PDA

View Full Version : Volunteers Needed

Navaria Tarkin
Jan 8th, 2003, 11:17:30 AM
This is for the recruitment and assigning of Padawans. There needs to be at least three people to keep a real close eye on the recruitment center. Now, what does this job mean in greater detail?

Keeping a list that is current of all Padawans not assigned. Making sure Padawans are getting access to Avalon IC and OOC... Greeting them. Also, letting a particular player know if they are needed for a thread. Tag the heading of your post with (mod) so we can make sure it comes to our attention or use the convenient sticky threads provided.

This requires some work.. which is why this is being asked as a volunteer. Be serious if you want to do this. New Jedi want to be taken care of just like we did when we first came here. Which is why me and the other staff are working on a better system slowly :lol This is part of it.

Now, if you are going to do this and can't later in the future, that's fine. Just let us know so we can get someone to replace you.

Sage had requested in helping with the recruits which is good since a veteran should be part of the greeting process.... Anyone else interested? I probably forgot something so please ask questions ..

PS.. no spamming :)

Zeke
Jan 8th, 2003, 11:21:59 AM
I've got a list around here somewhere...probably needs updating. I'll help ya with Recruitment. All my classes are in the afternoon now, so I'll be on all day long to watch Recruitment and such.

Navaria Tarkin
Jan 8th, 2003, 11:23:35 AM
Okies. But I want to see who all would like to do it and go from there ;)

Getting that Padawan List sooner then later would be really helpful Zeke... thanks

Zeke
Jan 8th, 2003, 11:25:18 AM
Lime
Satine
Sabian Malice
Alan Joyce
Sylvar.
Mr. Dust
Ezekiel Frost
Jackson Mcgraves
Ebony

This is the list so far...should it be made into its own thread? It'll update again in maybe...5 minutes...gotta go look in the RC...

Navaria Tarkin
Jan 8th, 2003, 11:30:41 AM
I started a Padawan list thread... let me know if something changes :)

Zeke
Jan 8th, 2003, 11:34:36 AM
K... Amara Skywalker needs a master...add her up there...Then there's 5 or so in the process of Recruiting...

imported_Terran Starek
Jan 8th, 2003, 12:07:49 PM
I would love to help, but Terran is still only a padawan, so I don't know if he has any kind of supervisory opputunity here.

But I really enjoying meeting and greeting the new ones and had planned to try to get involved with recruitment anyway.

:)

Navaria Tarkin
Jan 8th, 2003, 03:21:03 PM
Terran - This also has to do with making sure new Padawans are listed for the Knights and Masters to see and making sure newbies get access by informing a mod. Not just meet and greet ;)

imported_Terran Starek
Jan 8th, 2003, 03:27:45 PM
I'd like to do whatever I can or whatever is needed.

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 8th, 2003, 03:33:03 PM
If you want to help out, sure, it will be most welcome. One of the more important things is to have someone resonably active and interested helping in doing what Nav has outlined.

imported_Terran Starek
Jan 8th, 2003, 03:36:24 PM
I'm definitely interested, and I am pretty active.

I am up for it, but I just don't know where to get started.

Zeke
Jan 8th, 2003, 04:38:30 PM
Well as a Padawan you can meet and greet, but if I remember correctly, it has to a Knight or Master that finally recruits the person. A prime example would be the recruitment of the Padawan Lime, where Wei Wu Wei met her, talked to her, then I stepped in to finish and add her into our ranks. So...greet new people...question their intentions/motives, then make a thread or PM a Knight or Master to finish the recruitment, I guess.

imported_Terran Starek
Jan 8th, 2003, 04:55:49 PM
Okee--I don't wanna be in the way, if I can't help. I just would like to get involved in some of the duties around here if possible--I seem to have a lot of free time when I am on (I write really fast, so keeping up with Threads is no problem) and just thought I could spend it constructively. :D

Xazor Elessar
Jan 8th, 2003, 05:01:32 PM
I've been trying to keep up with it and for a while I did it kinda solo, I'd still love to if you guys will have me! :)

Dios Kane
Jan 8th, 2003, 05:03:17 PM
I'm here

:: waves from the peanut gallery.::

I've been looking at the recruitment forum recently but I'd say if I was on the welcoing comittee I could snag a few noobs before anyone else, I don't like to walk in and ruin other people's schmeals. Hehe, but I'm here to help, I've recenly been active with my oher chars too but this could give me a new purpose! Yay

Ki-Adi Kindo
Jan 8th, 2003, 05:06:38 PM
I'll do it if needed... just let me know.:)

Navaria Tarkin
Jan 8th, 2003, 08:55:08 PM
thank you for all volunteering .. need to talk to Sage too ..

Dios? Um, snag a few noobs? o_O you're being silly right

Vega Van-Derveld
Jan 9th, 2003, 03:14:28 AM
I can help out once I get high-speed net, which should be sometime within this week or next.

Sage Hazzard
Jan 12th, 2003, 11:51:47 PM
Hehe, guess I should have read this post sooner. Didn't know I was needed. :) My PM box is always open though, for future reference. :)

I think I remember commenting on helping out offhandedly. I never made a formal request or anything. I've done it before, as one of the first official academy coordinators, so I know how to do it. I'd be glad too. Although, one question, my character isn't really back IC officially. Should I still start with the welcoming? IC and OOC welcoming, that is. Since continuity really isn't an issue in greeting someone, it's just a welcoming post for new people, not a big RP. Can I do it now, or should I wait? I'm still with the Order, it's just my character is technically stuck on Coruscant(until I finish my come back RP).

Oh, and I'm sorry I haven't done this kind of a thing in the past. When I was the academy co-coordinator, I kind of didn't do my duties. As you all should know, I have a habit of not being around when I'm needed. I'll try and do better in the future. :)

Navaria Tarkin
Jan 13th, 2003, 09:40:04 PM
We need help getting the recruits in so helping out would be good ;) I don't see why you should wait ...

As for the PMing .. duh, my bad :lol

Sage Hazzard
Jan 14th, 2003, 01:41:56 AM
Okay then, I'll start now. I think I'll start training my Padawans too, if there are no objections. I only have one at the moment, Fong. I can't remember how to spell his first name off the top of my head. I've also had my eye on a few other Padawans, so I'll try and help out in that area too. Time to start pulling my own weight. :)

Navaria Tarkin
Jan 14th, 2003, 02:30:30 PM
Liu :p and thanks!!