PDA

View Full Version : [RP] Addressed to Navaria Tarkin

Coruscant Courier
Jan 8th, 2003, 08:33:49 PM
Was what the certified letter the courier held in his hand as he stood n the reception area of the Greater Jedi Order?s Temple located at Coruscant. The page had been sent to Navaria that he had arrived when he had told the receptionist that he must have Navaria?s signature to be able to release the message. He could not just leave it for her to pick up later. He held a Data Pad and pen stylus under an arm as he sat in the waiting area biding his on-the-clock time until she arrived.

Navaria Tarkin
Jan 9th, 2003, 10:10:13 PM
The receptionist put in a call to the Temple, making sure to tag it priority. She didn't want this Courier to be waiting around all day and the paperwork was all in order. Navaria Tarkin herself would have to sign for the package.

No sooner then ten minutes did the elevator open and out walked a Jedi. The hood was covering the person's face but that soon was pulled away as Navaria made her way towards the receptionist and smiled down at her.

"I was sent a priority message about a package?"

The human woman pointed out the man sitting four chairs away from the desk.

"That's the one Ma'am. Has a package for your eyes only kinda thing."

"Thank you ..."

She looked at the name tag.

"... Amanda."

And then bowed, making her way to the Courier.

"Excuse me. I am Navaria Tarkin. I am to sign for something?"

Coruscant Courier
Jan 10th, 2003, 04:59:15 PM
Her timely arrival caught him slightly by surprise. He expected to have to wait longer than this.

"Yes, yes that's right."

He said as he stood up pulling the data-pad and writing stylus from under his arm.

He held the data-pad face-up towards her.

"Thumbprint here, and signature here."

He offered her the writing stylus after pointing out the two individual sections of the official form.

Navaria Tarkin
Jan 12th, 2003, 11:50:42 AM
She raised a brow down at the data-pad and then looked up at the Courier with a smile, placing her thumb over the sensor.

"Must be important for all this."

The Knight said, as she took the stylus from his hand and signed her name.

Coruscant Courier
Jan 19th, 2003, 03:31:33 AM
He flipped over the data-pad and made some quick keystrokes, then looked up at the Jedi.

"Ident confirmed. Here is your mail."

From out of a small bag hung over his shoulder he produced an envelope. Once she took it, he tipped his hat, shot her a smile, and turned to leave.

Navaria Tarkin
Jan 19th, 2003, 10:14:40 AM
She gave him a half-smile and looked at the envelope. There was no return address but whoever sent this letter paid a pretty cred on priority to get it to her. Only one way to find out that answer. Navaria spilt opened the envelope, pulled out the letter and began to read it ...

Coruscant Courier
Jan 21st, 2003, 07:49:23 AM
As soon as she opened the envelope, a very faint yet very distinct scent wafted from inside. Upon reaching inside and beginning to remove the paper her eye saw a very unique type of paper. It was semi personalized stationary.

In the few seconds it took to complete such simple and rudimentary tasks as this, there were things being processed by her senses and mind that may not even be fully realized without careful reflection.

The scent and the stationary were both things she had experienced before, long ago, when she was very young. Their presence being enough to possibly cause memory association, bringing deep seeded and most likely forgotten memories to the surface.

The semi personalized stationary had in its top corner an Imperial insignia, an Imperial insignia of days long past. The color and texture of the paper being exactly the same as such that had been used in her home by her Father, before his passing. The scent was an ambient one, one taken on by originating from that very same home.

Would these small details escape her immediate recognition? Would she continue looking at the letter this very second, or would she realize what she had in her hands and exactly where it had come from? If she did recognize these small details, what would her reaction be?

Navaria Tarkin
Jan 22nd, 2003, 11:09:55 AM
Navaria didn't realize that not only was her arm shaking, but her grip upon the fragile paper was threatening to tear it. Jedi had extraordinary abilities of the senses that spanned across many applications. They could further the mental attributes or enhance physical senses that a being already had. Navaria was different from other Jedi, and other humans for that matter, in that ability was constantly on. A by product of the life bond with Daleethria ...

So these small details that normal beings would disregard were vivid in her mind as if she was a child of nine again ... running through the house like a little terror. Driving her Mother nuts, as her and her brother, Marcus, chased each other while their Grandfather looked on with an amused expression.

She got herself under control, as any well trained Jedi Knight could do, and let up on holding the parchment. It was crinkled but it was still legible. Navaria wondered what games were being played with her with sending her this letter on this paper .... They had to know of her past quite well to pull off a stunt like this.

Well, there was only one way to find out and Navaria carefully read over the letter ...

Coruscant Courier
Jan 22nd, 2003, 11:28:00 AM
The contents of the letter were:

<font face=Courier” color=yellow>Your presence is cordially requested at:

1001 Indigo One Way
Coruscant

At 20:00 on 00001/00022</font>

The message was signed with simply the name.

“Tarkin”

It was the only handwritten text on the sheet of paper, its form also being familiar to Navaria from a time long ago.

It was the handwriting of someone Navaria knew, but thought long since past away.

Navaria Tarkin
Jan 22nd, 2003, 11:29:08 PM
Whoever had sent her this letter was indeed sick and twisted. Andron Tarkin had been deceased since the Battle of Endor and now his forged signature was staring at her, almost mocking her. To play upon feelings that were dealt with long ago was a new low that Navaria hadn't experience in a long time.

Either way, the Jedi was going to get to the bottom of this and meet this mastermind at the appropriate hour ...

Daleethria
Jan 22nd, 2003, 11:38:53 PM
You realize that this is a trap ... Right?

Navaria turned around to see a familiar face in more ways then one and was speechless. It had to look odd to everyone inside the reception area. The Jedi was seemingly looking at someone but no one was there. Only Navaria could see her clone Sister, Daleethria.

Navaria Tarkin
Jan 22nd, 2003, 11:43:27 PM
Navaria became slightly offended and her tone betrayed that.

"Oh really? You have been gone for how many months and decide to show up and tell me something I already know?"

She snapped, unintentionally.

Daleethria
Jan 22nd, 2003, 11:45:42 PM
The blue shimmering Ethereal aspect of Daleethria crossed her arms and sighed.

You realize you're talking to yourself.

Daleethria smirked and pointed with a finger at some of the guests.

They can't see me remember?

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 23rd, 2003, 04:51:38 PM
It was one of those increasingly rare trips back to the Temple of the Jedi. Who was he kidding, he hadn't been to the Temple since the accident that had damaged his sight so badly, he was effectively blind in daylight. Deliberatly he avoided ever coming here, deliberatly making sure that his name no longer existed, nor counted amog the Jedi. Figrin assured him that Marcus Q'Dunn would cease to be known.

Still, he could not avoid the Temple forever, Even if his name was gone, he was a Jedi at heart and he had Padawans. A difficult situation, one he was still trying to work through. That working through was the reason he was here today.

To make himself fit in, he was wearing his almost never worn Jedi Cloak and typical Jedi clothing, hood up of course so that his face was obsured, but more importantly, his eyes were shaded, helping the contacts that blocked light. A normal sabre was at his hip as well, instead of the usual sword or his own renamed and very unique sabre. Garbed as such, he glided through the halls of the entrance, unremarked on, moving wth the assurance the Force gave him, using it to be his eyes, moving around and through the beings here.

He allowed his mind to expand it's focus, taking in more of the room. He could sense what was there and even feelign the sense of someone he knew very vaguely, but if memory served him right, had only ever spoken to in passing. Shrugging his shoulders, he moved away, before coming to a halt, for he sensed an unusual disturbance in the Force. Puzzled, he pretended to be reading a noticeboard while trying to work out what it was he sensed.

Navaria Tarkin
Jan 24th, 2003, 10:59:26 PM
Her mouth opened, stunned at her inanity. She could feel some eyes directed towards her way with many different reactions to her behavior. Rightfully so. Navaria rubbed the temples of her forehead and found a free chair to sit down.

You are right. I am sorry for acting foolish.

Her hands carefully unfolded the letter, trying in vain to search for something on the paper to explain what was happening, or who was doing this.

It is just this person knew what buttons to push ...

Navaria leaned back and looked at Daleethria with embarrassment.

The people I care about ... I should have had better control.

Daleethria
Jan 24th, 2003, 11:10:48 PM
Yeah. You should've.

She knelt down in front of Navaria.

I knew this would happen. It's why I came. To make sure you didn't stray too far off from center. I figured you needed a little friendly nudging and ... I hadn't seen you in awhile.

Daleethria smiled proudly.

Jedi Council? Who would've thought.

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 28th, 2003, 12:30:08 AM
Seemed he could sensesurprise, shock, puzzlement. NOw, considering the person the disturbance was located around, it suggested someone had just recieved a personal shock. Looking at the woman out of the folds of the hood of his cloak, he saw her sit down and seem to concentrate on... something. What exactly it was, he had no idea.

Walk away. Dont bother, dont interfer. She would have no idea who you are - keep it that way. The last thing you need is to interact with a Jedi Knight on the Council. Dont reveal who you are!

Yet, why did he have that feelign in the Force that it was the right thing to do? He thought about it, then decided. He made sure his hood was up, his cloak covered his form, then walked across to where Navaria Tarkin was.

"Good day to you, Master Jedi. I could not help to notice that you seem upset. Is there something I can do to help?"

Navaria Tarkin
Jan 29th, 2003, 10:38:11 AM
The formation of a small smile started to form from. She had been feeling lonely as of late. Sanis was always away and even training her Padawans had ceased almost all together. Then of course this shocking news of someone playing mind games with her ... The appearance of her clone Sister was a pleasant reminder that she was never truly alone. They shared a bond few would ever understand ....

Thank you, Daleethria. I really needed ... Hmm ... ???

Her thoughts were interrupted as a stranger walked up to her. Something instinctual told her that this person was familiar to her, but with the concealment of their face, Navaria couldn't quite place the sense of Deja Vu. Then he spoke and in a split second, his identity was given away. Why was Marcus acting like he didn't know her and sulking in the shadows.

"I thank you for your concern, good Jedi. Today has been a rather trying one ..."

Marcus?! What is wrong with you? How come you are acting as if we never met?

If he was in trouble, she didn't want to speak his name out loud in respect to his privacy.

Daleethria
Jan 29th, 2003, 10:45:58 AM
Marcus.

Daleethria cocked her head to the side and read the stranger. She half smiled to herself. Some stranger this was. It was painfully obviously to the apparition that Marcus was an extremely powerful Jedi Master. His identity was more precious to him then Navaria had first guessed, for she didn't know the lengths that this Jedi had went to conceal his life.

What also struck her as odd was the fact that he was injured. His eyes were so badly damaged that he must be using the Force to get by.

Either way ... this would be interesting to see his reaction to Navaria's telepathic questions. Already Daleethria could feel the Jedi Master's mind reel that he had forgotten that he invited Navaria to his quarters one night and discussed a great many things ...

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 29th, 2003, 03:43:29 PM
<smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont>! <smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont> <smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont> <smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont>

It came back to him in a flash - he had talked to Navaria before. And probably had said some thing that right now, he would have definantly not liked to have said. Now was the time to think very, very fast.

"Is this thing that concerns you something you can speak openly of?"

Mind to mind, the answer was somewhat different.

The answer to that can be hinted at with the fact I dont exist in the Jedi's records anymore. Knowledge of my existance is a danger to the Senator of Arcan IV

Navaria Tarkin
Feb 7th, 2003, 12:26:31 AM
Navaria held out the piece of paper to Marcus, relieved in someway that there was someone here, right now, to share this news with.

"It has to do with my family. Someone likes to play cruel jokes it seems ..."

You mean Helenias? I remember her asking me counsel about taking the appointment but I do not understand how you would put her in any danger.

Daleethria
Feb 7th, 2003, 12:29:20 AM
As serious as the situation was for Navaria, and apparanetly Marcus, Daleethria couldn't help but bust out laughing. She had never heard a Jedi swear so much in all her life ... even if it was mentally.

:lol:lol:lol

Marcus Telcontar
Feb 18th, 2003, 04:28:25 AM
He read the paper, a frown growing on his face.

"Have you any living relatives?" he asked out loud

A very, very long story Madam Tarkin. But to make it short, I have dangerous enemies. If they managed to link me to Senator Evenstar.... I'd rather not think of that. I have no desire to lose her again. She is in a highly visible postion and what I would now call a soft target, even if she is one of the most knowledgable in the Jedi arts of combat.

Although if Xazor's assessment of her mother's foresight abilities could be believed... maybe he was worrying unnecessarily.

Navaria Tarkin
Feb 23rd, 2003, 02:30:21 PM
Her eyes shifted to the floor as if reality was weighing them down heavily.

"Yes. A younger Brother. Everyone one else ... is dead. I even thought my Brother was until we met on Bakura."

She sighed, shaking her head in trying to understand what had happened then.

"He was happy to see me at first but ... I am not sure. It was like I was a disappointment to him."

Is there anything that I can do to help?

Marcus Telcontar
Feb 23rd, 2003, 11:33:05 PM
"Only not saying whom I am" he answered quietly out loud. "I
d rather like to keep my presence unknown. And as for this note..."

He considered it again, thinking. Then had a thought occur to him.

How can I read this paper if I am blind?

That simple consideration was almost alarming for it should have been true - he clearly 'saw' the writing in his mind, the first such instance since the accident. That fact alone said something was going on. somethign to be investigated.

"I believe this note is geniune. Dont ask me here why I think so, I would rather do that somewhere less public."

Navaria Tarkin
Mar 2nd, 2003, 12:44:46 PM
She shook her head slightly and rubbed her eyes in stupidity. Her own concerns had made her oblivious to Marcus' need for secrecy.

"Of course. How foolish of me. Please ..."

Navaria rose to her feet and led Marcus out of the common area and back to where general offices were. Unfortunately, the hallways were too plentiful with beings to speak, but Navaria searched carefully to where there was a lack of surface thought chatter. There really wasn't any area that wasn't at least sparsely populated. If they went into an office that was empty now, there was the still the chance of someone walking in. Granted, Navaria could just 'persuade' someone to not come in but she never liked doing that ... but this was too important so she led Marcus into a deserted office and turned on the lights. It was more of a meeting room then anything else, so at least it was spacious. To insure complete privacy, she also closed designated the windows to go from clear to solid so no one would look in on them.

"I hope that this will be satisfactory? I did not want to stray too far into the building for someone would surely recognize us sooner."

Daleethria was still present but wasn't making herself visible to Navaria right now. She supposed that her sisterly apparition was more curious as to what Marcus said then giver commentary during their conversation.

Marcus Telcontar
Mar 6th, 2003, 09:59:01 PM
"satisfactory, yes"

He removed his hood, as a reflex rubbing his eyes. They were sore from having to wear the shielding contacts.

"Madam Tarkin, this note as I said seems to be genuine. The fact that I can see what is written on it speaks volumes. When a blind man can read, you have to wonder if what he reads isn't just a slice on the important side, is it not?"

"Oh, yes, you wouldn't have known" he added. "My eyes are blind in anything more than almost total darkness"

Navaria Tarkin
Mar 9th, 2003, 01:20:50 PM
"Dare I ask how?"

Navaria couldn't believe her ears. Marcus was blind. She had to say that sentence again in her mind just to realize that harsh reality. Any thoughts towards the letter was set aside for now.

Marcus Telcontar
Mar 13th, 2003, 02:54:49 PM
"Cleanign out a band of wanna be assassins and I was too close to a flash-bomb. It'll heal eventually, but even for a skilled healer, it's a tricky and time consuming job. About a year and I
ll have some sight back"

"But" he added, "A Jedi needs not his eyes, or ears. With the Force I can see what I need. I do admit, I miss reading. I can sort of sense what is on a flimsy, but data pads defeat me totally. This sometimes makes me wish I had Nuprator's abilities in the Force with machines. In the end however, that is neither here nor there. The point is, I should not be able to read this note Can you understand now my puzzlement I can?"

Navaria Tarkin
Mar 13th, 2003, 09:28:28 PM
She sighed, and nodded solemnly.

"Yes. I understand you now. I just do not understand why Marc ...."

Navaria had to smile at the elder Jedi.

"... funny. You share the same name. Marcus is his full name but goes by Marc. Maybe that is why you can read it? I do not know ... it is only conjecture. But it still plagues me as to why he would send this pretending to be our Father."

Unconsciously she started to pace between the table and the window.

"Does he mean ill will? We did not depart well at all on Bakura like I said and I know he has talked to Dalethria at least two times in the past."

Marcus Telcontar
Mar 13th, 2003, 11:40:55 PM
"And who is your father?"

"Andron Tarkin, he served with Darth Vader...." she replied, but stopped, seeing the sudden change of expression on the Jedi Master's face.

"Holy <smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont>, your not related to Grand Moff Tarkin are you?" he exclaimed. "I was alive when he rose to power! I remember him very clearly - surely your not?"

Navaria Tarkin
Mar 14th, 2003, 11:31:58 PM
Marcus' reaction took her by surprise for it had been so long since someone had reacted this way to her heritage.

"I ..."

She swalloed and nodded solemnly.

"I am his granddaughter. I am not ashamed of who I am anymore or where I come from. It is one of the main reasons I came to the Order. To repent for the pain that the name of Tarkin had caused. It was why Master Solo was my Master."

Navaria stopped, amazed that Marcus was alive then. He did reveal to her his raced live long lives but she had no idea.

"Living then, you understand what I mean."

Marcus Telcontar
Mar 18th, 2003, 02:16:57 AM
"Frell me, excuse the Jawa, but really your his grand daughter?I'd have never imagined I would have ended up in the same room as his grand daughter, not from where I first saw him. Military Parade, when his star in the Empire was on the rise. I never met him in person, but I did see him twice. And yes I could well understand your feelings in this matter, how you wish repentance. I understand that very well"

"So this message" he said, switching topics, but making note of this new information, "what would you intend to do? Ignore or go find out what is wanted of you?"

Navaria Tarkin
Mar 18th, 2003, 08:06:48 PM
Navaria was thankful for the change in topic. Her grandfather was still a sore subject. Most wouldn't understand that Grand Moff Tarkin had a gentle side ... but only for his family. That was the way she wanted to remember him by,

"If I do not go ... then another note will probably be sent to me or worse. I cannot have the Order be a target."

She frowned.

"I am not saying that it will be, but I do not know. My position makes those that I care about a target."

The Knight left it at that. Marcus already understood.

"I have no choice but to find out what this is about and confirm my suspicions as to who sent this letter."

Marcus Telcontar
Mar 29th, 2003, 05:07:07 AM
My position makes those that I care about a target

Yeah, he understood allright. Boy, did he understand that one. His cloak moved ever so slightly, revealing he had his hand on the grip of a holstered Rail Gun, a most un-jedi like weapon. Brutal, powerful and deadly like almost no other gun ever made.

"By the sounds of it, you'll need backup. No person should venture into paths like this alone. Would you accept my help?"

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 2nd, 2003, 09:31:53 PM
Strangely, Navaria smirked, expecting that Marcus would carry such a weapon. After their long talk in his quarters, nothing surprised the Knight about the Master Jedi.

His offer did though.

"You ... you would come with me?"

She frowned somewhat.

"I thank you deeply but do you really want to involve yourself in this mess? I have no idea what to expect."

Marcus Telcontar
Apr 7th, 2003, 04:56:41 PM
"Either do I, but it would be foolish to go by yourself. I've walked into too many things alone to let you do that, for that's reckless and I can't have you acting like me, can I?" he added, smiling.

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 12th, 2003, 04:48:56 PM
He had a point. There was more to this letter then the words printed upon the paper. But then, there was the way Marcus qualified his point too. When the Master Jedi put it that way, how could she say no?

"Thank you, kindly Marcus."

She smiled in gratitude before bowing deeply in respect.

"I would be honored for your help."

Marcus Telcontar
Apr 13th, 2003, 11:50:26 PM
"Good... now that settled... where are we going?"

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 15th, 2003, 01:44:10 PM
She folded over the letter to where Marcus could read the address.

"We are going here (http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28766). It was my family's old home here when it was Imperial Center."

OOC- Marcus. Check your Pm por favor

Marcus Telcontar
Apr 16th, 2003, 05:29:07 AM
OOc - Checked. You go first in the new thread pls :)