PDA

View Full Version : Enemy List?

Jamel Croko'yn
Jan 10th, 2003, 09:45:01 PM
Shouldn't we have like a large Enemy list, like a prime Enemies, the worst of the worst on here. Updated at least weekly through those who role play, also defining what they did to that paticular person, and then defining the person in general.

Ki-Adi Kindo
Jan 10th, 2003, 09:46:38 PM
From what I've seen, the enemy list has seem to have dropped. :\

Zeke
Jan 10th, 2003, 10:06:23 PM
Nah, enemies is sort of a player vs player thing...

Jamel Croko'yn
Jan 10th, 2003, 10:08:27 PM
Are you sure, I mean their could be people out there plotting against all of us, some of whcih I've seen are searching for just Jedi's to kill. It could be an Order, such as us against this one person, or a compliation of people. But that might be me being bias because it's my idea, but....hey, I dont know how it'd pan out.

Anbira Hicchoru
Jan 10th, 2003, 10:08:58 PM
And, there's frankly too much on the radar to sort out there. It would boil down to playing favorites, which shouldn't happen.

Jamel Croko'yn
Jan 10th, 2003, 10:10:52 PM
Maybe it could be mod orientated, only they could manage the Enemy List, and speak on the reason of why it is a threatening face to all of that the Order, and not that of only a few people.

TheHolo.Net
Jan 10th, 2003, 10:15:29 PM
It is against Jedi philosophy to have "enemies".

Jamel Croko'yn
Jan 10th, 2003, 10:20:27 PM
I see, well thank you on that tip. That'd about rap this up, lol

Ki-Adi Kindo
Jan 10th, 2003, 10:21:36 PM
If we went by how most things go around here, that philosophy is used as much as an old TV lacking color.

TheHolo.Net
Jan 10th, 2003, 10:22:28 PM
That is because many of the Padawans and Knights have not closely studied the Jedi code. :)

Jamel Croko'yn
Jan 10th, 2003, 10:26:55 PM
Well I am, so boo-yah!

Sejah Haversh
Jan 10th, 2003, 11:46:40 PM
The idea of an enemy is rather rediculous. It turns intelligent discernment into just having the good guys wear blue and the bad guys wear red.

Seriously, there would be little way to decided who is more evil than who, and who poses more of the threat. Superkill, for example, mught be capable of blowing up entire planets, but chooses to do little because he is lazy, and then Wannabebad can only shoot people, but does it a lot. So, who is the bigger threat?

Well, the answer would be obvious, if we knew for a fact that Superkill wasn't planning on actually doing anything, but we don't know that.

Also, making enemy lists would only promote fights, and take a lit of the intelligence out of tracking folks and setting up raids and other confrontations. Often, a fight can be better won without a punch being thrown, so, now is the bad person who wins fights tat way more of a threat than someone who just kills his enemies? I mean, both defeat the other, don't they?

I'll use Sejah for example. He has not gone lookign for a fight yet, and has often let his superiors handle problems so that he can watch and see how they are solved. He has no enemies persay, at least none that he would call enemies, but he does have those he doesn't trust, and those he would not prefer to deal with. But, if he were on a train ride with a nasty Sith, he'd rather sit patiently and ride out the trip if the Sith were willing to do so as well. The idea of an enemy only creates feelings of hostility and violence, neither are supposed to be Jedi traits. Use force as a last resort, and only to settle disputes, not to enlarge them.

I believe an enemy list is a poor idea, and should not be implemented here.

Jamel Croko'yn
Jan 10th, 2003, 11:48:25 PM
I agree! lol

Lilya Goldberry
Jan 12th, 2003, 12:38:24 AM
*shakes head*

You do realise.......GJO has no major enemies? There's no giant horde of Sith out to kill every Jedi, no secret group plotting against you.....Too Jedis for that to be true. The only "real" Sith group is TSO, and they're tiny :(

TheHolo.Net
Jan 12th, 2003, 12:42:45 AM
Enemy infers hate, hate is of the Darkside. :)

Lilya Goldberry
Jan 12th, 2003, 12:46:14 AM
*is of the Darkside ....most of the time* ^_^;

imported_Akrabbim
Jan 12th, 2003, 02:39:04 PM
Enemy doesn't necessarily involve hate. If a person is out to get you, they're your enemy regardless of what you feel toward them. A mugger, for example, becomes your enemy the instant he attacks you.

But that doesn't mean we need a list.

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 12th, 2003, 02:43:31 PM
We do not need a "list".

Syrius Cline
Jan 12th, 2003, 11:25:08 PM
You could, for fun, have a list or something like enemies. Except it could be a list of people, and a crime they have committed. Could be handled liek Holonet News. "This just in, Blahblah slays four in upper west Corusant District". The crimes, as to prevent "favorites", could be sent in my the criminals themselves. A Sith wants to RP destroying a hospital, then he e-mails the person in charge of the list, and that person puts it up.

Pierce Tondry
Jan 13th, 2003, 12:02:28 AM
The Black Hand is definitely plotting against GJO. Just ignore the fact that most of the members have sketchy internet connections or RP infrequently. :)

In all seriousness, an enemy list was something that was done back about two or three years ago when there was a horde of members in a single Sith group alone, not to mention there being other Sith groups AND random rogues. Now things are much smaller and people from a particular group are easily identified, especially if they are active and skilled in doing what they do.

Helenias Evenstar
Jan 13th, 2003, 12:16:00 AM
A list I dont think is needed and certainly, if it became a "worst enemies" list, I could see some ego problems. I would have to agree with Pierce - even someone whom is online as infrequently as I am, I have a good grasp who the current crop of evil is.

imported_Jackson Mcgraves
Jan 13th, 2003, 04:24:07 PM
I tell you what you you only need one name on that list and that name is Blade Ice. :D

Angelica Shin
Jan 14th, 2003, 07:37:13 AM
*thwaps Jackson*

There is no need of some large elaborate list, I could see the sith having one of poitential Jedi they'd like to kill, but not the Jedi......

It's just, stupid, for lack of a better word.