PDA

View Full Version : in search of a master

Janus Riddyl
Jan 5th, 2003, 08:33:32 PM
Janus walked down the steps that led from the sleek, chrome ship that was once his father's and now was his. Call it a birthday preasent.
The temple docking bay was beautiful, and very large. There was even enough space for him to stretch out. He took a stance with his legs past his shoulder width and spread his arms out in the air. Then his black cloak fell from his shoulders and crumpled to the stone floor. His wings were massive, each one stretched close to fifteen feet from his back, a thirty foot wingspan. Jedi and padawans looked on as the white feathers glistened in the sunlight.
"Have they never seen an angel of Iego before?" Janus asked outloud to himself.
After stretching, his wings compressed and held close to his body; they didn't take up so much room now. Janus decided to walk around to find out more of the academy and how he might learn of the Force.

Later

Janus had asked a few people and had finally made his way to the recruitment center. Upon arriving, he waited in lines to register himself, and took a midi-clorian count test. He was told to wait now for someone to come and talk to him. Hopefully it would be the Jedi that trains him to also become a Jedi Knight. Only nineteen Angels of Iego had ever been Jedi Knights, and that was during the Old Republic.

Zeke
Jan 8th, 2003, 11:29:20 AM
Zeke paces near the entrance, watching the potentials as they entered. One caught his eye.

"A person with wings? New one on me. I'm Zeke, a Knight of this Order. May I ask your name?"

Janus Riddyl
Jan 8th, 2003, 09:00:43 PM
Janus turned to face the Knight and grinned. He was pleased to finally meet an actual Jedi Knight. If it wasn't for the self control he had over himself, he might have jumped about and acted as a little child would. "Janus Riddyl, pleasure to meet you Master Zeke. You are the first Jedi Knight to actually greet me, so forgive me if I am acting a bit too excited."

Zeke
Jan 8th, 2003, 09:15:54 PM
"Happy is good. I myself was raised on the belief that happiness is the ultimate goal of all beings...and that one should always, always be happy. What brings you to the Order?"

Janus Riddyl
Jan 9th, 2003, 08:59:09 AM
"I seek to be trained in the ways of the Force. Although it is not the desire of my family at home, I choose to live my life for the well being of all. An example of good virtues for others than myself."

Zeke
Jan 9th, 2003, 09:07:34 AM
Hm...an example of good virtue?

"There's a bit more to this than being a good role model..."

Janus Riddyl
Jan 9th, 2003, 12:24:57 PM
"I understand that, Jedi can't sit around all day reading books and doing good deeds. In my eyes, the Jedi are also defenders of all that is right. Fighting for just causes until the end, even if it claims their lives. I admire Jedi for what they do, for what they sacrifice in order to keep the peace."

Zeke
Jan 9th, 2003, 03:21:07 PM
Sounds good to Zeke. Still, something's nagging him...

"You seem to have a pretty good idea that Jedi are heroes...but not everyone views us that way. You're gonna catch hell for your alliegance to the Order. From lots of people, not just darksiders. And not all battles are physical...you understand this, right?"

Janus Riddyl
Jan 9th, 2003, 08:35:04 PM
"I do understand this. All great things come from a hardship and I am prepared to weather disapproval that anyone might have."

Zeke
Jan 9th, 2003, 08:39:05 PM
"Well then, if you're absolutely certain, welcome aboard. Rooms in the LQ aren't assigned, so just grab the first empty one you come across. Maybe you can room with someone if you'd rather not live alone. Yog's is a cool place to chill and meet the people, and the Academy is the place to be for training. Speaking of which, there's a list of potential teachers on the desk over there. I'd recommend you request a master. Taking the initiative is an essential Jedi skill. Good day to you, Padawan Janus."