PDA

View Full Version : Valrion Thorn and Zombies?

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 8th, 2003, 07:30:34 PM
http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25873

Post 17 = godmoding

post 22 = zombies? What? This isn't resident Evil this is Star Wars.

I've only known Garrett Blade to ever use necromancy, and he's been around long enough that its actually believeable. This Thorn guy I've not seen around, so I don't know how much training he's had, if any.

I didn't check who it is who plays him.

TheHolo.Net
Jan 8th, 2003, 07:34:23 PM
I'll give you one guess who it is. Think recent problems with Resident Evil and God moding...

Navaria Tarkin
Jan 8th, 2003, 08:57:06 PM
oh joy. I'll have to read this later since I don't have time now :rolleyes

Taylor Millard
Jan 8th, 2003, 09:18:53 PM
Oh good Lord...along the lines of Fiend the 'god' of SW.

:rolleyes

EDIT- It is Fiend. I shoulda known

EDIT #2- Xazor's escape in Post 26 was god-moding. But I don't blame her for trying to end the thread soon.

Any bets on Fiend making either a PM to her or a post saying, 'That was god-moding!'

ReaperFett
Jan 8th, 2003, 09:54:56 PM
Nothing wrong with Zombies. But should he have the power to do this?

Taylor Millard
Jan 9th, 2003, 12:00:11 AM
Remember that was Freedan Nadd on Korriban who did the zombies. If Valirion or however you say it were on Korriban, I'd just nod and smile.

But I doubt anyone would let Korriban get colonized

ReaperFett
Jan 9th, 2003, 12:03:44 AM
We had this exact discssion earlier ;)

Doubt they would now, since Kun went :)

Taylor Millard
Jan 9th, 2003, 12:05:23 AM
Well I bring this up to say why he having zombies would be okay.

But since it appeared to be a back office, where the devil was he hiding hte corpses and how the devil did he create 'em?

TheHolo.Net
Jan 9th, 2003, 01:32:30 PM
Before too much time or effort is put into this I have an important question; Has a participant in the thread asked for a mod to look at it and judge for god moding?

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 9th, 2003, 06:47:57 PM
No, not that I know of, although I think Straffe asked for help in Avalon and Xazor went to the 'rescue.'

It was pointed out to me by someone else, but not either of them.

Taylor Millard
Jan 9th, 2003, 08:29:28 PM
Straffe did ask for help in Temple Avalon.

TheHolo.Net
Jan 9th, 2003, 09:18:22 PM
Well, its officially in our hands now. Valirion contaced me with a PM that included this. I hate reading neverending paragraphs. :x
I am very unsure on the circumstances but I believe that my rping rights have somehow been violated, I don't like to whine and I don't like to do much ooc things but something just doesn't seem right.
I run Valirion Thorn, Council member of the Shrine, Vampyre Knight, blah blah blah and I run a few other barely known characters it would seem. I came from the shrine when it was on ezboard, or ezfrell as some I think have called it, at least this account character did so this character had previous experience before coming here. I have been accused of feats that I have been accused for god moding and I believe they are not right. I have ample evidence to the accusations but they were written quite some time ago.
As for another thing that slightly purturbs me but I am not sure that this really is an offense. I had been planning the end of the thread with a named Xazor that would finish with me taking the jedi hostage and letting the padawan that was involved in the thread go. This didn't seem to be the case. Once I had let the padwan go ic, Xazor continued to plot with me ooc, but then her next post was a combination of attacks that would've killed some ic. My character is a bit different so he survived, but then most would in this board :D She went against what she had planned with me and then seemed to god mode herself, by doing several devastating moves to my character all in one post. Our characters seem of equal strength and I have noted Xazor's character for being pregnant, which to me would seem a downfall.
I'm sorry to ramble like this, I know you are busy and I will hope not to impose on your business too much, but if there is anything you can help with, I do not like to bother with much of ooc problems but if there is a simpler way than accusing each other of godmoding... I would take it.

Thank you, Valirion Thorn
I responded with this:
Please provide me with links to your extensive training that make you capable of what I see in the thread. Such abilities require a great deal of time and effort to attain. This attainment must be able to be proven in dated writing.

TheHolo.Net
Jan 9th, 2003, 09:27:05 PM
He replied with a very expected answer...
That's fine, I'll try though, I really will, a lot of that doesn't exist anymore since the shrine moved though. What should I do about that? I can find explanations on the armor and everything but the training doesn't seem to exist since the change, many of those threads don't... :(...to which I logically replied...
The posts from the Shrine were transferred to this board. Make sure you have the thread view option in your user CP set to show all threads.

TheHolo.Net
Jan 9th, 2003, 09:33:42 PM
What a pain in the rear. :x

Another reply from him...
http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?threadid=23429

This is a fight that I held with Sieken Kasstra, I figh the exact same way that I do now as I did in that thread, no problem was reported then and he seems to be under the same circumstances as Xazor does racial wise

I'll get back to you with more evidence and trainingMy answer...
I'm sorry, but a fight thread cannot be considered as evidence, I asked specifically for dated training threads.

Taylor Millard
Jan 9th, 2003, 10:04:05 PM
I run Valirion Thorn, Council member of the Shrine, Vampyre Knight, blah blah blah and I run a few other barely known characters it would seem.

Barely known characters my left buttocks.

*sigh*

I've all ready pointed out Xazor's god-moding and somehow I think she did it on purpose to get out of the thread. RPing with Fiend can be very difficult (I've tried), specifically when he won't let you get out of the threads.

I do look forward to see what else he has to say.

Taylor Millard
Jan 9th, 2003, 10:09:16 PM
On a side note, it might be best if we also get Xazor's part of the story as well.

Shall I PM her to get her side? (I won't forget this time either.)

TheHolo.Net
Jan 9th, 2003, 10:09:23 PM
If he thinks I have no idea who his other characters are he is seriously not very bright, but there was no indication of that.

Taylor Millard
Jan 9th, 2003, 10:19:16 PM
http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24668

He's only been a vampire since September 9th. I doubt he can call up zombies in that short of time.

TheHolo.Net
Jan 10th, 2003, 03:21:40 PM
Now he's trying to get me to consider training being done over AIM. :x

As for my training, the thread where I was trained by Soth Nuevole can't seem to be found in the crimson pit of the shrine. But Valirion's extensive training was done over AIM with Alana Stormcloud, my master ic. I would ask that you please talk to her for assurance if my word is not good enough.My reply:
Training over AIM is not credited towards board standing. The majority of things I saw in the thread in question would require nearly a year's worth of board training, persistance and time.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 10th, 2003, 06:34:14 PM
I did a few training sessions on MSN messenger but LW and I posted them on the TSO board. That way there is a record of them.

TheHolo.Net
Jan 10th, 2003, 06:47:24 PM
And as such it got posted and dated, making it valid proof of training.

Taylor Millard
Jan 10th, 2003, 11:48:05 PM
I would think both Fiend and Alana have been on the boards long enough to know that this stuff has to be documented.

Also I'll have to double check but it looked like almost immediately he was using Zombies.

In a thread in October, he was using those zombies a the Shrine. Read it last night, but I don't remember where.

Taylor Millard
Jan 11th, 2003, 02:54:23 AM
I got permission to post this from a PM conversation with one of the mods at the Shrine.

Re: Fw: All right you know I can't drop it
Lol......oh...btw....

I talked to ****** about Valirion/Fiend/Dios.......

They said that they told him he could have the animate corpses power, though away from the shrine, he would have to tone it down. The arguement was that he didnt understand that he couldnt master the skill, he could only have it, as that is what his training is in.........right now im setting up a private conversation with him to explain a few things, so i guess you could say im handling it :p

The only reason I don't think he didn't understand it, is because of the experience with Fiend the character.

Call me jaded, but that's my opinion.