PDA

View Full Version : Episode VI - Real Ending?

Jedi_Psyche
Dec 29th, 2002, 01:38:21 PM
I was watching Episode VI yesterday and I started to wonder about something. Yoda greatly emphasizes that if Luke is to die or turn to the dark side, that Leia would be the Jedi's last hope. Of course, Luke doesnt die and he defeats the dark side, so I started to wonder what the final three episodes are about, which made me wonder. I thought that maybe, as Lucus came to the conclusion that he would not make the final three, Lucus decided to alter the ending of Episode VI, so it would bring all conflict to an end. I wonder if, in the original story, Lucus had written that Luke was to die by the hand of the Emperor, and then, the final three episodes would depict Leia defeating the dark side.

Im sure that many will disagree with me, but I just thought it'd be something interesting to think about.

TheHolo.Net
Jan 5th, 2003, 03:34:56 AM
The discussion continues here (showthread.php?s=&threadid=26222).

Lady_X
Jan 13th, 2003, 05:45:03 PM
Aye, Lucas decided to throw out Episodes 7-9 due to time constraints and such. Lucas is also getting up there in age and I'm sure he wants to move in a different direction than Star Wars. From what I'd heard, there was some discussion with Harrison Ford to take up his personna, 'the Man with the Hat' (Indiana Jones). IMO and at a risk of sounding like I'm changing the topic, Harrison could come back as Indy, but I'd prefer he'd pass the mantle on to Brendan Fraser (the Mummy), who could play his son, and move the direction towards the Cold War instead of fighting Nazis (not that there's anything wrong with that, :p ). Of course, Sir Sean Connery could do as a cameo as Henry Jones SR.

Anyway, back to the post Return of the Jedi sagas, I guess we'll have to be comfortable with only the novels and graphic magazines that has come along.

If it's Luke Skywalker consumed by the Dark Side of the Force, you only have to look at the non-canon graphic mag, Dark Empire. Luke senses that the Emperor is reborn in a clone body and serves his will, falsely believing that he could conquer the Dark Side within. He fails and is rescued by his sister, Leia.

I got a bit disgruntled with the novels and magazines, of which I got annoyed with the prospect that every move Luke made seemed to totter on "disaster". He'd nearly been consumed by the Dark Side, killed (almost twice), faced an evil clone of his (Luuke), faced down a cloned Jedi Master from the days of the Clone Wars (Joruus C'boath), and such.

I mean, LEAVE LUKE ALONE, for crying out loud, the poor guy has a lot going against him.

Then I thought twice and said to myself, no, let Luke undergoe such "defeats" and "mishaps".

Why?

Because with each defeat and mishap Luke faces makes him stronger and wiser. If Luke didn't have such challenges and had a "clear path", he wouldn't get any more powerful (through trail and error with wisdom).

Asofar as Leia, let's not forget that she is also a Skywalker and heir to a very powerful dark legacy. Through her blood is also that of her father, Anakin. She's been a bit hotheaded as well (perhaps more so than Luke, who was mostly "whiney" at the beginning), although she definately has her mother's wisdom. I've always facied the notion that Luke would have stepped in and told Leia her choices: become a full-fledged Jedi Knight and better able to thwart the mechanisms of the Dark Side, or take risks as being Mon Mothma's replacement as Chancellor of the Republic, untrained. I'd even thought that Leia could and should become a Jedi Knight and better leave the leadership after a few years, once the Senate can reconvine (and a board of inquiry into Senate Corruption and War Crimes could look into Senators who've been nawti since Palpatine came into power).

Asofar as bringing on Episodes 7-9, I'll go for it. :) Better yet, let's have a TV series for Star Wars, except based around the Clone Wars and such (like Bablylon 5). They could be totally new character concepts but on occasion bring in a few of the "mainstreamers" (like Master Yoda, f'r instance).

Lady X

Drake Lonerunner
Apr 18th, 2003, 07:26:19 AM
But doesnt Leia become a Jedi??? Luke trains her and her kids and also one of the kids becomes a dark Jedi. And also 7-9 have nothing to do with Luke and leia; its all based on different characters (But the decendants of Luke and his new reign of Jedi). The adventures that Luke and Mara Jade and all the rest are in between 6 and 7.

And there won't be a 7,8,9 because Lucas doens't want to do it, Speilberg ask for it but Lucas is a hard headed fool and wants Star Wars to end with him and with him only (and i don't really blame the guy).

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 18th, 2003, 09:32:20 AM
Notice the link please :)