PDA

View Full Version : Sitting in the courtyard...(Ebony, training. :))

Alpha
Jan 9th, 2003, 10:24:07 AM
Satine sits on his large rock, his wings spread out behind him for better balance, his eyes closed. He had agreed to train a newcomer, Ebony was his name. In the JedNet, the MAstre had sent his new pupil a message. Quite short, actually.

"Report for training, noon, in the old courtyard in section six of the temple.

Ebony
Jan 9th, 2003, 10:39:19 AM
Ebony had received the message for when her training starts. As she approaches the appropriate section where she's supposed to report to, she wonders for the umpteenth time why she's here. As for always, the answer is the same, her promise to her daughter.

Dressed in a black jumpsuit with her lightsaber hanging from a black belt at her waist, she enters the old courtyard where she's supposed to be, about twenty minutes late, not really caring that she's late.

Absentmindidly she runs a hand through her black fur, a slightly different shade of black from her jumpsuit. For Angel, she will do this for now. For her little girl that she no longer has. So in a quiet voice which holds alot of power in it, she says

"I'm here"

Alpha
Jan 9th, 2003, 06:16:59 PM
Satine opens his eyes, revealing the color to be a startling silver, shining in the light. He gives a little half-smile.

"You're a bit late, but that's ok. you are Ebony, I take it? Please, sit down." Satine gestures to the area in front of the rock.

"For this, I just want to see how much you know in the force, and, also, to know a bit about you."

Ebony
Jan 10th, 2003, 10:03:19 AM
Ebony smiles slightly at the thought of how much she knows about the Force.

"I prefer to be standing in a case like this. I'm not really in the habit of sitting with Jedi. And yes, I am Ebony."

Ebony makes no comment about her being late.

"It would take quite some time for me to show you how much I know of the Force because when I left to come here, I had already reached the level of Knight with my Master back home."

Ebony then goes and leans up against a tree that is in the courtyard.

"In short, I'm a fully trained Darksider who's here because of a promise. Other then that, there's pretty much nothing else to tell about me other then I've had experience being a Mother and I was my Master's number one student and I'm on the hunt for the Jedi which killed my parents so I can kill them."

Ebony has learned one major thing since she arrived here at the Academy. Jedi usually don't shrink from the truth.

Alpha
Jan 10th, 2003, 02:08:00 PM
Satine raises his left eyebrow.

"Well, that's an odd one...So, you're here for revenge, is that it? If you are, I would recommend that you go...But, I'm being unfair. What would you do if you caught this Jedi?"

Ebony
Jan 10th, 2003, 05:33:57 PM
Ebony shakes her head slightly.

"No, I'm not here because of revenge. I'm here because I promised my daughter that if anything were to happen to her, I would come here.

As for what I would do to the Jedi which killed my parents when I catch up to them. That's very simple. I'll kill them. If they are here, then that will make my job that much easier. And please, don't try to stop me in this. I keep my word when I give it. And I have promised to kill both the Jedi which killed my parents."

Alpha
Jan 10th, 2003, 09:10:20 PM
"Words of honor like that normally don't get you anywhere...Believe me, I speak from experience." Sighing, Sating shakes his head.

"Now, back to the lesson. You said it would take a while to show me what you know. Well, begin. Though, do not show me any of your Dark side abilities."

Ebony
Jan 11th, 2003, 10:08:00 AM
Ebony smiles slightly.

"I have yet to break my word when I have given it. I do not plan on starting now to break it.

As for me showing what I know, that would be hard for me to do for all I know is the Darkside."

Alpha
Jan 11th, 2003, 10:26:10 AM
"What? No Force pushes? No Force shields? Jump? Anything like that?"

Ebony
Jan 13th, 2003, 10:01:22 AM
Ebony laughs slightly

"Oh, I can do that."

Ebony smiles a bit now as she reaches out with the Force, Darkside since she doesn't know how to use the Lightside, grabs Satine, lifts him up and throws him against another tree in the courtyard. After the throw, she lets him go, takes a couple of quick steps, jumps into the air towards Satine, flips while using the Force to help her along and lands, her feet on either side of Satine when she lands.

"So things like that?"

Alpha
Jan 13th, 2003, 06:45:03 PM
Satine smiles a bit, and looks at the shattered tree-trunk--No tree could withstand the power of one of his Force shields.

"Yes, that would be one of the things. Now, I take it you have no idea how to tap into the Light side at all?"

Ebony
Jan 14th, 2003, 09:37:42 AM
Ebony sighs slightly and shakes her head.

"As I have already mentioned, all I know is the Darkside. I do not know the Lightside."

Alpha
Jan 14th, 2003, 05:07:37 PM
"Well, then, it's time to teach you. First thing you do, is you clear your mind. Get rid of every thought, every impulse. Focus. Feel the force around you."

Ebony
Jan 16th, 2003, 10:08:40 AM
Ebony looks at Satine for the longest of moments while her thoughts raise in her head and her first instinct is to rebel against what he's trying to teach her, but No, she will do this. At least for now.

She then slows her thinking down to help clear her mind. After she had done that, she focus's on just feeling the Force, something she has never really done much of before.

Alpha
Jan 16th, 2003, 09:13:57 PM
Satine could feel Ebony begin to tap into the force the Jedi way. He allows himself a small smile.

"Good job, so far...Now, close your eyes, begin to really concentrate. First thing's first. I want you to begin to see using the Force. Use it as your second sight. It works quite well, believe it or not."

Ebony
Jan 16th, 2003, 09:38:35 PM
Ebony closes her eyes and concentrates even more then she was before. Still keeping her thoughts slowed down, she goes to 'see' with the Force. A slight smile appears on her face when she does this on the Lightside.

Alpha
Jan 17th, 2003, 09:32:32 AM
Satine watches Ebony smile.

"I see you managed to do it? Good. Now, try and lift one of the smaller rocks around the courtyard. Pick one."

Ebony
Jan 17th, 2003, 09:41:00 AM
Ebony nods slightly as she reaches out to pick up one of the rocks with the Force. It's not the smallest one that she could find. While holding it with the Force, she starts to move it around the courtyard slowly.

Alpha
Jan 17th, 2003, 10:23:48 AM
Satine was very pleased. He hadn't honestly expected her to be able to move a rock yet--in fact, for someone knew to this kind of Force-useage he wasn't expecting her to be able to lift it. Yes, pleasantly surprised....

"Very good...Now, how hard are you having to conentrate?"

Ebony
Jan 20th, 2003, 09:48:24 AM
"I'm not having to concentrate any more then as if I were just looking at my surrondings normally."

Ebony says this as she is still moving the rock around with the Force. What she's not saying is that she's just adapting some of the things which she was taught when she was younger to this.

Alpha
Jan 20th, 2003, 07:02:40 PM
"Really? Interesting...You're taking to this fine...Any other tricks you think you can do?"

Ebony
Jan 21st, 2003, 09:21:39 AM
"Probably. All I'll really need to do is practise the things that I learned before, but more this way then exactly as how I was taught unless it differs greatly from what I already know then I will need some extensive lessons."

Ebony omits the fact that she will need constant reminding to use the Lightside instead of the Darkside like she is so used to doing.

Alpha
Jan 21st, 2003, 04:06:17 PM
"Yes, well, just remember...Do not go back down the dark path...I've been there a couple times. not fun. And, as for the Light Side techniques differing from the Dark ones, yes, they do. Especially when you are in combat. That will be the real key..."

Ebony
Jan 28th, 2003, 09:44:03 AM
"If I have to fall back on what I've been taught since I was a child, I shall. And it can be quite fun actually to be on the Darkside.

But I will do my best to do things on the Lightside."

Alpha
Jan 29th, 2003, 09:57:10 AM
"Good. Now, listen to me." he says, his silver eyes flashing. "I'll tolerate a lot, but falling into the Dark Side again is soemthing I won't tolerate of my students. IT might be fun, but it is also wrong..."

Ebony
Jan 31st, 2003, 09:53:45 AM
"I'll do my best not to fall to the Darkside and if you've ever been on the Darkside, then you know the temptation to use is stronger then if you haven't been on the Darkside. Every time that I have gone to use the Force since I've gotten here, it's been the Darkside that I want to use since it's easier. And for the most part, I've succeded at not using it. So I'll do my best not to use the Darkside."

Alpha
Feb 1st, 2003, 11:31:38 PM
Satine smiles, and bows. "Thank you. That is all I'm asking for. And, as for knowing the temptation. I DO know it...I was a Sith before becoming Jedi."

Ebony
Feb 2nd, 2003, 11:28:01 AM
Ebony leans back against a tree as she remains silent for a couple of minutes.

"Here'a a challenge for you. You have probably figured out that I'm not thrilled with Jedi, right. Why don't you do your best to give me a reason to like them."

Ebony says nothing more on the topic of the Darkside, for now anyways.

Alpha
Feb 2nd, 2003, 02:50:22 PM
"A reason? Well, aside from the fact that we're benevolent, and accept pretty much any comers, is that we're here to stay. The Darkside's nature makes it near impossible for them to wokr together. The Jedi band together in the face of our worst threats, and to also help the needy, the poor, and the injured." Satine says, talking as he thinks.

Ebony
Feb 4th, 2003, 10:00:08 AM
Ebony smiles, though this is the first time that she truly smiles.

"You speak words from my past and most are true. Jedi banding together is not though. Jedi can stab one another in the back any minute that they please."

Alpha
Feb 4th, 2003, 07:59:29 PM
"Well, normally we don't like doing that." Satine says, smiling to show he was kidding. "Seriously though, we don't. Why would we? It sorta defeats the purpose of being a Jedi."

Ebony
Feb 5th, 2003, 03:46:48 PM
Ebony's eyes flash with anger for a moment.

"Oh, before I came here, every Jedi I had come across had ended up stabbing someone else in the back. One of there own in the back.

Truthfully, I'm just waiting for one to stab me in the back like I have seen them do many times over to others.."

Alpha
Feb 5th, 2003, 05:39:28 PM
Satine's brows furrowed.

"None of the Jedi I've ever met have done that, unless they turn traitor and go Sith. You sure these guys were Jedi?"

Ebony
Feb 6th, 2003, 09:55:57 AM
"Yes, I'm sure that they are Jedi. They had worked along side my parents. They were my parents friends and my parents would not work with or for Sith. Or even Shadow Jedi for that matter. The ppl who killed my parents were Jedi. I sensed it. I could see it. They were Jedi."

Alpha
Feb 6th, 2003, 09:59:41 AM
Satine frowns.

"This is disturbing...Never have I heard of Jedi going against Jedi.."

Ebony
Feb 8th, 2003, 09:58:50 AM
It has been happening all over the place in the area that I'm from. Sith are getting to be more trustworthy then Jedi there. And it's always the same Jedi going around and doing this. They say that they are cleaning their ranks from those that have strayed or are doing something wrong.

Alpha
Feb 8th, 2003, 06:20:21 PM
Satine frowns. "Where is this?"

Ebony
Feb 10th, 2003, 10:50:23 AM
Ebony goes silent for a moment before she speaks.

"Where it is is all over the place, but mainly in the Shanocka system."

Alpha
Feb 10th, 2003, 06:01:15 PM
"hmmm...I might have to pay a visit to that system...Show them what a Jedi really is..."

Ebony
Feb 11th, 2003, 09:46:48 AM
"I do make a request, when you go there, I would like to go with you."

Ebony does not say why she wishes to go there, but it is obvious that she has a reason.

"The Shanocka system used to be a pleasant place to be, but that has all changed over the years. Lord Gareth has gotten stronger since the Jedi are fighting themselves, and he has the students which he is training to make the system his, but he's letting the Jedi fight amongst themselves first. Do not underestimate him because the moment you do, is the moment that he will stab you in the back."

Alpha
Feb 11th, 2003, 11:24:18 AM
"I see...Well, how well do you think the JEdi would welcome one of their own? By welcome, I mean, how many, and how soon before they try and kill me?"

Ebony
Feb 12th, 2003, 10:19:22 AM
"Well, it would all depend on how obvious you make yourself. If they know right off the bat that you're a Jedi, and a Jedi from elsewhere at that, they will probably first try to recruit you to them, if you don't decide to join them, then they will kill you.

If you don't make yourself obvious, it will all depend on how observent they are. If they are observent, then it will be quickly, if they aren't then they might never know that you are there."

Ebony pauses here for a moment before continueing on.

"It would be an idea to have somebody who is familiar with the system to go with you. I know some shortcuts to get to spots which would probably be useful."

Alpha
Feb 12th, 2003, 10:28:56 AM
Satine considers this.

"Yes...That would be useful. You up for going back there?"

Ebony
Feb 13th, 2003, 09:15:11 AM
Ebony nods her head once.

"Yes, I am up to going back there. Two of the four sides there will try to kill you. One side will welcome you, the fourth side will just leave you alone and treat you like an ordinary person.

I'm ready whenever you are."

Alpha
Feb 14th, 2003, 07:16:09 AM
"Good...We'll leave a week from now. That should give us time to prepare."

He smiles.

"And Ebony? Thanks..."

Ebony
Feb 14th, 2003, 09:03:50 AM
"You mean that it will give you time to prepare. I'm all ready. All I have to do is put some clothes in a bag and then away I can go.

And why the thanx?"

Ebony gets a slight smile on her face at the thought of going back home and this time while she's there, she's going to do something that she should have done before she left.

Alpha
Feb 14th, 2003, 08:52:21 PM
Satine gives a chuckle, and nods.

"Yeah. Guess it's me who needs to prepare. and the thanks is for being willing to go back."

Ebony
Feb 15th, 2003, 09:41:01 AM
"I grew up there. I'm always willing to go back there, even if I myself am not very welcome there right now. And I have something I need to do while we are there. It's something I probably should have done before coming here."

Alpha
Feb 15th, 2003, 10:44:00 AM
"Fair enough." Satine smiles. "Class dismissed for today."