PDA

View Full Version : So how far can a mad scientist go?

Taylor Millard
Jan 11th, 2003, 03:12:44 PM
http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26536

Gav bought up some points on how age regression can be done. What does everyone else think about this idea?

Morgan Evanar
Jan 11th, 2003, 11:53:21 PM
Don't think you could turn someone into a child, but I think it might be possible to fast-age someone.

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 12th, 2003, 12:09:46 AM
Fast age agreed. Reverse... Very dubious

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Jan 12th, 2003, 03:18:01 AM
Regress me! Regress me!!

:crack

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 12th, 2003, 01:50:19 PM
If he wants to, its plausible, he does it with permission, and no one complains, then I say let him.

Gav Mortis
Jan 12th, 2003, 07:53:47 PM
I really don't see what the problem would be. It's a ficticious universe anyway. As long as the grandure of what said roleplayer is trying to accomplish is given the respect it deserves and doesn't break rules then I say let him go ahead with it. Creative liscence and all.

Figrin D'an
Jan 12th, 2003, 08:12:30 PM
As long as the context of such an idea is explained, and it's not breaking any other rules, I really don't see a problem either. My opinions on the biological aspects of such technology are purely from the engineer in me, and suggesting a way that it may or may not work. Beyond that... acounting for the fantasy and science fiction basis of our RP universe... I'd say let him go for it as long as it doesn't get out of hand and turn into a god moding situation.

Evil Hobgoblin
Jan 13th, 2003, 11:26:22 AM
I have some potential plans to retro-age Hobgoblin with some vast sources of energy and a bit of Force empowerment. Would those be permissible?

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 13th, 2003, 02:05:49 PM
NEVER!

:p

Figrin D'an
Jan 13th, 2003, 02:47:56 PM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
NEVER!

:p

Quiet, you!

;)

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 13th, 2003, 04:06:07 PM
I've had a think and I still can't getmy mond around how it could work. The real problem is that the DNA and other mess inside the cells never can get "younger", as RL cloners have found out. You cant reset the clock. If a clone is made ut of a 5 year old sheep, then the baby begins with 5 year old DNA.

I would guess you can make someone look younger, but a regession to childhood, no way. Where's all that mass goign to go as well?

It's just not working in my mind, I cant see how it would even begin to be possible. Oh, but making someone look and feel younger, say from 40 to 20. However the underlying cells are still the same biological age.

Taylor Millard
Jan 13th, 2003, 10:27:59 PM
I've always had it when Millard uses the Force he looks younger than when he doesn't use the Force.

It's how I explained the sudden 'younger' Millard to Anthony Hopkins.

Nupraptor
Feb 8th, 2003, 04:16:06 AM
I don't see a problem with it, rules-wise, but I don't think it's possible. Still, lots of impossible stuff goes on around here. :p

Silus Xilarian
Feb 9th, 2003, 09:03:46 PM
As far as the the wa your character look Taylor, I always chalked that up as him not having the force to draw strength from, thus making him look more tired and worn, thus somewhat older.

Its kinda like me when I didnt sleep for three days, and never got carded when buying cigarettes...:)