PDA

View Full Version : idea for another tag for Avalon

Wei Wu Wei
Jan 9th, 2003, 09:42:05 AM
I know we have MOD tags so that the staff know which posts to read right away, but do you think we could make one for our council too? I know alot of threads that have started both IC and OOC that request the council's attention, but the council never looks at them cause they don;t know the threads are there. Just an idea.

Navaria Tarkin
Jan 9th, 2003, 11:19:28 AM
:: ponders ::

I don't see why not. Makes sense :) But up to Swfans guy and the rest here too

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 9th, 2003, 04:13:09 PM
I dont see the need for a Council attention tag - anyone of the Council SHOULD be reading at the very least anything in IC Avalon and staying aware. Basically posting in Avalon IC should be enough for a Council member to be aware somethign here probably needs their attention.

Anbira Hicchoru
Jan 10th, 2003, 01:24:59 AM
I disagree. Not everybody can keep fully immersed in the goings-on of this place. A council tag would be a big help.

Vega Van-Derveld
Jan 10th, 2003, 03:10:13 AM
No harm in having it so long as it isn't over used :)

TheHolo.Net
Jan 12th, 2003, 12:47:34 AM
My logic on not having a Council tag for this forum is like this:

This forum is OOC right?

The Council is an IC form of group government right?

The Moderators are an OOC form of government right?

This being an OOC forum means to me that an OOC government should require attention on some topics. TaaDaa we have a [MOD] tag. But in that same thinking, why would an IC government be needed in an OOC forum?

I think Marcus’ point is that Council members should be reading the IC threads in Avalon proper (the actual IC forum) and that’s where they should see if things require their IC attention. As it is right now, there are very few new topics posted in that forum, meaning that it should not be too difficult for the council members to keep up with events in there.

Navaria Tarkin
Jan 12th, 2003, 10:47:55 AM
Yep, what cookie monster said. Sometimes other council members beat me to posting.. but I keep an eye on things :) If something does not get posted too, when I come back I take care of it.

Wei Wu Wei
Jan 12th, 2003, 07:07:50 PM
No big. It was just a thought. Thank you for considering it though.