PDA

View Full Version : For the NRSF participating in the Forgotten War RP...

Sanis Prent
Jan 12th, 2003, 08:22:59 AM
I've decided upon doing something in the upcoming war. Instead of the no killing/maiming without permission thing...I was thinking that such events, who they effect, and their severity will all be random. That means that any time there is a post in combat, I roll a dice. If the dice lands on 1, someone's hit. Then, I draw a name out of a hat. Then, I roll the die for where they get hit. 1 = head, 2 = torso, 3 = left arm, 4 = right arm, 5 = right leg, and 6 = left leg. Then I roll for severity, where a 1 would be barely a flesh wound, and a six would be fatal. Thus...anybody can bite the dust. The possibility for such happening is maximized. Should make this a bit more shocking as it happens.

Thoughts? If its gonna happen, its gotta be with your approval, since you'd have to waive those basic RP rights of killing/maiming without permission (as would my characters, :eek ;))

Loki Ahmrah
Jan 12th, 2003, 08:31:05 AM
I would have to say a big "No". If you use this system in the war it means that people may lose their characters and have to recreate new ones to stay involved with the NRSF. I personally don't want to change character, I wouldn't object to random wounds or even incapacitation, as long as it can be healed but I wouldn't want my character permanently damaged or lost.

Sanis Prent
Jan 12th, 2003, 08:32:17 AM
Ok...noted. No killing for you.

Besides, the possibility of that particular character getting hit, much less killed, is a bit out there. (shrug)

Admiral Lebron
Jan 12th, 2003, 09:37:39 AM
Yes Yes. Corporal Diens is in.

Javier Enfer
Jan 12th, 2003, 11:01:31 AM
No thank you for the Doc of the Team.

Sanis Prent
Jan 12th, 2003, 11:36:12 AM
Ok...it'll probably be best then to continue with the lot casting, and if anybody has any objections to what they get, to do it again until there isn't an objection.

Darius Van-Derveld
Jan 12th, 2003, 12:35:53 PM
as a non-participant of the thread, can i air an opinion?

how about say that the character can be maimed without epermission, but anything too severe, eg, loss of legs / death could be permission only.