PDA

View Full Version : New Recruits

Navaria Tarkin
Jan 6th, 2003, 01:17:42 PM
do you guys think some sort of system needs to be set up around here so Padawans can get Master's quicker and trained?

I wanted to post here first before posting in avalon. I don't want it to get sidetracked or spammed since that is the case with some of the posters around here when important issues are brought up. I am really getting sick of that...

I think we should really make a list of people taking padawans and show sticky topic it in recruitment ... it can be updated and what not .... I know there is a tally being done but it should be consolidated into one post so new people don't have to scroll ... also, if changes need to be done... someone can post in avalon or PM one of the staff to change it....

could use more suggestions tho ... :lol

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 6th, 2003, 02:21:41 PM
Mark your thread appropriately and delete unwanted posts. If someone complains, smack them uside of head.

What Recruitment needs is just a few people looking after it. And someone whom will communicate whom needs access to Avalon and call for Knight and Masters to take PAdawans up. Posting is the best idea, staff can just get to it whom ever gets to it first.

TheHolo.Net
Jan 6th, 2003, 08:28:06 PM
A few good volunters would go a long way knowing just what to do with a little guidance.

Morgan Evanar
Jan 6th, 2003, 09:07:42 PM
I'm not volunteering for the job... but if a Padawan asks I'll take them... provided they aren't spamhappy can't write dolts.

I guess that gets rid of a lot of them...

Navaria Tarkin
Jan 6th, 2003, 10:15:08 PM
All right ... I'll start a thread tomorrow asking for volunteers in avalon... three perhaps for the recruitment center... I'll look through the thread that has peeps listing their teaching status and make a sticky thread for padawan access ... that might help.. right now don't have the time but it'll get done.

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 6th, 2003, 10:20:42 PM
What worries about calling for volunteers is if one the Georgian Clique takes it up. I dont trust them at all.

Navaria Tarkin
Jan 7th, 2003, 12:10:04 AM
nani?

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 7th, 2003, 12:13:11 AM
Wei / Dios and co. I just dont feel comfortable with them being resonsible for anything.

Navaria Tarkin
Jan 7th, 2003, 12:16:12 AM
hmm ... well ... :\ hrm... We should have at least three people ... one of them should be a veteran I suppose.

We should also figure out what the duties would be like ... an ongoing list of Padawans etc...

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 7th, 2003, 12:26:02 AM
I'd agree. I'ld love to have a vetern in charge of a Rank of Master if possible. If not ... that be okay.

They need to greet people wanting to join fast, greet them well, have a bit of conversation to get the newbie into the fold, give them a rundown of how things are done OOC here and also IC, then issue notice to availible MAsters. Once Master takes m up, it is their responsibility (maybe or thos can be the greeters) to arrange Avalon access.

Lits should be kept of new Padawans and who's assigned whereand of course, who's availibel to train.

(Which reminds me, must get to Sejah's final spar - goign to get him promoted soon.)

Navaria Tarkin
Jan 7th, 2003, 12:32:36 AM
If not ... need at least a Knight veteran then ...

Well, these people who want to do this need to tag thread titles with MOD ... get our attention to edit the padawan and training acceptance lists ... also, who are being welcomed.

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 7th, 2003, 12:34:21 AM
Do we have a MOD tag here? I didnt hink we had any tags here?

Navaria Tarkin
Jan 7th, 2003, 12:43:22 AM
Well, tag in the old sense of typing it into the Subject field like

"Padawan Needing Access (MOD)'

kinda thing :p

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 7th, 2003, 01:13:05 AM
Oh. Of course. Duh he says to himself

Navaria Tarkin
Jan 7th, 2003, 10:56:30 AM
Sage mentioned getting admin powers ... honestly, with how much he goes MIA and the length of that MIAing .. I say no... but he be ideal for helping recruits tho methinks

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 7th, 2003, 02:45:24 PM
No to sage getting Admin back. We have more than eough hands aound the place.

Probably right about helping with recuits tho. Wonder if he'll help out?

Navaria Tarkin
Jan 8th, 2003, 11:09:54 AM
all right... well, I will make a post asking for volunteers then and then pick em... well, not just me everyone :p

TheHolo.Net
Jan 8th, 2003, 11:12:10 AM
Well done. :)

TheHolo.Net
Jan 8th, 2003, 11:18:04 AM
BTW: A [MOD] tag can be added for the OOC Avalon forum easily enough if wanted. :)

Navaria Tarkin
Jan 8th, 2003, 11:19:31 AM
OOO OOO

:: means yes can we get that :: :lol

TheHolo.Net
Jan 8th, 2003, 11:28:24 AM
The [MOD] tag has been added in the Chamber forum. More can be added if needed. I just figured this would help alleviate confusion with the new recruit stuff. :)

Navaria Tarkin
Jan 8th, 2003, 11:31:57 AM
whoohooo!!! :crack

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 8th, 2003, 03:28:43 PM
ooooooooo :D

Zeke, I can handle in this. Terran, he's good so yes. But please, not fucking Dios or Kindo. I cant imagine how fucked that could be.

Navaria Tarkin
Jan 8th, 2003, 08:58:41 PM
Sage, Zeke, Terran and Xazor should be enough then yes?

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 8th, 2003, 08:59:42 PM
Yes. That'll work out okay

Navaria Tarkin
Jan 9th, 2003, 11:05:50 AM
ah vega even wants to ... I think adding him would be all right. another vet and she also has funky hours.

Wei had a good idea for a council tag ... might be useful

TheHolo.Net
Jan 9th, 2003, 01:35:20 PM
[COUNCIL] is bit long, and we have yet to get any input from others really. Maybe if it is decided as a good idea an abbrviation of come sort would work? Something like [CNCL]

And really, whats the point of a CNCL tag in an OOC forum? o_O The Council is an IC body of government, while mods are the OOC form of government.

To me a MOD tag makes sense in an OOC forum but a Council tag in the OOC forum doesn't.

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 9th, 2003, 04:18:22 PM
Doesnt quite gel with me either - IC Avalon is the Council's shooting ground, anythign in there almsot by default is their buisness and they should be aware. If the Council aint looking in on IC Avalon... then why are they on the Council? It's not like Avalon has 100's of posts than need sifting.

Oh, Vega wants to do recruitment too? hell yes.

Navaria Tarkin
Jan 9th, 2003, 09:54:44 PM
then I will post those names then...

As for the Council thing ... whatever the majority is I don't care really, just wanted to bring it to y'all attention

Sage Hazzard
Jan 12th, 2003, 11:42:50 PM
Oops. From reading this thread, I probably shouldn't have access to this forum.

If you don't want me as an admin, I understand. I go MIA a lot like has been said. Having a person listed as an admin that isn't here half the time isn't good for business.

I haven't seen the thread (or haven't looked hard enough) where I was being asked to be a recruiter. Or maybe it hasn't been posted yet. Anyway, even though I'm probably not supposed to have access to this page anymore, I'll go ahead and use my access now to say, I'll accept the duties of welcomer. :)

Oh, and no hard feelings if I'm banned from this forum or if I never get admin powers back. I understand. And even if I didn't, I know you guys know what you're doing and don't just decide things by eenie miny moes.

imported_Akrabbim
Jan 13th, 2003, 12:59:11 AM
I'm assuming I'm not supposed to have access to this forum any more either, but still...

as I've said before, you could take a lot of strain off the people if you allow people who already have a character who's been here for some time to just head out on their own. And you may wanna do this on a private basis, as in, tell charachters in PMs that they don't need to worry about having a master. Just go into a training thread or two, and go about your business. That's what I've done with just about every character since Akrabbim, and no one's complained yet. Comments?