PDA

View Full Version : I played the BF 1942 demo...

Sanis Prent
Jan 7th, 2003, 05:00:56 PM
hmm....

Not shabby at all. Reminds me of old school days of playing Muzzle Velocity. I wish the tanks were easier to drive, but o well :)

Now if I can only find an airplane in Tobruk, I'll try that on for size

Darth Viscera
Jan 7th, 2003, 05:56:22 PM
There are airplanes in the Multiplayer demo. 99.995% of the fun of the game comes from playing it multiplayer.

Sanis Prent
Jan 7th, 2003, 10:06:50 PM
Well I almost never play multiplayer games anyways. Still....this looks fun.

ReaperFett
Jan 7th, 2003, 10:15:05 PM
I was playing it on someone elses comp. Was great. I jumped ina plane, and watched as I went backwards. "Why am I not going forwards?" I asked "Wrong key", he said. I got out in time to fall off the cliff behind. The plane followed me down :)

Or on that desert one, where the British defend from the Germans? I ran forward, turning round to realise the others wait. Luckily, I was on the flank, so killed at least four of them with the 1911 (Saving bullets for the run home) before I got in a crossfire from their tanks.

Or when I took a landing craft, and hit rocks, missing the beach by some 10 metres :)

Or on the same map, I took the tank and crested the hill, overseeing a town. Mixing the MG and turret, I was massacring the Germans as they came round. Deciding to patch the tank up (Engineer), I got out, only to see someone steal the tank! Then a Panzerfaust stopped his laughing. Dumb bot :)

What I WANTED to try was ramping a tank off a cliff and jumping out at the last minute, saving myself from damage, before shooting any nearby enemy and getting back in the tank and killing more. But never got the chance to try it :(

Planes are a git to fly though. I want to be rear gunner, but no bots appear then. THey hate me :(

Dark Lord Dyzm
Jan 7th, 2003, 11:18:38 PM
Try jumping out a jeep, you gaim more speed.

And the solo version does not do it justice, you must play multiplayer. Bots are way to easy, they all run the same direction in giant waves.

ReaperFett
Jan 7th, 2003, 11:20:38 PM
Easier said than done. His comp has no internet, I dont have the comp or the modem power.

And the jeep doesnt have the turret and MG :)

Sanis Prent
Jan 8th, 2003, 12:35:14 AM
There are no planes in the demo

Darth Viscera
Jan 8th, 2003, 05:02:58 AM
YOU MUST PLAY THE MULTIPLAYER DEMO!

*thwack*

YOU MUST PLAY THE MULTIPLAYER DEMO!

*pokes a hole in Sanis' lips with a sheesh kabob skewer*

Well I almost never play multiplayer games anyways. Still....this looks fun.

WELL YOU DAMN WELL BETTER START!

Diego Van Derveld
Jan 8th, 2003, 09:02:35 AM
Sorry, its not my thing.

Dark Lord Dyzm
Jan 8th, 2003, 02:09:31 PM
{challenge} cause he knows he can only go against bots with programmed running. You can never hold your own against live people eh?{/challenge}

Sanis Prent
Jan 8th, 2003, 03:07:55 PM
{retort}Because my connection is flaky and I can't be bothered with playing a game with people I don't know.{/retort}

ReaperFett
Jan 8th, 2003, 03:20:06 PM
Thats why I liked the HL mod Firearms. So few servers, I know a lot of the players :)

Javier Enfer
Jan 8th, 2003, 04:45:22 PM
BF1942 in a word: Crap

Sanis Prent
Jan 8th, 2003, 05:11:00 PM
You are out of your gourd! Its excellent.

Javier Enfer
Jan 8th, 2003, 07:40:31 PM
Eatch to there own Charley, eatch to there own. But in my opinion its about as realistic as a rubber duck.

Darth Viscera
Jan 8th, 2003, 10:09:18 PM
charley, you are seriously missing the game if you don't play it multiplayer.

Sanis Prent
Jan 8th, 2003, 10:46:15 PM
Its realistic in its sniping aspect, that's for sure. I found the shell physics to be fun, although I think the "sink" is a bit exaggerated. It isn't as realistic as MOH, no...but as far as just going out and having a good time, without sticking to the grit of it, its there.

Javier Enfer
Jan 9th, 2003, 12:15:52 AM
Gotta disagree with you again here.

Sanis Prent
Jan 9th, 2003, 12:42:00 AM
Well...your loss.

Dark Lord Dyzm
Jan 9th, 2003, 02:28:33 AM
When I game treads away from the normal (Click Boom Sinper Rifles, already at target when you pull the trigger) People whine and cry instead of adjusting. I noticed that in the game. "These weapons suck, wa wa wa waaaaaa" I admit, Day of Defeat had something smart going on. Giving tracers to hand held weapons makes up for lack of normal senses a person really does have. Gives the target a second or two to react, and if they had that, (and the weapons from DOD) In the game, it would be a tons of fun. Like going from a perfect 10 to a 11.

Sanis Prent
Jan 9th, 2003, 12:00:04 PM
Um no. There's absolutely zero need for tracers on sniping weapons. It defeats the purpose of the weapon. You don't want to give away your position.

Sanis Prent
Jan 9th, 2003, 01:23:52 PM
On a down note...I installed the full version and went to play. I run the game just fine. No slowdown problems or anything. However...the sound is all screwed up to hell. I have no idea why. :(

Figrin D'an
Jan 9th, 2003, 09:49:15 PM
Did you download the v.1.2 patch? That might fix it..

Sanis Prent
Jan 9th, 2003, 10:16:16 PM
I downloaded that before I did anything.

Morgan Evanar
Jan 9th, 2003, 10:23:49 PM
Try making sure hardware audio acceleration in the game is disabled. Its very picky.

If you still have problems, get into the multimedia options and turn down the hardware accelleration a notch. I have to practically lean entirely on the CPU to not have crackly sound in Soul Reaver 2.

Master Yoghurt
Jan 10th, 2003, 08:25:41 AM
Yeah, try what Morgan says. Play around with the sound options. Most of the time, it is a soundcard compatibility issue. Make sure hardware acceleration for sound is disabled for the game.

In the game:
Sound/Sound Options/Hardware Acceleration - unchecked

Sanis Prent
Jan 10th, 2003, 03:05:28 PM
Oh well. I tried all that...still doesn't work. No loss though. Not like I spent money on this

Darth Viscera
Jan 11th, 2003, 06:22:49 AM
Pirated versions don't allow you to play multiplayer, unless you go out and flat out steal someone else's CD key.

This is why I've recommended to everyone that they buy the game or at the very least play the multiplayer demo. Out of all the games that have ever been released in the history of mankind, this one is the best value.

Sanis Prent
Jan 11th, 2003, 02:26:33 PM
I've tried the multiplayer demo and played the full version singleplay. It doesn't work.