PDA

View Full Version : Gary Oldman in Harry Potter

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 8th, 2003, 12:34:20 PM
Found this on the Hollywood Reporter

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hollywoodreporter/film/brief_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1789640

He is rumored to play Sirus Black all I can say is yes he would be perfect, if he gets the role I can't wait for the screen time between him and Rickman (those two characters really hate each other).

ReaperFett
Jan 8th, 2003, 01:48:16 PM
Does that make him a bad guy?

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 8th, 2003, 10:15:55 PM
Well if you haven't read the book I will just summerize what is on the back of my copy, Sirius Black is a prisoner at Azkaban (the wizards prison) he escapes but before he escapes he is heard muttering, "he is at Hogwarts." Also witnesses saw him kill 13 muggles and one Wizard. Oldman could pull this character off I feel.

ReaperFett
Jan 8th, 2003, 10:19:44 PM
He sounds a bad guy. So he'll be great :)

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 8th, 2003, 11:01:28 PM
Heh. A bad guy? Riiiigghhhtttt ;)

Sanis Prent
Jan 8th, 2003, 11:05:44 PM
Does he talk with a southern accent and have a wand with 100 special features? :D

ReaperFett
Jan 8th, 2003, 11:07:15 PM
lol! :)

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 8th, 2003, 11:09:57 PM
Marcus, I don't want to spoil the movie now do I :) Also Oldman is perfect because of the perception everybody sees him as a bad guy so it is perfect, IMO And Sanis when did Oldman have a Southern Accent??

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 8th, 2003, 11:18:09 PM
Who Oldman, anyway? What's he been in?

ReaperFett
Jan 8th, 2003, 11:27:02 PM
Fifth Element, Air Force One, True Romance, Leon/The Professional.........basically, he's rent-a-badguy :)

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 8th, 2003, 11:28:03 PM
Here are some of the movies he has been in: The Professional/Leon, he plays the psycho cop, Lost in Space, plays the evil Dr. Smith, The Fifth Element, plays the villain, (can't remember his name The Contender played an evil congressman, Sid and Nancy, played Sid Viscious. Immortal Beloved, played Beethoven, JFK, played Lee Harvey Oswald, Hannible, though you wouldn't recognize him played a the sick child molester Verger, and Air Force One played the Russian who took over the plane. He has been in other movies just can't think of any other big ones right now. He is a very good actor, though he has been typecast a lot, IMO as villains.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 8th, 2003, 11:35:29 PM
He also played Dracula, and was in the scarlett Letter here is a picture of him either from Dracula or the Scarlett Letter not sure which

http://i.imdb.com/Photos/Ss/0114345/1-7.jpg

Sanis Prent
Jan 9th, 2003, 12:44:05 AM
And Sanis when did Oldman have a Southern Accent??

Did you ever watch the Fifth Element?

Oriadin
Jan 9th, 2003, 03:24:26 AM
Oldman is a sheer brilliant actor. He's been in some dodgy films but his performance in everything hes done has been brilliant I think. His performance in Hannible was outstanding.

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Jan 9th, 2003, 07:42:00 AM
Oldman is a wonderful actor whose talents (I think) are underrated by the film industry. If he is chosen as Sirius and I hope he is since its a recuring role, he will 'own' it. Noone else will ever be able to portray a believeable Black after him.

JMC, youre correct on the spelling :)

Jinn Fizz
Jan 9th, 2003, 07:46:19 AM
I hadn't thought of him at all for the role, but now that I've heard this rumor, I think it would be brilliant if he played Sirius Black. Absolute perfection. :)

jjwr
Jan 9th, 2003, 07:57:43 AM
When I first saw this subject I could have swore it said Gary Coleman :)

I thought he was great in The Fifth Element. Heck that whole movie is great, one of the most underrated movies out there :)

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 9th, 2003, 08:57:50 AM
I forgot he had a southern accent in Fifth Element it has been a while since I saw that film. He was psychoic in it I remember that. I hope he gets the part because it would be brilliant on the part of the casting director he would play a great Black.

Jedieb
Jan 9th, 2003, 09:28:00 AM
When I first saw this subject I could have swore it said Gary Coleman
You beat me to it!!! My first impulse was Gary Coleman's making a comeback? Whatyoutalkin' about Carr?

I'm glad you guys like Oldman, but there are times when I think he overacts and hams it up. Fifth Element and The Professional are two examples. I think he'd irritate me less if he held back some more at times. But that's just me.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 9th, 2003, 02:42:35 PM
I do think he overacts in some movies those two and Lost in Space come to mind, still he has been more subtle in films like Hannible and The Contender.

Sanis Prent
Jan 9th, 2003, 02:57:42 PM
I think it was Zorg's nature to ham it up, though. Seemed to be that kind of guy.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 9th, 2003, 10:40:11 PM
Yeah I think the character called for it the same with Smith in Lost Space (heck Jonathan Harris the original Smith was a huge ham), and in the professional I just saw Oldman's character as psycho. One film I have been meaning to watch Sid And Nancy, how is Oldman's preformance in that movie? I have heard he was very good in it.

ReaperFett
Jan 9th, 2003, 10:46:52 PM
He was awesome in Leon

"AAAAAALLL OF THEM!" :D

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 9th, 2003, 11:08:50 PM
I am not saying he wasn't but he was a bit on the edge :)

ReaperFett
Jan 9th, 2003, 11:09:47 PM
I wasnt commenting to you, I was just saying my opinion :)

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 9th, 2003, 11:15:21 PM
Okay thats cool :)

Jinn Fizz
Jan 10th, 2003, 07:56:08 AM
I thought he was terrific in Air Force One :)

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 10th, 2003, 12:54:20 PM
Yeah I liked him in Air Force One as well, he was also good in Dracula though he couldn't compare to Bela Lugosi (I am not sure if anybody could play Dracula like him) I also thought he stole most of Hannible he was really good as the sick Mason Verger.

Sejah Haversh
Jan 13th, 2003, 02:38:57 PM
Now if it were Gary Coleman, THAT would be news.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 13th, 2003, 04:07:57 PM
"Whatchu talkin' about, Potter?"

Figrin D'an
Jan 13th, 2003, 04:43:16 PM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
"Whatchu talkin' about, Potter?"

I'd pay good money just to hear that line...

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 13th, 2003, 10:46:43 PM
Maybe it will be in that Scary Movie 3 the one that spoofs Potter and LOTR, heck we might get that Gollum/Jar character too :D