PDA

View Full Version : What does 2003 hold for you...

Ishiva Ruell
Jan 7th, 2003, 11:59:59 PM
Personally, I am looking forward to the December 19 release of Lord of the Rings: Return of the King. The last movie was even less faithful to the book than FOTR yet it still rocked.

Also looking forward to the release of Greg Keyes new fantasy book interestingly named "The Briar King". The start of a new series by an author that should be familiar to fans of SW novels. Unfortunately, there are noticable cliches and overly used archtypes discovered within the synopsis at Amazon.com.

Most importantly George R R Martin is going to release the next book in his masterfully written fantasy series "A Song of Ice and Fire". Personally this series has toppled Lucas and Tolkein as my personal fav. No one writes like GRRM and give him my highest recommendation!

The Song of Ice and Fire Series
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/stores/series/-/4/ref=pd_sr_ec_ser_/002-5893300-4628019 (apologize for being such a plug-monster but reading is believing. ;))

Nathanial K'cansce
Jan 8th, 2003, 12:07:25 AM
Personally, I am looking forward to the December 19 release of Lord of the Rings: Return of the King

Happy, frelling birthday to me! w00t!

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 8th, 2003, 12:28:41 AM
Personally, I am looking forward to the December 19 release of Lord of the Rings: Return of the King. The last movie was even less faithful to the book than FOTR yet it still rocked.

Yes, TTT is awesome, but it's a good deal closer to the spirit of the book than you might realise unless you look closely. Besides, if you were too faithful to the written word, TTT would have been 4 hours long and deadly dull. Anyway, whatever. ROTK is looking like it shalt be mindblowing, esp with JAckon now allowed to deliver ROTK at the length he feels will be best. No three hour nforced limit! Allright!

2003 holds a Vr-4 starting up. And rallying. And slidign it. I can not wait.

Sanis Prent
Jan 8th, 2003, 12:56:52 AM
New and undiscovered beer.

imported_Taja Loraan
Jan 8th, 2003, 01:04:43 AM
Classes 7 days a week until May. O Level exams in May/June, the results of which will pretty much dictate the rest of my life. Everything after June depends on my grades.

Wheee.

Figrin D'an
Jan 8th, 2003, 01:20:52 AM
Hopes of better employment for me.

Vega Van-Derveld
Jan 8th, 2003, 02:53:34 AM
Classes 7 days a week until May. O Level exams in May/June, the results of which will pretty much dictate the rest of my life. Everything after June depends on my grades.

Ditto. But never the less I'm going to Sixth form college for some fun with Ancient History, IT, Computing and English Lit.

Admiral Lebron
Jan 8th, 2003, 08:11:08 AM
Pass A+ cert and Cat5 Cert.

ReaperFett
Jan 8th, 2003, 09:03:36 AM
Also looking forward to the release of Greg Keyes new fantasy book interestingly named "The Briar King". The start of a new series by an author that should be familiar to fans of SW novels.
You know he's up for another SW book too, yeah? :)

This year is a year of great films. Daredevil, X-Men 2, Hulk, Kill Bill, Once Upon a Time in Mexico, John Woo western starring Nic Cage and Chow Yun Fat (Possibly)....good year :)

Diego Van Derveld
Jan 8th, 2003, 09:19:58 AM
2003 holds death for rats...every 2 weeks or so :)

My roomie has a pet boa. Awesome!

Zeke
Jan 8th, 2003, 09:30:22 AM
2003? Maybe a gf for Zeke IRL? Maybe my HOPE back? Maybe some art skill that'll drag me up from the bottom of this school's students? But definitely Crab Rangoon. And Xin: Legend of the Monkey King. Best food and comic I can find!

ReaperFett
Jan 8th, 2003, 09:39:52 AM
Best you can find? Try Agent X :)

Diego Van Derveld
Jan 8th, 2003, 09:41:03 AM
or Szechwan twice-cooked pork, in fried rice.

Crab rangoon is ok, but its not that special.

Ryla Relvinian
Jan 8th, 2003, 10:45:01 AM
Humm-tee-tumm... Lemme think here.

2003 holds lots of things for me. My boyfriend and I will be celebrating 2 years together in february, I will be entering into my junior year at Portland State University around Spring term, I hope to get my driver's liscense (long story, don't ask) as well as a new job, and turn 20 in October. *whew* Oh yes, and 11 more upper division english classes and 3 more theater classes. No pressure there.

Ishiva Ruell
Jan 8th, 2003, 01:42:48 PM
Originally posted by Marcus Elessar
Yes, TTT is awesome, but it's a good deal closer to the spirit of the book than you might realise unless you look closely. Besides, if you were too faithful to the written word, TTT would have been 4 hours long and deadly dull. Anyway, whatever. ROTK is looking like it shalt be mindblowing, esp with JAckon now allowed to deliver ROTK at the length he feels will be best. No three hour nforced limit! Allright!

Oh really, so New Line is finally giving Jackson the green light. Excellent!

Originally posted by ReaperFett
You know he's up for another SW book too, yeah? :)

I don't know, is he? But his contribution to the NJO series is, in the opinion of many, the best one yet.

This year is a year of great films. Daredevil, X-Men 2, Hulk, Kill Bill, Once Upon a Time in Mexico, John Woo western starring Nic Cage and Chow Yun Fat (Possibly)....good year :)

Looks like another great year, my interest is especially piqued about that new Woo film.

ReaperFett
Jan 8th, 2003, 01:50:54 PM
I har ROTK will be 3hr :)

And Keyes IS. Book 18, about August-ish

Aejin Rahn
Jan 8th, 2003, 02:00:49 PM
Did we forget 2 very awesome sequels? I think we have.

The Matrix Reloaded

The Matrix Revolutions.

I'm looking forward to these 2 films more than any other flick this year.

2003 for me? Graduation. Finally. May 30th is the day that it happens. Thank God. But this also means that I will be shoved off all alone into the world...

What fun.

ReaperFett
Jan 8th, 2003, 02:14:30 PM
I dont remember forgetting any awesome sequels. I missed two sewuels to an overrated film though :)

Sanis Prent
Jan 8th, 2003, 03:03:42 PM
I'm not looking forward to the Matrix sequels. Should've ended with one, IMO.

ReaperFett
Jan 8th, 2003, 03:36:06 PM
Should have ended at the script IMO ;)

Sanis Prent
Jan 8th, 2003, 05:27:37 PM
I enjoyed the first one. I just can't imagine why they'd continue it after Keanu is cybergod :\

Aejin Rahn
Jan 8th, 2003, 06:20:33 PM
Originally posted by ReaperFett
Should have ended at the script IMO ;)

Wait, did we ask for your opinion?

Zeke
Jan 8th, 2003, 06:22:10 PM
No, but as the talk goes on about the sequel and the original, and all the hype accumulates, I find I agree more and more with Fett's opinion. I feel the same of LotR.

ReaperFett
Jan 8th, 2003, 06:25:01 PM
Wait, did we ask for your opinion?
Did I ask for yours? :)

Aejin Rahn
Jan 8th, 2003, 06:27:10 PM
No, but do I trash movies that you like everytime I see someone talk about them?

ReaperFett
Jan 8th, 2003, 06:35:52 PM
No, but do I care? It's not like Im banning you every time you speak :)

And you may notice, others said similar. How about them? :)

Aejin Rahn
Jan 8th, 2003, 06:46:08 PM
Bah! I say Bah!

Jared Mriad
Jan 8th, 2003, 07:47:24 PM
Stephen King - Dark Tower V

Read the prequil, awesome crap!

Wei Wu Wei
Jan 8th, 2003, 08:16:06 PM
Year 2003? I'm with Zeke as far as the RL girlfriend and getting my HOPE back goes. Along with that, maybe some additional skillage in the Trading Card Games that I play. I also hope to eventually gain my confidence back, my happy upbeat attitude, and possibly renewed inspiration to write books.

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Jan 8th, 2003, 08:22:07 PM
*yawns* get a man here, get a better job, get the hell outta college, move out hopefully.....

Vinny Red
Jan 8th, 2003, 08:28:48 PM
2003 has the potential to be one of the best years of my life :) And I can't wait. This is the year that I hook up with the girl of my dreams, I'll be finishing a few courses and on my way in the wide world of banking (real fun, i know). On top of that, I've got some leads on some good performance stuff for my car (primarly an engine) and it'll be a sweet ride. And finally student loans will be paid off!

:crack

so needless to say, that's me right now...bouncing all around :smokin

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Jan 8th, 2003, 08:39:53 PM
*growls at Vinny*

Inu
Jan 8th, 2003, 08:44:06 PM
Juuuust chill, gf...

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Jan 8th, 2003, 08:53:42 PM
k....*wanders off*

Ishiva Ruell
Jan 9th, 2003, 12:04:10 AM
Originally posted by Jared the Mad
Stephen King - Dark Tower V

Read the prequil, awesome crap!

The Dark Towers series is alright if only it wasn't for that annoying Detta/Odetta/Susannah character. She really tarnishes the books.

Give George R R Martin a try! One of the most talented writers today in both the sci-fi/fantasy genre. Simply awesome! Especially, with the many here that desire to be writers, you would do well to read and learn from him.