PDA

View Full Version : Hooray for better graphics!

Keerrourri Feessaarro
Jan 7th, 2003, 12:45:45 AM
Okay, I finally realized that my 32mb Geforce 2 that I got back in 2000 wasn't going to cut it with newer games. I was having to sacrifice all the bells and whistles I love in graphics in order to run things. So, I got a Geforce 4 4200 Ti with 128mb of DDR, and everything is looking pretty :)

(eyes glaze over at Spearhead's Normandy Drop)

Figrin D'an
Jan 7th, 2003, 01:48:30 AM
Good card. The difference is quite dramatic, I'm sure. I was running a Voodoo 5 on my old box, now I'm using a Radeon 9000 Pro. Needless to say... the change was impressive. (Although those old Voodoo cards work great for console emulators... one of the few things that Glide does a little better than Direct3D).

Dark Lord Dyzm
Jan 7th, 2003, 02:15:53 AM
My biggest problem, having a Editing Card with only 64mb, but wanting a gaming card with 128mb... Someone, hook me up with a job!!! I need both!!! I CRAVE both, lol.

Morgan Evanar
Jan 7th, 2003, 03:07:56 PM
Radeon 8500 DV or AIWs are about 200 now, or you could get a card thats good at gaming and a real good capture device, like a Happauge (spelling for sure) 401 and have it last about two years or so.

Darth Viscera
Jan 7th, 2003, 05:53:45 PM
Hauppauge no good. I'm using the WinTV Radio (the model you mentioned) at this moment and have been using it for the last 4 months, the colors are drab and faded, which no amount of filtering can correct, nor can any BT8x8 tweaker, even with full luminance range and white up/down set to the lowest values. Even with the 3rd party Btwincap drivers by Koepi the problem persists.

It's a problem with the BT8x8 chipsets, not the card itself.

At this moment, we would recommend the Leadtech Winfast 2000 XP as a capture card, based on user feedback that we've collected over time. It is not based on a BT8x8 chipset, and we have not heard of any like color desaturation problems.