PDA

View Full Version : Cars on the Road (some Concepts)

Dark Lord Dyzm
Jan 11th, 2003, 03:30:52 AM
Just looking at some of the new Concepts, and almost DIED!
The Mecury and the Cadallic Cars where SWEEEEEEET.
Mercury Messenger Concept
Cadillac Sixteen Concept

Dark Lord Dyzm
Jan 11th, 2003, 03:31:44 AM
Did I mention that the new Chevy and Ford Sports car Concepts looked like crap compared to these?

Sejah Haversh
Jan 11th, 2003, 03:38:02 AM
I heard that Caddy stole the show. Man, they haven't made a sixteen cylinder since the 40's...

Looks like Caddillac is back in the race again. Goodness knows their body stylings shot up several notches this year.

Jamel Croko'yn
Jan 11th, 2003, 03:39:48 AM
The both look like modified bat-mobiles to me, they look okay though. I ain't into cars and such like that, but It's cool I'd want one, but I'm sure I aint gettin' one.

I truly want a PT Cruiser, so I can come out the black car with a mafia suit, and go into a elegent club and cuss my <smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont> off, and still have all the respect in the world.

Dark Lord Dyzm
Jan 11th, 2003, 03:42:51 AM
Honestly, I think the Messenger looks like a rounded version of the cars from the 60's. The Long front, and the sloping back. It just reminds me of them. Without the flat look of the cars from the later 70's to 80's. I want that car! I will save up and buy that car! And then keep it in perfect condition. Who knows? Maybe someday when all new cars must be electric, that thing would be hella collectible.

Jamel Croko'yn
Jan 11th, 2003, 04:33:40 AM
I think it looks more like that car from the Viper show, or whatever it was, when they could talk to the car and it'd do something. Isn't that from the 80's, so I think it looks more like one of thost, just somewhat more rounded.

Diego Van Derveld
Jan 11th, 2003, 05:42:20 AM
PT Cruiser? You ought to be slapped.

Taylor Millard
Jan 11th, 2003, 06:28:29 AM
*does one better*

FORCE STEEL CHAIR!!

*WHACK*

Jamel is sent flying.

:D ;)

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 11th, 2003, 06:58:11 AM
PT Cruiser?

WHAT???????

BLECH

* Looks at pics *

Dont press my buttons. Then again, I prefer small. With 4wd and turbo. And lots of boost. And massive brakes. And handling. And enough communication from the chassis so I can drive using fingers and toes, steering on the throttle instead of the steeering. And a 6 speed manual.

Crystal StarRider
Jan 11th, 2003, 07:48:06 AM
Das BMW Z3.. is for me :D

Dae Jinn
Jan 11th, 2003, 09:52:03 AM
Originally posted by Marcus Elessar
PT Cruiser?

WHAT???????

BLECH

I agree. PT Cruiser is the beastur, and that one car looks too weird :x Some thing nice and sleak looking, in a pretty color is good enough ;)

Vinny Red
Jan 11th, 2003, 10:59:08 AM
PT cruiser is just a Neon with a face lift....

:x

Give me that new Nissan 350Z. I love that car

Alpha
Jan 11th, 2003, 12:50:16 PM
Give me a Viper or a nice Plymoth Prowler...:)

Diego Van Derveld
Jan 11th, 2003, 02:14:39 PM
I want a Jaguar X type sedan. Nothing big, performance wise, but just a really nice, sharp automobile. I've lusted after them for a long long time.

Alpha
Jan 11th, 2003, 02:22:15 PM
Wouldn't mind an XJ-220, but they're not street legal in the US...:(

Figrin D'an
Jan 11th, 2003, 02:33:48 PM
Porsche 911 GT2...

*drools*

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 11th, 2003, 03:57:46 PM
Monaro 427 HSV. Now THAT's not only horrifically fast (Faster by quite some margin than any Porsche) but looks.... yum.

Vinny Red
Jan 11th, 2003, 03:59:41 PM
Ohhh, kinda forgot about that GT2....that's a sweet ride too

Figrin D'an
Jan 11th, 2003, 06:38:16 PM
Not the GT2... the official top speed on that thing like 196 mph. The unofficial one is about 208 mph.

I can't say that I'm that impressed with the look of the Monaro 427. Just doesn't do it for me.

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 11th, 2003, 07:18:08 PM
420+ Kw in 7 litres, and the fact it beats a GT2 around a track by several seconds, does it for me. (Recent 24 hour race the Monaro won against Vipers, Porches, Ferraris and a Mosler, the 427 won by 21 laps and was consistently 3-4 seconds a lap faster in race trim than the others. It's the only large sized car I would want. Still, fast, small and nimble is my preference. Say.... MX-5 with a Resis 13B?)

Dark Lord Dyzm
Jan 11th, 2003, 08:47:56 PM
The messenger is a 4.6 Liter V8, I am going to look into it, looks spiffy. And maybe it will come in a stick version.

Automatics suck

Alpha
Jan 11th, 2003, 09:03:47 PM
Sticks are good for high preformance cars. :) Though I'm still learning how to use a stick shift and not stall the engine. lol.

Morgan Evanar
Jan 11th, 2003, 09:30:15 PM
For serious, I want an Infiniti G35 coupe for getting around town.

They're like a Z350 with comfy seats n'stuff.

For mass insanity, WRX STi. 300ish HP? Civic sized? All wheel drive?

YUS!

Also: 80's Volvo 240 wagon with a Skyline GT-R drivetrain is what my dream sleeper car would be. ^_^ kekekekkekeke.

Sanis Prent
Jan 11th, 2003, 09:34:33 PM
ROFL! Yeah, that's one hell of a sleeper.

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 11th, 2003, 09:40:14 PM
Also: 80's Volvo 240 wagon with a Skyline GT-R drivetrain is what my dream sleeper car would be. ^_^ kekekekkekeke.

Toyota 78 Corolla wagon. Bodgy paint, standard looking wheels and faked exhaust. Granny car.

Within a FJ20 turbo pushing 350 hp. 11 sec quarters. Road legal, cost 5000 all up.

It exists, mate has it. He also has a 260Z, with a GT-R driveline and a 20B twin turbo. Even faster by a long, long way

Morgan Evanar
Jan 11th, 2003, 11:23:12 PM
GT-R driveline and a 20B twin turbo

Faaawwwwwkkkkk.

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Jan 11th, 2003, 11:27:03 PM
*eyes all this but has no idea WTF is being said* O_o

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 12th, 2003, 12:08:49 AM
Morg, not quite as bad as the guy who turned up at my father's place with a XJ-6, with a full house 454 with twim blowers. 800 hp in road trim. It was sooooo wrong in a righteous way

Nathanial K'cansce
Jan 12th, 2003, 12:13:40 AM

mmmm, my grand prix.

*drools*

Absolutely nothing special about it, but it's mine! ^_^

Dark Lord Dyzm
Jan 12th, 2003, 01:00:16 AM
lol, same could be said about my Car

Extended Cab, Extended Bed, Mighty 4 Clylinder Truck...

Only reason it moves at all cause it a high ammount in the liter injection (mind went blank on ammount...) The freaking thing is designed for a 6 cylinder, but you know, they went cheap.

Cool thing is, besides very loose shocks, the back is long enough for a small bed for me to sleep on. Get me a sleeping bag, and I can drive down the coast. Sleeping in my truck comfy as can be. I planning to do it sometime this summer if possible. All I need is a place to park and I will be fine. (Any offers?)

Sejah Haversh
Jan 12th, 2003, 01:18:53 AM
Dude, if I could do the coast in a 2001 Celica GT-S with another guy and a real haul of gear, it'll be way easy in a truck by yourself. If you've got a canopy, that makes it a lot easier, too. And I highly reccomend highway 1 on the California coast. At night, the breakers sound like thunder. It's so cool. And see Hearst Castle while you're at it.

Jamel Croko'yn
Jan 12th, 2003, 01:20:17 AM
I think PT Cruisers are the best, lol

Dark Lord Dyzm
Jan 12th, 2003, 01:51:30 AM
Of Course it has a canopy, lol, I did forget to mention it. Take a bath in the Ocean or something to stay clean and salty

Sejah Haversh
Jan 12th, 2003, 02:11:05 AM
Well, don't go sea-bathing in northern Cal, it's freezing cold. SoCal is fine, though. And I can't stress enough that you cannot miss Hearst Castle. It is the most amazing place on eartn, natural or manmade, I have ever seen. Take the main tour, and then the one of the other wings, too. It's quite worth the six bucks, trust me.

California is a great place, and I'd like to go back there, but, alas, I have a friend to ship over here this summer, so, my vacation time and money have already been alotted.

Silus Xilarian
Jan 12th, 2003, 02:17:45 AM
My Honda's sitting in the driveway with a badly knocking engine, so I have to drive my crappy '94 Ranger :(

but on a brighter note....Nissan Skyline *drools*

Videl
Jan 12th, 2003, 02:37:42 AM
Originally posted by Sejah Haversh
Well, don't go sea-bathing in northern Cal, it's freezing cold. SoCal is fine, though. And I can't stress enough that you cannot miss Hearst Castle. It is the most amazing place on eartn, natural or manmade, I have ever seen. Take the main tour, and then the one of the other wings, too. It's quite worth the six bucks, trust me.

California is a great place, and I'd like to go back there, but, alas, I have a friend to ship over here this summer, so, my vacation time and money have already been alotted.

gotta love Cali, best weather ever here..... :D

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 12th, 2003, 02:42:14 AM
Skyline GTR - the most modifiable car known. The crankshaft can cope with 600 hp with out mods, the turbos can get up to 750 hp, the gearbox is tough enough to take 700 hp as well. And 30psi boost has been heard of. Originally built for Group A racing, it's only real handicap is weight. It's not light, but the 4wd is still one of the most advanced in a road car, the Altessa system keeps the car basically rear drive so it does not have the 4wd bugbear of understeer. I personally would liek to get hold of a R32, becuase they are lighter and their Altessa system is less compromising. It's also the R32 that redefined what a car from Japan could do.

Still, Japan's best cars have turbos and 4wd. They do those cars better than anyone. Lancer / Impreza / Skylines are all cars that are serious bit's of equipment. The older Galant I have, it's specs make impressive reading, even 10 years after release. Triple limited diffs (front, centre and rear), big turbo, huge intercooler, 2 Litre, 5 speed close ratio "forest" option box, 250hp standard in a car of about 1400 kg. The Galant's real problem again is it's weight. Mine did run 280 hp before it got pulled apart for racing prep, I'm goign to mod up to about 300. I've light weighted, but that also was to offset the rather crazy cage. 55 meters of steel tube, 27 individual pieces, 10 tags to the body shell 10 proper mounting points, seam welded.....

It's just getting insane how strong the body shell is now. And that kiddies, especially those who drive Civics with loud exhausts, is how a car is realyl modified.

Jamel Croko'yn
Jan 12th, 2003, 04:08:12 AM
I live in Cal, it is sometimes very boring, but that might be because I live there, and dont visit there, or vacation it. The glamour and stuff gets old, like if living in Las Vegas all your life, or anywhere seen spectacular, alot of places can be boring when you see it every day, or something, I dont know..

Silus Xilarian
Jan 12th, 2003, 10:45:34 PM
Originally posted by Marcus Elessar
And that kiddies, especially those who drive Civics with loud exhausts, is how a car is realyl modified.

:cry

You try doin any better on my paycheck :cry

Sanis Prent
Jan 12th, 2003, 11:10:44 PM
Why in God's name would you own a 4 cyllinder truck, Dyzm? Albeit the sticker price is nice...it took one test drive up a hill for me to know that wasn't happening. Stick with a V6 minimum. I've got a light pickup with a vortec. Drove it off the lot for 14,000 (albeit, I got a hell of a deal on it). It's got just enough acceleration to it that I am comfortable with it...but not so much as to burn me at the gas pump.

Dark Lord Dyzm
Jan 13th, 2003, 01:33:18 AM
Well you see, it was a Freebie, a Hand me down from my Dad. It was his. We must shop for headroom (6'4 and 6'5 tall are we) and for price. Before this Truck, he had a 80's Saab, which looked cool. Anyway, the truck is good. 8 years without a single probelm beyond a snapped fanbelt and some blown tires.

I was saving for a 67 Chevy Chevelle SS (Sounded good, Looked good) someone was selling on my street for 3000. But then they wrecked it. And I don't know what happened after that.

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 13th, 2003, 06:08:53 PM
Only good 4 cylinder have turbos :p

Photos of the Galant are now online. View Pic Request in GJO's Arcan IV forum