PDA

View Full Version : Breaking Foundations: Suspicion and Conspiracies (Complete)

Tomar
Jan 10th, 2003, 02:23:19 AM
OOC- I thought it easier to provide a guide for those who're just beginning to read these 'Breaking Foundations threads'. There are a lot of them...so in order here's what they are.

Breaking Foundations: Set ups and Dynamite (http://meras.org/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5358)

Breaking Foundations: Payback Sucks (http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24830&highlight=Payback)

Breaking Foundations: Grabbing Shadows (http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25454)

Breaking Foundations: The Will of an Admiral (http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25842)

Breaking Foundations: Raiders and Transports (http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26113)

Breaking Foundations: A Brief Pause (http://meras.org/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5776)

Breaking Foundations: Command Structure (http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25896)

Breaking His Foundations: Letters of my own (http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26208)

Breaking the father's foundations (http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26194)

Breaking Foundations: Destroying the Old Mold (http://meras.org/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5889)

Breaking Foundations: Political Stances (http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=456867#post456867)

Breaking Foundations: The Year of the Dragon (http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26270)

Breaking Foundations: Strange Allies (http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26365)

Breaking Foundations: Happenings on the Edge of the Empire (http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26429)

Breaking Foundations: Suspicions and Conspiracies

IC:/

Balmorra, The Imperial Compound near Chateau Millard

I might be reassigned to 'logistics' I thought as I took another sip from my tea, But that still doesn't mean I can't keep on eye on Admiral Vorrann.

I'd been like this for weeks, ever since my reassignment. I knew something was up...but I didn't know what. And with the appearance of these 'Inquisitors' and the rumors of a Rogue Jedi running around Balmorra, I began to think Kiterix was up to something big.

My thoughts were confirmed days prior when Jaranda Piett-Tomar, the head of Imperial Intelligence on Balmorra (although now underground with Morewind- whoever the devil he was- in charge) and my wife, informed me that MISTLETOE (our best contact in Kiterix's cabinent) has seen the Jedi Xazor Dawnstrider sneak into his office. It wasn't really sneak in more walked in.

About twenty minutes later, Comand-no-General Silus Xilarian, followed. Their meeting was atleast an hour and Silus and Xazor left together, apparently to 'catch up' (although that definition of catching up was not given). Knowing Silus...it could have been anything.

How Taylor was able to stand being Silus' Master (as Maester Wargrave) I'll never know.

I let out a long sigh. It appeared Kiterix was reeling in members of the military. Sarin Vorrann, formerly of the Imperial Rememnant, was now holding what my position was...acting commander of the Balmorran Military. Xilarian was now a general and the head of all fighter squadrons on the new SSD Draconian.

The Super Star Destroyer made my blood boil, Millard got you that SSD you, self-righteous...self-serving, Hutt Scum. He should've been here for the ceremony.

But instead Taylor was off still trying to find Loklorien s'Ilancy. I certainly didn't blame the Grand Admiral for that. But I wish he'd find her and get back. It's taking too long.

Again I sighed and turned back to my notes.

The Cronus had been attacked by unknown forces. Captain Desjardins said he sent the camera recordings of the attack but I never got them.

Perhaps someone was going through my mail. It'd make sense, as Millard's was being gone through. I'd caught Silus about a month ago going through the mail.

Fools...absolute fools.

Whatever Kiterix was planning it was big. And I needed help to know what was going on.

The door to my office knocked and the person I was hoping to see walked in.

Elessar Stavit
Jan 11th, 2003, 03:52:14 AM
Lieutenant Elessar Stavit stood in the doorway, his flight suit discarded and the traditional Imperial Uniform on.

If there's one thing I don't like about being in the Empire it's the uniform. But at a time like this...I need to wear it.

Stavit looked at Commodore Tomar nodding as he entered.

"Commodore you wished to speak me?"

Tomar
Jan 11th, 2003, 04:08:53 AM
"Yes," I replied, motioning him to take a seat at my desk.

"Marjorie," I rang my secretary.

"Yes, Commodore?"

"I'm afraid I have some pressing business going on right now, can you tell everyone who wishes to get a hold of me to leave a message?" I motioned to the Shadow Squadron member to get a drink from the tea pot near my desk.

"Of course, Commodore," was the reply from the outside office, "May I ask why?"

"I'm afraid I need to discuss with Lieutenant Stavit about his place in the Balmorran Empire," I saw Stavit's face blanche, "He may need some reassigning."

"Yes sir."

After closing the connection, I turned to Stavit and stood up. I pressed a button on my desk and a panel on the other side of the wall opened up, revealing a secret passageway.

"Now, Lieutenant...we were going to discuss your career," I said as I walked towards the passageway and into it. I waited for Stavit to follow.

Elessar Stavit
Jan 11th, 2003, 04:20:43 AM
Stavit rose to his feet quickly and caught up with Tomar.

What th'hell's goin' on?

"Begging your pardon, sir, but why are we discussing my career? I thought I was doing a good job?"

Tomar
Jan 11th, 2003, 04:25:12 AM
I smiled at Stavit's naivete.

"You are doing a good job," I replied continuing to walk down the corridor.

Elessar Stavit
Jan 11th, 2003, 04:26:18 AM
Stavit was getting even more confused.

If I'm doing a good job, why am I here?

"But-," he started to say.

Tomar
Jan 11th, 2003, 04:26:21 AM
"But I have been told," I turned serious, "That you have been asking questions about what's going on in the Balmorran Empire. Specifically my reassignment."

Elessar Stavit
Jan 11th, 2003, 04:27:24 AM
"A few of us were wonderin' yeah," 'Frosty' said, ducking under a low beam.

"It just seemed wierd, that you'd get reassigned like that. We didn't think it would be something Grand Admiral Millard would want."

Tomar
Jan 11th, 2003, 04:37:09 AM
"You're correct. Millard didn't ask for my reassignment," I said.

"From what I understand, it was straight from Emperor Kiterix."

Elessar Stavit
Jan 11th, 2003, 04:38:52 AM
"From the Emperor?" Stavit feigned surprise.

Of course it makes sense now...Kiterix fires Millard then promotes Vorrann and Silus. Xilarian said something was going on but not what...

"I was wondering, sir," Stavit replied as the two kept walking, "Do the Inquisitors have something to do with the reassignment? They are asking a ton of questions to everyone."

Tomar
Jan 11th, 2003, 04:41:10 AM
"I see," I replied stopping in the hall.

This kid was good. He asked questions...but too many of them. If he wasn't careful...he'd be dead.

That was the first thing Jaranda told me when we first started our relationship. Too many questions led to too many suspicions.

But now wasn't the time for me to not ask questions. Stavit was getting at something. And while he could be a spy for Kiterix, Jaranda was sure about this loyalties. And her word was good for me.

"Have they asked you anything, Mister Stavit?"

Elessar Stavit
Jan 11th, 2003, 04:43:03 AM
He shook his head, "Not really. I heard they talked to Commander Torre and Colonel Marr though. But never to me.

"Scuttlebutt only gets me so much info, ya know?"

Tomar
Jan 11th, 2003, 07:43:00 PM
"No I don't know," I replied...I'd never been a pilot after all. That was Taylor's gig, how he made his fame. I'd always been in the officer's corp...but Taylor had forced me to learn how to fly TIE Fighters, just as Grand Admiral Thrawn had forced him to learn tactics and how to command a fleet, instead of a squadron.

"But I do know that it helps to listen to rumors and possibilities," I kept his face from falling.

"That's what I was told...so apparently we get the same information."

I wasn't Taylor and I'd never be Taylor...

"What sort of questions have they been asked?"

Elessar Stavit
Jan 13th, 2003, 02:16:02 AM
Stavit had a think a little bit.

"Mainly on the squadron. Who they liked, who they didn't like," he looked sideways down the corridor. He coulda sworn he saw something move.

"Nothing that seems important, but those Inquisitor guys have a way of asking that gets under people's skin."

Tomar
Jan 13th, 2003, 02:24:41 AM
I knew the feeling. The only Imperial Intelligence member who'd never gotten on my nerves was Jaranda. But then I was biased.

"All I want you to do is keep on what you're doing. Keep your ear open for anything suspicious. Especially these attacks going out near Kyrinos."

Elessar Stavit
Jan 13th, 2003, 02:24:45 AM
"Still no word on them?" Stavit asked, crossing his arms.

Tomar
Jan 13th, 2003, 02:25:51 AM
"No none," I replied.

"I suspect something is going on, but I'm a bit handicapped by my new posistion."

I gave him a serious look, "If you see anything. Or hear anything. Let me know."

Elessar Stavit
Jan 13th, 2003, 02:40:21 AM
Stavit nodded, "Understood sir.

"I take it this was what you wanted to talk to me about?"

Tomar
Jan 13th, 2003, 02:41:25 AM
"It was Lieutenant," I replied, and we started walking back.

"There is one more thing though," I said as we walked back into my office.

"Be careful out there. I may never have been on the deck as a pilot. But I know it's dangerous.

"Dismissed."

Elessar Stavit
Jan 13th, 2003, 11:55:20 AM
Elessar nodded, saluted, then exitted the office.

What the hell was that about? he wondered as he walked down the hallways.

He shook his wrist, "Damn these uniforms are..." he stopped suddenly as he felt a card in his wrist.

Looking left and right, the Shadow Squadron member ducked into an adjact hallway and stared at the small card in his hand.

"Hello what's this?" he muttered.

Come to the 'Sabacc Deck' at 2330 tonight.' J

Well this is interesting... he thought as he walked down the hall, towards the nearest lift.

He nodded to the Inquisitor standing next to him in the lift, a red-haired woman he'd seen around Bin Prime and Tar Station a few times.

Then he exitted the lift and headed away from the Imperial Compound towards SS' on planet bunker.

He had a few things to do before going to the club tonight.

Tomar
Jan 14th, 2003, 01:26:20 AM
I sat back in my chair and sighed, allowing myself a tight smile.

Two minutes later, the datapad on my desk *beeped*. I picked it up and watched as the message read.

Hi honey, I'm going to be running late tonight...I have dinner and then a sabacc game. I'll see you tonight.

Jaranda.

I smiled...Contact had been made.

Time for a conspiracy to start.

Elessar Stavit
Jan 16th, 2003, 01:17:55 PM
It was three minutes before 11:30 when Stavit made it to the 'Sabacc Deck'. It'd been tough to keep Bette and Val from coming with him. Let alone Silus. But Elessar'd been able to slip out and make it to the 'Deck' without too much difficulty.

He hadn't sat down for three minutes when an older woman, still quite attractive slipped in the booth next to him. She gave him a warm smiled but the Imperial pilot saw the look in her grey eyes.

Pure coldness.

"Good evening Elessar," she said, as if she were greeting an old friend, "It's good to see you again."

He decided to play along, "Ah...you too...shall we play?" he indicated the stack of sabacc cards in her hands.

She nodded, "Of course...Imperial rules," she set four cards in front of him.

"What do you think of the Empire?"

Elessar Stavit
Jan 18th, 2003, 03:49:16 AM
Stavit paused...if anything this was a test.

"It's not too bad. I get paid, I have a nice ship, and a good squadron," he replied setting two of his cards on the table.

"Are you happy with your rank?"

The hell? Stavit thought.

"It's fine. Sure I'd like to advance, but I'm enjoyin' it. SS is great."

The woman leaned forward, throwing two credits on the bet pile,"What if you could advance in ranking?"

The Shadow Squadron pilot set his cards down, "Sorry lady I'm not interested in advancing like that."

As he started to rise up, he saw the woman smile, and place her hand on his.

"Enough Elessar, I had to confirm you wouldn't do that.

"Are you happy with Kiterix?"

This has to be a trap, 'Frosty' thought as he gazed his eyes around the room. He saw the man at the bar, occasionally looking over at the two as they sat.

"First off," he said, motioning his head towards the man at the bar, "Have the back up man come up here. Then be quick...the Squad'll want me back any time now."

Tomar
Jan 22nd, 2003, 12:17:37 PM
When Jaranda gave me the signal I knew I had to walk up there. The good news was my disguise was about as good as anything.

I was a bad back-up man, but that was the plan. Besides...we had someone else in the crowd

Crossing the distance from the bar to the booth, I slipped next to Jaranda and stared at Stavit.

"We were wondering if you could help us with something, Mister Stavit."

He looked interesting so I continued, "Keep your ears open for anything. That includes what the Inquisitors are up to."

Elessar Stavit
Jan 27th, 2003, 07:15:09 PM
Stavit nodded slowly, trying to digest what was going on. It was pretty obvious that Commodore Tomar and this 'J' were planning something.

'Frosty' had a feeling it was against Vorrann. Which also meant it was against Kiterix.

"You want me to keep my ears open, why not someone else? Torre's pretty good at listening. Same with Dapp."

Tomar
Jan 28th, 2003, 02:04:47 AM
He was a smart one. Willing to listen, but not willing to trust blindly. He would be good to work with.

I decided to tell him the truth, "The destruction of Castle Millard. You remember it yes?"

I knew he did...

"We think..." I lowered my voice, "Kiterix may have helped in the destuction of the castle."

The look on the man with the callsign 'Frosty' said it all. We had him.

Elessar Stavit
Jan 28th, 2003, 12:55:48 PM
Rain... the name still hurt him. She'd not only been his friend but also someone who he spent a great deal of time with. Sure they never talked about being together for a long time, but he always enjoyed being around her.

They might've been friends with benefits, but he considered her one of his best friends. So, to a degree...he loved her.

The destruction of Castle Millard changed that. She'd been running towards the hangar with Elessar, as the castle fell around them. He remembered seeing her push him as a beam came down on both of them. Val and Kam had to drag Stavit to the hangar as he tried to pull Rain's body from the rubble.

He clenched his eyes and glared.

"If Kiterix had something to do with Rain's death..." he looked at both Tomar and Jaranda,

"Then I'm in."

Tomar
Jan 31st, 2003, 12:58:49 AM
Jaranda and I smiled and nodded, literally seconds apart.

"Thank you, Mister Stavit," Jaranda handed him a datapad, which contained some personal contact numbers.

"Now...this won't be easy business...you'll still work with Shadow Squadron, but you'll have to decide who you'll trust within the squadron. With Xilarian getting promoted to General and Vorrann to Admiral; me personally, I'm not sure if you can trust them."

I saw Stavit slowly nod his head in agreement, "Find some people you trust and tell them the same thing. That you need them to keep you informed of things going on. Don't worry, you're not alone in this endeavor. There's another member of Shadow Squadron helping us also."

I looked from 'Frosty' to Jaranda, "You don't have to keep me informed...only 'J' here."

I'd seen enough of her reports to know Jaranda didn't like her name being thrown around. She was Millard and mine's secret weapon.

And we preferred to keep her a secret.

I extended my hand to him, "Mister Stavit...good luck."

Then I rose and exitted the club quickly.

Elessar Stavit
Jan 31st, 2003, 02:14:16 AM
"Yeah I'm in," Stavit watched as Tomar disappeared quicky out of the club, "I guess he can't be seen 'round here a lot huh?"

'J' gave the pilot a harsh look, "Hey we all have jobs to do Mister Stavit. That includes him."

Elessar raised his arms quickly, "Sorry I didn't mean it like that."

He took a look at the datapad given to him, "So...this is it huh? If I see anything I get in contact with you?"

Jaranda nodded to him, "Yes. Leave a message. And stay anonymous."

Stavit raised an eyebrow, "And what do I call you? What's your name?"

The Director of Imperial Intelligence rose from her seat, leaving the sabacc deck on the table.

"That, Lieutenant...is classified," then she disappeared into the crowd.

Damn, Stavit thought, Something is going on. I better help 'em out though.

He finished a glass of water, then rose and began to leave.

Things under Millard were a lot better then they are now. You knew where your orders were comin' from. These days...with the Inquisitors and Vorrann...you don't know which side's gonna stab ya. The front or the back. I don't even know who t'trust now.

He'd have to think about it a bit more before making his decision on who to trust. But he had a pretty good idea.

When he got back to the bunker, he knocked on Ned Stark's door.

"Look," he said after being invited in, "But something's goin' on we need t'talk 'bout."

Stark waved him off, "Later Stavit. We're shipping out now...we're bein' moved to the Draconian again. We're gonna attack Bilbringi now."

He gave Stavit a knowing look, "We'll talk a bit later."

The two pilots ran down the halls towards the nearest shuttle.

It was time for work now.