Jan 12th, 2003, 06:40:41 AM
Testin' for Sig

Dae Jinn
Jan 12th, 2003, 10:19:35 AM
You can't read it :/

Jamel Croko'yn
Jan 12th, 2003, 02:13:24 PM
I have strong eyes, I can read it...

But also, it wasn't made to be easily read, it's implying that this path is very long, and very emotional. It could tear one into the hands of the Dark Side, or lead him to the promise land in that of the Great Jedi Order.

Dae Jinn
Jan 12th, 2003, 09:19:50 PM
Or......you could use a font that everyone can read, so then they know who the frell you are :rolleyes

Okashi Zutto
Jan 13th, 2003, 10:17:31 AM
Yeah, that text, well, sucks to use on dark backgrounds.....

Syrius Cline
Jan 13th, 2003, 12:56:01 PM
Well, if you're going for text to convey the things you mentioned, you might want to go about it a different way.

What you do is, make a readable text first. I'd suggest something that's solid white. Then you blur it a bit, or lower the opacity, or both. That way it's still readable. Also, it might help to get the emotional message you're going for. It makes it blurry, much like the path of the force user, from dark to light. Also, it conveys turmoil in the character's pshyche.

Okashi Zutto
Jan 15th, 2003, 07:30:51 AM
*slaps Cline*

You really talk too much when it comes to sigs...

:D

Syrius Cline
Jan 15th, 2003, 02:11:19 PM
Well, I am the best! .... Right, right... ::looks around, hears crickets::

:)

Dae Jinn
Jan 15th, 2003, 02:13:23 PM
Compared to who? Marcus, or some lesser sig manufacturer? :lol

Okashi Zutto
Jan 15th, 2003, 02:27:37 PM
*slaps again*

Morgan Evanar
Jan 15th, 2003, 11:43:28 PM
Or you could add a subtle, light glow around the text. As it stands, its difficult to read.

IMO, in almost anything: functionality > form.

Sage Hazzard
Jan 16th, 2003, 01:33:42 AM
::Turns to Okashi::

What are you gaining from slapping me? Oh... right, my pain. :lol

Man, you know, I was making sigs way before Marcus. Now he's surpassed me!!!!! Blast!!!! I shall seek my revenge.... :lol

Indeed Morgan, indeed. Plus, what you're going for there, most people won't pick up on. Probably no one. Since they'll probably just think you made a mistake, rather than you did it intentionally.

Lilya Goldberry
Jan 16th, 2003, 01:56:13 AM
Yeah, it just looks like you layered a bunch of stuff together; sigs usually are made strictly to tell people who the heck you are -- you can use color, text and certain images to convey how your character is as well, but a sig isn't any good if you can't read it. People won't go "He's a Jedi, his path is going to be..bleh bleh bleh" by looking at your sig, they'll see what path you take through you're rping :p trust me, i went to school for two years to learn this stuff :lol

Sage Hazzard
Jan 16th, 2003, 02:11:22 AM
See? School does pay off. :D :lol

Lilya Goldberry
Jan 16th, 2003, 02:14:20 AM
Yeah, I went to college for two years, owe thousands, but I can make pretty sigs ;) :lol

Okashi Zutto
Jan 16th, 2003, 09:42:44 AM
Originally posted by Sage Hazzard
::Turns to Okashi::

What are you gaining from slapping me? Oh... right, my pain. :lol

No, not your pain....I just like slapping you!

And yeah, school's okay, I was homeschooled from one year, for reasons....
It rwaked.....I miss it.

Zeke
Jan 16th, 2003, 10:22:00 AM
I'm gonna be in Dae's position at the end of this, methinks...'cept I'm going to college for 4 years, so I'll owe twice what she owes. :)

Lilya Goldberry
Jan 16th, 2003, 03:20:11 PM
I actually found a graphics job in my area, unfortunately, my crap-box of a puter doesn't have the right proggies :cry

Zeke
Jan 16th, 2003, 03:33:40 PM
Get them! Get that job! GO DAE! ::cheers::

Rognan Dar
Jan 16th, 2003, 04:43:48 PM
And yeah, school's okay, I was homeschooled from one year, for reasons....

Homeschool is great, I cant see myself ever going to public school, mostly for the same reasons... But I take on class at a public school, and I like that class so it makes up for getting up earlyer. :D

Sage Hazzard
Jan 17th, 2003, 02:01:18 AM
::Gives Rogdan a high five::

YEAH, homeschoolers unite!!!!! :D

Well, when I go to college, I'll most likely go to a community college and get a pale grant. I think that's what it's called. They pay you for going to school. You have to keep your grades up high though. My brother's doing that. He used to have a 4.0 but some teacher really messed him up in English and got him a B. She acted like she was talking about Greek Mythology. She made him give in papers about the subject, then took points off when he gave his interpetations that she disagreed with. You can't do that, interpetations aren't gradeable. Especially since I'm a self taught dude on the Greek Gods(I like 'em) and he was dead on. She was a nut!!! Errrrgh!!!

Anywho, I should be getting PAID to go to college. Pretty sweet. Also, you can transfer to a better school if you get the right grades and give them something to go by. :) Homeschool so rocks... Althought hat pale grant depends on you being poor so....

Kaytor Surna
Jan 20th, 2003, 11:58:48 PM
School? Been to too many different kinds. Norm school, home school, internet school, prive school.... I think thats it. *thinks a sec.* Yeah thats all.