my Fleet and Armed Forces attack Imperial Warlords in the Sunex Sector.

I am now inviting the Republic to come into the fray, with all it entials. Fighter jocks, Intel agents, commandos and teams of insurgents, spies and so on.

Any help at all would be appreciated. I have several Imperials in on things, and I am asking for some extra help.

REally, anything at all...flies as it were. Do whatever you will...the more spontaneous the posts, the more fun it will be.

Me.

Jamel Croko'yn
Jan 12th, 2003, 03:14:01 PM
I say we need more Republics, like a thousand of 'em, so we all can fight each other and die, lol j/p

Sanis Prent
Jan 12th, 2003, 04:03:52 PM
Why would Republic forces commit themselves to a conflict between Imperial splinter factions?

Telan Desaria
Jan 12th, 2003, 10:37:59 PM
Strategy.

With that sector out of the way, I would have only two fronts to place my fleet: Coreward near Kuat, or Rimward towards the Hydian way and Republic controlled space lies on either side of me. with the reduction...successful, of the pocket, my internal control would become unquestionable and my forces would be completely free to run rampant about the stars. I would control as massive slice of fortified space with the only enemy available to me on either side, apart from the UR, would be you, Committing forces to the sectro would buy you time to prepare for such an assault,

Sanis Prent
Jan 12th, 2003, 11:05:36 PM
Or they stay out, and allow both factions to bleed themselves as much as possible.

Pierce Tondry
Jan 12th, 2003, 11:21:27 PM
If they were to get involved (a big if, since the Republic is supposed to have better morals than that :)), it would probably be in the name of encouragement and misdirection. Battles where a particular side might win handily might be sabotaged so that the losses would be more severe.

In a fight between an Interdictor and two ImpStars against two VicStars, for example, a sabotage act against the reactor of one of the ImpStars would turn a well-made trap into a mess right quick.

Aegis Du' Caat
Jan 12th, 2003, 11:28:43 PM
Well also they could recruit planets/systems that want no part of either side or have been sympathetic with the NR but unable to do anything about it do to being in the middle of Imp space, but with the Imps doing battle there would be an opening for them to join up or start talks or something. Or not. But I would think that they would see it as an oppurtunity much like they did with Coruscant.