PDA

View Full Version : The End?

Nemesis
Jan 6th, 2003, 10:48:39 PM
Okay, I just spent about 50 minutes typing up some long, drawn out, intellectual explanation for what I'm about to say. But after I finished and read the thing for myself, I almost instantly deleted it. I think the subject of this thread doesn't need the stifling air of a pompous dealer in fiction, but instead the common language of a flesh and blood human being. Well, I'm glad I got that off my chest.

This is the deal guys: I feel burnt out. After Christmas and the New Year it seemed like every time I sat down at my comp and tried to post I got absolutely nowhere. I honestly feel like my heart's not in it anymore and for me to go on posting as if everything is fine and dandy would be an injustice to everyone. I can't bring myself to spit out sad, little excuses for storylines and posts.

Now hear this: I don't want ANYONE to think this is some big play for sympathy. I HATE pity. My first reaction after my big "epiphany" was to "gracefully" bow out by never posting again. However, there are a lot of you who I have really benefited by knowing, both IC and OOC. I feel you all deserved better than a selfish "fade out".

Since then I have also consider the chance this phase might be just that, and at some point down the road I might return. So each day after Jan. 1 I waited, but this fizzled out feeling is still holding strong.

To sum everything up; this thread is two parts apology and one part notice. I am very sorry for not speaking up sooner, especially to those I'm currently in threads with, but I'm not a fan of sympathy, as I said before, and I don't want this being swept under the rug with the rest of the pity parties. Second, because I have yet to lose this cumbersome burden I must regretfully announce my indefinite departure from the world of SW rping.

Kindo, Raiden, Crystal/Shawna, Soth, Dae, Jeran, Wei, Zeke, Dios, Dalamar, Alana I just wanted to give a special thanks to you guys (and gals) for all you've done for me. I still look forward to hearing from you and anyone else for that matter. Email me anytime (honestbob1215@yahoo.com) or drop me a line by IM, honestbob1215 (whenever I get my comp to accept AOL Instant Messenger again), heck I might even hang around the OOC forum from time to time. I hope you understand my decision.

I should think that I will come back, some day. Until then, I bid you all a fond farewell.

Nate (Nemesis/The Preacha/Oleander/Sabian Malice):D :rollin :crack

Dae Jinn
Jan 6th, 2003, 10:59:04 PM
:(

Bye bye Nem Nem, talk to me on AIM! (get AIMExpress! Silly thing!)

Taylor Millard
Jan 6th, 2003, 11:04:46 PM
And you're always welcome back if you decide to return.

I know I've left and come back before.

It is allowed ya know :)

Dae Jinn
Jan 6th, 2003, 11:09:32 PM
No it isn't! *banishes Taylor* :lol

j/k! I hope you do come back Nem, even if it's just to joke around in OOC. or to lurk ;)

Kelt Simoson
Jan 7th, 2003, 12:15:27 AM
Seeya around man..take care....

Alana Stormcloud
Jan 7th, 2003, 12:30:56 AM
Huggles Nem.... :( You will be very missed. Your rp's were awesome and wonderful to read. I hope you come back very soon. All of the Shrine await your return and if not to rp then stay as a friend that you have become. Huggs and good luck on your rl stuff :)

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Jan 7th, 2003, 01:25:27 AM
Your talent will be missed. Take care and be happy :)

Zeke
Jan 7th, 2003, 07:52:21 AM
Good luck, Nem. It's gonna be a real quiet place around here without ya.

Crystal StarRider
Jan 7th, 2003, 08:00:58 AM
I know how you feel Nem, about the burnout..I stopped rping on the other vboard. I just can't seem to get into those characters lately, and am just playing 1 character here, void of a sig..>_<..
**needs to rectify that**
You are an outstanding gifted writer, and a good friend..I will keep in touch..:)

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 7th, 2003, 02:05:44 PM
:cry Bye Nemesis! And The Preacha! :( I'll miss seeing you around the boards.

imported_Taja Loraan
Jan 7th, 2003, 02:18:04 PM
Bye, buddy...

Ki-Adi Kindo
Jan 7th, 2003, 07:43:12 PM
You know how I feel, Nate.

Vampyre Dalamar
Jan 7th, 2003, 08:43:22 PM
Your leaving? Its lies I tell you. First Zutania and now you what is happening :cry

Pilot Akito
Jan 7th, 2003, 09:09:47 PM
I might even hang around the OOC forum from time to time.

LOL, see ya around seeing that I'm hanging around the OOC forum because I'm doing other RL things. Just drop us a line and take a break.

Preston Ander
Jan 7th, 2003, 09:48:02 PM
Yeah, man. It's all ok. As I have heard one person say when it's all good, "Incest is fly."

If you come back, we should RP some more. The Preacha is the coolest.

Valirion Thorn
Jan 8th, 2003, 04:47:25 PM
Yeah, good luck on whatever suits you my man, the blood runs hot for only so long they say and that s understandable. You held awesome fights and ran the board in circles with your amazing posts. But if you ever come back, you better get in touch with me cuz you owe me a few fights buddy rho! :lol I'll talk to you later friend