PDA

View Full Version : Haha, the Least loses again -- badly

JonathanLB
Jan 9th, 2003, 11:08:08 PM
The Nets had the biggest active winning streak in the NBA with 10 straight victories, but the Kings were *yawn* not amused. Coming into New Jersey, the Kings ripped the Nets to pieces by 36 points, at times leading by more than 40 in their 118-82 victory over the Leastern Conference's Nets.

I can just picture the meeting before this game with the Kings: "Ok guys *yawn* we are playing the East's best team *yawn*, so you guys go out there and try not to play too lousy. Then we can hit the bars and prepare for our next game against a real team, i.e. one on the West." Haha, god that game was pathetic. The Nets' own fans were booing their dumb @$$es by the end of the game. I think the Blazers could take any team in the East, including the sorry Nets, same goes with the Mavs, probably the Suns and the Spurs too.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 9th, 2003, 11:12:06 PM
I disagree the Pacers could win, if they get their act together. They did rip the Mavs at home earlier this year. I think they will be in the Finals again, this will be Miller's last Chance

JonathanLB
Jan 9th, 2003, 11:21:15 PM
Well I wouldn't put much faith in the Pacers -- I think Golden State could beat them on a decent day.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 9th, 2003, 11:37:06 PM
Oh now that is cruel, the Pacers have already beaten Golden State once, I think by 20 points or so, they have a very good team, probably the 4th best center in the NBA, one of the rebounders and the best defensive player and the best 3 point shooter of all time. Their two biggest problems right now is personal fouls (they have been playing like the bad boys of old there) and inconsistent point guard play by Tinsley, if he can play like he is capable they should win the east.

jjwr
Jan 10th, 2003, 06:25:59 AM
Sigh.....one huge loss does not a season make.

The Nets aren't that bad and the Kings aren't that good. The Nets played a horrible game, I mean just downright awefull. No defense and they were just flat.

Why....I have no idea, one would think playing a top west team would be enough to get the Nets up for the game but something was seriosuly lacking in their team.

Regardless of the opposition winning 10 games in a row is impressive, the Nets may just be drained after those 10 games.

JonathanLB
Jan 10th, 2003, 05:47:01 PM
The Kings are great. I don't see how you could call the NBA's 2nd best team not that great when they just annihilated the Nets. I think the Mavs remain the team to beat, but Kings are second.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 10th, 2003, 11:02:08 PM
Its still a long way to go, also the Lakers are finally playing better, they will be team to watch in the second half. Honestly the regular season really doesn't matter except for seeding several teams could win it if they get hot, IMO.

JonathanLB
Jan 11th, 2003, 02:53:47 AM
I agree with that, but the Mavs are not going anywhere besides #1. They are awesome. Hot all season. 30-5 is a remarkable record, I can't even believe how good that is. I think the Mavs win the championship this year. I'd be very happy to see that. I love the Mavs. Cuban is everything a good owner should be because he actually cares about his team and is there every time. He cares more about winning than money -- this is the type of owner I WISH we had in Portland. Oh, sure, our owner will spend money, but he hires and keeps this IDIOT Bob Whitsit and we never manage to go anywhere. The money alone doesn't do it. His management is total absentee ownership. He lives up in Seattle, not even in the same STATE, and he owns our team. Pa-thetic.

I love the Mavs. Great, fun team to watch. I always like watching them dismantle their oponents. I like everyone on the team pretty much, which is not true of the Kings. Overall I kinda sorta like the Kings, but ugg, they have some really stupid looking and stupid acting players too. Its a mixed bag. But on the other hand, they're not the Lakers. I hate every member of the Lakers besides maybe Horry. The rest, seriously every one of them, are total @$$ clowns.

Taylor Millard
Jan 11th, 2003, 03:03:02 AM
Wait...wait...can you say that again?

Did I just hear someone outside of TX PRAISE THE MAVS?

Or was I dreaming again?

JonathanLB
Jan 11th, 2003, 05:04:24 AM
Haha, yeah, why, am I crazy?!?! Yeah I already knew I was crazy, but hey I like the Mavs. They are fun to watch! I'm a fan, what can I say. They throw up a lot of points, they're fast-paced, Cuban has a heck of a personality, funny guy, and I just like them in general. My fav. team besides the Blazers, have been though for two years, not just this year. I loved them last year even though I realized they had a huge problem on defense.

This year, wow, they fixed the defensive problems amazingly well. They're a great defensive team!

Taylor Millard
Jan 11th, 2003, 06:32:06 AM
I can't believe I'm hearing this.

WOW!

I bet if I told Randy Galloway or Coop (CMJ knows who I'm talking about...or he should) they'd be semi-surprised. :lol

jjwr
Jan 11th, 2003, 08:00:43 AM
The Mavs are fun, I was hoping they would do better last year but Nash, Finley, Nowiztki, etc decided not to play defense in the playoffs.

JLB, I'm not saying the Kings aren't a good team but day in and day out they're not 36pts better than the Nets. Kings had a great game and the Nets played like crap, it happens. Kings would probably win a 7 game series but not every game by 30+ points.

JonathanLB
Jan 11th, 2003, 12:17:40 PM
True, JJWR, I know. They're not THAT much better, but it was a decisive victory that's for sure.

I still think in a seven game series, Kings would probably win in 4-5 games personally. I do not think the East has much to offer as far as competition to the best teams of the West.

Wait why is it so surprising to like the Mavs?

Taylor Millard
Jan 11th, 2003, 03:19:46 PM
'Cause for the last 22 years of my life outside of Dallas, I've heard how the Dallas teams (not just the Cows) suck and are terrible and a joke...

"Hockey in TX...that's nutty...Oh the Stars are just the best team money can buy..."

"The Mavericks are a joke...They've got some good players but they'll never survive a whole season."

"The Rangers paid too much for ARod (not really, he's the best player in baseball)...they're pretenders..."

And the critiscism about the Cows isn't too unwarranted :lol

Okay I'm finished :lol

CMJ
Jan 11th, 2003, 06:41:01 PM
Of course I know who Galloway and Cooperstein are. :p

It's funny I grew up in the Dallas/Fort Worth area and none of my favorite professional; sports franchises are from there.

Taylor Millard
Jan 11th, 2003, 07:47:48 PM
Well that's okay...I'm technically not from Dallas myself. :)

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 11th, 2003, 08:16:36 PM
Well the Rangers don't seem to look to be getting any better any time soon, the owner does overpay players I think he gave 1 million to a minor league player who isn't really anything special, which is insane.

Taylor Millard
Jan 11th, 2003, 08:23:17 PM
If Tom Hicks wants to spend his money that way let him.

The Rangers have some young starting pitching which'll help 'em at some point. Colby Lewis, Danny Kolb, Doug Davis...all of those are young pitchers developing.

The contract to Chan Ho Park was goofy, especially since he got hurt during Spring Training.

Dave Burba was a wash out.

I'm not gonna disagree that the Rangers are terrible...but I had a lotta fun goin' to the game I went to last year.

ARod (or if you're in Seattle, Pay Rod) is a treat to watch. :)

JonathanLB
Jan 11th, 2003, 08:56:23 PM
Well I remember when I first started watching the NBA, back in the day, haha, the Mavs really sucked hard. They were like the Denver Nuggets always have been or the Golden State Warriors (Warriors?! WTF does that mean to a team that can't even win 40 games?).

Last year, I really liked watching the Mavs, but the problem always was that their defense was terrible! The worst defensive team I have ever seen for sure. They scored points, but at the cost of playing defense at all seemingly. Then this year, total 180 degree turnaround, they score 103 points a game and only let up 90 or so. Their defense is if anything one of their strengths. Oh you want to play a defensive game? Fine, Dallas can win 80 to 75, no problem. You want to try out to outscore them?! Haha, riiiight, they can score 120 in 4 quarters if they want. They can beat a team anyway they want, on a good night, and so far they've had 30 good nights out of 35. :)

Taylor Millard
Jan 11th, 2003, 09:10:19 PM
Hey the Mavs were good in the mid to late 80s. It was the 90s where it all fell apart.

The most fun I ever had at a Mavs game was the infamous 'shoving game' between Nellie and Karl Malone.

That was fun to watch...Nellie'll take no gup from Malone. :)

JonathanLB
Jan 11th, 2003, 09:32:55 PM
Malone is a trucker hick. I hate that retard. The entire Jazz is a sickening team. I cannot stand them. I only hate the Jazz and the Lakers, every other team I am neutral towards or perhaps pity in the case of the Clippers, the Warriors, and the Nuggets, lol. I don't hate those teams, I don't like them, I simply pity their sorry @$$es.