PDA

View Full Version : The Incredible, Educated Sejah.

Sejah Haversh
Jan 6th, 2003, 08:10:59 PM
Okay, so he's not exactly book-smart, but, this thread isn't about him, it's about me.

In a crazed attempt to finish my AA before the end of this year, I have taken on 20 credits this quarter, and have also somehow had my work schedule bumped up to forty hours a week now. And if that's not enough, all four of my chasses say I'll probably have five to ten hours of studying time every week.

Needless to say, I am going to go insane, or at least become very sleep-deprived at the least. My time online will be cut drastically, and most days I won't even be on at all. That is a bummer, because I love playing here, and Sejah is in quite a few threads at the moment. So, I will continue to play out those threads, but not quite as fast as I used to. I hope you all will understand, I'm going from tons of free time to none at all, which is a huge drag, especially since I still don't have a working car. But, it is in the name of getting me a degree so I can actually get a job, so, I'll go for it.

That said, I ought to be going for now. Already have 200 pages to read in various books for tomorrow. Never, ever take four humanities classes at once, folks....

- Mitch (Sejah)

ReaperFett
Jan 6th, 2003, 08:12:33 PM
Can I ask, what is AA?

Armaiil Kryatir
Jan 6th, 2003, 08:14:13 PM
And what're you learning? Good luck with whatever it may be!

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 6th, 2003, 08:15:14 PM
Gives me a chance to catch up at least...

Good luck mate

Dae Jinn
Jan 6th, 2003, 08:15:31 PM
Good luck Mitch, you can do it Strange boy! :)

Sejah Haversh
Jan 6th, 2003, 08:19:19 PM
AA is an Associate of Arts degree. It basically means you've cleared out all your basic classes and can start higher up in a real University without having to take the basic courses again at gouging prices.

I really, really want a double major in History and English, with a minor in Art and sub-minor in Animation Direction, but, I then think about how much money that would cost, and how I can't even afford to fix my car(s). Ahh, Junior College, it's a darn good thing it's cheap.

Now if only my dad would give me the half of my tuition he is legally required to give me.... (long story, don't ask)

Oh yeah, and I still have to buy my books. *wonders how he's going to buy $300 worth of books with 96 cents...*

Loki Ahmrah
Jan 6th, 2003, 08:24:16 PM
Talk about bad-timing! I've just gained loads of free time as you're losing it! :cry

Well I will have my reply up for "Best Archer" tomorrow, Mitch, take whatever time you need. Needless to say, I of all people, will understand. Best of luck with your. Take care.

Sejah Haversh
Jan 6th, 2003, 08:28:08 PM
Heh, right as I sent you a PM about my most recent post there....

Well, I'll still be making time for that one, that's for sure. It is my masterpiece thread at the moment, and it's been progressing so well over the last few months that I've grown quite attached to it. So, I'll look for your reply tomorrow, but who knows when I'll be able to get my next one up. One thing's for sure, my five-page epics will be making rarer and rarer appearances...

Loki Ahmrah
Jan 6th, 2003, 08:32:09 PM
Gives the non-speed-readers a chance I guess. :)

Sejah Haversh
Jan 6th, 2003, 09:03:26 PM
Hey, it's not that long...

Wait, no, yes it is.

For any of you who have an hor or so to kill and want to know a little more about Sejah and where he comes from, go ahead and check this out. Sure, it's a shameless plug, but, I really don't care; I like it that much.

http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22542&perpage=20&pagenumber=1

"The Best Archer in Nottingham"

You'll figure out the reason behind the title later, if you don't know it already.

ReaperFett
Jan 6th, 2003, 09:14:40 PM
You read my threads, I'll read yours ;)

Ryla Relvinian
Jan 6th, 2003, 10:16:13 PM
Good luck Mitch. I know how hard it is to balance a busy life with a stressful school schedule. Just keep on doing what's right for you and all will work out in the end. See if you can check out books from the library, or buy them used or from half.com. Good luck!

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 7th, 2003, 02:04:24 PM
Good luck! If I had my old books here with me I'd send them to you (if I had any you needed) but I don't so ...sorry. :(

Hang in there Mitch!

Jamel Croko'yn
Jan 7th, 2003, 07:25:08 PM
Well Sejah I just wanted to say that I'll be killing my time near the mourning this weekend to read up on 'em! ^_^ Fresh

Estelle Russard
Jan 7th, 2003, 10:17:03 PM
Good luck with your studies :)

Im behind by one page in "Archer"...there are some hellalong posts there you two! But worth the time, as I know already :)

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jan 7th, 2003, 11:29:04 PM
good lucks, Mitch; call me anytime, eh ^_^

and when you comin' down to fratern- uh, I mean, visit me?

Sejah Haversh
Jan 7th, 2003, 11:31:02 PM
Well, as far as long posts go, wait until he actually gets into the tournament. You might be seeing some seven to ten page posts that'll be knocked out in a half hour or so....

When I get into things, I can go pretty fast.

And thanks everybody. I really like one of my teachers. I've had him before for a different class, and he's going to make this one, (Philosophy- Medieval Thinking) a real blast!

Unfortunately, my English teacher is a ditzy witch who is stuck on herself, and my Psychology teacher is super-conceited and boooo-riiiing! My history teacher I haven't decided on yet. She's pretty cool, but, it'll take some time before I can get her figured out.

My work also decided to bump me up to 40 hours a week too, which is insane when taking 20 credits... I'll have to see if I can get it knocked back to about 25-30 or something. Or get a better job. Oh how I'd like a better job....

Jamel Croko'yn
Jan 9th, 2003, 12:32:57 AM
Woogidy, hope this teacher situation pans out good ^_^ [SIZE=1]