PDA

View Full Version : Telekinesis- Rolling Rocks (Rognan)

Ki-Adi Kindo
Jan 11th, 2003, 10:36:10 AM
Kindo sat quietly on the arena floor, his body motionless and eyes shut. Like he always did before training, he spent as much time as he could in peaceful meditation. It helped attune his Force senses, and often gave him guidance in various situations going on in his life. It allowed him to, just for a little while, let go of any anxiety or stress he was carrying on his shoulders. When he first entered the Order, he would spend around fifteen minutes struggling to feel what all the other Jedi felt. Now he would spend anywhere from one hour to three, depending on how busy he was that day.

Ki awaited the arrival of his Padawan Rognan Dar so that they could begin working on one of his best skills, telekinesis. It would prove extremely important to be able to know how to move things without you moving, especially in moments when all that separated your neck from a Sith's lightsaber was a mere inch. He would train Rognan to be just as good as he'd become, and if he'd done everything right, better than he was.

Rognan Dar
Jan 11th, 2003, 03:32:43 PM
Rognan had been ready for his training the whole day, waiting untill it was time to go. He left a good deal before it was time to leave, he couldn't wait around him room any longer. He walked around the Living Quarters for some time, then went and walked around the acadamy, watching other people training, untill it was time to met his master.

He entered the arena and saw his master sitting on the floor, motionless, and closed eye's. He walked quietly up to him master and sat down infront of him, trying not to disturb him.

Ki-Adi Kindo
Jan 13th, 2003, 07:29:50 PM
Kindo, though he hadn't opened his eyes or rose from the floor yet, could feel his Padawan walk in, precisely on time too. Having just spent a great deal of time in silent meditation, his Force senses were very alert, so it was of no surprise when he smiled.

He smiled because he could feel all of Rognan's excitement, the thrill the Lorridian found in learning more and more. He reminded Ki Adi much of himself at those times, how he got so estatic whenever he would learn something new about the Force.

- Are you ready to train, my young learner? -

Just like last time they met to train, he spoke directly to Rognan's mind in a calm, yet stern tone.

Rognan Dar
Jan 14th, 2003, 01:44:41 AM
"Am I ever." Rognan said almost shouting. He wanted to run around he had so much energy, he couldn't sit still. But he tried calming himself, sitting as still as his body would allow, which wasn't much.

"What are we going to learn today?"

Ki-Adi Kindo
Jan 14th, 2003, 04:37:32 PM
At last Ki Adi opened his eyes, though he remained in the same still position.

" As you can see, there are many rocks dispersed across the floor of this arena. Each and every one of them vary in weight, shape, and appearance. Now, staying right where you are, you're going to move all these rocks across the floor and into your hand, one at a time. "

Kindo could easily see his Padawan's worried expression, and could even feel the nervousness swelling within him. He knew Rognan probably wouldn’t be able to move all of the stones, especially the larger and heavier ones, however that was what the Jedi Knight was hoping for.

Rognan Dar
Jan 14th, 2003, 11:51:19 PM
"If you say so master." Rognan said returning to his normal self, wondering how this could be done but would not question his masters will.

"Do I just wish them to move...or is there some other way of doing this?" He couldn't figure it out. How could one move things without themselves moving. For Rognan it was hard to understand, him being a Lorrdian, comunicated to eachother through movement.

Ki-Adi Kindo
Jan 15th, 2003, 09:16:49 PM
" I thought you'd ask. "

Kindo motioned toward the largest of the stones, roughly the size of a helmet, except for it was nearly twice the weight. He began to gradually raise his hand, and as he did the rock itself was suddenly lifted up off the floor by some unseen force.

Leaving it to hover a foot above the ground, Ki Adi glanced back over at Rognan, who appeared to be captivated by what was unfolding before him.

" When you focus all of your concentration upon any given object, you are able to apply the Force and move that object without actually moving it yourself. It must seem that it comes rather easy to me, as it does, but that is only because I've had so much experience with it. It requires only the most complete trust in the power of the living Force. "

Rognan Dar
Jan 15th, 2003, 10:05:45 PM
Rognan smiled when Kindo told him he thought I would ask. But the monent passed and was listening to the explaination of how to use the force to move the rocks, and was amased at how Ki lifted the rock with ease.

"Wow." Was all he could say. "But how can I do it, I do not have experience like you do, so I dont understand how it is done."

Ki-Adi Kindo
Jan 16th, 2003, 06:23:46 PM
Kindo lowered his hand, and as he did the stone did likewise.

" What you must do is start out with simple things, for instance moving one of the rocks across the floor and into your hand just like I asked. You must do this by putting all your focus on one of those stones, and through the Force, call it to you. "

Rognan Dar
Jan 17th, 2003, 03:35:36 PM
A unsure look came across Rognan's face as he glanced at Kindo, but he looked away tord a rock, then streached out his hand as his master had done. He tried focusing on the rock, looking at its size and shape. He then called at it, in his mind, for it to come to his hand, but nothing happened. He tried harder, really focusing on the rock, but still nothing happened.

He put his hand down, thinking of what his master said, trying to understand what he was talking about. Then lifted his hand again, closed his eye's, feeling that strange feeling in him that he thought was the force. Calling upon it, made his hand flat as he called the rock again. This time it moved, though is eye's were closed, he could feel it move. Still calling the rock to him, it moved closer still untill it was right infront of him. Then with one last effert the rock jumped into his hand and he caught it.

He opened his eye's to see the rock in his hand, then exhailed a deep breath. He did it but it made him tired and he sighed at his succese.

"I did it..wow!"

Ki-Adi Kindo
Jan 23rd, 2003, 06:46:57 PM
Kindo lit up with smiles. His excitement met that of Rognan's, if not exceeded it. It gave him such a great feeling to see his Padawan advance like that, to see him take that next step forward in his training.

" Great job, my young Padawan. That was absolutely terrific! "

He quickly rose to his feet and glaring at the Lorridian, his bright grin was replaced with a shrewd one. By this you knew he had something up his sleeve, and it was good.

" Care to learn something else? "

He was certain that Rognan would want to do it, considering how thrilled he'd gotten just from his success with the stone.

Rognan Dar
Jan 23rd, 2003, 07:10:13 PM
Rognan looked at the stone in his hand for a few seconds, almost missing what Kindo said.

"More!? There's more then this?" He said staring strait at Kindo. Yes! I want to learn more."

Ki-Adi Kindo
Jan 25th, 2003, 07:17:08 PM
Without a moment's notice, Kindo began sprinting forward. It appeared strange, for Rognan had not the faintest clue of what he was doing. As he continued to run, he extended his hand out towards one of the stone lying about. The stone itself began to bolt across the floor, almost imitating Ki Adi.

The direction in which he was running was the same in which the rock was heading, and as the two drew closer, he reached down and picked it up. Turning back around to face the Lorrdian, he tossed the stone aside.

" Tell me, how would that benefit me as a Jedi? "

Rognan Dar
Jan 25th, 2003, 09:47:55 PM
"You could.......hit someone with it. Get food on the go." Rognan had no idea what he was saying. He just said whatever came to mund, though he didn't think thats what his master was expecting to hear.

Ki-Adi Kindo
Jan 28th, 2003, 04:31:59 PM
Kindo laughed aloud, and as he did Rognan couldn't help but do likewise.

" To get food on the go, maybe, but that skill can be used whenever you are on the run in a desperate situation and you have to use your telekinesis abilities to get hold of something. Remember, you won't always have the luxury of being able to stop and concentrate to you this skill, and that is why if practice what I just did, you'll be prepared when the time comes. "

Rognan Dar
Jan 29th, 2003, 02:13:07 PM
"Yes, Maser. But, why would I be in a desperate situation? And is there a better way to pratice telekinesis?"

Ki-Adi Kindo
Jan 30th, 2003, 04:29:17 PM
" Rognan, you serve under the Greater Jedi Order. Even as a Padawan, you are bound to fall under all sorts of desperate situations, for example going saber to saber with a Sith. I speak that from experience. "

Rognan Dar
Jan 30th, 2003, 07:15:23 PM
"Yes, Master. Are the Siths stronger? It seems like they are, the Jedi fear them, and one would not fear someone that is not stronger then them, no?"

Ki-Adi Kindo
Jan 30th, 2003, 08:47:59 PM
" The Jedi don't fear the Sith, but only try to avoid any unnecessary confrontations with them, but that is oftentimes most difficult. "

He grew silent momentarily as he contemplated what to say and how to say it.

" We'll go into everything on the Sith Order when the time comes. All you need to do is prepare yourself, and that is exactly what we are here doing now. "

Rognan Dar
Jan 31st, 2003, 12:27:39 AM
"Prepare myself for what? Is there going to be a war of some kind?" Rognan felt confused now. He didn't quite understand what his master was getting him ready for.

Ki-Adi Kindo
Feb 4th, 2003, 03:15:56 PM
" Well, in a sense there is a war going on. Jedi are in constant struggle with not only the Sith, but plenty of other darksiders who don't follow the ancient Sith teachings. They're always out to stir up trouble, to shatter the peace, and I'm preparing you to help preserve that peace. "

Rognan Dar
Feb 5th, 2003, 04:08:03 PM
"I want to help keep the peace....but I dont think I could fight a Sith. I like to learn, not fight. I just dont think I could do it." Rognan looked at the floor and thought, what have I got myself into.